• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

The important thing here is he is working with a very good manager. A bit like Cathro working with a very good manager at Wolves.

It would only work if we got a very good manager. Will we ?

Time will tell if will.

4 minutes ago, pointon said:

At this rate he will be doing both roles for a good while 

We are 3 weeks into AB’s 4-6 weeks timeframe for employing a new manager.

After a couple of weeks of interviews you’d have to say we are close now to an appointment.

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

If he gets something well done to him, not up to us to decide

Foreign manager to me sounds like Stendel 

It could be no one the press has caught onto.Wuite a lot of the time a name comes from nowhere the last few days then they have the job.

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We are 3 weeks into AB’s 4-6 weeks timeframe for employing a new manager.

After a couple of weeks of interviews you’d have to say we are close now to an appointment.

Here’s hoping 🤞🏻

12 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

The time it is taking to get someone in is ridiculous. Budge should have known there was no way back for Levein and should have at the very least had an idea of what type of manager she wanted. There is no forward planning here whatsoever. This isn’t an office job she is recruiting for. Look how quickly It has taken the likes of Hibs, Spurs, Cardiff etc. Time in football is a lot different to other areas of business.

She has her own way of doing things. I do think criticism of the time it’s taking is valid but she has earned the right to do things the way she feels comfortable with.

if I’m honest, the biggest criticism of her I’ve ever had was the time it took to get rid of CL in the first place. Now he’s gone we all just need to be patient. She said 4-6 weeks so could just be days away now.

Edited by GinRummy

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:spoton: 

This is the problem with having no recognised ceo with a football background. All the clubs listed above who have appointed new managers since levein went have one. 

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It could be no one the press has caught onto.Wuite a lot of the time a name comes from nowhere the last few days then they have the job.

Well, we have our informed poster that says he's on the boards list. And he's popular with the fans

We shall see as you say 

1 hour ago, ericb said:

The style Naismith had us playing against St Mirren minus the comedy defending.

If it were that simple we should have just kept Levein in charge? Or better still, save a wage and not have a manager at all?

Holyrood_Hearts
2 hours ago, bistokid said:

Hibs, Stoke, MK dons, Cardiff have all sacked and replaced their managers since levein left... 

All these clubs are doing it wrong rushing into an appointment. They should in fact be following our example & waiting a few weeks to get the right man.....

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Levein lost about 5 players during a bad run and many wanted (got) him sacked

We are currently without 2 CBs (Souttar and Halkett) and a star striker (Washington) as well as a star MF (Haring) not to mention the recently returned Walker and Naismith.

Not saying Stendel is a good or bad manager but.....

Levein lost players down to injury he was fully backed by budge every transfer window we got rid of players and more came in. 

Not really fair to compare them stendel lost his back four goalkeeper star striker Kieffer Moore and more players were Brought in but everyone had to be under the age of 24 as the club wanted to go down the route of buying young players and selling them on for profit. 

Stendel pleaded with the board that he needed a mix of experienced players to survive in the championship the board denied this request, would we have the sort of problem with the likes of Naisy Christophe and Whelo don't think so also they made a £2.75m profit through players sales to me that is absolutely criminal when you are trying to stay up in the championship in your first season. 

Ultimately I'm glad we have an owner that has backed every single coach / manager we have had this in my opinion will be a major pull for anyone interested in coming to us she may not get everything right in my opinion but one thing I can't fault her with is backing her managers when it's time to show the money she has kept to her word everytime 👏🇱🇻💵👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The decline has been 2 seasons! Target was minimum 4th set by mrs Budge and we came 6th both times and for that failure she rewarded it with pay rise and more money for transfers ! We've become a club that accepts failure and rubbish football 

So have the injuries.

It is not really about injuries though.  I was merely pointing out that an excuse was being made for Stendel missing 3 players when we have missed many more.  It was more about double standards, when it suits.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Pay sweeties you get buttons. 

Is that who Jack Ross is in Panto this year???

37 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

The time it is taking to get someone in is ridiculous. Budge should have known there was no way back for Levein and should have at the very least had an idea of what type of manager she wanted. There is no forward planning here whatsoever. This isn’t an office job she is recruiting for. Look how quickly It has taken the likes of Hibs, Spurs, Cardiff etc. Time in football is a lot different to other areas of business.

