And now Daniel Stendel is off home and returning Christmas night

Whatever

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

So - if it turned out Stendel walked away from the job because we refused to grant him his planned time at home with his family, you would be completely ok with that? I’d be absolutely fuming at the club for being so stupid.

I’m sorry mate, I absolutely love Hearts but I’m not going to get upset over a guy, who’s in a different country from his family, wanting to go back and see them at Christmas.

If he wants Christmas with the family then he’s in the wrong job. I’m sorry but that’s a fact.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Last Laff

• Beast Boy

• Jambo-Fox

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Imagine when the payers come in for a huge Derby, after going bottom of the league with 3 loses in a row since the new boss comes in  and see AK and the goalie coach prepping the training . The boss is away back home for crimbo but he'll be rocking up the day before the games lads . Sends out some message to the players .

Only at Hearts could this be possible and us as fans have became that detached from reality that we think it's reasonable in footballing circles . 

We will get absolutely savage in the pre match build up if this is true . 

Yes it's Xmas but his family should be coming over here . 

Folk have been trying to defend the indefensible for so long that I don't think they even know what is normal anymore.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If he wants Christmas with the family then he’s in the wrong job. I’m sorry but that’s a fact.

He, more than likely, wasn’t in a job when he would have arranged to spend Christmas home. We approached and not the other way round.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

He, more than likely, wasn’t in a job when he would have arranged to spend Christmas home. We approached and not the other way round.

Look if you’re fine that he’s not here before the derby, that’s up to you.

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Hardly ideal preparation for the derby though I accept he deserves time with his family.

Yet another example of why we need his assistants here.

Where did you get this information from? Big statement to make.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Barack said:

Everyone's going home. Garuccio & Bozanic off to Australia tomorrow. :lol:

£3k Charity bet says I'm right?

Maybe we’re giving the derby a miss. Ann would probably rather get an orchestra out there anyway.

“Hi Mr Stendel, it’s Hearts here. We really really want you to be our manager even though you haven’t applied for the job but you’re going to need to give up that Christmas at home you’ve promised your kid(s)”

Aye, good one. 

55 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Get his ****in’ family over here. We play the filth on Boxing Day for **** sake.  

Wonderful post well said .We need they ****in players thinking the same .

1 hour ago, jake said:

Fek this.

Charity Levein and his charity squad.

Lazy piss takers.

On and off the pitch .

See if I had been as inept and lazy as this team I'd have been sacked.

And I wouldn't be jumping about in a fekin range rover supplied by my company.

Why do you write your sentences like your trying to create a poem?

It’s just a bit weird.

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Would you be happy if he walked away from the job because we wouldn’t give him a couple days off to spend with his family? I wouldn’t. Nobody knows the background to this but if he’s told the club he’d sign but part of that was he got to go spend time with family at Christmas then I’m completely fine with that. 

Aye **** it, just give him Boxing Day off too.  It’s not like there’s anything important to do here. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

“Hi Mr Stendel, it’s Hearts here. We really really want you to be our manager even though you haven’t applied for the job but you’re going to need to give up that Christmas at home you’ve promised your kid(s)”

Aye, good one. 

“Hi DarioHMFC, we’re bottom of the league and going down but we’ll toss off the derby by letting everyone go home for Christmas. This okay with you? Tremendous. See you in Arbroath.”

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Aye **** it, just give him Boxing Day off too.  It’s not like there’s anything important to do here. 

As I said in a post above, we approached him to take the job. He might have already promised his kid(s) that he’d be home for Christmas and doesn’t want to let them down. Can’t blame a guy for that. 

The Real Maroonblood
58 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If true. 

He may already have made plans and we agreed to honour them. 

New employee gets pre planned holidays honoured. 

I'm shocked. 

Your probably right.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, DarioHMFC said:

As I said in a post above, we approached him to take the job. He might have already promised his kid(s) that he’d be home for Christmas and doesn’t want to let them down. Can’t blame a guy for that. 

I don’t actually blame him for that either but it doesn’t help us.

Tynecastle will be horrible if we lose on Thursday. It’s waiting to blow.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“Hi DarioHMFC, we’re bottom of the league and going down but we’ll toss off the derby by letting everyone go home for Christmas. This okay with you? Tremendous. See you in Arbroath.”

So if he told the club he’d take the job as long as he got to go home for Christmas, we should have walked away? Is that what you’re saying?

I don’t actually blame him for that either but it doesn’t help us.

Tynecastle will be horrible if we lose on Thursday. It’s waiting to blow.

No, it doesn’t particularly help us but if it was a toss up between letting him go home from Christmas or him not taking the job then I’m fine with him going home.

Nobody knows the ins and outs but I’d be very very surprised if this wasn’t a condition to him agreeing to take the job. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

So if he told the club he’d take the job as long as he got to go home for Christmas, we should have walked away? Is that what you’re saying?

I think they should have pointed out how unacceptable that was.

If he said that he should be nowhere near the club , infacr if he said that I'd give him to March before he walks 

No, it doesn’t particularly help us but if it was a toss up between letting him go home from Christmas or him not taking the job then I’m fine with him going home.

