TOTAL BOYCOTT OF ST MIRREN GAME

dellboy1971

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’ve got a ticket for the weekend but decided I’m not going. **** driving four hours there and four hours back, burning money in food and drinks and all sorts for a piss-weak Levein performance. He doesn’t deserve our support.

I will support the protest by not watching HeartsTV.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• i8hibsh

• sadj

• Hearts007

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ll be at the pub for a few pints beforehand with mates and we will decide wether or not we can be arsed going at 2.50pm

likely answer is we won’t bother so will be boycotting . If we do then happy to go along with whatever is arranged (ie go in late , etc)

1 hour ago, Homme said:

ST holders boycotting is futile since you've already paid.

Walk ups are down and will continue to be in decline.

I'm sure the impact is already being felt.

edit - could refuse to buy food and drinks etc. That'd impact on Tynecastle Events?

So there being 13000 empty seats is futile? It’s not about withholding money it’s about highlighting the fans have had enough.

im sure all those empty seats will not go unnoticed.

Shanks said no
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was asked if I was available for something on the 9th, I wouldnt have normally or tried to combine them but I can’t so I’m not going to the game. It was the same against Killie last month. I rarely miss home games and couldn’t really understand why people did, I get it now. I even got married on a Friday.

Bruno is going to be there as well 🙈.

Similar to how I feel, I too got married on a Friday so I could go to the game at Tynecastle on the Saturday, spookily St Mirren.

on Saturday I cut the grass when the game came on the radio, last night I was offered a lift to the game but volunteered to work, unpaid, rather than go to Perth. I was sitting there thinking “what has he done to our club”

The St Mirren crowd is going to be poor anyway.  Everyone getting up and leaving after say 30 minutes would be a real impact.  

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

It is so sad as we are such a good dedicated loyal fanbase you just know there will still be 14k at the game.

WE?  Haha.  Good one!  That's rich coming from you mate.  You definitely cannot count yourself as loyal.

I know that there are not to many going on Sunday but if we are 2 or more down at half time, (very probable) please follow me to our cars and busses, maybe with the fans gone the Chairwoman might just sack him before he gets to the Hampden exit door

AlphonseCapone

Attend Tynecastle but fans gather outside the main stand for the 90 minutes. Would get attention.

1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

WE?  Haha.  Good one!  That's rich coming from you mate.  You definitely cannot count yourself as loyal.

No but I class Hearts as 'we'.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Similar to how I feel, I too got married on a Friday so I could go to the game at Tynecastle on the Saturday, spookily St Mirren.

on Saturday I cut the grass when the game came on the radio, last night I was offered a lift to the game but volunteered to work, unpaid, rather than go to Perth. I was sitting there thinking “what has he done to our club”

I think our passion will

come back but it’s not guaranteed, I know lots of lapsed Jambos that don’t go anymore for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, Drumjambo said:

Jeez have you been watching this team.  There is no creativity no passion no goals and and definitely no style of play other than punt the ball at uche and hope for the best 

He clearly has no clue what he's doing - Last nights interview was an embarrassment and I cannot understand why he's not yet tendered his resignation other than he is completely delusional!!!!

Because I have been watching this team I actually wrote that Levein should no longer be manager. We agree on that I think?

At the same time, I remember what we were like with Naismith, Haring and Souttar all fit, also Berra pre-injury and Lafferty.

That exciting team was built by Levein and was great to watch before it fell apart for reasons beyond anyone’s control.

The solution is for him to revert back to Director of Football type role.

2 hours ago, dellboy1971 said:

Time now for a boycott of HEARTS game vs St Mirren on 9th November

NOT come in after 25 min

NOT leave with 20min to go hearts fans doing that already anyway 

TOTAL BOYCOTT

YES OR NO

No

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Go to seats at 3.10pm would be my call. Make a lot of noise in concourse so the players know we are there for them.

Win, lose or draw she has to be told he has to go.

Don’t see any problem with this 👍🏻

Stewie Griffin

I think rather than a boycott 90 mins of fans singing Craig levein we want you to go regardless of the score line would be better. 

15 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Because I have been watching this team I actually wrote that Levein should no longer be manager. We agree on that I think?

At the same time, I remember what we were like with Naismith, Haring and Souttar all fit, also Berra pre-injury and Lafferty.

That exciting team was built by Levein and was great to watch before it fell apart for reasons beyond anyone’s control.

Exciting to watch is not something you could say about a Levein team even with the players you mentioned.

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Perhaps selfish, but I'm not boycotting.

Among other things, have paid a small fortune for a season ticket, then the fixture list threw up about five games I could not manage, so I'm not going to miss another one.

Anyway, a win on Sunday will change things. I'm not boycotting that either.

