New Retro Tops on Sale but ....

dannymack

On 20/09/2022 at 13:43, Shooter McGavin said:

The latest instalment, don’t know if it’s just me, but that collar looks massive?

1FD87315-E67E-4363-9E40-800993DA1355.jpeg

When the original came out the neck sizing was slightly larger than usual I thought, nevertheless a fantastic design. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannymack

• Салатные палочки

• Maroon Sailor

• Batistuta87

On 12/10/2022 at 22:21, kingantti1874 said:

a thing of beauty that possibly the greatest away kit of all time 

I had that one at the time in 87 but mine never had Mita on it. Am i right in thinking they weren't allowed to sell official tops with sponsors on them then ? Memory is a bit foggy now

• 2 weeks later...
Nelly Terraces
28 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Anyone know if this bad boy, and the other retro shirts, are available in the club shop? Think I'll take a wee visit down there this week to try them on for size if they are (honestly 99.9% of clothing I buy via the internet never fits, something to do with being 6.2", a lanky sod who likes his clothes very fitted).

Cheers! FTH. 

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Anyone know if this bad boy, and the other retro shirts, are available in the club shop? Think I'll take a wee visit down there this week to try them on for size if they are (honestly 99.9% of clothing I buy via the internet never fits, something to do with being 6.2", a lanky sod who likes his clothes very fitted).

Cheers! FTH. 

I'm sure they had stock of the 86/87 away (which I bought in preparation for the cup final in May 😁), 94/95 away and 95/96 away yesterday.

The latest one isn't due until December though.

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

I bought a replica of this from a shop from a hearts support on twitter, who has disappeared. My large was like a small under armour top. The fact that it fitted my wife was ridiculous. 

if anyone wants a large that’s really a size small they can buy it from me 

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

I'm sure they had stock of the 86/87 away (which I bought in preparation for the cup final in May 😁), 94/95 away and 95/96 away yesterday.

The latest one isn't due until December though.

Nice one mate, thanks, I'm interested in either of the 'Mita Copiers' tops, home or away, not fussed, so will head off to the shop tomorrow. 👍

On 25/10/2022 at 20:53, crunchy frog said:

I had that one at the time in 87 but mine never had Mita on it. Am i right in thinking they weren't allowed to sell official tops with sponsors on them then ? Memory is a bit foggy now

I had home and away, neither had Mita on them.

For some reason my home had an embroidered bukta logo, I never saw anyone else's that had that.

Shooter McGavin

Anybody know if these replica kits the club are releasing are true to size/bit smaller/bit larger?

I see they’ve re-listed 94/95 & 95/96 away tops and I may pull the trigger on one…

Any idea on if the badge is heat printed or embroidered on those two as well? 

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Cheers! FTH. 

they are . Was in yesterday. 

Nelly Terraces
22 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

they are . Was in yesterday. 

Forgot to say thanks for that pal. I’m heading in there tomorrow. 👍

• 1 month later...

Got a phonecall from clubstore today that my Yellow top is ready for collection. Will be picking it up before Killie game and rocking it in the Roseburn lower J.

Not everyones favourite but I remember standing on the wall at the Haymarket clock in '98 wearing it when I was 9 years old so thought I'd get it.

• 3 months later...

A shite top from an awful season.

Nice to see they are still doing these tops though...was beginning to think they'd given up on the idea!

Samuel Camazzola

That's awful. 😄

These repros have been poor. Would have been better to have Umbro reproduce their icon kits. 

Wasn't that the year we went the whole winter without winning a game? Hard times, especially so soon after winning the cup. 

Unknown user
Just now, Craig_ said:

Wasn't that the year we went the whole winter without winning a game? Hard times, especially so soon after winning the cup. 

We were brutal, I mind re-signing Adam in the wake of the cup win after rangers had been interested, and thinking we were moving up.

Shite season, shite top

This could have been an amazing thing but Hearts have ****ed it with cheap shit manufacturers. I'm sure there are factories out there that could have knocked up exact copies of the originals for £15 quid and folk would have been falling over themselves to buy them. 

You'd be ashamed to see that top at a market stall in Ankara. 

