New Retro Tops on Sale but ....

dannymack

Baldwigforjack
11 minutes ago, His name is said:

I always remember the sleeves being really long on that strip.

Slightly off topic, for some strange reason I remember wearing this to a primary school one year. PHM!

You're right . I remember the sleeves on mine back in the day going past the elbow.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannymack

• Салатные палочки

• Maroon Sailor

• Batistuta87

On 10/11/2021 at 17:18, Chris#9 said:

Cant find a pic but the 87/88 home and away with mita copiers as sponsors. In fact just any kit by bukta would be purchased 

IMG_20191112_142236.jpg

gettyimages-79648719-612x612.jpg

Hope this question is okay mods, I am thinking of selling my Argentina style away top from 2014/15 season (no FOH sponsor) and have no idea what sort of price to ask so does anyone have any advice on a fair price? 

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

Hope this question is okay mods, I am thinking of selling my Argentina style away top from 2014/15 season (no FOH sponsor) and have no idea what sort of price to ask so does anyone have any advice on a fair price? 

How much you paying for estimates?

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

The lack of the FOH sponsor brings the value of these down somewhat (because the sponsored version is far more popular). Probably looking at around the £30-£40 mark.

7 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

The lack of the FOH sponsor brings the value of these down somewhat (because the sponsored version is far more popular). Probably looking at around the £30-£40 mark.

Thanks bud! 

Carl Weathers

I ordered an ASICS badge for the away kit from ebay. It's the correct font and size but iron on as opposed to an embroidered badge on the original.  So might look naff.

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

I ordered an ASICS badge for the away kit from ebay. It's the correct font and size but iron on as opposed to an embroidered badge on the original.  So might look naff.

It will

Scrub round that idea

The Hogfather

What really sways me away from these remakes is the fact the club crest is never correct. I've managed to add to my collection since the start of Covid and I'd honestly rather pay more for the original than for a reissue.

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

I'm off the opposite opinion that it would go for more as it looks classier without the logo on the front. 

The Hogfather
5 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I'm off the opposite opinion that it would go for more as it looks classier without the logo on the front. 

The demand online is definitely more for the FOH sponsor than without. 

Stewie Griffin
On 08/11/2021 at 08:29, Forever Hearts said:

Thanks 👍.

After reading the excellent reviews on Trustpilot I've now purchased the top. 🇱🇻 

I’ve just ordered the 85/86 home top from there in XL I’m normally a large but have went a size up so hoping it’s ok.

Reading back through this thread and noticing a lot of negativity shown towards the away kit of 1983 to 1986 simply because of that week in May 86 but would the same kickback posters that dislike that away kit show the same disgust towards this kit ? 

20180531_110233.jpg

FB_IMG_1517685895181.jpg

Hearts.jpg

8 minutes ago, Jamie86 said:

Any idea what the quality and fit of these are? 

The material is good quality - its thicker and less stretchy than a regular football top but I've worn mine a few times and no adverse effects from washing. Would recommend going a size up as they are quite slim fitting. 

J.T.F.Robertson

Had a wander around the store yesterday. When did a washed out looking red replace maroon?

rudi must stay

As usual with Hearts the right time was when we released the away top. And with the 1986 stuff the right time was never 

Edited by rudi must stay

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

The material is good quality - its thicker and less stretchy than a regular football top but I've worn mine a few times and no adverse effects from washing. Would recommend going a size up as they are quite slim fitting. 

Because they're Chinese knock offs, you size up because the sizes are for the Asian market.

5 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Because they're Chinese knock offs, you size up because the sizes are for the Asian market.

They're made in India. The guy designs templates - very carefully I must say, and with fantastic attention to detail - that he has made over there.

Edited by Batistuta87

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

They're made in India. The guy designs templates - very carefully I must say, and with fantastic attention to detail - that he has made over there.

That doesn't really change the fact they're cheap knock offs. And, again, the Asian size market is one size smaller than the European/American markets, so that's why you need to size up.

EDIT: It might also just be me here, but advertising a fake alternative to something the club are actively selling themselves doesn't sit right with me. 

Edited by Nunya Business

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

That doesn't really change the fact they're cheap knock offs. And, again, the Asian size market is one size smaller than the European/American markets, so that's why you need to size up.

Does it really matter?? 

The Hogfather
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Does it really matter?? 

I'm sure Hearts themselves would be a bit annoyed at copyright infringement and people selling copies of something they're putting on sale themselves.

4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I'm sure Hearts themselves would be a bit annoyed at copyright infringement and people selling copies of something they're putting on sale themselves.

There's no copyright on a shirt design, and the club made it publicly well known that the old badge wasn't copyrighted so I don't see what grounds they'd have.

9 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Aye I'm sure they're bothered about a guy sitting in his living room in Glasgow, making and selling a dozen or so replica Hearts strips. Also Hearts dont have any rights over the design - a black and blue striped t-shirt isn't copyrighted. I don't think the Hearts badge is copyrighted either - many aren't - which is why entire companies like Score Draw and so on can be set up for the purpose of reproducing football strips without the clubs permission.

Wind yer neck in man. Live and let live.

Edited by Batistuta87

The Hogfather
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

There's no copyright on a shirt design, and the club made it publicly well known that the old badge wasn't copyrighted so I don't see what grounds they'd have.

I'm fairly sure they had someones Twitter taken page down recently for something very similar to this. 

