• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Hot since 86

• busby1985

• Victorian

Even Naismith says how important match fitness is and this has been proven the last few games he has played. We won’t see a fit SN for the next 2/3 months by which time it’ll be too late. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Four year deal to a guy with glass hamstrings. Only Levein!!!

I agree and disagree ! This place with me included would have been in uproar if we had the chance to sign him and didn’t. I do however fear him and Berra are on very high wages though and are gonna cripple our club financially 

does anyone know what wages Berra and Naismith are on? 

Edited by red

Just now, red said:

I agree and disagree ! This place with me included would have been in uproar if we had the chance to sign him and didn’t. I do however fear him and Berra are on very high wages though and are gonna cripple our club financially 

A four year deal though? Four years! Really?!?! We’ve been stiffed big time.

He’ll be on a fortune. I questioned at the time regarding a four year deal, most fans seemed delighted about it, mentioning coaching and what not. Big money spunked down the drain again.

Think we need an honest assessment of all the squad injuries. What is purportedly a minor niggle looks like keeping him out during the busiest period of the year - hate myself for being cynical because he really makes a huge difference when he plays but he comes across as far more committed to Scotland than the club that pays his wages and that makes me deeply unhappy. If Scotland were playing I can't help feeling he'd make a Lazarus like recovery.

Reality is the team is absolutely ****ing useless without him. Still.

How can it be that a team is so reliant on one player after about 2 seasons?

Great player but an absolute liability. Probably taking up 3 decent wages that Daniel could use in January, another horrendous decision by Levein were stuck with for the next 4 years. 

Ramrod what a load of bull, Naisy whom I have met is a commited lad who has an injury issue which we need fixed for good of club, that's a Feckin mare of a post for a hearts fan.

53 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Ramrod what a load of bull, Naisy whom I have met is a commited lad who has an injury issue which we need fixed for good of club, that's a Feckin mare of a post for a hearts fan.

Easy tiger 

I'm not in any way calling into question his quality or commitment but as I say he's a liability in the condition he is now in . 

Superb and a talisman when he's fully fit but he will never ever be now . 

Weve got another 3 years ahead of  us of him trying to get fit He'll never manage a run of more than 3 games in a row . 

The galling thing is he's been injury prone for the last 3 years and we've been absolutely suckered into giving him a 4 year deal . 

Great lad and player but he is absolutely killing us atm 

Release or come to an agreement in January and move on. Disgrace that we allow him to take a wage. Trains when he wants and where he wants. Decides if and when he’s fit. Manages back to back games for Scotland but can’t manage a month with us. Undoubted a quality, quality player but what’s the point when we don’t see him 3 months at a time. Get rid. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Grade 1 hamstring. Richard Sherman San Francisco 49ers I noted has a grade 2. 

I reckon Sherman will play before Naismith with a worse injury 

The bungling idiot Levein made us a one man team last season and the one man is the most injury prone, unreliable player at the club. He's also our best player by miles.

We're average with him and a heap of steaming shite without him. 

We cannot afford to go into the 2nd half of the season depending on him for anything. 

been here before

See that way when you're on your way to a game and find out the team from Twitter or the radio or one of your mates or the like and you think 'oh aye Walkers in or Bozanic is dropped or Uche's on the bench again', does anyone even bother looking to see if Naismith is named in a starting line up anymore?

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Release or come to an agreement in January and move on. Disgrace that we allow him to take a wage. Trains when he wants and where he wants. Decides if and when he’s fit. Manages back to back games for Scotland but can’t manage a month with us. Undoubted a quality, quality player but what’s the point when we don’t see him 3 months at a time. Get rid. 

Given how difficult he was allegedly at Rangers, I doubt he’ll go cheaply

7 minutes ago, S Form said:

He’s a *^^^ing twat. We don’t need people who play when they fancy it. He should commit t us or **** off.

We do actually need him. 

50 minutes ago, been here before said:

See that way when you're on your way to a game and find out the team from Twitter or the radio or one of your mates or the like and you think 'oh aye Walkers in or Bozanic is dropped or Uche's on the bench again', does anyone even bother looking to see if Naismith is named in a starting line up anymore?

Nope. I don’t even question why he’s not in the squad anymore. A total farce. 

