Felix Magath

Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

From Shandong to Tynecastle is only a 5 minute walk, no wonder he's interested ;) 

By the way, he'd make Roy Keane look like a pussy cat! The man is as hard as nails on players. 

Probably why he has only had success in Germany where the work ethic and proffesionalism will be so much higher.For him to be a success everybody would completely have to buy into it and put in the work.

Edited by vegas-voss

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Hectormasson

• Beast Boy

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah. I'm not sure he's what we need. Both him and his team would push our wage bracket as far as it can go with their salarys andI don't think we can afford any mistakes here. 

I liked Austins approach to the St Mirren game, but obviously that isn't sustainable long term (you can't take the team away every week). I'm keen to see how the November games go. I think that absolute hammering we finally dished out has bought him a bit of rope with some of the fans. If he can replicate this again when we play Killie and not lose to rangers I think he's certainly got a claim. 

What must come first is the appointment of the sporting director - hopefully Brian McClair or Mark Wotte. After that I think we're in a better position to interview prospective managers. If Austin does well we can drag that process out and be sure we're appointing the right man. Obviously there is a bit of the bounce effect which happens most of the time after a manager is replaced so seeing how Macphee gets on once that goes and he has to face adversity is what I'm keen to see. Trying not to get too caught up in the weekends result. 

No idea why this post triggered it but who was the guy who used to work for us during the Romanov era who also worked for the SFA and then Rangers and became part of the EBT scandal?

Relatively senior guy. It's driving me mad trying to remember.

10 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

3 x Bundesliga titles.

2 x German cup.

1 x German League cup.

3 x German Football Manager of the Year awards.

But aye he’s a bit daft....

Same era and generation as SAF and Wenger. Sadly both now past it and yesterday’s men. Hard to believe Magath is anything different. 
would take either of the first two as sporting Director if they were interested though. 

41 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Some weird stories on his antics at Fulham.

Cheese on injuries, hill runs on day before match, injured players to call their mum's night before games.

Fulham lost a game, on way home on coach they stopped off at training pitch and he made the players stand in their formation on the pitch for an hour.

Sounds as mad as Romanov.

if true then no way would we want him.

10 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Has scored twice at Tynecastle.

Him and Kurt Eigl took us apart in 1976 ECWC home and away and went on to lift the trophy.

Just now, Taffin said:

No idea why this post triggered it but who was the guy who used to work for us during the Romanov era who also worked for the SFA and then Rangers and became part of the EBT scandal?

Campbell Ogilvie ?

Just now, OTT said:

Campbell Ogilvie ?

That's the one. Cheers.

Apologies for taking the thread of topic.

Magath? Why not, if nothing else it would be entertaining.

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Probably why he has only had success in Germany where the work ethic and proffesionalism will be so much higher.For him to be a success everybody would completely have to buy into it and put in the work.

That makes sense to me which is why I can't see it working, the last person to try and instill discipline into a Scottish football club was Paul Le Guen, and look what happened to him. 

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Campbell Ogilvie. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

That makes sense to me which is why I can't see it working, the last person to try and instill discipline into a Scottish football club was Paul Le Guen, and look what happened to him. 

We don’t have many that many Scots and guys like Berra and Naismith would surely help the squad to adapt. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Prefer to go for Stendel or keep MacPhee until the end of the season to prove himself.

Better than Keane or Davie Moyes though. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

From Shandong to Tynecastle* is only a 5 minute walk, no wonder he's interested ;) 

:joker:  :jambobanana:  :fonzie:

(* Was that not the name of a JKB members book, a wee while back...?   :huh: )

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Same era and generation as SAF and Wenger. Sadly both now past it and yesterday’s men. Hard to believe Magath is anything different. 
would take either of the first two as sporting Director if they were interested though. 

10 and 4 years younger than them, respectively. Both were still massively successful and at the top of their game when his age.

Devils advocate and all that.

3 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Aye sadly agree

Pasquale for King

It would be interesting, good to see the quality of applicants considering we were asked who could we get, how much it would cost and nobody would want the job.

15 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

There is enough red flags for me and also has a 1% share in Rangers. No and thanks for your application.

