• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Hectormasson

• Auld Reekin'

Thought Police

Probably the best pedigree out of anyone applying. Barry saying he's very keen on Scotland, but I'd wonder why.

Heard very good reports about him from VfB Stuttgart fans when he was manager there. Very keen on club discipline and player fitness. Didn't work out for him at Fulham, but he did a good job at VfB. If it looks like he's going to be a serious candidate, I can try and find out more about him and his managerial approach. From what I do know about him however, he'd be a good appointment.

5 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Probably the best pedigree out of anyone applying. Barry saying he's very keen on Scotland, but I'd wonder why.

Fancies smashing the old firm duopoly to absolute ******* smithereens and becoming a Gorgie legend.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Heard very good reports about him from VfB Stuttgart fans when he was manager there. Very keen on club discipline and player fitness. Didn't work out for him at Fulham, but he did a good job at VfB. If it looks like he's going to be a serious candidate, I can try and find out more about him and his managerial approach. From what I do know about him however, he'd be a good appointment.

Won the league with wolfsberg as well. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Well certainly fits Mrs Budge criteria of being experienced and high profile ! Very positive if this the calibre of candidate we looking at

Shooter McGavin

Absolute car crash at Fulham but other than that has had a very decent managerial career. Plenty of pedigree behind him.

Numerous Bundesliga titles to his name and 3 times German manager of the year. 

Edited by Shooter McGavin

Just now, benny said:

Was he not a flop at Fulham.

As I said, didn't work out for him there, but his record in the Bundesliga was pretty good.

Always suspicious that managers like him use vacant posts like ours to publicise their name, when they have no interest at all in becoming manager. Then again apparently he has always wanted to manage in Scotland and applied for the Rangers job in 2015. Certainly be my pick at this stage

Edited by jambogaza

Some weird stories on his antics at Fulham.

Cheese on injuries, hill runs on day before match, injured players to call their mum's night before games.

Fulham lost a game, on way home on coach they stopped off at training pitch and he made the players stand in their formation on the pitch for an hour.

Sounds as mad as Romanov.

I always remember Sir Alex stating in an interview that when considering his successor, you would look at his CV to see what he had won.  He then backtracked and was instrumental in the appointment of someone who had never looked like winning anything.

Magath is the opposite.  I certainly will be optimistic if he gets the nod.

SpruceBringsteen

This is why the old "WELL YOU WOULD YOU PICK?" question is so moronic. If anyone last week had said Felix Magath they'd have been laughed out the thread. 

1 minute ago, JamboSpur said:

Cheese on injuries, hill runs on day before match, injured players to call their mum's night before games.

Fulham lost a game, on way home on coach they stopped off at training pitch and he made the players stand in their formation on the pitch for an hour.

Haha that's brilliant. 

A strict loony is what we need!

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Perfect fit for us then.

Is it a worry that he hasn't worked since 2017 and probably hasn't had a job of note since leaving Wolfsburg in 2012?  All from Wiki, I know little of him.

Worry is he's yesterday's man, looking at that alone.

I guess the dream with someone like him is he comes in and Ranieris the thing.  Some similarities.  Ranieri was left a good squad by Pearson, who was a pretty unpopular character.  Similar to us.  Squad is good, been mis-managed... old head, bit of character, gets them doing the right things efficiently, older heads in squad leading on the pitch....

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

66 years old, hasn’t managed a real club for five years and that last one was a complete failure at Fulham. Why? 

To be fair he managed in China till two years ago. May have just been for the cash but it’s still a proper job. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

To be fair he managed in China till two years ago. May have just been for the cash but it’s still a proper job. 

Think he was at Shandong for 7 months. Only job since Fulham. Could be wrong though depends on which site you pick up data from 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, jambokev said:

He could get on great working with Pereira then we'd have Felix the cat.

That's good

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think he was at Shandong for 7 months. Only job since Fulham. Could be wrong though depends on which site you pick up data from 

👍 was going by wiki so could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Based on other data could have been 18 months at Shandong. Only been in a job 3.5 of last 8+ years. 
Hard to believe he is anything more than yesterday’s man given many on here believe we just fired a 55 year-old dinosaur! 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Based on other data could have been 18 months at Shandong. Only been in a job 3.5 of last 8+ years. 
Hard to believe he is anything more than yesterday’s man given many on here believe we just fired a 55 year-old dinosaur! 

Sounds fair.  I know next to nothing about him. 

ScandinavianJambo
21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

66 years old, hasn’t managed a real club for five years and that last one was a complete failure at Fulham. 

This

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’d put a tenner on Hearts being relegated if we appoint Magath. 

Yeah. I'm not sure he's what we need. Both him and his team would push our wage bracket as far as it can go with their salarys andI don't think we can afford any mistakes here. 

I liked Austins approach to the St Mirren game, but obviously that isn't sustainable long term (you can't take the team away every week). I'm keen to see how the November games go. I think that absolute hammering we finally dished out has bought him a bit of rope with some of the fans. If he can replicate this again when we play Killie and not lose to rangers I think he's certainly got a claim. 

What must come first is the appointment of the sporting director - hopefully Brian McClair or Mark Wotte. After that I think we're in a better position to interview prospective managers. If Austin does well we can drag that process out and be sure we're appointing the right man. Obviously there is a bit of the bounce effect which happens most of the time after a manager is replaced so seeing how Macphee gets on once that goes and he has to face adversity is what I'm keen to see. Trying not to get too caught up in the weekends result. 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

So this "him being mad"thing is a new thing?or was he mad when he was winning Bundesligas with bayern and Wolfsburg?

Find out for yourself what players, staff and chairman alike think of Felix Magath, the most universally hated man in football. 

https://atthematch.com/article/how-not-to-manage-by-felix-magath

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/oct/08/bundesliga-felix-magath-wolfsburg

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/hoeness-blasts-magath-training-methods

Shooter McGavin

3 x Bundesliga titles.

2 x German cup.

1 x German League cup.

3 x German Football Manager of the Year awards.

But aye he’s a bit daft....

StirlingJambo
27 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Is it a worry that he hasn't worked since 2017 and probably hasn't had a job of note since leaving Wolfsburg in 2012?  All from Wiki, I know little of him.

Worry is he's yesterday's man, looking at that alone.

I guess the dream with someone like him is he comes in and Ranieris the thing.  Some similarities.  Ranieri was left a good squad by Pearson, who was a pretty unpopular character.  Similar to us.  Squad is good, been mis-managed... old head, bit of character, gets them doing the right things efficiently, older heads in squad leading on the pitch....

Would be a very good signing if we got him. He has won the Bundesliga, none of the other names getting thrown about come anywhere near that.

Apparently we’ve received over 30 applications for the job. He fits the bill that Ann’s looking for. Whether he’d be a success is a different story. I’d be interested to know who else has applied. 

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

3 x Bundesliga titles.

2 x German cup.

1 x German League cup.

3 x German Football Manager of the Year awards.

But aye he’s a bit daft....

It's crazy folk want Hughes or Keane though.

Not advocating Felix myself though.I honestly have no idea who would be our fit.

The Old Tolbooth
25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

From Shandong to Tynecastle is only a 5 minute walk, no wonder he's interested ;) 

By the way, he'd make Roy Keane look like a pussy cat! The man is as hard as nails on players. 

4 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Apparently we’ve received over 30 applications for the job. He fits the bill that Ann’s looking for. Whether he’d be a success is a different story. I’d be interested to know who else has applied. 

Only 30?