Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• i8hibsh

• sadj

• Hearts007

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Completely disagree but then a fan like me would. Who cares what the rest of Scottish football think? Is it a fashion show? 
Just don’t go, but leave others to make up their own mind. Why do you need everybody to do the same as you? Lots have stopped going bug they don’t come on here asking everyone else to keep them company. 

You must idolise The clown in the dugout and shit hoofball

Geordie Jambo

What about a black balloon protest at Hampden on Sunday, similar to the one at Tynecastle while under the Pieman?

Tennis balls at next game at Tynecastle.   Hampden is far too big a stadium to throw balls at the pitch. 

I agree we need to do something but it has to be something we all agree on (or at the very least the majority of us), be that arriving late, white hankies, black balloons or something else.

Just now, buzzbomb1958 said:

You must idolise The clown in the dugout and shit hoofball

No I don’t, far from it. But I have been following Hearts for over 50 years, seen much better, seen much worse, and a lot of the latter. 
I follow Hearts, good times and bad. Recently it’s been bad, last night was dire but I’ll be there on Sunday. What I don’t do is pick and choose based on who is manager and how we are playing. I’m not a pert-time follower of the club. I leave that to the entitlement brigade who think we should win, with style, every week and if we don’t win for three or four weeks we just fire the manager and try someone else. And if the manager doesn’t get fired we stop going. 
Football, as a fan, is all about opinion. None of us are right and none of us are wrong. No point arguing differently. 

For me It’s more a statement if 1000s got up and walked out just after the start would make a bigger statement to the club...before all you happy clappers start by that’s not good for team support your team I’ve done that home and away but enough is enough after last night if he stays we definitely will be In championship next season 

4 hours ago, dellboy1971 said:

Time now for a boycott of HEARTS game vs St Mirren on 9th November

NOT come in after 25 min

NOT leave with 20min to go hearts fans doing that already anyway 

TOTAL BOYCOTT

YES OR NO

NO

11 minutes ago, farin said:

Boycotting is only really effective when it also involves withholding cash as well tbh. Empty pre paid seats in large number might look embarrassing on the tv etc but won’t dictate or change policy, sadly. 

Fans letting the management hear loudly throughout the game what they think of them & or a pre / post match demo would prob be more effective imo, especially if it got the press coverage too.. 

An empty seat can be as effective as hankies or balloons !

More so, imo.

If one is empty, probably nothing will be said. Thousands ?

I would hope the players would exactly who that’s aimed at. They do already, let’s not kid ourselves !

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

If you are part of the problem then so am I.

Whatever action the fans take has to be coordinated and more or less unanimous.

I am also uneasy about anything that impacts the club financially, remember it is us the fans or our representatives who will have to pick up the pieces when FOH eventually take over.

I'm not bothered about CL but a civil war with Mrs Budge is not the way to go.

It would show Hearts fans up as a bunch of ungrateful twats in many eyes.

Just to clarify I’ll be 100% behind the players, I’ll not be at war with mrs Budge, but by **** I will express my displeasure at levein . 

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

😫 absolutely - but I have hospitality - a full table bought by my mates for my 40th

which hospo you doing? 

5 hours ago, dellboy1971 said:

NOT come in after 25 min

TOTAL BOYCOTT

YES OR NO

No

4 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

No from me. A boycott hurts the club not Budge financially (a crucial difference to most ownership arrangements where boycotts have been more effective). A boycott negatively impacts on the team. The only thing a boycott achieves is to get across to Budge and Levein the level of anger among the fans, but they already know this. If making our feelings known is the aim, the same can be achieved with a protest before or after the game.

A boycott harms the club yes but not as much as Levein & his mates do. We need to get rid of them and we the fans need to be united in whatever we agree to do.

BerraBelieveit

No. Complete boycott is not the answer. 

I think just about every fan would be more than happy to enter stadium and just all await on concourse for first 10/15 minutes. It would encourage everyone to pull together and ensure no one goes into the actual stand. 

I genuinely believe if something like that was done things would change as right now there's voices coming from everywhere and the hierarchy aren't convinced it is everyone - this would show them that every fan to a man is together on this. 

Won't happen and not really fussed if it does. Passed caring now. However, if I was to arrange a boycott that's what I'd do. 

47 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Tennis balls at next game at Tynecastle.   Hampden is far too big a stadium to throw balls at the pitch. 

This is my preferred option.

5 hours ago, dellboy1971 said:

NOT come in after 25 min

TOTAL BOYCOTT

YES OR NO

No as this is the game nearest to Armistice Day and as this is a historically significant day for HMFC I personally think we shouyld wait until the next game at Tynie to stay away in droves

2 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

No as this is the game nearest to Armistice Day and as this is a historically significant day for HMFC I personally think we shouyld wait until the next game at Tynie to stay away in droves

Disagree here. It needs to happen at this game. 

50 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

NO

Wait 5mins and the same poster will start another thread with a different boycott idea. I’m sure thats all they seem to do now. 

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Boycotting is so hubz

FTH

Yeah but not turning up on matchdays is so Hearts.

4 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Some of the comments here show that too many Hearts fans dont have the stomach to take direct action.  Similar to the team their far too soft. No doubt a complete boycott would force action but too many happy to stutter along on the relegation train.

Spot on.  

9 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

On the contrary. Plus they are two very different occasions. We don’t do boycott’s, but this would be a “once in a generation” opportunity to vent our displeasure peacefully as opposed to demo’s which tend to attract unwarranted behaviour at times.

21 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

Attend Haymarket on the Sunday and pay your respects there. I will be.

adambraejambo

Have a season ticket. Not sure what I want to do just yet.  But i say this tongue in cheek how about a mass pozman that lasts a long time (whilst chanting Levein gt to fk) and a mass walk out after pozman finishes...I mean 30/35 mins into game. No point a mass walk out 15 mins to go or whatever.  I'll prob get ridiculed for suggesting was just a thought though. 

36 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

A boycott harms the club yes but not as much as Levein & his mates do. We need to get rid of them and we the fans need to be united in whatever we agree to do.

And that is one of the downsides to a boycott (or a delayed entry into the stands or mass walk out) it splits the fans and sets them against each other. Not all fans will want to participate and some of those that do will abuse those who don't. In reality any boycott is likely to attract a few thousand fans at best. If someone wants to organise a protest make sure it isn't something where attending a game and staying for the full 90minutes isn't seen as being anti the protest.

Just now, sadj said:

na need to protest to get Budge out too 😂

Boycott the dinner tonight then 🤣

Just now, Hearts007 said:

Boycott the dinner tonight then 🤣

Can just imagine anyone turning up not having read/heard and mouthing off

Just now, sadj said:

Can just imagine anyone turning up not having read/heard and mouthing off

Now that would be funny...sshh dont tell anyone

Just now, Hearts007 said:

Now that would be funny...sshh dont tell anyone

its ok they already think he is still DoF and or has major input cause they cant read. I have no issue with a Consultant style position until the end of his contract when its shaping backroom and youth staff but under the exec committee. We know he is successful at that and Tynecastle is his home. Sad end but needed. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

its ok they already think he is still DoF and or has major input cause they cant read. I have no issue with a Consultant style position until the end of his contract when its shaping backroom and youth staff but under the exec committee. We know he is successful at that and Tynecastle is his home. Sad end but needed. 

For sure

• Maple Leaf locked this topic