Top Posters In This Topic

• Kiwidoug

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

part_time_jambo
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

It would be at Livi I reckon. 

Their plastic pitch is no better than Broxburn's. Better for spectators though.

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Glasgow Juniors at home or whatever they’re called. 

Imagine the seethe at losing that  :lol:

Just now, EreWeG0.. said:

Imagine the seethe at losing that  :lol:

It’s not even worth contemplating, it would be the worst result in our history. 

Speaking about the scottish cup, hibs women are about to attempt to win it at tynecastle.

Surely things can't get much worse.  Anyway, good luck to the Hibs women.  Hope a good crowd turn up.

As for the men's draw, I'll be scared to look.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Speaking about the scottish cup, hibs women are about to attempt to win it at tynecastle.

Surely things can't get much worse.  Anyway, good luck to the Hibs women.  Hope a good crowd turn up.

I’m here, sitting two rows behind Budge who is sitting next to Shirley Kerr.  There’s your new head coach right there 😂😂😂

:nozal:

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’m here, sitting two rows behind Budge who is sitting next to Shirley Kerr.  There’s your new head coach right there 😂😂😂

I see Hibs are 2-1 down.  Is there a good crowd?

7 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This would not even be a surprise.

😭

Maroon Sailor
14 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

0_lmMW87wdhzte-zAn.png

22 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I see Hibs are 2-1 down.  Is there a good crowd?

3-2 Hibs now.  Great crowd, reckon about 6,000 or so.  

Good game, end to end stuff.

10 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

3123 according to someone on Twitter. A record, apparently.

11 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

That's fantastic.  Tynecastle Park, the place where Edinburgh women's team win trophies in front of record crowds.  Of course, Hibs haven't won it yet but I hope they do.

I'm pretty sure these women didnt want us deid.

Have a ******* word with yourself. 

Having seen your input on the women’s team thread, plus the above line, I have come to the conclusion you are trolling. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

That's fantastic.  Tynecastle Park, the place where Edinburgh women's team win trophies in front of record crowds.  Of course, Hibs haven't won it yet but I hope they do.

I'm pretty sure these women didnt want us deid.

And another one. 

Trolling, hopefully. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have a ******* word with yourself. 

Having seen your input on the women’s team thread, plus the above line, I have come to the conclusion you are trolling. 

You couldn't possibly be further wrong if you tried.

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Anyway, back to the men's team.  Knees somewhat wobbly as the draw approaches.  

Hopefully a favourable draw for the Edinburgh teams. 

alwaysthereinspirit

McBurnies transfer fee can rise to 20 million with certain add ins.

😂

Football transfer markets have again reached the ridiculous.

sorry wrong thread

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I said this on another thread. If Ann thought she could actually get away with it she would appoint Shelley Kerr as our Mens 1st Team Manager.

Anyone know where the draw is being made.  Should have been Tynecstle but I doubt if they would have thought of that.

Celtic v Hibs would improve my mood.

12 minutes ago, leginten said:

On Sportscene, which starts at 7.15.

any idea if the draw is at 7.15 or will it be after the highlights therefore closer to 8?

Just now, Gorgie_Rules said:

any idea if the draw is at 7.15 or will it be after the highlights therefore closer to 8?

No idea. But they’ll probably keep more people watching if they save the suspense for the end.

5 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Do you think that, should Celtic be drawn away to Bonnyrigg Rose in the next round, the game would be played at New Dundas Park? Where would BSC Glasgow host Hibs, should they be paired together? EM might have disdain for lower league clubs in the Scottish Cup, but his point about teams not being able to host matches at home is very pertinent.

I think any club should be allowed to host a game at a higher capacity stadium to maximise as much revenue they can possibly get from the tie. 

Sportscene is an absolutely dreadful football highlights show. Presumably they’ll stick the draw on at the end. I’ll take the risk and tune in at 8.15 rather than put myself through a minute of it. 

19 minutes ago, Barack said:

Play the kids, show the competition no respect, get pumped out, and sort the league position.

You get these posts. 

Take it we should have played the 'kids'  in 2012, 2006, 1998, 1956, 1906, 1901, 1896 and 1891 as well. 

To focus on the league.

25 minutes ago, Barack said:

Play the kids, show the competition no respect, get pumped out, and sort the league position.

We would have a better chance of winning with the kids than the first team. 

4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We would have a better chance of winning with the kids than the first team. 

Yet we pumped st mirren few weeks ago. 

10 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Yet we pumped st mirren few weeks ago. 

Well thank Christ for that. Here’s me sitting thinking we have only won 2 league games with that first team squad and had just lost a game within 15 mins of it starting on Saturday!!! 

20 minutes ago, Barack said:

I've no interest in the competition this year, Mikey. None.

That being said, I'll take my Cup Final ticket like a good standard hypocritical Hearts fan, should the situation arise.👍🏻

A Hearts fan not being interested in the Scottish Cup is one of the most bizarre things I have ever heard. 

Giving it is the most prestigious competition we realistically have a chance in every season and is responsible for three of the most memorable days of our supporting lives.

Gretna reached the final the year they were relegated, Hibs the year they survived relegation the week previous, us last year after being woeful most of the season. Anything can happen in cup football. Besides, the lift of getting a result in the cup/a cup run can be valuable in lifting the support in a relegation battle.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

A Hearts fan not being interested in the Scottish Cup is one of the most bizarre things I have ever heard. 

Giving it is the most prestigious competition we realistically have a chance in every season and is responsible for three of the most memorable days of our supporting lives.

Gretna reached the final the year they were relegated, Hibs the year they survived relegation the week previous, us last year after being woeful most of the season. Anything can happen in cup football. Besides, the lift of getting a result in the cup/a cup run can he valuable in lifting the support in a relegation battle.

Gretna weren't relegated that season but I agree with the post.  Only takes 2 wins to get to the get to the Quarters.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

You'll read more bizarre things on the internet, I wouldn't worry yourself what I think.

In fact, I hope you enjoy the competition. I don't give too ****s about it, in our current condition of instability & lack of leadership.

The 4th round doesn't take place till late January mate.  You never know, we might have sorted this mess out be then.

2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

The 4th round doesn't take place till late January mate.  You never know, we might have sorted this mess out be then.

And regardless, I think we will still be better than most teams in the draw.  

12 minutes ago, kila said:

Sportscene showing both the arsecheeks highlights first, then doing the draw

Probably be around 7:45pm after their lion's share of the airtime.

That is utterly ridiculous 

:seething:

4 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Gretna reached the final the year they were relegated, Hibs the year they survived relegation the week previous, us last year after being woeful most of the season. Anything can happen in cup football. Besides, the lift of getting a result in the cup/a cup run can be valuable in lifting the support in a relegation battle.

You are right, of course. It is the best thing we can realistically win, it is still a wonderful competition and each successive game we play in it is our biggest game of the season - for me, anyway.

But the last time we were in this bad a crisis on the pitch - with a group of youngsters and a 15-point deduction - the Cup clearly wasn’t a priority for the club. While we were probably always going to lose to Celtic, the scale of the defeat still came as a shock.

I hope by the time we play our first round in January, our fears of being involved in a relegation scrap will have eased and we can devote our full attention to making progress in the Cup.