Odds on next manager

DB-14

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Think someone on here removed the cup games. 

Stendel was then higher. 

5 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Heckingbottom at Barnsley - 36% win rate.

Stendel at Barnsley - 47% win rate. 

👍

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

10 minutes ago, kevins_barnet said:

Agree re Stendel. Saw this posted on Twitter by a Barnsley fan which makes worrying reading. 

While in League 1:

Heckingbottom 64%

Stendel 57%

While in the Championship:

Heckingbottom 16%

Stendel 8%

Stendel has a full season in league 1 with Barnsley. Heckingbottom won 14/22 games and got them to the play offs which they won. 
He also had a season and a half in the championship.

Barnsley gave Stendel about 12 games 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

If Stendel wasn’t German I doubt there would be this much hype. 

Correct. 

kevins_barnet
1 minute ago, ceefax said:

Stendel has a full season in league 1 with Barnsley. Heckingbottom won 14/22 games and got them to the play offs which they won. 
He also had a season and a half in the championship.

Barnsley gave Stendel about 12 games 

why did he get binned if he’s such a good manager? Also got binned by Hannover. Have both teams made big mistakes and he’s actually an amazing manager?

8 hours ago, Boab said:

Way better ? 
Who are the throbbers ?

How well has Ross done in the SPL?

When has he qualified for Europe?

Much like Conor Sammon should never in a million years have got a move to the EPL, Ross should never in a million years have got the Sunderland job so the fact he has a “big” club on his CV is meaningless.

He clearly talks a better game than he coaches.

Never Let Them Forget
5 minutes ago, kevins_barnet said:

why did he get binned if he’s such a good manager? Also got binned by Hannover. Have both teams made big mistakes and he’s actually an amazing manager?

George Burley

Jim Jeffries

Paulo Sergio

Alex McDonald 

Were they amazing managers before being hearts managers?

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

How is Stendel a top manager over the others, based on what? 

The other folk won't come here, we can't afford them. 

How is Hughes a top manager but Warnock isn't? 

You rate Warnock lower than Irvine and Stendel in terms of being a top manager?

Not saying I wouldn't take Stendel for example, but your logic is completely fubar. 

It's like a old drunk at the end of a local bar logic. 

So that’s where you hang out at the end of a local bar where you have become an authority on old drunks.

Football is all about opinions but you try to make it personal which is Pathetic.

5 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Nothing better than watching foreign players/mangers falling in love with the famous. They generally come not knowing that much about us but the ones who fall for us, fall hard.

If it's Stendel then that is a calculated risk that I'd be delighted with and a decision a thousand times braver than the hiring the wee team have just done.

36 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Hasn’t taken Spurs anytime replacing Poch....

A JJ moment was just in Harvey Nichols shopping and got the call 🤣

7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

How well has Ross done in the SPL?

When has he qualified for Europe?

Much like Conor Sammon should never in a million years have got a move to the EPL, Ross should never in a million years have got the Sunderland job so the fact he has a “big” club on his CV is meaningless.

He clearly talks a better game than he coaches.

We’ll find out soon enough.

I hope you’re right and I’m wrong.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Stendels Barnsley destroyed Jack Ross Sunderland on a fraction of the budget, and he didn’t bore the tits of their support..

Definitely a plus. 

Stendel would be fine I hope,  but Jack Ross is not our barometer  :)

Not a whole lot to go on with him 

kevins_barnet
34 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Stendels Barnsley destroyed Jack Ross Sunderland on a fraction of the budget, and he didn’t bore the tits of their support..

Presumably you are referring to their final league positions but in games against each other the sides drew 0-0 at Oakwell and Sunderland won 4-2 at the Stadium of Light. 

8 hours ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

George Burley

Jim Jeffries

Paulo Sergio

Alex McDonald 

Were they amazing managers before being hearts managers?

Burley and Jefferies had both done exceedingly well in different circumstances. 

7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

So that’s where you hang out at the end of a local bar where you have become an authority on old drunks.

Football is all about opinions but you try to make it personal which is Pathetic.

Talks about drunken logic. 

From the man who told everyone that rangers losing that final would DESTROY them. 

Best ignored as an oddity imo

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, kevins_barnet said:

Presumably you are referring to their final league positions but in games against each other the sides drew 0-0 at Oakwell and Sunderland won 4-2 at the Stadium of Light. 

Stubbo beat Robbie a couple of times but we still finished 30 points in front

this time Stendel would have the players and the resources.. fully fit squad, I don’t think I’d have any of their players?!?

1 hour ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Hasn’t taken Spurs anytime replacing Poch....

Hibs, Stoke, MK dons, Cardiff have all sacked and replaced their managers since levein left... 

2019 and The Sun is still using the term "foreigner" in its headlines?

Anyway, from their list I feel I know all about Neil McCann and Stuart McCall.

What do Alan Irvine and Steve Cotterill have to recommend them? Or otherwise.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Hibs, Stoke, MK dons, Cardiff have all sacked and replaced their managers since levein left... 

Exactly because they've obviously been ahead of the game and planned 

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

I think it’s more the style of football he had Hannover and Barnsley playing. It’s what folk have been crying out for, for over a year. 

The style The Austin had us playing against St Mirren minus the comedy defending.

