Naismith Injury

HMFC86

I'd say Naismith has been one of the more committed players recently.

He gets called up for Scotland and wants to play? So what, so would I. He wants to play every game.

He's had a bad run of luck with injuries but a fraud and a wage thief he is not.

We are absolutely desperate for him to come back and I really hope this isn't the start of him not being able to play more than 2 games in a row ever again. If it is and he doesn't retire from international duty then we can start the witch hunt. Until then he is bar far and away the most talented player in our squad.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Hot since 86

• busby1985

• Victorian

The Treasurer
8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The club will.    Sections of the fans wont.     That's an uncomfortable reality I'm afraid.     

Even if Stendel is spared in the shorter term,  there will be an ongoing din regarding Ann Budge,   Levein and the players.     I really can't see the ongoing negativity ceasing any time soon,   which is unfortunate because Stendel would probably benefit from a complete amnesty of seeth while he stabilises the club.

In an ideal world Stendel would be given all the time (and resources) he needs to fix our club.

The reality is we are in a relegation fight and with a very real possibility of going  into the winter break bottom of the league. That is a situation that doesn't afford "time" to anyone connected to the club, even if it is not of their making

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The club will.    Sections of the fans wont.     That's an uncomfortable reality I'm afraid.     

Even if Stendel is spared in the shorter term,  there will be an ongoing din regarding Ann Budge,   Levein and the players.     I really can't see the ongoing negativity ceasing any time soon,   which is unfortunate because Stendel would probably benefit from a complete amnesty of seeth while he stabilises the club.

Great post.  I was embarrassed for Daniel on Saturday.  Your first game in charge and the place is like a library.  He didn’t deserve that, just like we haven’t deserved the product on the pitch for over a year. I just hope he has the wherewithal to realise that none of the negativity and apathy is targeted at him.  As I said before, we could have had Klopp or Pep in the dugout on Sat and the atmosphere would have been no different.  Naismith is one of few players at the club capable of changing the atmosphere.

In the 41 years I’ve been on this earth, I’ve seen far less capable players in Hearts strips, but I’ve had a strong affiliation with them because they gave it everything and got what it meant to put that shirt on. We need more of these types and less projects.  We need to stop being a holding pen for shite journeymen in their early 30s.  Every now and again you get lucky and get a player who is both capable and passionate and Naismith is one of few who fits this mould.

Ex member of the SaS

As long as the old regime are around the seeth will never leave. Only after a complete new start for Stendel with his own choice of backroom and no perceived oversight from Levein, will the fans look to the future and not the past. He needs time and the crowd of utter dog poo that Levein has lumbered him with be a huge ask to get us off the bottom. Hopefully he can get some new blood in  in Jan. 

The fans react to what the players do on the pitch. If you want an atmosphere, the players need to supply something to get the crowd on their feet.

12 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

He gets called up for Scotland and wants to play? So what, so would I. He wants to play every game.

He's had a bad run of luck with injuries but a fraud and a wage thief he is not.

We are absolutely desperate for him to come back and I really hope this isn't the start of him not being able to play more than 2 games in a row ever again. If it is and he doesn't retire from international duty then we can start the witch hunt. Until then he is bar far and away the most talented player in our squad.

If by being committed you mean he put his international career ahead of the club paying his wages. Managed back to back games for his country and is now suddenly “injured” again, then yes, he’s very committed. He trains by himself at home, decides when and if he is fit and barely comes to watch matches when he’s injured. Very, very committed. 

A total shambles of a situation.

7 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

As long as the old regime are around the seeth will never leave. Only after a complete new start for Stendel with his own choice of backroom and no perceived oversight from Levein, will the fans look to the future and not the past.

Correct.

The ‘din’ that remains with Ann Budge and Craig Levein is entirely of their own making. Ann Budge’s shameful inability to let go of Levein and Craig Levein remaining at the club willingly is the root cause of the discontent.

Add to that Macphee, Fox and Daly still being here and Daniel Stendel thus far being unable to bring in his own assistants and we are still firmly bound with the old guard.

Unless the structure changes soon, I wouldn’t blame DS for doing a runner, tbh.

It’s a complete mess.

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

If by being committed you mean he put his international career ahead of the club paying his wages. Managed back to back games for his country and is now suddenly “injured” again, then yes, he’s very committed. He trains by himself at home, decides when and if he is fit and barely comes to watch matches when he’s injured. Very, very committed. 

Hindsight is 20/20. I really don't think he has that kind of attitude. Seems like he just wants to play football and he looks after himself but has had a quite few injuries, probably because he is getting on a bit. 

