Davie Weir

Last Laff

1 hour ago, Jason Dufner said:

Would be a disgraceful appointment

Think it would be a very good appointment as director of football knows the club and the

expectations also very intelligent 

38 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

So somebody stuck a tenner on him!

Stick a tenner on someone and see what happens. It won’t move them much, if at all.

You've got to imagine he's in the running for SD. He's not got any real managerial experience as a NO1 and I do believe we are determined to get someone with half decent experience as Manager. 

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

At 'corporate' for Edinburgh City v. Albion Rovers tomorrow so hopefully JJ will be in attendance for me to pester for info...discreetly of course.

He is golfing in Portugal 

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN PRESS RELEASE - DECEMBER 2019:

“The club interviewed a number of high calibre candidates but ultimately, after deep reflection, feel the best option is to re-appoint Craig Levein as head coach with immediate effect.”

kingantti1874

David Weir came across as a thoroughly unlikable character during his stint at rangers, and as far as I’ve heard third hand.. never have a shiny shite about hearts when he played for us never mind afterwards.. he also comes across as bland and boring, almost Colin Calderwood level boring. It’s a no from me

35 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

David Weir came across as a thoroughly unlikable character during his stint at rangers, and as far as I’ve heard third hand.. never have a shiny shite about hearts when he played for us never mind afterwards.. he also comes across as bland and boring, almost Colin Calderwood level boring. It’s a no from me

How many times have you been in his company?

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

That's absolute nonsense! He loved his time at hearts and also is a very pleasant approachable guy who's actually very funny and got time for people 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

not once. His stint at rangers absolutely soured my opinion.

Thought so. Yet you give very strong opinions and comments re what kind of person he is without ever having spoken to him or been in his company. 
Very  laudable behaviour. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Thought so. Yet you give very strong opinions and comments re what kind of person he is without ever having spoken to him or been in his company. 
Very  laudable behaviour. 

he undeniably spoke and acted like a prick whilst at the hun. He not qualified to be manager anyway

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

he undeniably spoke and acted like a prick whilst at the hun. He not qualified to be manager anyway

Don’t think anyone but you thinks he is a candidate to be manager. More like SD candidate. 

The chat at the semi final hospitality was Moyes and Weir were the front runners. Obviously a lot happened since then but could be something in it. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think anyone but you thinks he is a candidate to be manager. More like SD candidate. 

the whole thread was about his odds of becoming manager. So 🤷‍♂️

Edited by kingantti1874

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

the whole thread was about his odds of becoming manager. So 🤷‍♂️

Not true, check it out. More posts about SD than manager 🙊

11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Always got that impression about Weir. You imagine if he did get a job with us and did well he would be praying for a call from greyskull

kingantti1874
30 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not true, check it out. More posts about SD than manager 🙊

Your criticising me about offering an opinion on David Weir as manager, when the OP was specifically on the odds of David Weir as manager :rofl:  FFS.. 

this place is bizarre 

kingantti1874
25 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Always got that impression about Weir. You imagine if he did get a job with us and did well he would be praying for a call from greyskull

Exactly mate, always had the impression he was working his ticket 

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I like Weir. I think he would be good to have on board in some capacity. Perhaps better suited to an assistant manager position.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

not once. His stint at rangers absolutely soured my opinion.

he did “go native”

was hugely disappointed as I always thought he was not only a great player but a classy guy when with us

he certainly wasn’t classy when he played against us back in the SPL

Ronald Villiers
On 16/11/2019 at 08:27, kingantti1874 said:

I've been in Davie Weir's company a few times over the years and he's a decent guy.  He's quiet, mild mannered and very intelligent.  He's a Falkirk man but really enjoyed his time at Hearts and thinks a lot of our club.  Hearts gave him the opportunity to make a name for himself and he took it.  I wouldn't mind if he got the SD job.