12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The style The Austin had us playing against St Mirren minus the comedy defending.

The style Naismith had us playing against St Mirren minus the comedy defending.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, pointon said:

Canny be many more folk to interview now surely 

Who would bet against we've been through the interview process but we've already got the right man at the club ! Austin Macphee 3 year deal 

10 hours ago, kevins_barnet said:

I never said he was a good manager. However I think majority of ‘good managers’ get sacked in their career.

Stendel got sacked because Barnsley had only won one game upto start of October. If you were defending him you could argue that Barnsley sold their 2 CBs and star striker that got them promoted and didn’t replace them. 

I don’t know if I’d want him as hearts manager but he’s higher up my list than majority that’s been touted for the job. 

1 minute ago, ceefax said:

I never said he was a good manager. However I think majority of

I don’t know if I’d want him as hearts manager but he’s higher up my list than majority that’s been touted for the job. 

Exactly this. Of the candidates we've had touted, only Stendel and Robinson seem to fit what a majority of fans are looking for, and even then, compared to the dross we've been interviewing and rumour with, we're only 6-8/10 on both possibilities.

If a better candidate shows their face, we'll jump on him, but until then...

I personally think she will go massive, and left field, with the Sporting Director role and keep MacPhee as Head Coach.  I'd be happy with that, if MacPhee wasn't getting that role he'd be at Stoke by now.

18 minutes ago, jambo-rocker said:

Exactly this. Of the candidates we've had touted, only Stendel and Robinson seem to fit what a majority of fans are looking for, and even then, compared to the dross we've been interviewing and rumour with, we're only 6-8/10 on both possibilities.

If a better candidate shows their face, we'll jump on him, but until then...

I don’t think Robinson fits with what the majority want. Stendel is debatable too.

19 minutes ago, ceefax said:

I never said he was a good manager. However I think majority of ‘good managers’ get sacked in their career.

Stendel got sacked because Barnsley had only won one game upto start of October. If you were defending him you could argue that Barnsley sold their 2 CBs and star striker that got them promoted and didn’t replace them. 

Levein lost about 5 players during a bad run and many wanted (got) him sacked

We are currently without 2 CBs (Souttar and Halkett) and a star striker (Washington) as well as a star MF (Haring) not to mention the recently returned Walker and Naismith.

Not saying Stendel is a good or bad manager but.....

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

We are currently without 2 CBs (Souttar and Halkett) and a star striker (Washington) as well as a star MF (Haring) not to mention the recently returned Walker and Naismith.

The decline has been 2 seasons! Target was minimum 4th set by mrs Budge and we came 6th both times and for that failure she rewarded it with pay rise and more money for transfers ! We've become a club that accepts failure and rubbish football 

It might have no bearing at all but Barnsley are set to appoint their new manager later today which might mean Stendel is off their payroll and less complicated to approach/appoint

Call me sceptical but I reckon the foreign manager in the frame has been leaked and we will end up with a British manager without there ever being any real interest in a foreign manager at all.

At the end of the day though it doesn't matter where they are from as long as they get it right.

29 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Putting ‘star’ before Washington is stretching things imo.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Putting ‘star’ before Washington is stretching things imo.

Probably. Looked lively in a team devoid of attack minded ideas. If he could only add some goals...

Adam_the_legend
Just now, pointon said:

McPhee should consider himself lucky if he gets offered anything 

You’ve been a key member of a consistently underperforming team for 3 years, here have a promotion. 

Just now, JamboAl said:

Levein was a failure. Let’s move on eh.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, pointon said:

McPhee should consider himself lucky if he gets offered anything 

Should be out the door in my opinion ! Part of 2 seasons of failure results wise and the football on offer has been eye bleeding rubbish 

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Who would bet against we've been through the interview process but we've already got the right man at the club ! Austin Macphee 3 year deal 

Playing with fire if they came out with that tosh....again !

4 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

You’ve been a key member of a consistently underperforming team for 3 years, here have a promotion. 

A promotion would be the manager job.

Ann used the phrase “why throw the baby out with the bath water”.....just because MacPhee may not be an ideal manager for this club doesn’t necessarily mean he doesn’t have the attributes for being a very good Sporting Director.

It is a completely different role which requires a completely different set of skills.

Micheal O’Neill rates him highly.....I would suggest he knows better than you or I.

Just now, DH1986 said:

Ann used the phrase “why throw the baby out with the bath water”.....just because MacPhee may not be an ideal manager for this club doesn’t necessarily mean he doesn’t have the attributes for being a very good Sporting Director.

It is a completely different role which requires a completely different set of skills.

Micheal O’Neill rates him highly.....I would suggest he knows better than you or I.

The important thing here is he is working with a very good manager. A bit like Cathro working with a very good manager at Wolves.

It would only work if we got a very good manager. Will we ?

Hampden Demolition

The time it is taking to get someone in is ridiculous. Budge should have known there was no way back for Levein and should have at the very least had an idea of what type of manager she wanted. There is no forward planning here whatsoever. This isn’t an office job she is recruiting for. Look how quickly It has taken the likes of Hibs, Spurs, Cardiff etc. Time in football is a lot different to other areas of business.

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

At this rate he will be doing both roles for a good while 

11 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

It's like The Apprentice in reverse.

46 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Wrong site for reasoned , logical posts