Naismith Injury

HMFC86

The benefactors paid for this deal. (see Ann’s latest statement on benefactors supporting playing budget). 
it was done over 4 years to bring the weekly wage within the wage constraints to avoid upping the wage cap and upsetting others. 
really disappointing that he’s had continuing injuries and we have not seen him except odd appearances. 
I would rather accept him than not and am really grateful for Ann and the benefactors trying to get us such an exciting player we couldn’t afford otherwise. 
On Naismith. There is no player more desperate to get on the park and do what he loves doing. You can see that on the park.  I don’t think he is protecting himself for Scotland. I would prefer he called it a day with Scotland though. 
desperate to see him back. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Hot since 86

• busby1985

• Victorian

1 hour ago, S Form said:

You’re right. My comments were inflamed by anger at the performance and too much alcohol. I apologise and withdraw them.

Fair play

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Doing a Hughes & keeping himself fit & ticking over with the odd game for Hearts in between being instantly & miraculously fit to play for his International side.

Yup. 

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Naismith is a complete fraud. Has no interest whatsoever in Hearts. 

Bin the prick, Daniel. 

Unfortunately probably true,I miss the days of signing guys 22-26 year old who are keen as **** to succeed and get Hearts,sadly we get stuck with Naismith and Whelan hobbling about the pitch.

7 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Naismith is a complete fraud. Has no interest whatsoever in Hearts. 

Bin the prick, Daniel. 

It worries me that to an outsider you and I, as Hearts supporters, are the "same" thing.

south morocco

Certainly not getting value for money from him recently, going forward it’ll be interesting to see how long he can manage before another injury. Probably not long in all honesty. Bit part player for the next 3 and a half years 😩

Weakened Offender
34 minutes ago, graygo said:

It worries me that to an outsider you and I, as Hearts supporters, are the "same" thing.

It doesn't worry me, toots. 😊

8 minutes ago, Prof said:

The witch hunt moves on from Levein to McPhee to Anne Budge to Naismith.

Yep.   Makes me wonder how many games Stendal has before the mob goes for him.

31 minutes ago, Victorian said:

just imagine if we lose the derby

Weakened Offender
42 minutes ago, graygo said:

Of course it doesn't, it makes you look slightly better.

I'm not interested in looking better than anyone on a football forum. I posted an opinion about a player who, I think, is at the lash. You had the pop, not me. 😊

Weakened Offender
56 minutes ago, Victorian said:

What witch hunt? I love what Ann has done for the club. 

If folk want to believe Naismith is desperate to get on the park and give everything for Hearts then crack on. If folk believe his commitment in a Hearts jersey match his commitment in a Scotland jersey, then crack on. 

They're only kidding themselves. 

22 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

What witch hunt? I love what Ann has done for the club. 

If folk want to believe Naismith is desperate to get on the park and give everything for Hearts then crack on. If folk believe his commitment in a Hearts jersey match his commitment in a Scotland jersey, then crack on. 

They're only kidding themselves. 

Forgive me for passing on the outrage in the absence of specific facts regarding his injury status and the chronology of it.

Neither of us know the full details of his ongoing injury status.    Only one of us has determined that he is a "complete fraud".    You.

Bit of a foolish statement whilst not in receipt of the facts.    But rage on.

6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Why is it strange?

It came from nowhere, right?  You were expecting he'd retire after 50 caps based on what?

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Some oddball opinions and conspiracy theories on this thread.

You only have to listen to Naismith when he’s playing to know he gives a shit.

Correct 

Weakened Offender
26 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Forgive me for passing on the outrage in the absence of specific facts regarding his injury status and the chronology of it.

Neither of us know the full details of his ongoing injury status.    Only one of us has determined that he is a "complete fraud".    You.

Bit of a foolish statement whilst not in receipt of the facts.    But rage on.

Keep holding on to the hope you're right and I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Keep holding on to the hope you're right and I'm wrong. 

I don't need to hold on to hope that I'm right.    I'll just assume things are as they appear to be with him.    He's an enthusiastic type so the theory that he's a fraud seems even more unlikely.

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

I don't need to hold on to hope that I'm right.    I'll just assume things are as they appear to be with him.    He's an enthusiastic type so the theory that he's a fraud seems even more unlikely.

Care to give one example of that enthusiasm this calendar year, other than his Scotland appearances? 

You honestly believe he's given everything in the matches he's managed to play?

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'm not interested in looking better than anyone on a football forum. I posted an opinion about a player who, I think, is at the lash. You had the pop, not me. 😊

No, that was just my opinion.