Agree with this. Ann of course painted herself into a corner having Craig as Board Director, Sporting Director and Manager all at once. Spurs changeover of managers has been close to textbook similar to ours when we had JJ lined up. Normally a CEO has the groundwork done before they sack a manager BUT normally they have trusted allies internally and sometimes externally doing the 'set-up' work quietly behind the scenes. Everywhere Ann turned in a football sense there was only Craig Levein and that of course was the ultimate problem. Hence why she's got a standing start. That said I'd be expecting to see our new  manager in place by next weekend's game. 

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I don’t think Robinson fits with what the majority want. Stendel is debatable too.

Hence the 6-8/10.

The longer this drags on the more i think McPhee is going to be the manager - i know the bookies odds DON'T ALWAYS reflect the way it will pan out but McPhee IS favourite now -yesterday the odds on Pochettino being the next Premier League manager to leave the position were being cut all day then bingo away he went 

MarkDevriesScores4

I don’t really get why folk are getting their knickers in a twist. League wise, this season is a write-off. I have little concerns about being in a relegation battle and we’re pretty unlikely to reach 3rd. I’d rather they took time to get the right manager. Jack Ross wasn’t the right guy for us and I’m not convinced he’ll do much at Hibs either. If we take time and get the wrong person then I will understand the criticism but until then, I’m in no mad rush to be honest.

While I can understand the frustration, I feel it myself, the situation at Hearts is different from other clubs who have changed managers recently. I think there is a realisation at board level that they have made a series of mistakes culminating in the worst mistake of all, appointing one person as a manager and DoF. They have decided to keep a similar structure which means appointing 2 people to the most important jobs on the playing side at one time. Critically, the SD will be expected to be a genuine long term appointment who would develop overall football strategy at the club and lead any future management appointments. This would avoid the stasis we are currently seeing due to lack of footballing knowledge on the board in the future.

The pressure is clearly really on Budge and the board and it would seem they are taking their time to get it right. That is fair enough but when they do come up with the SD and the manager it needs to be a decision that makes sense with a clear cohesive vision of how they can work in partnership to develop the playing side. 

Edited by Jodami

5 minutes ago, rory78 said:

The longer this drags on the more i think McPhee is going to be the manager - i know the bookies odds DON'T ALWAYS reflect the way it will pan out but McPhee IS favourite now -yesterday the odds on Pochettino being the next Premier League manager to leave the position were being cut all day then bingo away he went 

Yeah but Sky have a lot of contacts in the EPL, they knew Mourinho was getting the job about half an hour after Poch was gone.

Up here they don't have many contacts, especially outside Glasgow. And don't care much either probably. Not enough money in the betting.

Odds are short on MacPhee only because if he takes 10 games as caretaker then they need to pay out

Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I don’t really get why folk are getting their knickers in a twist. League wise, this season is a write-off. I have little concerns about being in a relegation battle and we’re pretty unlikely to reach 3rd. I’d rather they took time to get the right manager. Jack Ross wasn’t the right guy for us and I’m not convinced he’ll do much at Hibs either. If we take time and get the wrong person then I will understand the criticism but until then, I’m in no mad rush to be honest.

I think you may be in a minority in having no concern if we are fighting relegation this season.

A minority of one I hope.

Top six finish is an absolute minimum.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, gjcc said:

😂

Guys played a blinder. Panto season off work but still getting paid. 

Been neigh bother for him at all 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Jodami said:

While I can understand the frustration, I feel it myself, the situation at Hearts is different from other clubs who have changed managers recently. I think there is a realisation at board level that they have made a series of mistakes culminating in the worst mistake of all, appointing one person as a manager and DoF. They have decided to keep a similar structure which means appointing 2 people to the most important jobs on the playing side at one time. Critically, the SD will be expected to be a genuine long term appointment who would develop overall football strategy at the club and lead any future management appointments. This would avoid the stasis we are currently seeing due to lack of footballing knowledge on the board in the future.

The pressure is clearly really on Budge and the board and it would seem they are taking their time to get it right. That is fair enough but when they do come up with the SD and the manager it needs to be a decision that makes sense with a clear cohesive vision of how they can work in partnership to develop the playing side. 

Which is exactly what Austin MacPhee iterated prior to the St Mirren game 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
26 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Everything depends on the final choice but it’s easy to see why people lack confidence in Budge to get this right. Her indecision over Levein was inexcusable and it’s made me seriously question how much she understands the game.

