Stendel press conference on SSN just after 2pm

Redhelen

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm not convinced by that at all. Cathro was hopelessly out of his depth.

Yeah he was. At the beginning tho there was signs that the team had started to buy into what he was selling. After the Dundee collapse it was pretty clear he was out his depth and the players couldn’t be bothered with him. All my opinion of course. 

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Beast Boy

• IveSeenTheLight

• JamboAl

35 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

More than half the managers in top league are non-Scottish. Did any of them in the studio mention that? 

So in reality only Livingston .hibs,Hamilton and Aberdeen have a Scottish manager .Ross county have joint managers and could you imagine their response if we did that the steam would be coming out their ears

Edited by Blackshades

Byyy The Light
8 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Berra’s afraid stendel might introduce something called a football to training sessions.

Seriously though he’s a good guy and been a good servant but it’s time to move on and he knows it. Wish him all the best but a club captain shouldn’t ever be sitting on his arse when meeting a new manager. Completely disrespectful.

Sorry but for me he’s been in and met them all. Marketing team then come in and go...right lads we’re going to film you all meeting him for the first time to put out on social.

Players reaction is more to do with the cringe factor of staging it than what they think of the new manager. That’s my take on it anyway.

Geoff Kilpatrick
13 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I try Geoff. I try mate :lol:

edit, not David, Daniel 

It was the David I was reacting to.

2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Sorry but for me he’s been in and met them all. Marketing team then come in and go...right lads we’re going to film you all meeting him for the first time to put out on social.

Players reaction is more to do with the cringe factor of staging it than what they think of the new manager. That’s my take on it anyway.

That’s what I hoped, but I must admit it didn’t make good viewing. 

Think he’s got an instant soft spot for Big Uche though 👍

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't think there has been any problem of them not 'getting stuck in'. Hearts have one of the worst disciplinary records in the league. A result of 'getting stuck in'

That's not getting stuck in.

4 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Let's hope he separates the wheat from the chaff, and players like Berra are shown the door pronto. Players who are old, make far too many mistakes, and are very very slow, will have no place in this team. 

Well that will see Whelan away then as well..oh and Maclean as well

Edited by CJGJ

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Mine too. Scottish players always seem very self-conscious on film.

37 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Very much so because if McCann had got the job JJ would have been SD and a coaching role for Locke as well. They were gutted when she terminated the interview. 

I’m glad we are trying something new and not an ex player. Stendel more intriguing and won’t just lie down to the old firm since new to it all

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Indeed. Sad to say I don’t think JJ was much better than them there, either. :(

And you know what there will no doubt be players with the same attitude

13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Maclean yes, I agree, but Whelan has more quality about him than the other two. Better passer of the ball, better positioning, better football brain, played at a higher standard. 

Just now, vegas-voss said:

And you know what there will no doubt be players with the same attitude

Indeed. A fair few supporters too, I’d suspect. Fingers crossed he gets off to a good start and buys himself some time.

Absolute Scenes
18 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

That’s what I hoped, but I must admit it didn’t make good viewing. 

Think he’s got an instant soft spot for Big Uche though 👍

Think we’ve yet to see the best of Uche 

with stendels style and uches work rate I think he’s still going to be a key player. Him and Washington up top with Naismith behind can close down defences

23 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I hope your right coZ if not that is shocking!! 

3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Maclean yes, I agree, but Whelan has more quality about him than the other two. Better passer of the ball, better positioning, better football brain, played at a higher standard. 

He's old, he's very slow and that was what you stated would see Berra out as well as others

I am not a fan on what we have seen so far and he needs to get his finger out for all I am seeing is a player looking to keep fit for the Republic in case they make the Euros

Just watched it. I thought Budge came across ok enough to be fair and DS seems a VERY likeable guy.  I think the players will really take to him.

Kinda all pointless though hearing that the losing common denominators are still very much about.

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He's old, he's very slow and that was what you stated would see Berra out as well as others

I am not a fan on what we have seen so far and he needs to get his finger out for all I am seeing is a player looking to keep fit for the Republic in case they make the Euros

Then I'll rephrase for arguments sake. Berra is finished, error prone, and becoming a bit of a liability.............Whelan imo, still has a couple of seasons in him.

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Just watched it. I thought Budge came across ok enough to be fair and DS seems a VERY likeable guy.  I think the players will really take to him.

Kinda all pointless though hearing that the losing common denominators are still very much about.

Still need to clear out the talentless dead wood. We might have to wait until the end of the season though, unless they've all brainwashed Budge. I exclude Donald Park and Andy Kirk from that, of course.

