*** Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone Official Match Thread ***

rmreido

Hoping Hearts can get off to a flyer Saturday, with Daniel Stendal at the helm, I no that it's gonna take time for him to get the team playing well, consistently, hopefully this bunch of players, can get their fingers out, and show the support a bit of fight and passion, long overdue.

Let's start climbing this table. 

Winning start for Stendal??????

2-0 Hearts

HHGH 

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• sadj

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Craig Wighton to play in this new revolution. 

This might annoy a few.

I will be childishly all petted lip if MacLean plays tbf.

Wighton, happy to get clean slate along with rest of squad.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

This might annoy a few.

Do you think he suits the new style or heard he’s been good in training, some other reason?

highlandjambo3
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Heart of Midlothian 4-2 St Johnstone

Berra, Ikpeazu 2 and Smith (pen)

Which side is Berra scoring for 😁

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

Which side is Berra scoring for 😁

Badoom tish!

He might score at both ends.

My worry is Stendel has to train the coaches as well as the players about his methods.

He really needs at least one of his own coaches in sooner rather than later.

Saying that, 2-1 Hearts

I think we are all delighted with the appointment of Stendel and from hearing reports on training and words from the players it seems we have the right man. But let’s make sure we play our part on Saturday as well! 

VagabondJambo
Just now, karipidis said:

I think we are all delighted with the appointment of Stendel and from hearing reports on training and words from the players it seems we have the right man. But let’s make sure we play our part on Saturday as well! 

I agree!

”Our part on Saturday” starts when we accept the team selection, and not moan about “why him?”, “why not him?”!!

This is a new start all round.

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

For the 1st time in a very very long time I am buzzing for a game.

Me too. 

If we win, though, I hope I can remember how to react. Do you smile, cheer, applaud, streak naked on the pitch...? 

25 minutes ago, Barack said:

Just think he'll be given his chance. 

He's had injuries, personal issues, you name it. Then trying to play under a manager who's stifled a lot of the creativity of a number of players. For me, he starts at Day 1 again. As do they all I suppose. They're playing for their futures, and will all get a shot to impress before January.

I happen to think  he'll get a chance this weekend, on nothing more than an educated hunch. Plenty of games to come, & Stendel plays various formations to go at the opposition. Can't see him being a first team fixture, but enough to be kept around quite feasibly. 

Clare, Morrison, Wighton, Walker...we could see different players. 

Aye, definitely a fresh start. I fully expect a few surprises in who will flourish under DS.

Just now, Zlatanable said:

definitely streak

Cheers, bud.

Thank goodness you stepped up and put me right. Hate to make a fool of myself by just applauding...

number witheld
37 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Heart of Midlothian 4-2 St Johnstone

Berra, Ikpeazu 2 and Smith (pen)

Excellent. If you could let me know the half time score too I can really sock it to the bookies #candyfromababy 

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Excellent. If you could let me know the half time score too I can really sock it to the bookies #candyfromababy 

3-1

You're welcome

It’s interesting. Does Stendel come in and immediately drop the poorer performers to give others a chance, Berra, Bozanic, MacLean etc.? 

These guys won’t last long with his style either way. 

Looking forward to the new era and new style.

46 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

For the 1st time in a very very long time I am buzzing for a game.

It's a feel good thing this  already '   I hope it's a performance and a day to remember,,  were long overdue it ,,, "the new era has arrived"  whatever it brings !!! Onwards and upwards "👏👏👏🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦♥️🎅🎄🎄

52 minutes ago, Taffin said:

2-2 with a big improvement in attacking intent but defensive frailties and lack of quality to hamper us.

In time with the current squad I’d like to think the strategy to work harder and press higher will suit us more. 

We struggle to break teams down, so snapping up loose balls in the opposition half or hitting on the counter may just suit us.  It’ll take time to adapt and it’s very much a period of transition. 

Maybe when he starts to get his own look about the squad we’ll be a more all round side.  

3-0 Hearts, the lift from Stendel along with St Johnston toiling. 

GK - Periera

RB - Smith

CB - Halkett 

CB - Berra

LB - Brandon

CDM - Whelan

CDM - Irving

RW - Clare

CAM - Walker

LW - Meshino 

ST - Uche 

Goals - Meshino, Irving & Keena off the bench 

Captain Canada

It will be interesting to see his team selection. I'm sure there will be one or two surprises.

I think we'll win 2-0. Clare and Uche. 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

2-2 with a big improvement in attacking intent but defensive frailties and lack of quality to hamper us.

That would be a disaster. Levein had a very good (home) record against St Johnstone. He also had a very good record against Hibs and (home) record against Aberdeen. Stendel has to get a lot of points between now and 2020. On a positive note, stendel won 4-0 in his first home game at Barnsley. At Johnstone recently lost 4-0 to Motherwell. I’ll go 4-0 Hearts on Saturday...

It is possible we will concede the first goal.  Should that happen it will be critical that the team reacts in a very positive manner.  Something that AB acknowledges they have been distinctly unable to do.

3 hours ago, Barack said:

This might annoy a few.

Wouldn’t surprise me. Don’t think we will see much more of Uche. Naismith, Meschino, Washington and Wighton all more suited to his style. 

Edited by soonbe110

1 hour ago, Mort said:

It’s interesting. Does Stendel come in and immediately drop the poorer performers to give others a chance, Berra, Bozanic, MacLean etc.? 

These guys won’t last long with his style either way. 

Looking forward to the new era and new style.

He has watched the last three games so he will have made his mind up about a good few. 

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He has watched the last three games so he will have made his mind up about a good few. 

Good. The more dramatic the change at this stage, the better. 

It’s a good chance to get a bit of form for Uche, I suspect he will have a big role to play. Thinking back to how good he was at the start of last season, home to Celtic is the one that stands out, didn’t give them a minutes peace. 

Psychedelicropcircle

5-0 hearts & the Scottish MSM jizzing everywhere about Sean Clare’s cantesques  performance in the new hearts gengepress style!

check out my other website www.dreamonyacunt.com 

😇

3 hours ago, Barack said:

This might annoy a few.

A few thousand 😉

44 minutes ago, Mort said:

Good. The more dramatic the change at this stage, the better. 

It’s a good chance to get a bit of form for Uche, I suspect he will have a big role to play. Thinking back to how good he was at the start of last season, home to Celtic is the one that stands out, didn’t give them a minutes peace. 

Uche won’t be playing much under Stendel ....

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

It is possible we will concede the first goal.  Should that happen it will be critical that the team reacts in a very positive manner.  Something that AB acknowledges they have been distinctly unable to do.

We’ve come from behind to win against Hibs and Aberdeen this season ...

27 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We’ve come from behind to win against Hibs and Aberdeen this season ...

I know that but generally speaking AB said we had become timid and not many on here would argue.

Just read a bit from Sean Clare.  Sounds like he can't wait to get going.  Talk can be cheap but let's just see.

31 minutes ago, His name is said:

Will mcphee be in the dug out? 

Yes but only cause Hearts took offence to Spiers comments and will be wearing a suit to balance out our new managers scruffiness.

WGfeature-770x433.jpg

Actually looking forward to the game , first time in a long time . 3-1 Hearts 

Edited by 3fingersreid

4 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Heard that he’s surplus to requirements.

Come on...

I stick my money on that being nonsense for the time being.