He gives everything on the pitch and that doesn't marry with the attitude you described IMO.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Hindsight is 20/20. I really don't think he has that kind of attitude. Seems like he just wants to play football and he looks after himself but has had a quite few injuries, probably because he is getting on a bit. 

He gives everything on the pitch and that doesn't marry with the attitude you described IMO.

We just shouldn’t have given him a four year deal. Idiotic 

15 hours ago, Victorian said:

Yeah I was thinking similarly myself during the manager search.    I was advocating a stop gap,   safe pair of hands type.    Robertson or Warnock.

Stendal.    Right guy at the wrong time?    Possibly.     Maybe it's right guy at the wrong club (for him).      Not only does he have a big job to undertake,    he's quite possibly going to have to do it amidst 'the treatment'.       

Sadly that's where Hearts are.    It didn't happen overnight.    It began with Robbie Neilson and has increased in intensity.

John Robertson will not leave ICT to be a stop gap at Hearts or anywhere else, he's very happy up there and has made that mistake before.

24 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Not for a moment do I think he puts country before club. Delighted he got the 50 cap milestone. If he gets special dispensation to train apart from his team-mates then that is totally unacceptable. His recent injury was just one of those things which continues to be a common factor with us. 

18 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I have no criticism of Naismith, who wouldn't take a 4 year contract at his age and with his injury history. It's whoever in the hierarchy decided this was a sensible move I have an issue with.

And I have no doubts about the dedication of Naismith when actually playing. I simply wouldn't have given him that contract.

Did you have an issue with it when he signed it???

7 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Not for a moment do I think he puts country before club. Delighted he got the 50 cap milestone. If he gets special dispensation to train apart from his team-mates then that is totally unacceptable. His recent injury was just one of those things which continues to be a common factor with us. 

Levein has said on many occasions that he has facilities in his home and often keeps himself ticking over away from the group. It’s also him that declares himself unfit. We’d hear start of the week “he’s close” then come Saturday morning “unfit”. Shambles. 

The 50 cap thing is a disgrace. Levein joked months before it that we wouldn’t see Naismith back playing for Hearts till he gets his 50th cap. That’s exactly what happened. He is unfit for our biggest game of the season but manages minutes the next game before playing back to back for Scotland. He basically used us as a reserve match for Scotland. Plays both games and now he’s back injured again. Hearts before country always, no exceptions. 

The next Scotland qualifier is in March. Anyone be that surprised if we don’t see Naismith till then? I wouldn’t. 

1 hour ago, E6 Inc said:

He might want to play every game but he's 33 with ****ed knees and glass hamstrings . he needs to be realistic and save his legs for the guys that pay his wages

27 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If he eventually goes onto the coaching side , at the Club, he's probably worthy of the deal, imho.

14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Did you have an issue with it when he signed it???

Nobody did. There were a few posts querying the length of the contract but everyone agreed he needed signed.

Now everyone seems to have a problem with it? The club was on a hiding to nothing with Naismith.

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Levein has said on many occasions that he has facilities in his home and often keeps himself ticking over away from the group. It’s also him that declares himself unfit. We’d hear start of the week “he’s close” then come Saturday morning “unfit”. Shambles. 

The 50 cap thing is a disgrace. Levein joked months before it that we wouldn’t see Naismith back playing for Hearts till he gets his 50th cap. That’s exactly what happened. He is unfit for our biggest game of the season but manages minutes the next game before playing back to back for Scotland. He basically used us as a reserve match for Scotland. Plays both games and now he’s back injured again. Hearts before country always, no exceptions. 

The next Scotland qualifier is in March. Anyone be that surprised if we don’t see Naismith till then? I wouldn’t. 

I think the 50 cap remark was tongue in cheek and the injuries were just unfortunate. I do agree with you however that the training on his own arrangement is ridiculous. Naismith is seen as an important influence around the place.and with his experience his presence is viewed as invaluable notwithstanding missing out on training sessions, tactics  and general involvement in fostering team spirit. When Berra was injured he was in the workplace every day.Living in Ayrshire is his choice and I hope Stendel addresses  this situation and sorts it out quickly.

22 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I would, given his current injury. 

been here before

Only player (injured or otherwise) I never saw at the Christmas family day thing yesterday.

Dont know if anyone did see him?

29 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I think the 50 cap remark was tongue in cheek and the injuries were just unfortunate. I do agree with you however that the training on his own arrangement is ridiculous. Naismith is seen as an important influence around the place.and with his experience his presence is viewed as invaluable notwithstanding missing out on training sessions, tactics  and general involvement in fostering team spirit. When Berra was injured he was in the workplace every day.Living in Ayrshire is his choice and I hope Stendel addresses  this situation and sorts it out quickly.