I do think Levein should go back upstairs. I curse the idiots who motivated Neilson to exit when we were second in the league. We had a sustainable model that was working well then someone flew a plane over Tynecastle. Must have been a Hibs fan, except for the fact that it was effective, so perhaps not.

I also think that the long-term absences of Souttar, Halkett, Naismith, Walker, Haring, Washington and Uche, and the seemingly permanent damage done to Berra, combined with our inability to procure a decent goalkeeper (that problem is now solved) has had a major impact on results, which takes much of the blame off Levein.

A team like Hearts cannot lose quality like that and not suffer. 

Personally I think it was Levein interfering more than a stupid plane stunt. The fans have very little they can realistically do to get their point across. A boycott may not hurt Budge in the pocket but when the concession stalls are losing money she will take notice. She is motivated my money, a business thrives on income, hurt that and there has to be change.

Having said all that Levein is here for the cup game minimum. She won't take that away from him. Win it and he stays until the final.

Among other things, have paid a small fortune for a season ticket, then the fixture list threw up about five games I could not manage, so I'm not going to miss another one.

I do think Levein should go back upstairs. I curse the idiots who motivated Neilson to exit when we were second in the league. We had a sustainable model that was working well then someone flew a plane over Tynecastle. Must have been a Hibs fan, except for the fact that it was effective, so perhaps not.

I also think that the long-term absences of Souttar, Halkett, Naismith, Walker, Haring, Washington and Uche, and the seemingly permanent damage done to Berra, combined with our inability to procure a decent goalkeeper (that problem is now solved) has had a major impact on results, which takes much of the blame off Levein.

The fact that you want Levein to go back upstairs shows how out of touch you are.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
58 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

to be sure!! What a ****ing present lol.. 

All part of the Jambo experience

:sob:

Theme From Sparta F.C.

Attend the match but do a Spanish style protest by waving White Hankies. Say after 20 mins, half time, 70 mins etc.

The Spanish make their point crystal clear by doing this.

You could also stand up and turn your back on them after doing it.

Budge & Levein couldn't fail to see that!!!!

That would be some sight at a televised match. White Hankies getting waved while singing "CL we want you to go!!!"

Halkett, Naisy, Berra, Washington, Uche and Walker all played in the god awful draw with Ross County. Those players coming back are not going to turn us into the team we should be trust me.

Turn your back on the game. Unless we’re winning.

Ha Ha us winning. 
I’ll be there but, apparently I’m part of the problem 

Ernie Eskilsson
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Not for me. If Hearts are playing I’m there. Seen much worse than current lot and didn’t boycott then either. Toys out the Pram stuff rather than getting behind the team/club rarely has a happy ending. 

Neither does a head in the sand approach to an obvious problem. Sometimes you have to step forward and make a change happen. The OP is suggesting one option that’s all. You’re not for it and that’s fine but leave it at that...

1 minute ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

Neither does a head in the sand approach to an obvious problem. Sometimes you have to step forward and make a change happen. The OP is suggesting one option that’s all. You’re not for it and that’s fine but leave it at that...

We are all entitled to our opinion. I think your comment suggests that you agree with that. My toys out the pram comment is my opinion. I’m entitled to it. Leave it at that.......

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Not sure when we were exciting with all those players all in the team? For 30 minutes against Celtic? The ten games at the beginning of the season last year was great, not exactly Barca esque though and fell apart when Naismith was injured, the coaching staff still haven’t figured out a way to compensate for this.

What may be more effective is having an organised walk-out at half time. Especially if we are losing. That way you can encourage more people - already in attendance - to leave.

billythejambo
2 hours ago, J80MBO said:

I am not going whether boycotts on or not. Season ticket holder nearer 30 years. Now had enough...first time ever felt this lost with my club.

To your point, not sure I am fan of boycotts but I am not sure what else people can do other than  vote with feet.

Certainly better option than the tit that vandalised the plaza

I feel exactly the same as you . Totally had enough , unfortunately I've bought tickets for hampden and payed for bus   at a loss how to have best impact . I've tried shouting at Levein and the directors but feel totally ignored . I like Budge but she is undoing all the good work that she has done by blindly backing  Levein. 

Shooter McGavin

Ann will be buzzing if people boycotted or walked out at half time, less chance of people standing up and saying sweary words.

annushorribilis III
18 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

Halkett, Naisy, Berra, Washington, Uche and Walker all played in the god awful draw with Ross County. Those players coming back are not going to turn us into the team we should be trust me.

This. 

Almost fifty years supporting the Hearts and  season ticket holder, enough is enough, I won't be there nor will my nephew. He is also completely disillusioned at the utter shambles we are currently in under the incompetent custodians of our club.