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Care to give one example of that enthusiasm this calendar year, other than his Scotland appearances? 

You honestly believe he's given everything in the matches he's managed to play?

I do, yes.   He's been struggling to be fit enough to play and has been playing at less than full fitness.

I believe that Hearts may well have been a bit reckless handing out that contract to a player who's long term fitness is questionable.    Either that or Hearts have good reason to believe that his fitness is likely to improve.

I do not believe that Naismith is a fraud.    If evidence surfaces to support that theory then I may well revise.

29 minutes ago, WageThief said:

It came from nowhere, right?  You were expecting he'd retire after 50 caps based on what?

He stated he was desperate to get that 50th cap. I thought once he got it he would then devote his remaining playing career to Hearts - as other players have done with other Clubs.

I have no criticism of Naismith, who wouldn't take a 4 year contract at his age and with his injury history. It's whoever in the hierarchy decided this was a sensible move I have an issue with.

And I have no doubts about the dedication of Naismith when actually playing. I simply wouldn't have given him that contract.

Weakened Offender
19 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I do, yes.   He's been struggling to be fit enough to play and has been playing at less than full fitness.

I believe that Hearts may well have been a bit reckless handing out that contract to a player who's long term fitness is questionable.    Either that or Hearts have good reason to believe that his fitness is likely to improve.

I do not believe that Naismith is a fraud.    If evidence surfaces to support that theory then I may well revise.

Ok, I hope you are right. If in 2020 he shows any sign of prioritising HMFC over his international career than I DEFINITELY 😊 will revise mine. 

44 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Some oddball opinions and conspiracy theories on this thread.

You only have to listen to Naismith when he’s playing to know he gives a shit.

Fairly obvious that those who say otherwise haven’t watched him play for Hearts or have ever actually watched Hearts. I await the usual ” how dare you say that I’ve been to all home games” bullshit responses.

33 minutes ago, Prof said:

Fairly obvious that those who say otherwise haven’t watched him play for Hearts or have ever actually watched Hearts. I await the usual ” how dare you say that I’ve been to all home games” bullshit responses.

I agree with this. 

I also find it staggering that some seemed to think he would retire after 50 caps when Scotland still have a shot at qualification for a major tournament next year.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, leith_dude said:

I agree with this. 

I also find it staggering that some seemed to think he would retire after 50 caps when Scotland still have a shot at qualification for a major tournament next year.

Oh he will certainly be around as long as that is a possibility. How often he will play for us is another question. But as long as we release him for even meaningless internationals... 

I am of the opinion that this thread has sunk to the depths of ridiculousness. 

We as Hearts fans would appear to be part of the problem, always on players back booing at the end of Stendels first match. Players are seeing sports physiologists to block out the negative vibes from the stands. 

Crazy thought but would you try if everyone was on your back or if Tynecastle was rocking and get behind the players. 

Remember the support we gave the team before the 4-0 semi at Hampden. We probably won the game before a ball kicked such would the boost to the players have been.

Think on you moaning........

Lord Beni of Gorgie

When the chips are down paranoid rage is quite normal. 

We clearly are a different team with Naismith so not difficult if incorrect to put the latest blame on the person perceived to be making the biggest difference. 

Souttar and Haring likewise are impostors if Naismith is 

1 hour ago, leith_dude said:

I agree with this. 

:trippin:

Why not attempt to view the Naismith / Scotland matter from another angle...

Do Scotland have a chance to qualify?    Does Naismith want to be in a major championships?     

No.    If Scotland retain any hopes of qualifying for ths finals,   Naismith's continued participation for Scotland has a very big bearing on that.     Clarke clearly sees Naismith as in integral part of his best chance to qualify.

Would one not have expected this to have been discussed between Clarke and Naismith?

THAT is why he's turning out for Scotland.    Because Clarke wants him to.    Whenever he sees his name in the squad,   he doesn't go WOOHOO I've won the Scotland squad lottery again... better go along now... **** Hearts.

4 hours ago, Victorian said:

It will start if the Celtic result is a shocker no doubt.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

JFK has made good points.

But just as it wasn’t only Brexit that lost Labour the election, it is increasingly clear that injuries weren’t the sole reason we are where we are.

It feels like we’ve been coached by Del Boy, Rodney and Trigger on a 12 month jolly boys trip from where I am sitting.

Mange tout Rodders?

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

It will start if the Celtic result is a shocker no doubt.

Hopefully it's a redundant point because that means we've improved and making progress.    But if we don't,   or until we do,   I doubt he'll get very long.