John mcCartney
9 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

To the words of 'last Christmas'

'This year, to save me from tears, I'll spend it with David Stendel' 

that should catch on like a Sydney bushfire no probs
Gorgie pubs will have this on repeat after the boxing day game if all goes well n all

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's fine lines. I don't think Cathro had it in him to command a dressing room, but I do wonder if we hadn't lost Paterson in particular that things might have gone differently for him and his team, just as if we hadn't lost Naismith when we did it might have gone differently for Levein. In both cases it was like losing 2 or 3 players, and seriously reducing our ability to attack.

Agree

BBC Glasgow are fast becoming a total disgrace to Scottish football (and they already are traitors to Scotland). I heard their sports news bulletin earlier, at 5pm I think, and – once again – their sumary of Daniel Stendel was loaded with prejudice as they detailed his final 10 game record at Barnsley without any mention of his achievements the previous season. Any impartial reporting would have reported both his most recent record and his outstanding achievements last season, but they didn't. They don't want Scotland to hear positive things about Hearts. 

Who cares what the guys on sportsound have to say!! Had we appointed a Scottish manager they would have still found a way to make it negative. 

I'm delighted we've got it done at last and I'm cautiously optimistic. He's got a mammoth task on his hands and I really hope the players will buy in to his philosophy and style. 

All the same, absolutely buzzing for Saturday. 

57 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Disagree re Whelan. Under Stendels way of playing, he's the ideal kind of player to sit in front of the back two imo.

24 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Then I'll rephrase for arguments sake. Berra is finished, error prone, and becoming a bit of a liability.............Whelan imo, still has a couple of seasons in him.

Berra may be finished in your mind but we'll miss his aerial ability and probably lose goals if he's not adequately replaced.  Halkett lacks aerial command, Souttar is injured and Dikamona hasn't overly impressed so far.

DS probably won't be able to bring in too many players in January and I'll be surprised if he doesn't see his priorities as being on the wing and in MF.  If he rectifies/improves our shortcomings further forward, it is likely there will be less pressure on our defence anyway.

Daniel talks like Klopp same kind of personality I think he is going to excel here ..... possibly take a bit of time but this is going to work 👍 well done AB getting this man loving the approach we want to try something different. 

Anne budge well done 👏👏👏

Psychedelicropcircle

IMO if the players try and continue this below par situ we won’t be on the managers case, they have had the benefit of the doubt for far too long now!

4 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

uber alles (correctly written in German "ueber alles") has nothing to do with the Nazis, but was a line of a poem written in 1841 which was used for the German National Anthem. It does not translate as "above all" (that would be "ueber allen") but rather "more than anything else", as in "ich liebe Dich ueber alles in der Welt" (I love you more than anything else in the world). A misleading translation was purposely chosen by the Allies during the second world war for propaganda purposes.

Or am i missing something here.

I think uber is perfectly good German provided it has the umlaut above the "U"

The rat catcher
32 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

BBC Glasgow are fast becoming a total disgrace to Scottish football (and they already are traitors to Scotland). I heard their sports news bulletin earlier, at 5pm I think, and – once again – their sumary of Daniel Stendel was loaded with prejudice as they detailed his final 10 game record at Barnsley without any mention of his achievements the previous season. Any impartial reporting would have reported both his most recent record and his outstanding achievements last season, but they didn't. They don't want Scotland to hear positive things about Hearts. 

Yes - Thats why I won't watch that hideous BBC1 glasgow ned channel or listen to their BBC Glasgow Sportspish radio.

Edited by The rat catcher

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Daniel talks like Klopp same kind of personality I think he is going to excel here ..... possibly take a bit of time but this is going to work 👍 well done AB getting this man loving the approach we want to try something different. 

Anne budge well done 👏👏👏

Yeah, never underestimate how much extra a likeable, confident, enthusiastic manager can get from players and fans.

The players have to want to play for the club and new manager Stendel. If the players still adopt negative football hope Stendel gets rid of the negative players a brings in players who want to play his style of football

23 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Berra may be finished in your mind but we'll miss his aerial ability and probably lose goals if he's not adequately replaced.  Halkett lacks aerial command, Souttar is injured and Dikamona hasn't overly impressed so far.

DS probably won't be able to bring in too many players in January and I'll be surprised if he doesn't see his priorities as being on the wing and in MF.  If he rectifies/improves our shortcomings further forward, it is likely there will be less pressure on our defence anyway.

Stendel will suss out Berra in 5 minutes, only a loser with very low expectations would keep a player as slow as Berra at the heart of our defence. Hallett he can work on and improve, and my guess is he'll bring in someone to replace Berra as soon as possible. 

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Stendel will suss out Berra in 5 minutes, only a loser with very low expectations would keep a player as slow as Berra at the heart of our defence. Hallett he can work on and improve, and my guess is he'll bring in someone to replace Berra as soon as possible. 

You seem to have a real down on Berra.

He has been playing below par but IMO there is no one to match him in the air.

