Clean Slate?

iantjambo

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Anyone who takes to the field in maroon gets second, third or even fourth chances in my eyes.

However you are asking the JKB collective which is a strange concoction of genuine Hearts supporters like me, ****ing idiots from Stalk Hearts, ****ing idiots from .net and ****ing idiots who think they support Hearts but shout abuse at players, call for the head of the the only person to save us when we were well and truly ****ed.

I think you get me meaning.

A genuine Hearts fan like you.

:rofl:

Jambof3tornado

Barnsley fans thought the squad improved each and every one. Still might make a few simply not good enough.

I'm afraid I just dont see Berra getting back to pre injury standards.

Obvious clean slate for everyone but i reckon a lot of them will end up punted if Skendel is as good as he's made out to be. 

Another costly exercise, thank you Craig. 

Pasquale for King

I think he needs the chance to work with the players to see who fits in and who will progress to the levels required. I can’t see him doing anything with the three goalkeepers though, Periera should be returned to Man Utd and sign or loan another GK.

1 hour ago, Sergio said:

Agreed but ffs never a player he knows himself he is shite

Aye apparently Shiteton couldn’t believe it when Hearts signed him. Knows he’s gash and Dundee was his level. 

It's a clean slate for me every time we play. Support the team and whoever else is involved. Doesn't matter what else is going on or what has happened. 

Other people choose to do something else.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Yep. Despite the histrionics from some, it's not a shite squad. A change of style, new ideas in training and different demands could make a world of difference.

As for whether it can work in Scotland, of course it can. He managed it in League One with Barnsley using mostly younger players. We have several internationals and generally a better level of player than they do/did.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Happy to but at this rate the new manager will be appointed after the January window shuts so we'll be stuck with them anyway!

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Happy to but at this rate the new manager will be appointed after the January window shuts so we'll be stuck with them anyway!

:bigyawn:  :yawn:

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Anyone who takes to the field in maroon gets second, third or even fourth chances in my eyes.

However you are asking the JKB collective which is a strange concoction of genuine Hearts supporters like me, ****ing idiots from Stalk Hearts, ****ing idiots from .net and ****ing idiots who think they support Hearts but shout abuse at players, call for the head of the the only person to save us when we were well and truly ****ed.

:laugh:

Such anger!

2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

2 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Clean slate before every single game for me.

I'm in the minority though and best ignored.

We always do! 😂

Even though I think there is a few players that we should never have signed, a clean slate, for all under a new manager seems reasonable to me.

SomethingAboutObua

I think it’s more a case of one good performance from individuals and I’ll reset my view. If Wighton plays well in his first game under him then I’ll give him the clean slate, same for everyone. But if they’re ineffectual or add nothing in the first game, it’ll be hard to keep giving guys like Clare more and more chances to impress.

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Is everyone willing to wipe the slate clean with the players and see how they perform under a new manager?

Or are there players that are beyond Hope?

Personally, I’m willing to give everyone another chance. As much as I want to write off the Wightons and the Clares, I still think they can come good under a new gaffer.

To be honest I think we've seen enough to form strong opinions who's good enough and who isn't. Can't see any shocks (with the exception of Sean Clare in an attacking role) 

All players will start with a clean slate but Levein has clearly lumbered us with some absolute dross.

The squad needs wholesale changes and some are going to have to shape up very quickly or they'll be gone (hopefully).

We need wingers, creative midfielders, full backs, a goalie, a centre half and probably 2 strikers. There are about 10 players that could leave tomorrow and it wouldn't make much difference.

Sad to say this but the new manager will have a decision to make with Berra as well. He's our captain but our 3rd best centre half. How sustainable is that? His form has been poor as well.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Is everyone willing to wipe the slate clean with the players and see how they perform under a new manager?

Personally, I’m willing to give everyone another chance. As much as I want to write off the Wightons and the Clares, I still think they can come good under a new gaffer.

No, those that have been shit for ages are toast.

Nah not for some of them for me. I can accept players being shite if they give 100% week in week out. I can’t accept lack of effort. Bozanic and Clare are the two most spineless ***** I’ve ever seen at the club. Other than that I reckon the rest are saveable. 

4 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

always makes me laugh when people add an s to a footballers name.

Your Maradonnas, your Messis, your Hagis, your Romarios

its a genuinely funny moment

What like Sean Claire’s Accessories you mean? 

He’d be better opening an accessory shop to sell of his old gear as he won’t have any use for it once he’s found out. Won’t make it as a footballer with a chicken heart. Steve MaClean can do one as well and Bozanic couldn’t cross the road never mind a ball. 

I still have my reservations about what players may or may not make it at Hearts but I’ll most definitely give them all a chance to show they belong here. 

7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

always makes me laugh when people add an s to a footballers name.

Your Maradonnas, your Messis, your Hagis, your Romarios

its a genuinely funny moment

Does it aye?

It always makes me laugh when people don’t put full stops at the end of sentences and don’t begin them with capital letters.

Oh and the ‘its’ in your last sentence is missing an apostrophe. That makes me giggle a bit too.

Thanks for your brilliant input in this thread though. 👍🏻

Edited by iantjambo

The Real Maroonblood
57 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Does it aye?

It always makes me laugh when people don’t put full stops at the end of sentences and don’t begin them with capital letters.

Oh and the ‘its’ in your last sentence is missing an apostrophe. That makes me giggle a bit too.

Thanks for your brilliant input in this thread though. 👍🏻

:laugh2:

11 hours ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Yep. Despite the histrionics from some, it's not a shite squad. A change of style, new ideas in training and different demands could make a world of difference.

As for whether it can work in Scotland, of course it can. He managed it in League One with Barnsley using mostly younger players. We have several internationals and generally a better level of player than they do/did.

A load of rubbish 

our players are dog poo

14 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Maybe you should run evening classes on how to support Hearts. Eventually the stands at Tynecastle could become like the Stepford Wives of football.

Dr Ian Malcolm
56 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

A load of rubbish 

our players are dog poo

Actually, yeah, you've convinced me otherwise with such a well researched and thought out argument.

You know for a fact they'll be given 45 minutes, 90 at best before the usual nonsense starts. 

Someone like Sean Clare will take a heavy touch straight after kick off, and some thick-as-mince arseholes will be right on his back. 

I was listening to Gary lineker talking about managers in his podcast the other week. Basically he said it doesn’t matter the quality of the manager if the players are rank. A good manager will get mediocre players playing well. Crappy  players means nothing will change. A new manager will know this. Guaranteed clear out it is then.

August Landmesser

Yep. Clean slate, fresh start, new era etc. Might be like getting an entirely new team. I'm even getting excited about the saint Johnstone match now!

17 hours ago, iantjambo said:

100% 

A new manager can turn sh1t into caviar. 

Clear out required. Some of them can go and find clean slates at other clubs and consider themselves very, very fortunate ever to have played for us in the first place. 

Be ruthless Stendel.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

6 hours ago, tian447 said:

You know for a fact they'll be given 45 minutes, 90 at best before the usual nonsense starts. 

Someone like Sean Clare will take a heavy touch straight after kick off, and some thick-as-mince arseholes will be right on his back. 

Yeah the thick as mince arseholes are all wrong, Clare is a wonderful player if only -

He gets a full pre-season

He gets fully fit

He plays with Naismith

He gets used to Scottish football

He gets used to Edinburgh

He gets more confidence

He gets played in the correct position

Have I missed anything? 🤔