Clean Slate?

iantjambo

Is everyone willing to wipe the slate clean with the players and see how they perform under a new manager?

Or are there players that are beyond Hope?

Personally, I’m willing to give everyone another chance. As much as I want to write off the Wightons and the Clares, I still think they can come good under a new gaffer.

Italian Lambretta

Many of them will be shown the door at the first opportunity Stendel will bring in a host of players he knows can do the job thats needed

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Is everyone willing to wipe the slate clean with the players and see how they perform under a new manager?

Personally, I’m willing to give everyone another chance. As much as I want to write off the Wightons and the Clares, I still think they can come good under a new gaffer.

Agreed but ffs never a player he knows himself he is shite

Holyrood_Hearts
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Agree with the OP. Said similar myself a couple weeks ago regarding the players

Spot on OP. Let’s see what the new manager can bring out in the squad. I think it’s fair to say we are seeing nobody at their potential at the moment. Time to put that behind us and get behind everyone and let’s see where it goes. 

Anyone who takes to the field in maroon gets second, third or even fourth chances in my eyes.

However you are asking the JKB collective which is a strange concoction of genuine Hearts supporters like me, ****ing idiots from Stalk Hearts, ****ing idiots from .net and ****ing idiots who think they support Hearts but shout abuse at players, call for the head of the the only person to save us when we were well and truly ****ed.

I think you get me meaning.

Just now, Jambos1983 said:

Give 100% and they'll get my support. If the new gaffer deems them not good enough then so be it

This is pretty much where I am.

Wonder what players will suit his playing style given he wants athleticism and pressing?  Some of ours won't have the fitness for that system

New training, the excitement from a new manager who has a personality and looks like he'll put the fun back into the play. So many have low confidence and this change of scene will lift spirits.

Goalkeeper situation is beyond hope at the moment though, that really needs rectified in January. We need a solid number 1 who has already proven himself rather than getting one in cheap to 'develop'.

Adam_the_legend
9 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

New manager decides. I have major doubts about quite a few of them but if DS says they can do a job then fair enough. 

Just now, Juan Rom?n Riquelme said:

Folk like Bozanic and Clare that couldn't kick their own arse will still be terrible.

And you know this how?

Yes they’ve been pretty shite but who’s to say they won’t suit the new mans style of play?

4 minutes ago, kila said:

New training, the excitement from a new manager who has a personality and looks like he'll put the fun back into the play. So many have low confidence and this change of scene will lift spirits.

Goalkeeper situation is beyond hope at the moment though, that really needs rectified in January. We need a solid number 1 who has already proven himself rather than getting one in cheap to 'develop'.

Craig Gordon??

I think the squads there, they are just demoralised. Nonetheless they should be taking some responsibility and too many have seemed to be in hiding. 

Captain Canada

I think it's only right that he'll assess everyone with a fresh perspective and then make a decision as to whether they fit what he wants to do. 

We've had no clear identity or style of play for a long time, so I'm hopeful that with a stronger direction and increase in confidence, a lot of the players will start to improve. For me, the most obvious ones are Clare and Damour because of the level they've played at previously. 

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Nope.

Past it and no better than we have now unfortunately.

Even a past it CG is better than the dross we have in goal at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Many of them will be shown the door at the first opportunity Stendel will bring in a host of players he knows can do the job thats needed

I don't entirely agree with this approach. 

I completely agree the current crop aren't doing it but a total reset is not whats needed. Remember Cathro? The january market is a fools game. I'd much rather Stendel works with the current crop as best he can until the summer whilst sounding out his preferred targets then. Offload who we can then and bring in enough of a number to make the impression he wants. 

Rome wasn't build in a day, and I do not believe the ability level in this squad is as low as our position suggests. Halkett, Souttar, Smith, Whelan, Haring, Naismith, all good experienced pros. Cochrane, Irving, McDonald, Hickey, all promising youngsters. I think we need to try and get more leaders in the dressing room and better width. A quality keeper is obviously also a must, but again. January isn't the time to do it. 

The kids have the legs to play the pressing game so IMO we need to try and play to that as best we can. If we can start winning games and giving the kids the experience they need then we'll be in a really good place to start afresh next season. Its the journeymen and hangers on we need rid of. 

15 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

This is pretty much where I am.

Agreed

Im happy to give everyone a chance as long as the give 100%. 
I think most fans can handle losing matches as long as we give everything. 
This group don’t give 100% it’s clear for all to see. 

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Even a past it CG is better than the dross we have in goal at the moment. 

If he is then it’s marginal.

He was poor for Celtic for a while and that’s why he was dropped and replaced.

If we’re looking for a keeper then I hope we’re looking elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I completely agree the current crop aren't doing it but a total reset is not whats needed. Remember Cathro? The january market is a fools game. I'd much rather Stendel works with the current crop as best he can until the summer whilst sounding out his preferred targets then. Offload who we can then and bring in enough of a number to make the impression he wants. 