My guess is that DS will suss out our lack of wing power and lack of MF pace first and if he does that, Berra will be under much less pressure.  I don't think he (DS) will have the resources to do much in January so he will want to spend what pennies he is given to best effect.

A loan keeper wouldn't be far down anyone's list of priorities either.

22 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Forget it.

Edited by Morgan

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

My guess is that DS will suss out our lack of wing power and lack of MF pace first and if he does that, Berra will be under much less pressure.  I don't think he (DS) will have the resources to do much in January so he will want to spend what pennies he is given to best effect.

as I understand it geggenpress doesn’t base its formation on wingers - it’s a narrow formation which relies upon width from attacking full backs

I am sure there are variations but that’s as I understand the basics.

We played some great football under Cathro but when the going got tough he wasn't a great man manager and because of that the players stopped playing for him.

The guy is obviously good at what he does though and is probably involved in the tactics side of things in someway at Wolves

18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

His aerial play as of late has been hopeless as well. headers spinning out for throw ins under no pressure or just completely mis-reading the ball.

Think it's a confidence issue more than anything though

7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

as I understand it geggenpress doesn’t base its formation on wingers - it’s a narrow formation which relies upon width from attacking full backs

I am sure there are variations but that’s as I understand the basics.

I think we're all getting a bit hung up re geggenpress.  It might be suitable against the likes of Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and maybe even Killie and Hibs if we can identify enough players capable of carrying it out.  I'm less sure it will work quite so well against teams who sit in.

Time will tell.

Just throwing in my tuppence worth. 

There are going to be a few players that under the new regime are going to surprise some of the people on here.

They’re not all sh@t. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, JamboAl said:

I think we're all getting a bit hung up re geggenpress.  It might be suitable against the likes of Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and maybe even Killie and Hibs if we can identify enough players capable of carrying it out.  I'm less sure it will work quite so well against teams who sit in.

Time will tell.

I know what you mean but my feeling is if it can work in League One it can work well in Scotland.

59 minutes ago, The rat catcher said:

Yes - Thats why I won't watch that hideous BBC1 glasgow ned channel or listen to their BBC Glasgow Sportspish radio.

You talking about the BBC Scotland channel? I've watched some great things on that recently. Three brilliant documentaries, one about the Timex strike in Dundee, one about the fight for Skye bridge, and Nae Pasaran. And not a weegie ned in site.

Anyway, we're goin off topic here. But its a decent station, just wanted to say that 😋

27 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Forget it.

I just did the same but never posted it 😂

9 minutes ago, 77Mackay77 said:

There are going to be a few players that under the new regime are going to surprise some of the people on here.

They’re not all sh@t. 

👍🏻

49 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think uber is perfectly good German provided it has the umlaut above the "U"

I know my missus and her mate don't even bother with the umlaut over here. They just use U. 

1 hour ago, 77Mackay77 said:

They’re not all sh@t. 

I hope so, otherwise Herr Stendel will be commencing his rebuild from the Championship next summer.

8 hours ago, graygo said:

Your first point was actually the other way round, he even turned to Ann and apologised for it. He still knows we are the big team though, :) 

Watch it again, he said he had heard of Hearts but when Heckingbottom moved to Hibs was the first time he had heard of Hibs. He apologised then said "actually not sorry". Slightly broken English but he knew us before his move to England.

14 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Hopefully it turns out to be a more enjoyable experience for them than we thought initially!. 

They'll love the gegenpress.

10 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

Advert for sports journalist in the Herald

A leading TV  company based in  Glasgow is looking for a sports journalist to join their exciting team

amongst the attributes we expect the candidate to display:

Your school record, which must be non kefflick, will be mediocre at best

ideally you will have had a trial at Rangers

Despite claiming you are Protestant, you will never have actually been to church

Your knowledge of football players will  be limited to Glasgow and the Old Firm

Although you will be a Rangers diehard, you will pretend to support Airdrie

Preference will be given to those with either a drink or gambling problem

Membership of the Ludge is preferred but will be fast tracked if necessary

Criminal convictions for rioting at any Rangers game would advantageous 

No kefflicks need apply.

IveSeenTheLight
19 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He said that the Aberdeen forum is pure bob kack and you're not famous anymore 👍😉

I agree that the Aberdeen forums are pretty poor, but at least we know what famous is ;)

8 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

Watch it again, he said he had heard of Hearts but when Heckingbottom moved to Hibs was the first time he had heard of Hibs. He apologised then said "actually not sorry". Slightly broken English but he knew us before his move to England.

Even Herr Stendel seems confused.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5052365/damiel-stendel-sorry-never-heard-hearts/

42 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I agree that the Aberdeen forums are pretty poor, but at least we know what famous is ;)

Yes, if you are over 40 years old you do.