6 hours ago, The Gorgie said:

My first Hearts top. It will be up the loft at my mums. 

It's probably one of your mum's dusters by now.

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I loved this top, I just don't like them re-produced like this, would prefer to get my hands on an original if possible with kit manufacturer and sponsor. We wore this one in Munich but gives me nostalgia of a great european season. 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, Shakey51 said:

Lovely kit but looks like they're making the collar quite large again (as with the 80s Mita top). Not sure why they do that.

That's nice, I might have one of those. Got a stripe missing from the collar though; the original has 3 maroon stripes. 

Edited by Batistuta87

been here before
57 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

That's nice, I might have one of those. Got a stripe missing from the collar though; the original has 3 maroon stripes. 

s-l300.jpg.05d24be24cf325baaa46f65f4f73e8fc.jpg

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.e6262fad8d92b1b74a912f2dbd6f32a8.jpg

s-l500.jpg.64c1ce5fd639695f4398a6954c7cc9d6.jpg

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

s-l300.jpg.05d24be24cf325baaa46f65f4f73e8fc.jpg

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.e6262fad8d92b1b74a912f2dbd6f32a8.jpg

s-l500.jpg.64c1ce5fd639695f4398a6954c7cc9d6.jpg

My mistake, they're just smaller on the original. Makes it look very different but still a lovely t-shirt to whack on for going to the games. 

• 3 weeks later...

I received the 98/99 home top in the post today, Classic Kit 10 out of 12. Looks pretty nice

I've got an original of the 98/99 top that I wear to games quite often. I strangely love it. :lol: get quite nostalgic about it.

44 minutes ago, Locky said:

I've got an original of the 98/99 top that I wear to games quite often. I strangely love it. :lol: get quite nostalgic about it.

This is the Classic Kit I got. Luckily I cant remember the details on the original, but you'll be able to spot all the flaws.  :laugh:

image.thumb.png.718cea5e90b5418a90e18a4a72a58306.png

Carl Weathers

The sleeves and the strongbow don't look right somehow. I got the inter Milan top and it's the same issue. 

As someone else prrviously said, it's a great idea but poorly executed.

3 hours ago, Nobreath said:

This is the Classic Kit I got. Luckily I cant remember the details on the original, but you'll be able to spot all the flaws.  :laugh:

It's fairly spot on I'd say, minus the badge. That badge reminds me of the ones you used to get on kits c. 2008-09. I believe the 98-99 was the first shirt with the 'new' badge on it, so it is correct, but that's not quite how it was. Also the collar looks a little too big and open.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Nobreath said:

I think the original was darker but still looks good.

3 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

As someone else prrviously said, it's a great idea but poorly executed.

Yes, it's a shame that they couldn't be more like the originals, but I suppose they are as good as I expected given some of the previous copies I've seen.  At least it's money to the HMFC coffers, not some random company selling copies.

8 hours ago, Locky said:

Ye I've still got the original too and actually think it's one of our better tops down the years. It's quite different to any other home top we've had. Unfortunately that season was definitely not one to remember though!

12 hours ago, stirlo said:

Ye I've still got the original too and actually think it's one of our better tops down the years. It's quite different to any other home top we've had. Unfortunately that season was definitely not one to remember though!

98/99 was I think the first season when I collected the panini stickers, so it's always just stuck in my mind for that reason.

36 minutes ago, Locky said:

98/99 was I think the first season when I collected the panini stickers, so it's always just stuck in my mind for that reason.

The thing is, we started that season with a 2-1 victory at home to Rangers in Dick Advocaat's first game in charge after they had spent a ton of cash in pre-season, so it all looked so promising. But unfortunately it was pretty much downhill from there.

• 3 weeks later...
August Landmesser

Just got the 88-89 version in the post, the collar is huge and wrong. Are they like that on all the retro tops? Seems pretty shonky...

doctor jambo
On 02/06/2023 at 20:29, August Landmesser said:

Just got the 88-89 version in the post, the collar is huge and wrong. Are they like that on all the retro tops? Seems pretty shonky...

I had the original and loved it.

thisnone is a totally different material , but I bought it anyway for nostalgia , and I like it !