*** Heart of Midlothian v Rangers (League Cup Semi Final) Official Match Thread ***

kila

Absolutely dire...after watching that, I fully believe the other poster that noted McPhee has had a large part to play with respect to our tactics historically.

Literally nothing whatsoever in the final third...Wighton and McLean complete wastes of a jersey.

Mcphee should be nowhere near the Managers position when a decision is made, we need a mass clear out of the Coaching and Fitness Staff.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Bazzas right boot

• Morgan

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

If we had everyone fit how many of these players would make it into the outfield starting 10 I reckon two, Smith and Hickey.  

I would include Whelan but he’s gone off.  So I reckon two out of 10.  

Yip definitely 6 or 7.

Nothing will change until these players Come back. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Sure there was a referees whistle blown as the cross came in for the goal.

Our players just stood there expecting offside.

Anyone able to replay the goal and confirm?

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Starting Maclean over Uche was a mistake. 

It's cost us either Walker or Naismith coming on. 

No Irving having to come on has.

1 minute ago, AW1 said:

I hope Bozanic never pulls on a Hearts shirt ever again. He has been beyond bad

Only ever seems to pass it backwards 

Utter pish. Same shite hoofball tactics. More injuries. Pish goals conceded. 

Hopefully a new manager can sort this pile of gash out.

It should have been ten
Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

If we had everyone fit how many of these players would make it into the outfield starting 10 I reckon two, Smith and Hickey.  

I would include Whelan but he’s gone off.  So I reckon two out of 10.  

This but seems to have been forgotten here on muppet central.

A_A wehatethehibs

Get the remaining coaches and physios all cleared out, every last member of the Levein first team backroom cleared out - starting with McPhee first thing Monday morning, hand over the caretaker reigns to Gary Locke. 

Francis Albert
Just now, DarioHMFC said:

We’re behind, we need to come out all guns blazing in the second half. 

Not all guns blazing. That would just invite a massacre. Find an attacking threat yes.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, Coco said:

That should be that for MacLean.  Preposterous stuff from him right from the start of the game.

Hopefully he will be frozen out now and we can all forget about one of our worst ever strikers

Hopefully along with one of our worst every assistants 

The Future's Maroon

That was a murder watch, major changes tactically required, who do we risk though, Walker or Naisy?

2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

We don't have any guns.  I can't see where a goal will come from with this team.

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

Absolutely dire...after watching that, I fully believe the other poster that noted McPhee has had a large part to play with respect to our tactics historically.

Literally nothing whatsoever in the final third...Wighton and McLean complete wastes of a jersey.

Mcphee should be nowhere near the Managers position when a decision is made, we need a mass clear out of the Coaching and Fitness Staff.

Spot on 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Not one shot on or off target in 45 mins. 

Embarrassing

We did at the end, half chance for Uche. 

Diabolical 45 minutes of football by us. But we’re only 1 down. We will have a good spell in the game, however short we need to make it count 

There simply has to be some realism. People blamed Levein for not doing better against sides Hearts have a budget advantage over. But then the same people don't see that it's going to be an almighty uneven struggle against a side who dwarf that budget advantage.

Just have a go isn't a strategy. Hearts have been sitting deep trying to break up play and stay on level terms because there is no alternative given the gulf in class.

This isn't about managers or strategies it's about players and they have the better players all over the pitch.

That's exactly why they are where they are in the league and in Europe not because they 'have a go' 

It's still not beyond recovery.

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, jockmac said:

Desperately negative stuff.

Sean Clare is doing his hiding act again

Oi....boy needs more time on pitch... and cuddles. 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

That was a murder watch, major changes tactically required, who do we risk though, Walker or Naisy?

To be honest i would only bring either of them on if we get back to 1-1 and have a chance to win. Otherwise why risk bringing them on to get injured 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

1 minute ago, everton_jambo said:

We must be one of the best sides at working the ball back to our own keeper from threatening attacking positions

yep

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

😂😂😂😂😂

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

I don’t think we have the guns capable to do that.  McPhee will need to decide which one of Walker or Naismith to put on at some point and hope nobody else gets injured. Likely whichever ever one is fitter I suppose.

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Embarrassing

Did you miss Uche's dig from edge of the box?!

Not the point as we have been piss poor and no attacking threat, must change.

1 minute ago, everton_jambo said:

We must be one of the best sides at working the ball back to our own keeper from threatening attacking positions

Then he hoofs it aimlessly up the park.

This is a brutal watch.

I cant wait for Connor Smith, McDonald, Cochrane to be in the team as by god, we need some footballers.

Just now, JFK-1 said:

There simply has to be some realism. People blamed Levein for not doing better against sides Hearts have a budget advantage over. But then the same people don't see that it's going to be an almighty uneven struggle against a side who dwarf that budget advantage.

Just have a go isn't a strategy. Hearts have been sitting deep trying to break up play and stay on level terms because there is no alternative given the gulf in class.

This isn't about managers or strategies it's about players and they have the better players all over the pitch.

That's exactly why they are where they are in the league and in Europe not because they 'have a go' 

It's still not beyond recovery.

Or you could play your striker that gives you an out ball and wreaked havoc with this same rangers team just two weeks ago. Brainless

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Get the remaining coaches and physios all cleared out, every last member of the Levein first team backroom cleared out - starting with McPhee first thing Monday morning, hand over the caretaker reigns to Gary Locke. 

Gary ****ing Locke deary me no thanks.

Just now, iantjambo said:

Grim reading :(

773604F2-8F77-47DE-A71F-16FC91EE8B36.png

And I bet our keeper has had about 30% of that 40 with all the bloody passbacks 🤬

I didn’t think Rangers looked like scoring? We dealt with everything easily, but someone has switched off. Only a goal down. You never know, their defence is woeful, so we need to make sure we make any chances count.

Plenty of folk expecting us to turn into Barca in two days. Keeping it tight was really our only ootion, however it would be nice if Clare, bosanic, meshino actually looked like they want to be involved at some point. Naismith to come on and do his hamstring

Is Sean Clare even playing??? Dreadful as usual, contributes nothing again. Starting frontline that was baffling and idiotic, played right into the Huns hands. 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Embarrassing

Yes there was. I mean it is bad enough without exaggerating. As Craig would have said one shot on target in 45 mins against Rangers is progress over one in 90 minutes against St J

5 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Dont even have empty pistol

I’m honestly embarrassed we played Maclean. 

You would be better off playing any half decent forward from the junior leagues.

Im deadly serious.