It may well have been tongue in cheek but it transpired exactly how he said it would, I find that very odd, almost like a conversation had taken place. 

I haven’t seen Naismith at any of the events recently. He’s not been at training, hasn’t been in any the videos and wasn’t at the family events. 

Naismith is a great player and I fully understand that we would have to give him something to get him to our club. We’ve given him a 4 year deal, allowed him to train at home and he obviously has no pressure to attended match days when he’s not involved. I find all that very unprofessional, especially given that we can’t get more than 3 games out him. 

38 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

He might want to play every game but he's 33 with ****ed knees and glass hamstrings . he needs to be realistic and save his legs for the guys that pay his wages

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Again, hindsight is 20/20. Shame as he really is our best player.

25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I would, given his current injury. 

Which Is? A grade one hamstring pull? He’s all ready missed 3 weeks for an injury most people are back from within two. I may be wrong tho. 

Come on, we're all gutted Naismith is out, but do people actually believe he's feigning injury? That's ridiculous. The guy is a winner and I'm sure he's desperate to try and help get us out of this mess. 

18 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

It may well have been tongue in cheek but it transpired exactly how he said it would, I find that very odd, almost like a conversation had taken place. 

I haven’t seen Naismith at any of the events recently. He’s not been at training, hasn’t been in any the videos and wasn’t at the family events. 

Naismith is a great player and I fully understand that we would have to give him something to get him to our club. We’ve given him a 4 year deal, allowed him to train at home and he obviously has no pressure to attended match days when he’s not involved. I find all that very unprofessional, especially given that we can’t get more than 3 games out him. 

Cannot disagree as total commitment spreads to more  than the 90 minutes on match day. It would appear he was giving some slack in terms of training on his own, which for a club of our size is unprofessional particularly as he is probably the highest earner by some distance. I do think the injuries are down to bad luck but I am reluctant to tempt providence  by hoping he will be a regular after the winter break. 

30 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Which Is? A grade one hamstring pull? He’s all ready missed 3 weeks for an injury most people are back from within two. I may be wrong tho. 

Less than two weeks injured so far. 

So is he out for the game on Wednesday? Will be two weeks since the livi game, which Macphee said was the timeframe for his return.

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He got injured under two weeks ago by my calculation. 🤔

NHS site says a few days for a grade 1 hammy pull so it must be a little more severe than that. 

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

You are correct - Budge has made a massive mistake keeping Levein around the Club, a decision based on her personal relationship with him and not for the benefit of the Club no matter how she tries to spin it!

Get him out completely then all the fans can move on as they will never forgive him for the shambles he created.

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Do you reckon we will see him before 2020? My bad with the timings. 

The fact he doesn't even seem to be around the club just now does lead to suspicions eh? What do the player's think of that?

How's his new pizza restaurant doing? maybe it's a busy time of the year in the restaurant industry! 👨‍🍳

4 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

The fact he doesn't even seem to be around the club just now does lead to suspicions eh? What do the player's think of that?

How's his new pizza restaurant doing? maybe it's a busy time of the year in the restaurant industry! 👨‍🍳

It’s daft mate. If you are a young lad, like Brandon for example, you are being told you have to train and play when carrying an injury yet Naismith is allowed to do things at his own pace and at his own place. Sets a terrible example within the club. 

I bet he’s been on sportsound more than he’s played for Hearts this season. 

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Back for Aberdeen. Washington back for Hibs.

That's my guess.

I don’t think we will see him in 2019. Why would we, gets crimbo off. 

19 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Do you reckon we will see him before 2020? My bad with the timings. 

I hope so based on the current info. 

19 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

NHS site says a few days for a grade 1 hammy pull so it must be a little more severe than that. 

Before you can walk maybe. 😄

54 minutes ago, stotty said:

Come on, we're all gutted Naismith is out, but do people actually believe he's feigning injury? That's ridiculous.

I don't, that is ridiculous. But I do think that it was also ridiculous to give a 4 year contract to a 33 year old who hasn't just been having frequent injury issues but was actually recovering from knee surgery when the contract was signed.

Did they really fear somebody else would nip in and give a 33 year old with an injury history recovering from knee surgery a better contract?

I noticed Celtic dropped their interest in a 20 year old when he needed knee surgery. That's sensible.

In June 2019, Motherwell agreed a club-record £3.25 million fee with Celtic for Turnbull. The proposed deal with Celtic collapsed when medical tests found that Turnbull would require a knee operation.

