• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• i8hibsh

• sadj

• Hearts007

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going whether boycotts on or not. Season ticket holder nearer 30 years. Now had enough...first time ever felt this lost with my club.

To your point, not sure I am fan of boycotts but I am not sure what else people can do other than  vote with feet.

Certainly better option than the tit that vandalised the plaza

I’m normally one of the first to shoot down any mere thought of a boycott.

However, on this occasion, maybe the fans do need to take drastic action.

No from me. A boycott hurts the club not Budge financially (a crucial difference to most ownership arrangements where boycotts have been more effective). A boycott negatively impacts on the team. The only thing a boycott achieves is to get across to Budge and Levein the level of anger among the fans, but they already know this. If making our feelings known is the aim, the same can be achieved with a protest before or after the game.

The Treasurer

If what we have witnessed over the last year is not enough for the board to act, then I don't think empty seats will make any difference either.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I’ve got a ticket for the weekend but decided I’m not going. **** driving four hours there and four hours back, burning money in food and drinks and all sorts for a piss-weak Levein performance. He doesn’t deserve our support.

underwaterwoodwelder

I’m not going to anymore to while he is in charge. I’m heading to Hampden this weekend and I’m only going because I promised my 8 year old son that we were going.

Hearts fans are very loyal but this has to happen now, he has to go.

39 minutes ago, dellboy1971 said:

Time now for a boycott of HEARTS game vs St Mirren on 9th November

NOT come in after 25 min

NOT leave with 20min to go hearts fans doing that already anyway 

TOTAL BOYCOTT

YES OR NO

Not for me. If Hearts are playing I’m there. Seen much worse than current lot and didn’t boycott then either. Toys out the Pram stuff rather than getting behind the team/club rarely has a happy ending. 

Perhaps selfish, but I'm not boycotting.

Among other things, have paid a small fortune for a season ticket, then the fixture list threw up about five games I could not manage, so I'm not going to miss another one.

Anyway, a win on Sunday will change things. I'm not boycotting that either.

I do think Levein should go back upstairs. I curse the idiots who motivated Neilson to exit when we were second in the league. We had a sustainable model that was working well then someone flew a plane over Tynecastle. Must have been a Hibs fan, except for the fact that it was effective, so perhaps not.

I also think that the long-term absences of Souttar, Halkett, Naismith, Walker, Haring, Washington and Uche, and the seemingly permanent damage done to Berra, combined with our inability to procure a decent goalkeeper (that problem is now solved) has had a major impact on results, which takes much of the blame off Levein.

A team like Hearts cannot lose quality like that and not suffer. 

I feel that we need a single protest that everyone gets behind and shows the feelings of the fans. I don't think a boycott will do that as folk will still attend.

11 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

No from me. A boycott hurts the club not Budge financially (a crucial difference to most ownership arrangements where boycotts have been more effective). A boycott negatively impacts on the team. The only thing a boycott achieves is to get across to Budge and Levein the level of anger among the fans, but they already know this. If making our feelings known is the aim, the same can be achieved with a protest before or after the game.

A boycott of season ticket holders does not hurt the club cos the money has already been paid over. It might impact negatively on the players but it would be difficult to tell - they are performing at two levels below shite at the moment. I'm not sure Budge and Levein really appreciate the anger among the fans at  the moment, at least not going by Levein's patronising and self serving comments last night, along with Budge's complete fiddling while Rome burns.

ST holders boycotting is futile since you've already paid.

Walk ups are down and will continue to be in decline.

I'm sure the impact is already being felt.

edit - could refuse to buy food and drinks etc. That'd impact on Tynecastle Events?

Edited by Homme

12 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Perhaps selfish, but I'm not boycotting.

Among other things, have paid a small fortune for a season ticket, then the fixture list threw up about five games I could not manage, so I'm not going to miss another one.

Anyway, a win on Sunday will change things. I'm not boycotting that either.

I do think Levein should go back upstairs. I curse the idiots who motivated Neilson to exit when we were second in the league. We had a sustainable model that was working well then someone flew a plane over Tynecastle. Must have been a Hibs fan, except for the fact that it was effective, so perhaps not.

I also think that the long-term absences of Souttar, Halkett, Naismith, Walker, Haring, Washington and Uche, and the seemingly permanent damage done to Berra, combined with our inability to procure a decent goalkeeper (that problem is now solved) has had a major impact on results, which takes much of the blame off Levein.

A team like Hearts cannot lose quality like that and not suffer. 

Jeez have you been watching this team.  There is no creativity no passion no goals and and definitely no style of play other than punt the ball at uche and hope for the best 

He clearly has no clue what he's doing - Last nights interview was an embarrassment and I cannot understand why he's not yet tendered his resignation other than he is completely delusional!!!!

I miss us and not going pains me but I made a hard decision at the end of last season I would not go back whilst it is Budge's Hearts. I really wish people would wake up as going along does not make you an uber fan it just makes you damage the club.

Please y'all think hard. It is up to you and it is your money but please see the bigger picture.

I won’t be at the game. 

If he is still the manager for that game I will be cancelling my FOH subscription aswell. 

She WILL listen to the fans eventually. 

9 minutes ago, Homme said:

ST holders boycotting is futile since you've already paid.

Walk ups are down and will continue to be in decline.

I'm sure the impact is already being felt.

edit - could refuse to buy food and drinks etc. That'd impact on Tynecastle Events?

Not at all as the empty seat speaks volumes.

Go to seats at 3.10pm would be my call. Make a lot of noise in concourse so the players know we are there for them.