I'm disappointed by the signing of Naismith so far. Promised so much yet delivered so little. Constantly injured and has been poor since returning from international duties. And he's injured again.

3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

I agree with that but was really disappointed that after getting his 50th cap he did not retire from internationals and focus on playing for Hearts.

Naismith has quality but struggles to string together 3 appearances before breaking down again and being out for weeks. It takes longer than he can play just to attain match sharpness after a layoff.

Some outrageous posts here. Can’t believe people think half this nonsense about him.

We are all annoyed and hurting (those of us that are Hearts fans) but hardly Naismiths fault.

Get a grip.

13 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

On his day there is no doubting his ability, but the current value for moneyfrom him is starting to erode at his untouchable status. 

I questioned if we should be signing him on a permanent basis and got absolutely slaughtered for it. At the moment nothing has happened to change my mind.

Yes, he usually makes a difference when he plays but he plays less and less.

It’s also a bit of a kick in the teeth that he played two meaningless games for Scotland straight after his return.

We’ll be paying a fortune for a player who’ll be lucky to play a quarter of the season.

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Mort said:

Some outrageous posts here. Can’t believe people think half this nonsense about him.

We are all annoyed and hurting (those of us that are Hearts fans) but hardly Naismiths fault.

Get a grip.

This

Jean Louis Valois

Does anyone know if he bothers coming to the games when he's injured. I always have a look behind the dugout and never see him in the group of injured/youth players.

A_A wehatethehibs

Difficult not to get frustrated with his injuries.

Think we need to accept he’ll just be a perpheral player with spells of fitness. Hopefully he can knock in a few goals to help us get points but the main men up front should be Ikpeazu and Washington they are in their mid 20s on good contracts. A lot hinges on getting those 2 trying to get a partnership going from Jan onwards, second half of this season. Maclean and Keena just plainly aren’t good enough to be starting any games so if we have any chance of getting someone who can add goals in January (eg. Lafferty)

Where are the goals going to come from besides Naismith? That was the question at the start of the season and it is still the question 

John Gentleman
11 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Stendel will be well aware of this and Naismith may well be on the receiving end of some German "directness". What a place we're in when players are allowed to dictate the terms of their tenure.

9 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I agree with that but was really disappointed that after getting his 50th cap he did not retire from internationals and focus on playing for Hearts.

Strange expectations, inevitable disappointment.

16 minutes ago, Coco said:

If we could get them all fit and firing I'd like to see more of Naismith, Washington and Walker as a front 3.  If we could get them fit.

Ask yourself this, If Scotland were playing next week in an important match would Naismith be fit for the game,  I think he would!

15 minutes ago, allyby said:

Ask yourself this, If Scotland were playing next week in an important match would Naismith be fit for the game,  I think he would!

Why not tomorrow?

Then you could get even more angry about it.

10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

We do actually need him. 

We need him fit and playing, he makes us tick. Still wasn’t worth a 4year deal tho 

1 hour ago, WageThief said:

Strange expectations, inevitable disappointment.

Why is it strange?

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Difficult not to get frustrated with his injuries.

Think we need to accept he’ll just be a perpheral player with spells of fitness. Hopefully he can knock in a few goals to help us get points but the main men up front should be Ikpeazu and Washington they are in their mid 20s on good contracts. A lot hinges on getting those 2 trying to get a partnership going from Jan onwards, second half of this season. Maclean and Keena just plainly aren’t good enough to be starting any games so if we have any chance of getting someone who can add goals in January (eg. Lafferty)

Where are the goals going to come from besides Naismith? That was the question at the start of the season and it is still the question 

Dogs in the street knew we needed a goal scorer and attacking midfielder as we have done for 3 windows. Did we get either? Nope because defending was considered more important than winning and, when your defence lets you down you are screwed.

We‘ve recruited 3 awful keepers and our best defenders are injured or haven’t recovered from injury. 
Hopefully Stendel can address our chronic lack of creativity which, in turn takes pressure off the defence

GorgieRules22
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's ridiculous that a Hearts player chooses to deliberately be injured.

Wage feef.

Was he at Riccarton when the rest of the team met Daniel Stendel the other day ? Was he also at the sick kids when the squad were there handing out gifts ?

Serious questions, just I never noticed him.