A total boycott is impossible.    You could have Adolf Hitler as manager and people would still go.     Piers Morgan even.      

Edited by Victorian

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

A total boycott is impossible.    You could have Adolf Hitler as manager and people would still go.     Piers Morgan even.      

Bit harsh on Hitler 😝

MarkDevriesScores4

I’m a ST holder and Ross County was my last match till he has gone. We need no one to turn up. If the ground is empty for a couple of games and I mean 2-3k attendance, budge will sack him. It’s not complicated. 

Edited by MarkDevriesScores4

Shanks said no
36 minutes ago, My half sister said:

No real view on whether to boycott or not but that game is the 'poppy' game and all that goes with that. 

A very good point. 

38 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Don’t see any problem with this 👍🏻

24 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Turn your back on the game. Unless we’re winning.

Ha Ha us winning. 
I’ll be there but, apparently I’m part of the problem 

If you are part of the problem then so am I.

Whatever action the fans take has to be coordinated and more or less unanimous.

I am also uneasy about anything that impacts the club financially, remember it is us the fans or our representatives who will have to pick up the pieces when FOH eventually take over.

I'm not bothered about CL but a civil war with Mrs Budge is not the way to go.

It would show Hearts fans up as a bunch of ungrateful twats in many eyes.

Ex member of the SaS

You will never get everyone agreeing to one course of action. Many may boycott, but there will always be those who will attend. You will get those stopping contributions, and many will continue.

No matter how you voice your opinion the more that is done the sooner action will be taken. A multi fronted campaign is the only way to get as may fans as possible trying to get their point across.

So if boycotting is not you thing then hopefully try something else, to do nothing will cost the club more.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

He was still selecting the team when he was in this role previously. Solution is to get rid off him and get someone who cares about the results.

1 minute ago, Deep South said:

He was still selecting the team when he was in this role previously. Solution is to get rid off him and get someone who cares about the results.

was he?

Bazzas right boot

I'm away that weekend. 

If not I'd still go to the game. 

90 minutes are for the team imo, before or after, protest etc. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Go to seats at 3.10pm would be my call. Make a lot of noise in concourse so the players know we are there for them.

Win, lose or draw she has to be told he has to go.

This is the best idea yet 👍

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Not for me. If Hearts are playing I’m there. Seen much worse than current lot and didn’t boycott then either. Toys out the Pram stuff rather than getting behind the team/club rarely has a happy ending. 

Part of the problem is fans like this ,how anyone would want to watch this shite is beyond me ,a total boycott would work by showing the rest of Scottish football we've had enough ,surely no fans in the ground would shame that clown into leaving also his friend and allie would have to listen to the fans at last and make the decision which should have been made a year ago. If the fans don't vote with their feet and boycott we are stuck with him and we are going down

3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You will never get everyone agreeing to one course of action. Many may boycott, but there will always be those who will attend. You will get those stopping contributions, and many will continue.

No matter how you voice your opinion the more that is done the sooner action will be taken. A multi fronted campaign is the only way to get as may fans as possible trying to get their point across.

So if boycotting is not you thing then hopefully try something else, to do nothing will cost the club more.

Agree and this has been happening for some time now with different people choosing different ways to register their anger but it's not worked. She is completely dismissive. It's unbelievable. What a breath of fresh air she was  but her reputation is now going down the pan. Lets up the ante.  She cares about her media profile; we need to do something that will get coverage and force her hand. There's plenty of smart people who use this forum who could organise it.

Last game was the 0-0 at Paisley, and haven’t, and won’t be at another till he’s away. Still paying my, for life, FoH subs but that’s all I can muster.

I’m like the Montgolfier’s first attempt at ballooning, deflated.

13 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Part of the problem is fans like this ,how anyone would want to watch this shite is beyond me ,a total boycott would work by showing the rest of Scottish football we've had enough ,surely no fans in the ground would shame that clown into leaving also his friend and allie would have to listen to the fans at last and make the decision which should have been made a year ago. If the fans don't vote with their feet and boycott we are stuck with him and we are going down

Completely disagree but then a fan like me would. Who cares what the rest of Scottish football think? Is it a fashion show? 
Just don’t go, but leave others to make up their own mind. Why do you need everybody to do the same as you? Lots have stopped going bug they don’t come on here asking everyone else to keep them company. 

He will be gone by then anyway.  Sunday will be the final straw, especially if they win 3 or 4.  Just can’t see this team doing anything.  They are not playing for the manager, regardless of what he says.  Embarrassing 

The Wrinkly Ninja
2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Correct. They are part of the problem now

Doesn’t get anymore divisive than that.....

I am part of the problem because I go to games? **** you!

• Maple Leaf locked this topic