Win, lose or draw she has to be told he has to go.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Not at all as the empty seat speaks volumes.

It does but our money is all that matters to them.

21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not for me. If Hearts are playing I’m there. Seen much worse than current lot and didn’t boycott then either. Toys out the Pram stuff rather than getting behind the team/club rarely has a happy ending. 

You've seen much worse??

Is it one win in 19 games. Don’t think it’s been much worse that that and I’m 49 

GorgieFifeLife

Some of the comments here show that too many Hearts fans dont have the stomach to take direct action.  Similar to the team their far too soft. No doubt a complete boycott would force action but too many happy to stutter along on the relegation train.

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

Some of the comments here show that too many Hearts fans dont have the stomach to take direct action.  Similar to the team their far too soft. No doubt a complete boycott would force action but too many happy to stutter along on the relegation train.

Correct. They are part of the problem now

It is so sad as we are such a good dedicated loyal fanbase you just know there will still be 14k at the game.

30 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

How does a boycott negatively impact on the team?

When we have huge crowds it doesn’t seem to help the players so doubt a boycott would be a detriment.

Not going to the Semi. Decided after the gutless Killie performance.

Nothing since has changed my mind.

I have a season ticket so already paid.

If Levein isn't gone before the St Mirren game then I'll not be there.

I'm not a great believer in boycotts but I'm getting desperate now so I would be prepared to boycott this game if that's the majority decision.

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Correct. They are part of the problem now

Spot on, sit still and quiet for 90 mins watching yet another piss poor performance then applauding these imposters of the pitch. It shows you how far we’ve sank - no fight, no passion, right through our club. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'll be there. If nothing else to vent frustration. 

Boycott is damaging,  as I've said before,  lovely glass fronted building to look down on a mass protest. 

If it resorts to vandalism,  violence and general rowdy behaviour,  counter productive,  she will simply baton down the hatches. 

The game itself might be incredibly important in truth 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😫 absolutely - but I have hospitality - a full table bought by my mates for my 40th

Part of the problem  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'll be there. If nothing else to vent frustration. 

Boycott is damaging,  as I've said before,  lovely glass fronted building to look down on a mass protest. 

If it resorts to vandalism,  violence and general rowdy behaviour,  counter productive,  she will simply baton down the hatches. 

The game itself might be incredibly important in truth 

Each to their own mate. I cant be arsed with protests etc. Staying away is my form of protest even though my seat is already paid for.

Boycotting the actual game is like paying to go to a buffet then refusing to eat. Budge has our money from the season ticket sale, matters not a jot if you use it or not. I’d rather we sold the game out, show our displeasure for 90 minutes. Show our displeasure before and after the match. Send a very clear and united message that we want change and we want it now. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Forza Cuore said:

Each to their own mate. I cant be arsed with protests etc. Staying away is my form of protest even though my seat is already paid for.

Indeed. We each have to make our own choices now,  but let's not be calling each other out for that choice. 

I'm not staying at home wondering what is going on when I've got a paid seat as a witness 

Hopefully this will be moot as Levein will be gone after the Rangers game (wishful thinking I know) 

Understand the desire for protest, but a boycott is only going to be divisive.  Some folk will and some won't, and those who will will feel that those who won't are part of the problem.

If he is not binned on Monday after the inevitable drubbing on Sunday then drastic action must be taken. It shows a lack of grip and leadership by Budge which is undemocratic and contemptuous of the fans and without parallel in UK football. It also shows a depth of arrogance and lack of self awareness by Levein in refusing to do the honourable thing.  I would therefore  suggest someone on here with a bit clout , tech savvy and organisation, takes up the mantle and a demonstration be planned for the St Mirren game. Not a total boycott as that would be hard to measure and you wouldn't feel physically part of it, but a mass walk out or something similar. Not sporadic mini protests but one strong united one that would be well communicated and supported and attract the media. Fan leadership in contrast to the lack of it in the board room. Can you honestly imagine the fans of any other top flight club putting up with this ? Time for talking is over - time for action required. We need to vent or rage in a powerful manner because it's as plain as the day that the millions of words on this forum have zero influence on the governance of Heart of Midlothian Football Club

Geordie Jambo

Appreciate the other threads so mods, merge if you see fit.  

Was looking at videos of protests during the pieman era, and the black balloon protest looked good on TV.  How about we all take black balloon's to Hampden on Sunday and release these as the game kicks off?  Maximum TV coverage is guaranteed at that point.

41 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Boycotting the actual game is like paying to go to a buffet then refusing to eat. Budge has our money from the season ticket sale, matters not a jot if you use it or not. I’d rather we sold the game out, show our displeasure for 90 minutes. Show our displeasure before and after the match. Send a very clear and united message that we want change and we want it now. 

49 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😫 absolutely - but I have hospitality - a full table bought by my mates for my 40th

See above. :D 

Shanks said no

If he is still within the club by the St Mirren game I don’t know if I can face it. It will be the first home game in 40 odd years where I will choose not to use my season tickets 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, dellboy1971 said:

Time now for a boycott of HEARTS game vs St Mirren on 9th November

NOT come in after 25 min

NOT leave with 20min to go hearts fans doing that already anyway 

TOTAL BOYCOTT

YES OR NO

I was asked if I was available for something on the 9th, I wouldnt have normally or tried to combine them but I can’t so I’m not going to the game. It was the same against Killie last month. I rarely miss home games and couldn’t really understand why people did, I get it now. I even got married on a Friday.

Bruno is going to be there as well 🙈.

Edited by Pasquale for King

• Maple Leaf locked this topic