This latest stuff about Stendel - surely we haven’t just approached him in the last couple of days? If we were interested then we should have gone to him immediately and found out about his financial situation then.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Which is exactly what Austin MacPhee iterated prior to the St Mirren game 

He just says whatever tbf

Shanks said no

Skybet favourites at 12:40

Austin MacPhee

5/2

Daniel Stendel

3/1

Neil Warnock

7/2

Stuart McCall

7/2

Paul Ince

6/1

Steve Robinson

8/1

Alan Irvine

10/1

Note - Caretaker and interim managers completing at least 10 competitive games will be deemed the permanent manager

Governor Tarkin

3 hours ago, ericb said:

The style Naismith had us playing against St Mirren minus the comedy defending.

It's a reasonable question to ask, but I'll give the Hippy the benefit of the doubt for now.

If he does have us rag-dolling teams in his time in charge I still can't see him getting the gig. Folk won't stand for Budge's "down the corridor" chat a second time, even if McAustin does turn out to be the right guy after all.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He just says whatever tbf

You are a bit biased against him tbf :)

This time next week would like to think we will have our outcome, and put it to bed

32 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Everything depends on the final choice but it’s easy to see why people lack confidence in Budge to get this right. Her indecision over Levein was inexcusable and it’s made me seriously question how much she understands the game.

This latest stuff about Stendel - surely we haven’t just approached him in the last couple of days? If we were interested then we should have gone to him immediately and found out about his financial situation then.

Ah the old 'understanding the game nonsense'

Nice to see some still live in the good old days

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Ok here is a question. Is Stendel good enough to wait for?

Would we accept MacPhee on interim

basis until end of season or let’s say winter break so that Stendel’s compo comes down?

Stendel wouldn’t “officially” work for us until then but he could attend games, get up to speed with the players, Scottish football etc 

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

basis until end of season or let’s say winter break so that Stendel’s compo comes down?

Stendel wouldn’t “officially” work for us until then but he could attend games, get up to speed with the players, Scottish football etc 

I would be astonished if anyone except a manager at the very end of his career would accept that arrangement never mind someone as obviously ambitious as MacPhee. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I would be astonished if anyone except a manager at the very end of his career would accept that arrangement never mind someone as obviously ambitious as MacPhee. 

Or MacPhee manages on interim basis with it agreed he becomes SD after Stendel officially appointed.

Warnock until end of season with Stendel taking over then?

I guess the question is - how much do we rate Stendel but what if we can’t afford him now?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

No not for me because we need manager in now asap to assess things before the transfer window opens and to get his message across ie the way he wants to play etc

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No not for me because we need manager in now asap to assess things before the transfer window opens and to get his message across ie the way he wants to play etc

Couldn’t that happen unofficially?

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Or MacPhee manages on interim basis with it agreed he becomes SD after Stendel officially appointed.

That is certainly a possibility. A lot depends on what MacPhee wants, Budge seems keen to keep him but I don't think he has enough experience to take over as manager. He is a bright guy who we probably haven't utilised to his full potential but by the same token we are not a test lab to see how to maximise what we get out of him. If he goes, he goes and we move on. 

9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We wouldn't have to pay any compensation.....

Stendel was fired from Barnsley so is free to do as he pleases .

He will have got his pay off from them already

kingantti1874

If we don’t take Stendel now someone else will, he Barnsley contract won’t be that much. Say at worst 4 k per week( he won’t be on that I wouldn’t think)  6 months left on contract - that’s circa £100k .. and Barnsley would be delighted to get him off payroll. 

we are apparently happy to pay &120k for Robinson 

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Talks about drunken logic. 

From the man who told everyone that rangers losing that final would DESTROY them. 

Best ignored as an oddity imo

will do. thanks.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If we don’t take Stendel now someone else will, he Barnsley contract won’t be that much. Say at worst 4 k per week( he won’t be on that I wouldn’t think)  6 months left on contract - that’s circa £100k .. and Barnsley would be delighted to get him off payroll. 

My feelings exactly, if he is the preferred candidate, go and get him now

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Stop it with the sensible posts bud. It'll never catch on. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Seems he is our key target - Barnsley will want him off their payroll but how much of a haircut will he be prepared to take? 

I assume because Barnsley are tight that him receiving a wage instead of a lump sum payment is his compo not just a gardening leave thing which is resolved because they now have a new manager.

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, mitch41 said:

So that’s where you hang out at the end of a local bar where you have become an authority on old drunks.

Football is all about opinions but you try to make it personal which is Pathetic.

I've 

I'm saying I don't agree at all with your logic. 

I wouldn't mind Stendel, but your logic is flawed imo, sorry if if caused offence, thought you were more robust than to take offence at my Comparison. 

Forget there are delicate flowers about. 

What about my questions?