Nobody knows the ins and outs but I’d be very very surprised if this wasn’t a condition to him agreeing to take the job. 

You've lost it man. It's not in any way normal btw. It's only seen as normal at hearts because the club is a shambles.

I think they should have pointed out how unacceptable that was.

But then, if it was me, I’d have pointed out that the club had approached me and I didn’t apply for the job. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

But then, if it was me, I’d have pointed out that the club had approached me and I didn’t apply for the job. 

Not a great attitude, is it

6 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Why do you write your sentences like your trying to create a poem?

It’s just a bit weird.

I dont know.

Is it really weird though?

You are not the first to say this though.

Not a great attitude, is it

My bairn comes before anything, if I’d have promised him a Christmas at home then I’d be making sure that happens. 

Why the **** would a professional football manager think it was okay to **** off back to another country the day before a derby match?  If he doesn’t or wouldn’t see the importance of that in the context of the season then maybe he wasn’t the right person for us.  

“Aye, Daniel, we cant get your assistants in mate and your left with the shite that got us in this mess and the clown who you’ve replaced as manager is still hanging about the gaff and the temp clown will be in charge of recruitment, even though we know the majority of past recruitment has been absolutely shite” 

No bother Ann, can I take Xmas off and **** off for a week before the derby? 

My bairn comes before anything, if I’d have promised him a Christmas at home then I’d be making sure that happens. 

How old is his children? 

Honestly!

There are more clocks on here than in Switzerland.

The credence capacity is about as riddled full of holes as our defence.

I give up man. You’re all right, Daniels a big massive ***** for wanting to spend Christmas with his family and should have cancelled it the minute he got a phone call from Hearts to say they wanted him. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

How old is his children? 

I don’t know exactly but I’m sure I read they were school age during the build up to him actually signing. So for Germany, anywhere between 6-15. 

39 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hope he has a nice time. Nothing  more important than family.

F-you Barack, it’s a disgrace! 

FF5FF41F-ED96-43CB-A0C1-0DFF2D197602.jpeg

4 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

I give up man. You’re all right, Daniels a big massive ***** for wanting to spend Christmas with his family and should have cancelled it the minute he got a phone call from Hearts to say they wanted him. 

You got there in the end.

I don’t know exactly but I’m sure I read they were school age during the build up to him actually signing. So for Germany, anywhere between 6-15. 

As he’s been a professional footballer before manager then there’s a fair chance he’s been away at Christmas the majority of the time, including last year when he was at Barnsley and they had a match on Boxing Day. 

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Germans are more inclined to celebrate Xmas Eve so he’ll probably fly back on Xmas Day.

Thats a relief then. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

As he’s been a professional footballer before manager then there’s a fair chance he’s been away at Christmas the majority of the time, including last year when he was at Barnsley and they had a match on Boxing Day. 

Well that’s kinda point. He could’ve promised his bairn a Christmas at home for once because he didn’t have a job and then Hearts come calling and he didn’t want to let them down after being away so often.

I can completely get behind that and I don’t see any other reason why the club would agree. 

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Germans are more inclined to celebrate Xmas Eve so he’ll probably fly back on Xmas Day.

They do. Most of Europe celebrate the 24th. 

Well that’s kinda point. He could’ve promised his bairn a Christmas at home for once because he didn’t have a job and then Hearts come calling and he didn’t want to let them down after being away so often.

I can completely get behind that and I don’t see any other reason why the club would agree. 

What about inviting the whole family over as guests of the club for Christmas and Boxing Day as a wonderful token of goodwill in the capital of Scotland instead of letting our new head coach **** off for a week, a week after taking the job right before probably the only Edinburgh derby we will have at home this season? 

If this is true, I don't understand why folk on here are okay with this. 

We've just gone bottom of the league and it's acceptable for our manager to go on holiday (allegedly) for a few days. 

Surely we haven't allowed this

Edited by Ari Gold

What about inviting the whole family over as guests of the club for Christmas and Boxing Day as a wonderful token of goodwill in the capital of Scotland instead of letting our new head coach **** off for a week, a week after taking the job right before probably the only Edinburgh derby we will have at home this season? 

Who’s to say they didn’t try that and his wife told him to **** off cause he’d promised he’d be home?

All I’m saying is, folk are getting all pissy without actually knowing the full circumstances around things.

Who’s to say they didn’t try that and his wife told him to **** off cause he’d promised he’d be home?

All I’m saying is, folk are getting all pissy without actually knowing the full circumstances around things.

That’s just out the Craig Levein is just looking after some youth shite while acting like a tour guide excuse handbook.  

I refuse to believe he’s ****ed off until after Christmas when we are bottom of the table regardless.  It’s too far fetched.  

The Real Maroonblood

That’s just out the Craig Levein is just looking after some youth shite while acting like a tour guide excuse handbook.  

I refuse to believe he’s ****ed off until after Christmas when we are bottom of the table regardless.  It’s too far fetched.  

More than likely it’s a wind up.

24 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

If it’s true

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

Devastated by this news. 

I assume it's something Beelzubub Lhevein concocted from the bootroom.

Hi Craigy, hold the table upside down next time you bump into Ann.