*** Motherwell v Heart of Midlothian official match thread ***

Boof

Not sure how you go about picking a Hearts side these days. Zlamal was alright the other night despite slipping a few times, although probably not his fault.. he just doesn't inspire confidence! But he probably starts. 

Brandon after the Livi game is a starter. Halkett didn't look particularly self-assured. If Hickey is fit he could be considered, but I'd probably go with the same back 4 for some much-needed continuity.

Damour doesn't seem to offer much, so I'd start Whelan and Irving.  I don't see the point in Meshino being on the bench, he needs to start. We also need some players who will dig in - as much as Motherwell play more football than they did previously they can still fight and scrap - so I'd start MacLean and Uche.

So I think i'd go:

Zlamal

Smith

Halkett

Berra

Brandon

Whelan

Irving

Mulraney

Meshino

MacLean

Uche

I think Mulraney on the right could stop Carroll getting forward and Meshino on the left allows him to cut inside.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Morgan

• rick witter

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Austin MacGlee
21 minutes ago, Vansen said:

I thought we would put in a performance on Wednesday as we knew the new manager would probably be taking an Interest.  I, stupidly, thought this might inspire the players to improve their performance. 

Nope! 

Motherwell to win this, sadly, dodgy stomachs or not. 

Sadly this is exactly my thoughts too.

Absolute Scenes
14 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

Not sure how you go about picking a Hearts side these days. Zlamal was alright the other night despite slipping a few times, although probably not his fault.. he just doesn't inspire confidence! But he probably starts. 

Brandon after the Livi game is a starter. Halkett didn't look particularly self-assured. If Hickey is fit he could be considered, but I'd probably go with the same back 4 for some much-needed continuity.

Damour doesn't seem to offer much, so I'd start Whelan and Irving.  I don't see the point in Meshino being on the bench, he needs to start. We also need some players who will dig in - as much as Motherwell play more football than they did previously they can still fight and scrap - so I'd start MacLean and Uche.

So I think i'd go:

Zlamal

Smith

Halkett

Berra

Brandon

Whelan

Irving

Mulraney

Meshino

MacLean

Uche

I think Mulraney on the right could stop Carroll getting forward and Meshino on the left allows him to cut inside.

Agree with all that bar Irvine - I would actually rather Damour than Irvine, that’s how much I rate Irvine. 

Mclean is a good shout, because despite his vast followers of haters, he does score goals. Think he might have more goals than Uche for hearts?

Anything will be a huge bonus.  McPhees last game in the dugout hopefully. 
Id like to say the result depends on Motherwells sickness bug and who is going to miss out, but sadly I don’t think it will matter one bit.

3-0 defeat and the end of a disastrous chapter 

If I played for Motherwell and saw Berra's name on the team sheet I'd fancy a win.

If I played for Heart's and saw Berra's name on the team sheet, id question the intelligence of the caretaker coach and not try a leg.

9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Agree with all that bar Irvine - I would actually rather Damour than Irvine, that’s how much I rate Irvine. 

Mclean is a good shout, because despite his vast followers of haters, he does score goals. Think he might have more goals than Uche for hearts?

I think Uche shades it, but MacLean has a bit of fight and some ability if we can play the ball to feet as opposed to his face.

Definitely scraping the barrel here though.

Maybe on another day Hickey starts, with Smith in midfield instead of Irving. But given how shaky we are at the back Smith has to play at the back.

10 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Any way to watch this online? Off sick from work and don’t mind adding to my misery 

£5.99 for month subscription to Motherwell TV. Not quite as simple to do a one off game as the Partick Thistle website. I wish this was more easier to do in general because I'm happy to throw a few quid at the smaller clubs to watch their online stream (via VPN).

There'll be a free stream from the darker corners though, hopefully.

I don’t like singling out players but the fact we are taking about Maclean being our biggest goal threat just sums everything up. He wouldn’t get a game for any other team in the premiership or even the top clubs in the championship. We are in desperate need for players who score goals and who are a goal threat. Especially a striker! For that reason I think walker plays as he can be a goal threat and meshino has to play, again can provide something different And maybe add some quality going forward if he can get on the ball. We need to at least give ourselves a chance going forward by playing players who can do something. NOT aidy white, he is a defender. 

head says comfortable Motherwell win just down to the fact we just don’t win football matches these days

heart says, sickness bug ruling out some of their players, playing away from home suiting us now due to less pressure from the stands and we actually play all players in their correct positions in a 4-2-3-1 and win the game somehow by scoring one or two goals....