1 hour ago, stotty said:

Come on, we're all gutted Naismith is out, but do people actually believe he's feigning injury? That's ridiculous. The guy is a winner and I'm sure he's desperate to try and help get us out of this mess. 

Whatever people think of Naismith I've never heard of anyone questioning his comment .

Another first for JKB ?

Slightly off topic Bartley , imo , targeted Naismith . Assault on Walker pretty cynical too

I think we need a reality check.  Binning McPhee, Daly and Fox together with a large number of players would be financial suicide.

people on another topic want players brought in as replacements in January.  We would need to pay these people up to end of their contracts or buy them out.  Whichever way it will cost a large amount and leave nothing for taking on others.

53 minutes ago, Barack said:

Is he cooking them? 

:lol:

Naw but can see him shouting, balling and directing the chef if he's not up to speed! 🤣

4 minutes ago, jambosdad said:

I think we need a reality check.  Binning McPhee, Daly and Fox together with a large number of players would be financial suicide.

people on another topic want players brought in as replacements in January.  We would need to pay these people up to end of their contracts or buy them out.  Whichever way it will cost a large amount and leave nothing for taking on others.

I would assume from the number of people commenting on Fox and Daly's abilities some would actually have inside knowledge . As opposed to guilt by association/just making it up ?

Why not give us some insight ?

Asked more than once about their contract situation , no-one seems to know .

Might as well direct my questions to biscuits 

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Levein is a master of the  tongue in cheek quip. One of his attractions to Ann?

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

I would assume from the number of people commenting on Fox and Daly's abilities some would actually have inside knowledge . As opposed to guilt by association/just making it up ?

Why not give us some insight ?

Asked more than once about their contract situation , no-one seems to know .

Might as well direct my questions to biscuits 

Think Fox's  contract is up at the end of the season

Just now, jambocub said:

Think Fox's  contract is up at the end of the season

Cheers .

Think there are a few contractual issues to be sorted re Stendels assistants and our current coaches .

I should say I'm just looking at logical explanations . Not being a happy clapper , ITKer or a doom monger .

Ex member of the SaS
3 hours ago, jambosdad said:

Put them on gardening leave. Out of the club but still getting the same wage they are now. Levein ( who loves the club like no other ) should have walked or been put out the door the moment he was " sacked".

Get rid of the bad smell, open the windows and let a breath of fresh air in.

Until all the old guard have gone there will always be a whiff. 

The Future's Maroon
7 hours ago, Whatever said:

Correct.

The ‘din’ that remains with Ann Budge and Craig Levein is entirely of their own making. Ann Budge’s shameful inability to let go of Levein and Craig Levein remaining at the club willingly is the root cause of the discontent.

Add to that Macphee, Fox and Daly still being here and Daniel Stendel thus far being unable to bring in his own assistants and we are still firmly bound with the old guard.

Unless the structure changes soon, I wouldn’t blame DS for doing a runner, tbh.

It’s a complete mess.

Discussions and meetings have already taken place regarding this, fans don’t get told everything as soon as it happens at the club, rightly so.

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Discussions and meetings have already taken place regarding this, fans don’t get told everything as soon as it happens at the club, rightly so.

We all know she can’t do sackings properly so finding these failures new roles will be the priority no doubt.

No rush, Ann. That European spot will still be within reach come January 👍🏻

The Future's Maroon
5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

We all know she can’t do sackings properly so finding these failures new roles will be the priority no doubt.

No rush, Ann. That European spot will still be within reach come January 👍🏻

Well, your wrong as you will find out soon enough.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Back on topic naismith was training today . Saw him and Washington doing a bit together which included a bit sprinting

haring and souttar doing some running together 

Boy who was already there before me said naismith got calked over to join  in a bit of the main session as well.

Adding  the 2 strikers to the squad will change the whole dimension of the team

Disser Pointon
17 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Back on topic naismith was training today . Saw him and Washington doing a bit together which included a bit sprinting

Boy who was already there before me said naismith got calked over to join  in a bit of the main session as well.

Wouldn't have them anywhere near Wednesday's dead rubber though, save them for the Derby.

Just now, Bleedsmaroon said:

Wouldn't have them anywhere near Wednesday's dead rubber though, save them for the Derby.

Seeing them out running today gave me hope the 2 strikers could play a part against hibs ..

What a much needed boost to everyone if they can make the starting line up for that game 

23 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Great to hear that from you.  Much appreciated.  Sounds a bit encouraging.

Couldn't we be hearing this from the club though.  Starting to feel like everything has gone wrong at Tynecastle.

Feeling a bit despondent.  Brexit seems quicker than our injury recoveries.