Scottish Cup draw - Airdrie (H)

Smoked-Glass

4 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Remember that this is Clydebank and not Airdrieonians as we know them. I do not recall having any history against the Bankies.  

So we could have a German manager trying to bomb Clydebank out the Cup...😱

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kiwidoug

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

Stephane Grappelli
6 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Remember that this is Clydebank and not Airdrieonians as we know them. I do not recall having any history against the Bankies.  

Funnily enough we played them both in the 1994/95 Cup.  Knocked out Clydebank after a replay, next round beat Rangers who were on their way to 7 league titles in a row, up next the cup holders Dundee Utd in the quarters who we dispatched 2-1 then a ****ing awful semi against Airdrie.  One of the most depressing days as a Hearts fan.

14 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Funnily enough we played them both in the 1994/95 Cup.  Knocked out Clydebank after a replay, next round beat Rangers who were on their way to 7 league titles in a row, up next the cup holders Dundee Utd in the quarters who we dispatched 2-1 then a ****ing awful semi against Airdrie.  One of the most depressing days as a Hearts fan.

It certainly was.  We never got started.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On 24/11/2019 at 20:46, 2205ian said:

Some older posters can remember......

Texaco Cup - Airdrie 0 HMFC 5 with Donald Ford scoring 4 under the floodlights at Broomfield:thumbsup:

I said before my time.  Well I was wrong. Thanks to Hearts museum and London Hearts found out this was the first Hearts goal of my life .

:)

Byyy The Light
On 25/11/2019 at 22:59, Stephane Grappelli said:

Was that the Rangers game Kevin thomas done his knee live on sky?

Stephane Grappelli
On 28/11/2019 at 00:37, Byyy The Light said:

Was that the Rangers game Kevin thomas done his knee live on sky?

It was mate.  4-2 thriller on a Monday night.

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

It was mate.  4-2 thriller on a Monday night.

Remember it well. Great game that, pity it pretty much ruined his career. 

Stephane Grappelli
16 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Remember it well. Great game that, pity it pretty much ruined his career. 

Sorry I'm getting mixed up. Scored against Rangers but did his knee in the quarter final against Dundee Utd.  Also live on TV though on the BBC.

Edited by Stephane Grappelli

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Sorry I'm getting mixed up. Scored against Rangers but did his knee in the quarter final against Dundee Utd.  Also live on TV though on the BBC.

🤔🤔🤔 

Ex member of the SaS
On 25/11/2019 at 18:26, Mikey1874 said:

Home win

3-0

Halkett, Washington, Naismith 

Great post with one exception, Washington scoring? Seriously?

SectionDJambo
On 25/11/2019 at 16:18, Smoked-Glass said:

2008-09 league Cup.  We lost on pens at Tynecastle v airdrie in the 1st round. 

Think it was 0-0

This would be game when our new "dead ball expert", David Obua, missed a penalty?

9 hours ago, JCR said:

Buy buy buy. 

Couldn’t see an add to card option for reserved seats though, odd.  

Got our 3 added to card yesterday, 60p

That semi final in 95 against Airdrie was one of the most depressing I can remember supporting Hearts and the feeling of deflation coming out the ground was horrendous, genuinely didn't think I would ever see us win a trophy after that one. We were not great in the league that season but had beaten Rangers in the cup and in the league at Tynie and had also taken Celtic at home that season. We were poor against some of the lesser teams and dropped some horrendous points throughout the season including Hibs ending the 22 in a row run and staying out the relegation play offs on the last day of the season. However that day at Hampden was the worst, Robbo sent off and we never really looked like scoring from what I can remember. 

Thought Police
28 minutes ago, fatjambo said:

Got our 3 added to card yesterday, 60p

60p?!? Just cost me 75p! Robbing b*******

iwasthere1954
On 06/12/2019 at 14:10, Des Lynam said:

Still seems about £12 overpriced...

Overpriced. I was at the Bristol City v Nottingham Forrest game a couple weeks back. Absolutely shite game ended 0 - 0. Oh and it was £40.00 to get in

Phoned yesterday, reserved my seat and was told that it had been added to my season ticket. Ticket arrived in the post today. 

Not sure what's going on

Edited by inspector

5 minutes ago, ericb said:

Saw something on Twitter yesterday on Gorgie Suite package for £30 but cant find anything on website, anyone know if this is sold out?

Call Hospitality Team

0131 200 7244

1 hour ago, inspector said:

Phoned yesterday, reserved my seat and was told that it had been added to my season ticket. Ticket arrived in the post today. 

Not sure what's going on

Same happened with my 3

been here before

The boy who sits next to me is a bit of a tool-harmless enough but a slavering moaner with a whiney, whingey voice.

As ever for cup games where the initial stages of the sales are ST holders I always like to try and get his seat. Ive managed it a few times and today was no exception he's always ended up I dont know where. I dont really notice a difference in the scenery.

He usually bangs on about "tourists nicking his seat" next home game we're together.

Just to spice things up a bit Ive got my boy in my ST seat.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:06, Thought Police said:

60p?!? Just cost me 75p! Robbing b*******

I got charged 1.50 admin plus 75p to put on card. Ever felt as if you’ve been done ?? 

Thought Police
2 hours ago, inspector said:

Not sure what's going on

1 hour ago, fatjambo said:

Same happened with my 3

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Bought my normal seats yesterday in the shop and received 2 paper tickets.

Mine too. No harm I guess.

Is anyone able to give me any info on when general sale takes place? Am a London based Jambo bringing the wife up for her first Hearts game. Been together 6 years and she still hasn’t seen the famous. 😡

been here before
Just now, Kylejordan said:

Is anyone able to give me any info on when general sale takes place? Am a London based Jambo bringing the wife up for her first Hearts game. Been together 6 years and she still hasn’t seen the famous. 😡

Started this morning. Better be quick though as theres only about 14000 still left.

Just now, been here before said:

Started this morning. Better be quick though as theres only about 14000 still left.

Oh god best hurry up then 😂

• 3 weeks later...

Got my tickets for the game over the weekend taking my girlfriend and daughter looking forward to it daughter first game at tynecastle.

Jambo 4 Ever
On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 18:26, Mikey1874 said:

Home win

3-0

Halkett, Washington, Naismith 

Naismith will be or get injured

been here before
31 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Decent hospitality offer including complimentary bar. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/scottish-cup-hospitality-packages-1

Theres been a few times recently theyve done Family Kids Club thing. Sounds not bad and my wee man would pribably love it but they always announce it too late, after the tickets have been on sale.

We've already got good seats for us both in the centre of the Wheatfield so we'd be essentially be paying another 15 sheets for 2 crappy seats in the Gorgie stand that we'd never use.

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Theres been a few times recently theyve done Family Kids Club thing. Sounds not bad and my wee man would pribably love it but they always announce it too late, after the tickets have been on sale.

We've already got good seats for us both in the centre of the Wheatfield so we'd be essentially be paying another 15 sheets for 2 crappy seats in the Gorgie stand that we'd never use.

That’s unfortunate. 

August Landmesser
9 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Airdrie still give me nightmares of Hampden cup semis. :cornette_dog:

It's ok, that Airdrie are dead now.

This Airdrie is actually Clydebank... which gives me nightmares of spectacularly greasy New Kilbowie pies

been here before
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s unfortunate. 

No skin of my nose really but just feel the club might be missing a bit of a trick there. Instead of paying 30 and 20 with tickets have an option of 20 and 10 without.

Do that kind of deal and Im right in the queue to get my face painted as Spiderman. Might even take the wee man along.