32 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Any way to watch this online? Off sick from work and don’t mind adding to my misery 

It’s on BBC Alba at 6pm if you can avoid the score

23 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Easy tiger, we’ll probably all catch African Sleeping Sickness in a bid to not be outdone on the illness side of things.

pmsl

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Damour ahead of Irving?! 

I agreed with you on MacLean though, he played well at Fir Park earlier this season in a deeper role behind the front man.

45 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

On Hearts TV or later on BBC Alba

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Vansen said:

I thought we would put in a performance on Wednesday as we knew the new manager would probably be taking an Interest.  I, stupidly, thought this might inspire the players to improve their performance. 

Nope! 

Motherwell to win this, sadly, dodgy stomachs or not. 

This. No fight at all.

Bite your hand off for a point right now.

HillmanHearts

Players need to find some guts and fight from somewhere !

Would spread to the fans.

Hope lives eternal ( just about ! )

Uche has to start. Not been great recently but we need to get a foothold in their half. 

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I suspect we will see a defeat and I fear a heavy one.

Mcphee has little coaching ability, players ain’t happy, morale is low and little fight about us. I can’t see a victory and a new manager quick enough. 

Amy result today will be a massive plus. 

An Amy result is always good!   :ruiner:   :glorious:

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Will be a paddlin. Can see something like 3 possibly 4-0. Got 20 on motherwell anyway

More free cash when Hearts play away from home. £30 on well will pay for an afternoon in the boozer. 

1 hour ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

Don’t like a back 3 generally but we’re a better team with Smith in centre defence .

smith must play centrally. Whether it’s a 4 or a 3 he’s just better there.

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

More free cash when Hearts play away from home. £30 on well will pay for an afternoon in the boozer. 

You’re going to have a time to remember with your £22 profit. Where you of to?

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

It’s on BBC Alba at 6pm if you can avoid the score

About bloody time we could watch the games in HD on that channel

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’re going to have a time to remember with your £22 profit. Where you of to?

22 quid goes a long way in Wetherspoons.

21 minutes ago, rick witter said:

‘Sorry sir, the internet connection in this establishment is malfunctioning this afternoon ‘.

:wink: 

Edited by Morgan

6 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

22 quid goes a long way in Wetherspoons.

😀 as long as it’s not that one at the bottom of leith walk. Loads of solo drinkers, sweating into there Tennents watching bbc news 24 with subtitles. Grim as ****.

Whatever the score may be today, one sentence you won't hear is Motherwell nil....

Don't share the optimism of others thinking this lot will raise their game with potential new boss watching. If he watched on Wednesday he's more likely to be  taking in Edinburgh City v Cove.

Hope to be proved wrong though. Mon the JT's

Pereira back in - Bobby injured ?

Smith,Halkett,Berra,Brandon

Whelan & Clare

Walker, Meshino, Mulraney

McLean

--

Silva on bench

How on earth have we reached a stage where MacLean is starting games as our lone striker... it’s like we actually want to get relegated!!

I am resisting the temptation  to say that team is good or bad as I feel it makes no difference to the more than likely pathetic performance I am expecting this afternoon. 

August Landmesser

Wow. An iron-hard midfield there. Ouchy.

Just 90 more minutes to get through until Stendelmas though...

5 AT THE BACK IT IS THEN ..Brandon and Mulraney the wing backs

Whelan and Clare midfield and Walker and co playing more forward

I would have played Uche and kept Maclean on the bench

1 minute ago, farin said:

Both of today’s teams. 

A0A31C80-B205-404D-8C67-8B9EAC0C21F9.thumb.jpeg.f66d0e71134f251cc1856201b7604653.jpeg

MacLean starting. 

Know he scored on Wednesday but just no. ☹️

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

How on earth have we reached a stage where MacLean is starting games as our lone striker... it’s like we actually want to get relegated!!

it sums up the state of our club at the moment. Hopefully I’m proving wrong but that team will be heavily beaten today.

With the team selection it’s like Vlad’s fax machine has started being used again.

Clare and McLean both playing 😂😂😂😂

Handicapped before the match even starts. 
We will get absolutely smashed today!!! 

Who will go off injured today??? 
Guaranteed to be someone. 
Maybe someone will feel ill?? We get illness quite a bit these days. The players all want to play though eh!!!!😳😳

Edited by rick witter