Washington

vegas-voss

Any idea how long until he will feature again.I think his workrate and movement up front will be a big boost.Not the greatest of finishers but miles better than what we have.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Any idea how long until he will feature again.I think his workrate and movement up front will be a big boost.Not the greatest of finishers but miles better than what we have.

When's to Euro play offs again ? 

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Agree - movement, pace and will create space.

Hasnt shown himself to be a goalscorer yet though....

I don't think he will be prolific but he would add so much to the team

He’s been running for about a couple weeks so can’t be far away, assuming there’s been no setbacks. 

Agree badly needed, actually looks like a football player, but doubts over how many goals he’ll actually score. He will create room and chances for others though. Hope he regains the form he had at Peterborough 

7 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Be good if the club could update all injuries to be fair 

I could not agree more.  

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Fed up clutching at who might come back to be honest. Been playing that game for 14 rotten months 

This.  Was sick of Levein constantly getting it wrong.  If they’re not ready, I don’t want to know until they are as we’ll get our hopes up.

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

If he's fit then I hope they don't play him against Celtic. That game's lost anyway and he'll be needed against Hamilton.

Washington and Naismith up front against Hamilton, Gorgiepress arrives..........maybe🤔

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Washington and Naismith up front against Hamilton, Gorgiepress arrives..........maybe🤔

More likely the Derby , plastic pitch and all that 

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Good point. Agreed. 

19 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Be good if the club could update all injuries to be fair 

Club dont bother,,, did you see daniels intro??? 10seconds and into the dug oot ????

He was one of the few positives this season before his injury. Mobile, intelligent and skilful. We need him back. Doesn’t score, but we don’t do forwards who score.

1 minute ago, leginten said:

He was one of the few positives this season before his injury. Mobile, intelligent and skilful. We need him back. Doesn’t score, but we don’t do forwards who score.

Imagine a goalscorer playing with him though

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Imagine a goalscorer playing with him though

Would be great to have goals from anywhere on the pitch at the moment. But Washington paired with somebody equally energetic and mobile who could put the ball in the net ... yes please.

32 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Back in the gym and running on his own at the moment. 

His injury worries me. A big lump of a guy who has spent months injured by a football that hit him in the face, caused by his woeful attempt to put it in the net. Not sure he has the temperement to succeed personally.

Surely there's potential in Keena?

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

His injury worries me. A big lump of a guy who has spent months injured by a football that hit him in the face, caused by his woeful attempt to put it in the net. Not sure he has the temperement to succeed personally.

I thought he did his hamstring attempting to stop the ball crossing the bye-line at the Gorgie end?

2 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

That's not why he's out though. Hamstring. 

1 minute ago, leginten said:

I thought he did his hamstring attempting to stop the ball crossing the bye-line at the Gorgie end?

He hit a shot right at a defender, the ball bounced back and hit him in the face which kept him out for months. Not sure about his hamstring but would make sense as we seem to love signing players with gammy hammys.

kingantti1874

No idea who  you are talking about but it’s not Conor Washington 😂 keena was beyond hopeless yesterday, touch like a donkey and  slow as a week in the jail

Watched Keena in the warm up and his finishing was incredible right and left foot , just doesn't seem to have the quality needed during the game atm 

3 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Why the hype with this guy, his first touch was a tackle almost every time yesterday. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

No idea who  you are talking about but it’s not Conor Washington 😂 keena was beyond hopeless yesterday, touch like a donkey and  slow as a week in the jail

Definitely was, i was at the game it happened right in front of the gorgie end where I was sat. 

Worrying you dont remember it.

8 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Not sure about Keena at all does he even impress in the young team apart from scoring pens ?

Moore seems the more lively whenever a read reports on here of the youth games.

Edited by vegas-voss

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Not sure about Keena at all does he even impress in the young team apart from scoring pens ?

Moore seems the more lively whenever a read reports on here of the youth games.

Well even if not Keena, there has to be a young striker at the club who would offer more than MacLean etc. 

The guy on the results show yesterday said we didn't create one clear cut opportunity the whole game. 

30 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Plastic pitch will probably do less damage than our BMX track at the moment.

8 minutes ago, leginten said:

Yep

Totally unnecessary too

Defeat versus Motherwell 

Well even if not Keena, there has to be a young striker at the club who would offer more than MacLean etc. 

The guy on the results show yesterday said we didn't create one clear cut opportunity the whole game. 

The guy on the radio was wrong .

Sorry results show

Edited by jake

45 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Fed up clutching at who might come back to be honest. Been playing that game for 14 rotten months 

Now that Levein is away we might now get honest updates, rather than "just a few weeks"  bla, bla, bla, .....

12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Watched Keena in the warm up and his finishing was incredible right and left foot , just doesn't seem to have the quality needed during the game atm 

In fairness to Keena, we create absolutely zero. Hard to judge a finisher when he gets nothing to finish. 

GorgieRules22
4 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

In fairness to Keena, we create absolutely zero. Hard to judge a finisher when he gets nothing to finish. 

His work rate was horrendous for a laddie trying to prove himself.

18 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Definitely was, i was at the game it happened right in front of the gorgie end where I was sat. 

Sorry I must have missed that also but remember him pulling up abruptly holding his hamstring

1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Sorry I must have missed that also but remember him pulling up abruptly holding his hamstring

I just checked and I was wrong about him being out for months with it so apologies. It happened in a pre season cup game the daft LC groups I think.

5 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

He was mostly playing in midfield on Saturday and struggled to make an impact but he sure as hell wasn't the worst.

I would like to see him right at the top of the attack, getting into good positions.  His first touch let him down on occasions but if he had someone beside him who could play him in it would help. Also he was the only one who would sprint 40 yards to put the goalie under pressure. He needs to be persevered with.

Speed, and direct running at the opposition defenders. We need Mulraney and Washington on that pitch at the same time, and the sooner it happens, the better imo.

kingantti1874
29 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

he pulled his hammy trying to stop the ball going out of play, you also described him as a big lump, he’s 5’10 or 5’11 if he’s lucky, pacy, likes to run the channels - not sure he’s a natural goal scorer.. 

12 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

I just checked and I was wrong about him being out for months with it so apologies. It happened in a pre season cup game the daft LC groups I think.

Just curious why you would think someone would be out for months after getting a ball in the face ?

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

So probably January ?

Hopefully yeah 👍

Unless he can squeeze in the Derby before then. 😉

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Just to clear this up...

Washington pulled his hamstring while stretching to pluck a long ball out of the air in the box at the Gorgie Road end. 

Anything else is incorrect because this is 100% what happened.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Get back on that bloody fence.... You going down Wednesday?

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I've stated this in several posts previously, Stendel need to sign a keeper, ball playing centre mid, and a poacher. Naismith, Washington and a poacher is the correct recipe, Naismith and Washington pressing and a poacher to snap up any chances. Not a popular choice but I'd be making enquiries about Cummings, he's exactly what Hearts need right now, someone who scores all sorts of goals. That's if his head is right...maybe a big if.

Also, you need a decent defensive mid, I think Whelan could be that if he is told to just sit and protect if wing-backs go, be good to find out, but Hearts really really need a centre mid that can control the ball and pick a forward pass.

It's going to be a bumpy ride, that's for sure.

4 minutes ago, Zaba said:

Just to clear this up...

Washington pulled his hamstring while stretching to pluck a long ball out of the air in the box at the Gorgie Road end. 

Anything else is incorrect because this is 100% what happened.

This.  I sit in the Gorgie and it happened right in front of me.  I may have even called him a stupid ******* at the time because he was never going to reach it.