54 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Some weird stories on his antics at Fulham.

Cheese on injuries, hill runs on day before match, injured players to call their mum's night before games.

Fulham lost a game, on way home on coach they stopped off at training pitch and he made the players stand in their formation on the pitch for an hour.

Sounds as mad as Romanov.

I'm in! 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Was just about to post this ha ha! :lol: 

Having read more about Felix maybe Neil would be a better option 🤷🏾‍♂️😃

39 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

3 x Bundesliga titles.

2 x German cup.

1 x German League cup.

3 x German Football Manager of the Year awards.

But aye he’s a bit daft....

He'd be a real coup if we played in the Bundesliga !

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

He'd be a real coup if we played in the Bundesliga !

Anyone in Scotland with anything near that record is 100% rangers or celtic, so if we want a "winner" it will need to be from another country, unfortunately. 

Brighton Jambo

As poster above has already outlined there was some highly eccentric stories coming out from Fulham and he apparently totally lost the dressing room.  It’s a definite no thanks from me.  

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Hmmm... doesn't make good reading, right enough. Mebbies naw, then.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Anyone in Scotland with anything near that record is 100% rangers or celtic, so if we want a "winner" it will need to be from another country, unfortunately. 

maybe so but not someone Rangers turned away in favor of Stuart bloody McCall

Bridge of Djoum

He obviously has pedigree, but seems a bit bonkers and would more than likely alienate players. I don't think he'd be here long and we'd eventually need to pay up the healthy contract he'd no doubt ask for.

No from me. 

Folk turning their nose up, much like the players we sign... If we'd got him ten years ago on the back of three bundesligas he wouldn't even be in the same footballing universe...

It's great to even hear these sort of high profile candidates linked with the job.makes me optimistic about future appointment.

But any coach we go for will have some questions marks over them, if they were riding the crest of a wave we wouldn't be in with a chance otherwise.

1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

This is why the old "WELL YOU WOULD YOU PICK?" question is so moronic. If anyone last week had said Felix Magath they'd have been laughed out the thread. 

That question is mainly moronic because it doesn't actually make any sense in English! 😃

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Heriot_jambo said:

maybe so but not someone Rangers turned away in favor of Stuart bloody McCall

Fair point. 

Bazzas right boot

We'd either be double winners next season or relegated. 

Seems like he would be unbelievable or a complete wipe out. 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Folk turning their nose up, much like the players we sign... If we'd got him ten years ago on the back of three bundesligas he wouldn't even be in the same footballing universe...

It's great to even hear these sort of high profile candidates linked with the job.makes me optimistic about future appointment.

But any coach we go for will have some questions marks over them, if they were riding the crest of a wave we wouldn't be in with a chance otherwise.

I agree 

Thinking about it for abit.. wage demands no issue (a big factor if the EEN is to be believed) having worked with and done well with high calibre players (he has a great CV and has had success) plus he can use his experience to help our younger player (this is what you achieve etc) he is a legitimate and high profile candidate

3 bundesliga's for goodness sake, you're not going to be unhappy if he's appointed and youd take him over boring Warnock anyday too..

Another think the Bundesliga is highly technical, we could see attractive structured football

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

From Shandong to Tynecastle is only a 5 minute walk, no wonder he's interested ;) 

By the way, he'd make Roy Keane look like a pussy cat! The man is as hard as nails on players. 

Chortle!

9 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

He's the best of the names being thrown about, anyway. 

You think he has a Scoobie what the wages would be ?

2 hours ago, benny said:

Was he not a flop at Fulham.

Name a manager that hasn't flopped/failed on our budget? There aren't many and it shouldn't be the only thing you look at.

There is a reason he is the only name leaked. He or his agent have done so and with the sole reason for self publicity.

Similar to why Harry Kewell turned up at the Hibs game with a notepad.

A good manager doesn’t need the marketing campaign.

Gives me confidence there will be decent CVs in there though.

Big Felix is a no from me

This is a man who has managed to win one of the major leagues in Europe with an unfashionable club. That by itself merits serious consideration. What more do we want?