Washington

vegas-voss

58 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Apart from Keena and Henderson, have we got any other young strikers coming through?

Couple of very promising ones but too young at 16/17. 

55 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Just curious why you would think someone would be out for months after getting a ball in the face ?

It was two weeks with concussion in July!!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Hopefully yeah 👍

Unless he can squeeze in the Derby before then. 😉

If we lose next two the pressure on Stendel to play Washington and Naismith and maybe Haring on Boxing Day will be enormous 

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This.  Was sick of Levein constantly getting it wrong.  If they’re not ready, I don’t want to know until they are as we’ll get our hopes up.

Levein had him on the bloody bench with a hamstring niggle (defo) and brought him on. End result was he knackered it completely. 
another blinder from the imposter

Edited by 1971fozzy

7 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

I've stated this in several posts previously, Stendel need to sign a keeper, ball playing centre mid, and a poacher. Naismith, Washington and a poacher is the correct recipe, Naismith and Washington pressing and a poacher to snap up any chances. Not a popular choice but I'd be making enquiries about Cummings, he's exactly what Hearts need right now, someone who scores all sorts of goals. That's if his head is right...maybe a big if.

Also, you need a decent defensive mid, I think Whelan could be that if he is told to just sit and protect if wing-backs go, be good to find out, but Hearts really really need a centre mid that can control the ball and pick a forward pass.

It's going to be a bumpy ride, that's for sure.

That’s what Whelan has done at all his other clubs and RoI.  Why we think he is a playmaker is beyond me 

2 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Just curious why you would think someone would be out for months after getting a ball in the face ?

Because the papers afterwards were saying he could miss the first few games of the season as it done some damage to his eye or something. 

It was an exaggeration, which I apologised for it was silly.

By big lump I meant solid. He looked solid to me, but yes I agree in terms of movement he looks to offer more than others that we have.

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Levein had him on the bloody bench with a hamstring niggle (defo) and brought him on. End result was he knackered it completely. 
another blinder from the imposter

For goodness sake give it a rest.

Any manager would be taking into account the club's medics' advice before putting players anywhere.  If they acted against medical advice that would leave the club open to all sorts of compensation/legal action.  I'm sure the player himself would have some input as to whether he was fit enough or not.

4 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

He hit a shot right at a defender, the ball bounced back and hit him in the face which kept him out for months. Not sure about his hamstring but would make sense as we seem to love signing players with gammy hammys.

We didn't sign a player with a gammy hammy, he'd never had an injury in his career.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 hours ago, sadj said:

Get back on that bloody fence.... You going down Wednesday?

Nah. Busy week,  BT for me. Long trek that would probably have me certified. 2 more games in quick succession been a busy and thus far bitter December .

Fully removed from the fence at 450 Saturday :lol:

Bit calmer today 

Edited by Sir Gio

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Nah. Busy week,  BT for me. Long trek that would probably have me certified. 2 more games in quick succession been a busy and thus far bitter December .

Fully removed from the fence at 450 Saturday :lol:

Bit calmer today 

Just take some golf clubs in to work , go into the parking lot and pelt balls at Cormack Park til you take out a few Aberdeen players that’ll make you feel better. 

Busy week? In O&G at Christmas? 🧐 You mean too many piss ups - sorry meetings 😉 Tbf I’m sure Cornhill do a lovely Xmas lunch.

14 hours ago, flem said:

Why the hype with this guy, his first touch was a tackle almost every time yesterday. 

Keena was very, very disappointing on Saturday.

13 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

If we lose next two the pressure on Stendel to play Washington and Naismith and maybe Haring on Boxing Day will be enormous 

Yip and dangerous if they are not ready. 

Last thing we need is them getting injured again. 😏

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 hours ago, sadj said:

Just take some golf clubs in to work , go into the parking lot and pelt balls at Cormack Park til you take out a few Aberdeen players that’ll make you feel better. 

Busy week? In O&G at Christmas? 🧐 You mean too many piss ups - sorry meetings 😉 Tbf I’m sure Cornhill do a lovely Xmas lunch.

Non project,  tough at the top you know  :)

6 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Keena was very, very disappointing on Saturday.

I’ve seen keena a few times now and I’d be amazed if he had any real impact in the first team. 

19 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Correct ,,,👏👏🇶🇦

19 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Haring is out for the season.

20 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

I just checked and I was wrong about him being out for months with it so apologies. It happened in a pre season cup game the daft LC groups I think.

Pretty sure you described White's injury as Washington's

What’s going on with Garuccio btw? Thought he was due back around now? Just saw him walking out the scotmid on Henderson row with his messages and was walking fine (sarcasm)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
45 minutes ago, sadj said:

The hassles of being big in oil huh 😂

So big, been using the Aberdeen and shire bus services today. Somebody had pissed themselves on the way home for sure

:(

16 hours ago, JamboAl said:

For goodness sake give it a rest.

Any manager would be taking into account the club's medics' advice before putting players anywhere.  If they acted against medical advice that would leave the club open to all sorts of compensation/legal action.  I'm sure the player himself would have some input as to whether he was fit enough or not.

He had his thigh bound up so there’s no way he was 100% fit. Taking a risk with that type of injury is madness. I say sod the medical advice their coats should be on a shoogly peg.

22 hours ago, leginten said:

He was one of the few positives this season before his injury. Mobile, intelligent and skilful. We need him back. Doesn’t score, but we don’t do forwards who score.

Funny how time clouds earlier  recollections. I seem to remember thinking he just ran around a lot but never looked like scoring. 

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

What’s going on with Garuccio btw? Thought he was due back around now? Just saw him walking out the scotmid on Henderson row with his messages and was walking fine (sarcasm)

Saw him up oriam at least 6 weeks ago .him naismith  haring were all running and I asked him when they were all back he said hopefully next few weeks. Miles of that info was 😂😂

Dusk_Till_Dawn
23 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Any idea how long until he will feature again.I think his workrate and movement up front will be a big boost.Not the greatest of finishers but miles better than what we have.

Something about McPhee knowing Irish players and give him a new job etc.

On 15/12/2019 at 19:45, TypoonJambo said:

Washington and Naismith up front against Hamilton, Gorgiepress arrives..........maybe🤔

There's definitely a player there let's hope he returns from injury soon.