In the current and widespread mood that Levein is culpable for assembling a useless squad + the players are culpable for continuing to be useless,   the logical conclusion would be that Stendal cannot reasonably expect to be the next subject of the mob until he has had a reasonable opportunity to clear up the mess he was left with.     The reality is that he might need quite a while to do it.    Beyond this season and into next.

He'll be getting it in the neck long before that point.     That's guaranteed.     Let's hope it is a redundant point.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Hopefully it's a redundant point because that means we've improved and making progress.    But if we don't,   or until we do,   I doubt he'll get very long.

In the current and widespread mood that Levein is culpable for assembling a useless squad + the players are culpable for continuing to be useless,   the logical conclusion would be that Stendal cannot reasonably expect to be the next subject of the mob until he has had a reasonable opportunity to clear up the mess he was left with.     The reality is that he might need quite a while to do it.    Beyond this season and into next.

He'll be getting it in the neck long before that point.     That's guaranteed.     Let's hope it is a redundant point.

Have said since Stendel was first mention on here that I think Stendel is the right man at the wrong time.Given time to change things I'm sure Stendel will be a success but the circumstances will see Hearts fans turn so quick.I just hope we have enough to scrape to 10th then we will see how Stendel improves us with a full pre season to work on how he wants the team to play.

Most sane people aren't questioning Naismith ability or commitment just whether the money could have been invested better . 

If Naismith offered to cancel his contract and the wages offered to Daniel to invest i would probably take that as much as how superb Naisy is to us when he's fully fit . 

5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Have said since Stendel was first mention on here that I think Stendel is the right man at the wrong time.Given time to change things I'm sure Stendel will be a success but the circumstances will see Hearts fans turn so quick.I just hope we have enough to scrape to 10th then we will see how Stendel improves us with a full pre season to work on how he wants the team to play.

Yeah I was thinking similarly myself during the manager search.    I was advocating a stop gap,   safe pair of hands type.    Robertson or Warnock.

Stendal.    Right guy at the wrong time?    Possibly.     Maybe it's right guy at the wrong club (for him).      Not only does he have a big job to undertake,    he's quite possibly going to have to do it amidst 'the treatment'.       

Sadly that's where Hearts are.    It didn't happen overnight.    It began with Robbie Neilson and has increased in intensity.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I have no criticism of Naismith, who wouldn't take a 4 year contract at his age and with his injury history. It's whoever in the hierarchy decided this was a sensible move I have an issue with.

And I have no doubts about the dedication of Naismith when actually playing. I simply wouldn't have given him that contract.

If he hadn't got the 4 year deal he wouldn't have signed at all. 

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Yeah I was thinking similarly myself during the manager search.    I was advocating a stop gap,   safe pair of hands type.    Robertson or Warnock.

Stendal.    Right guy at the wrong time?    Possibly.     Maybe it's right guy at the wrong club (for him).      Not only does he have a big job to undertake,    he's quite possibly going to have to do it amidst 'the treatment'.       

Sadly that's where Hearts are.    It didn't happen overnight.    It began with Robbie Neilson and has increased in intensity.

FFS we are finished with the attitude of some fans. 

9 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

FFS we are finished with the attitude of some fans. 

That's the point.    Stendal should be given a long time to turn us around.     I,   and some others,   suspect he wont get it.     

GorgieRules22

I’m assuming he’s fit enough for Wednesday ? It was only a very slight injury to his hamstring so surely he’s recovered or is he on his days off.

14 hours ago, ramrod said:

Most sane people aren't questioning Naismith ability or commitment just whether the money could have been invested better . 

If Naismith offered to cancel his contract and the wages offered to Daniel to invest i would probably take that as much as how superb Naisy is to us when he's fully fit . 

If Naysmith was to offer to cancel his remaining 3.5 year contract I would question his sanity. 😳

13 hours ago, Victorian said:

That's the point.    Stendal should be given a long time to turn us around.     I,   and some others,   suspect he wont get it.     

By given a long time, I assume you just mean the fans not giving him the time.

The club will give him the time he needs imo.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They have little choice but to I reckon 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The club will.    Sections of the fans wont.     That's an uncomfortable reality I'm afraid.     

Even if Stendel is spared in the shorter term,  there will be an ongoing din regarding Ann Budge,   Levein and the players.     I really can't see the ongoing negativity ceasing any time soon,   which is unfortunate because Stendel would probably benefit from a complete amnesty of seeth while he stabilises the club.