And now Daniel Stendel is off home and returning Christmas night

Whatever

pettigrewsstylist
17 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Bit harsh to deny the guy Christmas with his family ffs. Presumably Germany celebrate the 24th. 🤣

Yip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Last Laff

• Beast Boy

• Jambo-Fox

The NZ cricket team is playing OZ on boxing day.  None of this spending time at home with the family bollocks applies to them and it shouldn't to us.

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Whatever said:

So it’s a ‘no’

🤭

Well colour me surprised, nobody wants bet £100 on some bollocks some bellend posted on kickback? :lol:

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

He’s not allowed an Xmas shocker.

this place is hysterical 

We're  bottom of the league . Guy heads home for Xmas and rocks up less than 24hrs before the Derby having zero preparation with the players and thats deemed acceptable? I mean seriously? 

How about  the guys family pop over for a holiday and see Daniel between training sessions and prep . 

It this is correct it's nothing short of laughable. 

Jean Louis Valois
56 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me at all. 

Naismith hardly ever comes through to Edinburgh during the week either. 

the club is in some state. 

I was thinking on Wednesday night if Naismith ever comes to the games when he's injured. I dont think I've ever seen him sitting with the other players behind the dugout 

10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Well colour me surprised, nobody wants bet £100 on some bollocks some bellend posted on kickback? :lol:

:lol:

I have absolutely no problem with a dad going home to spend Christmas with his wife and kids. I’d imagine it was more than likely agreed during discussions to become our manager. 

59 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Please say this isn’t the case.

Levein taking training next week. 

Austin McPhee's doing it via Skype from the comfort of his sofa.

Stuart McNeill

Gotta spend time with his family considering he's probably stressed af already. 

However, I don't know why OP seems awfully smug about it. 

2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

I have absolutely no problem with a dad going home to spend Christmas with his wife and kids. I’d imagine it was more than likely agreed during discussions to become our manager. 

You happy about AK and the goalie coach doing the prep for the Derby or maybe we are bringing back Fox and Daly or perhaps McPhee and Levein ? 

There not another club in the country world sanction this . Daniel should have been told to fly his family over or he sees them after the 29th , utterly shambolic if true , that's why I'm struggling to believe it's true . 

1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

No issue with this if it's true. There's much more to life than football.

I mean obviously and I don't think anyone would really be too unhappy about a guy spending Christmas with his family but he's a football manager :lol: it's just one of the very few cons of a very privileged position that you might have to miss out on certain things because you have a job to do.

4 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Austin McPhee's doing it via Skype from the comfort of his sofa.

On his new xmas prezzy laptop? 🎅🎅🎅🥾

8 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

5 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

This x 2.

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

You happy about AK and the goalie coach doing the prep for the Derby or maybe we are bringing back Fox and Daly or perhaps McPhee and Levein ? 

There not another club in the country world sanction this . Daniel should have been told to fly his family over or he sees them after the 29th , utterly shambolic if true , that's why I'm struggling to believe it's true . 

I wouldn’t be too upset about Kirk taking the prep for the derby tbh. 

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

This 100%

Were currently sitting in Shit Street and we’re gonae give our new manager time off for Christmas then he’ll meet up again on Boxing Day with the players......ffs that’s just ridiculous.

Just now, DarioHMFC said:

Jesus wept , Lets just forget about Daniel and give Andy the job , save a few bob 

N Lincs Jambo
1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

Ably assisted by Gary Locke and the derby will take care of itself. In all the darkness of our relegation season GL always made sure the players were up for it.

Jesus! 2 pages of zero facts, just knee jerk reactions "I mean, I dinny ken if it's true or no, but imagine wanting to see his family! Hertz through and through or it's no acceptable! Mad Budge OOOOT! that's my Christmas ruined!" Get a grip! 

13 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Correct and I wouldn’t blame the poor ******* for not coming back.  

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

In Budges world it is normal to honour a new employees planned holidays.

She hasn’t a clue about football 

In pretty much every employment it’s normal to honour a new employees planned holidays. Who’s to say it wasn’t one of his red lines to signing? That he got to spend Christmas with his family?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

She probably thinks it’s the winter break

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Have you never applied for a job where they have asked "Do you have any holidays planned?" like? To turn him down from getting the job based on him wanting to see family over Christmas is as mad as the OP

8 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

I mean obviously and I don't think anyone would really be too unhappy about a guy spending Christmas with his family but he's a football manager :lol: it's just one of the very few cons of a very privileged position that you might have to miss out on certain things because you have a job to do.