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye I'm sure they're bothered about a guy sitting in his living room in Glasgow, making and selling a dozen or so replica Hearts strips. Also Hearts dont have any rights over the design - a black and blue striped t-shirt isn't copyrighted. I don't think the Hearts badge is copyrighted either - many aren't - which is why entire companies like Score Draw and so on can be set up for the purpose of reproducing football strips without the clubs permission.

Wind yer neck in man. Live and let live.

Do what you want mate, but don't expect everyone to suck you off because you're selling counterfeit Hearts shirts, at a time when Hearts themselves are having those same shirts reproduced. 

7 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I'm fairly sure they had someones Twitter taken page down recently for something very similar to this. 

Do what you want mate, but don't expect everyone to suck you off because you're selling counterfeit Hearts shirts, at a time when Hearts themselves are having those same shirts reproduced. 

Jesus christ hahahah, stop being such a wet wipe.

I'm not selling them. Its a very sought after strip that many people can't get hold of, so I shared a link to a replica. Its up to you if you want to look / buy or not, but I was asked a question and answered. 

Edited by Batistuta87

5 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

EDIT: It might also just be me here, but advertising a fake alternative to something the club are actively selling themselves doesn't sit right with me. 

I'm confident the top that Batastuta87 is advertising will be of better quality than the effort the club is officially releasing, have Hearts ever got it right ?

Baldwigforjack
2 hours ago, dannymack said:

I'm confident the top that Batastuta87 is advertising will be of better quality than the effort the club is officially releasing, have Hearts ever got it right ?

They haven't even got the button colour right.

2 hours ago, dannymack said:

Probably. The ones Hearts are selling look awful. 

The Hogfather
9 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Jesus christ hahahah, stop being such a wet wipe.

I'm not selling them. Its a very sought after strip that many people can't get hold of, so I shared a link to a replica. Its up to you if you want to look / buy or not, but I was asked a question and answered. 

You posted a link to a fake version of a highly sought after shirt. Let's not pretend you've found some Asics deadstock going for a song :laugh: If you're that precious about people criticising you advertising knock off shite, perhaps the public domain isn't the place for you princess.

3 hours ago, dannymack said:

I mean, if you want to go down that road, the blue on the tat from whatever the website is called is too dark, the crest is a shambles and the Strongbow looks too close together. Personally, I'd rather hold out for the real deal than buy some cheap shite fake.

The Hogfather

Could be worse, could be a grown man raging about people running a marathon.

On 11/11/2021 at 18:43, been here before said:

'cheeky' pint, 'cheeky' day off... only tossers enjoy "cheeky" things that the rest of us do normally.

Those jogging ***** usually with emf* on the front but "finisher" on the back. Nae ***** cares if you finished some shite race apart from other "finisher" wanks like you.

*other pointless races and tshirts are available.

been here before
26 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Or raging about missing the point of a post.

Or so raging you quote a post out of context.

Or being so raging you have to go trawling back through someones posts in the first place

Honest to **** what a meltdown to have over a fitba top

:rofl:

Edited by been here before

Forever Hearts
40 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Back of the net. A beautiful puss shutter. 👍

12 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

You posted a link to a fake version of a highly sought after shirt. Let's not pretend you've found some Asics deadstock going for a song :laugh: If you're that precious about people criticising you advertising knock off shite, perhaps the public domain isn't the place for you princess.

I mean, if you want to go down that road, the blue on the tat from whatever the website is called is too dark, the crest is a shambles and the Strongbow looks too close together. Personally, I'd rather hold out for the real deal than buy some cheap shite fake.

Honestly could not care less pal haha. Certainly couldn't care less what you thought of it. Hearts' version is also "fake" - so lets not pretend its any better! It's wrong too - wrong colour of buttons, wrong amount of buttons, and no Asics logo. 

Anyway, on ye jog. You've certainly done a great job of blowing something out of all proportion. 

On 12/11/2021 at 17:24, Samuel Camazzola said:

Have to agree, I have a couple of the 2012 home top without the Wonga logo and it looks ace.

• 3 weeks later...

Wish wish wish they would have the manufacturer. I'd have bought the "All 12" package without hesitation. I understand why obviously but it just makes them look shite ☹️

Such a poor choice for xmas too it has to be said. They should have released the most popular one in December and would sell hunners because of people buying them for Xmas presents. Bit of a mare from marketing.... 

Also... Assuming the 2012 cup final top will be out the month of/before Rudi's event. Said in the blurb that one of the competition prizes is a 2012 style "retro" top. 

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Wish wish wish they would have the manufacturer. I'd have bought the "All 12" package without hesitation. I understand why obviously but it just makes them look shite ☹️

Such a poor choice for xmas too it has to be said. They should have released the most popular one in December and would sell hunners because of people buying them for Xmas presents. Bit of a mare from marketing.... 

Also... Assuming the 2012 cup final top will be out the month of/before Rudi's event. Said in the blurb that one of the competition prizes is a 2012 style "retro" top. 

Agree 100%. It's rather disappointing. 

Maroon Sailor
43 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not a fan of this one 

Not the best

Better off with this one

20211208_231348.jpg.eeaaa75837b4e3ea8c36949541fd3bb1.jpg

Forever Hearts
On 08/11/2021 at 09:05, Baldwigforjack said:

Let's us know what the quality/sizing is like. I may purchase too.

Still haven't received the top. They've sent me a couple of emails but I have no idea what they say, they're in Thai.😃

24 minutes ago, Bing1874 said:

Has anyone received or had a date for receiving the first strip that was released?

Nothing yet.