Rome wasn't build in a day, and I do not believe the ability level in this squad is as low as our position suggests. Halkett, Souttar, Smith, Whelan, Haring, Naismith, all good experienced pros. Cochrane, Irving, McDonald, Hickey, all promising youngsters. I think we need to try and get more leaders in the dressing room and better width. A quality keeper is obviously also a must, but again. January isn't the time to do it. 

The kids have the legs to play the pressing game so IMO we need to try and play to that as best we can. If we can start winning games and giving the kids the experience they need then we'll be in a really good place to start afresh next season. Its the journeymen and hangers on we need rid of. 

Excellent post.

100% clean slate. I will also leave the difficult questions surrounding subjects like Berra to the new management team. It will be good to see how a management team who have no preconceptions assess and utilise the squad. 

Even if the results don't come quickly, I just want to see progress, and players actually trying while wearing maroon. I'll give 100% support.

Bit it still blows my mind watching some of the half hearted efforts I've seen over the past few years. 

Yes, the manager, his tactics and team selection matter. But obviously not trying a leg really, really annoys me.

I'd be a terrible manager, if players didn't try, they wouldn't play. End of.

From the looks of our (hopefully) new manager, hard work on the field is a minimum. 

As limited as they were talent wise, I never criticised the Callachans, Edwards etc... As they gave their all. It was the managers fault for putting players not at that level in the team. Not theirs.

The players who obviously have more talent but trot around, a la Kingston, got to me badly.

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

100% clean slate. I will also leave the difficult questions surrounding subjects like Berra to the new management team. It will be good to see how a management team who have no preconceptions assess and utilise the squad. 

As I said on another thread, I think our defenders will perform better if our midfield got their shit together.

11 minutes ago, OTT said:

I agree with most you say although I’d like to think he can get a couple in on loan until the end of season ( a keeper is a must). We have a decent squad, they just need set up correctly and man managed properly. Fingers crossed Stendel delivers. 

7 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

As I said on another thread, I think our defenders will perform better if our midfield got their shit together.

I think that's a fair shout. It will be exciting to see how the system works and whether we actually have classic holding midfielders. It will take a while to settle in though but I actually think as a support we will be really supportive if we can just see incremental progress. 

Juan Rom?n Riquelme
30 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

And you know this how?

Yes they’ve been pretty shite but who’s to say they won’t suit the new mans style of play?

Because they're terrible footballers who don't belong at this level. Don't think old Stendel is a miracle worker.

Selkirkhmfc1874
13 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Good thing about it is it's not long until the winter break which will give the new manager some time to get his message across! All about picking up as many points as possible between now and then 

Just now, Juan Rom?n Riquelme said:

Because they're terrible footballers who don't belong at this level. Don't think old Stendel is a miracle worker.

Fair enough. That’s your opinion and I respect that.

I think clean slate is really just the manager gauging players for himself.  As for fans it’ll take some convincing in respect of certain players. 

If he’s got the eye I think he’ll know who can step up and be useful and who’ll just never cut it.  

Maybe it's just the negativity in here for the last wee while that's spurring me the opposite way, but I think we'll see some players completely turn it around and becoming revelations. 

It's based partly on blind hope but also on what I've read and heard about his time at Barnsley and Hannover. These were clubs who had been relegated (or in Hannovers case, a club he took to relegation) so they were in pretty poor places already, with players low on confidence. And the opinion of critics and fans at both clubs is that he completely turned these players around. Players who had been shite were now not shite, and playing with more confidence. 

I have my reservations about Stendel, mainly around his style of play and whether it will work in Scotland. One thing I don't have reservations about, is his ability to get his players performing to their best and giving their all. I don't think we'll see any passengers in his team. 

No problem with that. I have no doubt that some will rise to the challenge and show their true potential  - and some won’t.  Interesting times ahead.

Good post OP, most interesting thing I’m looking forward to is seeing which team will emerge to play this pressing style of football.

Do we have enough of a squad to emulate George Burley’s side, who did get us literally off our seats.

Edited by sac
Spelling

Get behind the new manager,  new coaches and the players. New era thank god. We really all need to pull in the right direction. Some players will improve, some won’t, some will move on.

onwards and upwards.

this season is all about safety. It’s shit but that’s what Levein and co have left us. 

Hmmm. Not me in all honesty.  These wage thieves are paid to play for our famous football club, not just the manager of the team.

Regardless of who is in charge, they should be going out there and giving 100% in every game and to be honest many of them have downed tools.

That’s not only disrespectful to their teammates, the club and the owners but most importantly it shows a complete lack of respect for the fans who pay their wages.

Each and every one of the current squad should be thankful that they have the chance to play for our famous club and should be giving their all each time they do so.

Edited by Swanny17