Yip... a multi million pound business where the core product is struggling? I’d expect the boss to make sacrifices in time of crisis. 

Putting yourself out and all that.  Just an opinion on the subject, btw.  There’s no solid proof DS is going away.  

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, DarioHMFC said:

In pretty much every employment it’s normal to honour a new employees planned holidays. Who’s to say it wasn’t one of his red lines to signing? That he got to spend Christmas with his family?

give over :rofl: do you think Arteta will be trampolining with his kids over the next few days? Do you think Ancelotti will casually go carol singing next week while Bug Dunc is managing everything?

Part if our problem is we have fans who don’t want to question the club in any way. Stendel should be here. We’re bottom of the fecking league.

3 minutes ago, Jamie86 said:

Have you never applied for a job where they have asked "Do you have any holidays planned?" like? To turn him down from getting the job based on him wanting to see family over Christmas is as mad as the OP

Imagine the reaction of folk on here if Hearts told him he wasn’t getting the job because he wanted to go home for Christmas 😂😂

Edited by DarioHMFC

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

give over :rofl: do you think Arteta will be trampolining with his kids over the next few days? Do you think Ancelotti will casually go carol singing next week while Bug Dunc is managing everything?

Part if our problem is we have fans who don’t want to question the club in any way. Stendel should be here. We’re bottom of the fecking league.

Would you be happy if he walked away from the job because we wouldn’t give him a couple days off to spend with his family? I wouldn’t. Nobody knows the background to this but if he’s told the club he’d sign but part of that was he got to go spend time with family at Christmas then I’m completely fine with that. 

Imagine the reaction of folk on here if Hearts told him he wasn’t getting the job because she wanted to go home for Christmas 😂😂

Can you imagine? 🤣🤣 That's a thread I would love to be in before the lockdown! 

4 minutes ago, Jamie86 said:

That's exactly the type of commitment we're crying out for.

55 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Even IF its true, is it so wrong in wanting time off to see family and friends at Christmas. 

It'll be the January window before he really gets to make his mark. 

Exactly this!! 
The manager is the one person at the moment who I wouldn’t grudge Xmas with his family!!!

As for the rest of the wasters!!!...........

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Would you be happy if he walked away from the job because we wouldn’t give him a couple days off to spend with his family? I wouldn’t. Nobody knows the background to this but if he’s told the club he’d sign but part of that was he got to go spend time with family at Christmas then I’m completely fine with that. 

I’m utterly fecking amazed, to be perfectly honest, that he thinks it’s acceptable to disappear from the club when we’ve just lost a bottom of the table game and are three points adrift. It’s remarkable.

sad to say, we’re going down. The club are sleepwalking into it and don’t even seem that arsed.

Two pages & no one has suggested Locke to take the training this week?! Lol

Actually if it’s for a one off game it wouldn’t be the craziest of ideas.

Imagine when the payers come in for a huge Derby, after going bottom of the league with 3 loses in a row since the new boss comes in  and see AK and the goalie coach prepping the training . The boss is away back home for crimbo but he'll be rocking up the day before the games lads . Sends out some message to the players .

Only at Hearts could this be possible and us as fans have became that detached from reality that we think it's reasonable in footballing circles . 

We will get absolutely savage in the pre match build up if this is true . 

Yes it's Xmas but his family should be coming over here . 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

After being up close to the absolute shite he has to work with, I'd be surprised if he came back. 

Me too. 

I’m utterly fecking amazed, to be perfectly honest, that he thinks it’s acceptable to disappear from the club when we’ve just lost a bottom of the table game and are three points adrift. It’s remarkable.

sad to say, we’re going down. The club are sleepwalking into it and don’t even seem that arsed.

So - if it turned out Stendel walked away from the job because we refused to grant him his planned time at home with his family, you would be completely ok with that? I’d be absolutely fuming at the club for being so stupid.

I’m sorry mate, I absolutely love Hearts but I’m not going to get upset over a guy, who’s in a different country from his family, wanting to go back and see them at Christmas.