Ann Budge poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

Should Heart of Midlothian appoint a new CEO to run the club to replace Ann Budge when the FoH takeover is completed?  

918 members have voted

1. 1. Should Heart of Midlothian appoint a new CEO to run the club to replace Ann Budge when the FoH takeover is completed?

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Definition of a good post on here tends to be one you agree with.

The poll votes on whether Mrs Budge should remain "in charge" or be replaced when paid back. While accepting all her great early work there have been enough areas where fans see a downturn, which has happened with many owners. 

I cannot help but feel the new stand ended up costing more and is potentially bringing in less than projected.

She has put a lot of eggs in the Levein basket and looks a bit trapped.

Things can turn around but I don't feel the confidence in her remaining that I did in the past

Yes, that’s why I added “imo”. I often disagree with the poster who typed it, but on this occasion it reflects my own opinion quite closely.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• i8hibsh

• kingantti1874

• mitch41

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Budge stopped taking up her interest for a period as a financial contribution towards the stand. She also doesn’t take a salary.

Anyone who thinks that Ann Budge is in this for the money isn't thinking clearly.

She could have stayed in retirement and invested her money in the stock market, which has boomed in the last four years, and made a significant profit with considerable less hassle. 

36 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

she’s an intelligent woman but not a football person by her own admission -, she seems to be operating under the belief that he can somehow repair this relationship with the fans.. she is 100% wrong.. the trust is gone permanently.  If she persists much longer we will be back to the days of 10k crowds and we won’t be secure off the pitch

answer the question mate.  How long do you give her or are you happy to tolerate this garbage forever? 

This nonsense about a footballing person is just one of those silly sayings

She knows more than many if not all about a football club after 5 years

Some posters on here actually think they know more about football than our manager and that is just not true

Opinion is allowed (I believe) and I don't happen to agree with those who want the manager out now.....I do note the feelings of some and if our results and performances do not improve when what we consider to be our first choice players return then they will be right to call for change.

That time is still a couple of months away sad to say for a good number of players so we look to get one or two back in the meantime hoping that will improve matters in the short term.

I guess some feel that a new manager would change things...I happen to believe that with the current problems it would not change matters except to make some posters/fans feel better and that is not a good enough reason for change

I am frustrated and feel the disappointment but I look at the bigger picture and if there are valid reasons look to give the benefit of the doubt

I've said it before but no club could lose 5 or 6 of their first 11 and still  perform to the same standards and obtain the same number of points as a first choice fit and available 11..of course there will always be the odd injury but the number we have right now is frightening and at the weekend we had another 2 out from the previous week when even the doubters would admit we did okay.

Edited by CJGJ

I voted yes she is loyal to CL and would take it personal when he does get removed she might want to leave at the point. Ann has been really good for the club and do wish her well.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Some posters on here actually think they know more about football than our manager and that is just not true

Opinion is allowed (I believe) and I don't happen to agree with those who want the manager out now.....I do note the feelings of some and if our results and performances do not improve when what we consider to be our first choice players return then they will be right to call for change.

That time is still a couple of months away sad to say for a good number of players so we look to get one or two back in the meantime hoping that will improve matters in the short term.

I guess some feel that a new manager would change things...I happen to believe that with the current problems it would not change matters except to make some posters/fans feel better and that is not a good enough reason for change

I am frustrated and feel the disappointment but I look at the bigger picture and if there are valid reasons look to give the benefit of the doubt

I've said it before but no club could lose 5 or 6 of their first 11 and still  perform to the same standards and obtain the same number of points as a first choice fit and available 11..of course there will always be the odd injury but the number we have right now is frightening and at the weekend we had another 2 out from the previous week when even the doubters would admit we did okay.

Well avoided, seems Ann has a blank cheque as far as your concerned, as for some of your direct points - of course she will certainly know more about day to day running a football club . But she certainly doesn’t know more about the game of football, what good football is and is not, how the dynamics of supporting a football club change than guys who have played, watched and supported for decades? Ann budge will never have that. 

As for the endless injury points - yes our injuries are shit (maybe help if we didn’t sign injury prone players) fact is putting the injuriesaside, the expensively assembled  teams we have been able to put on the pitch  should have performed far better than they have - regardless of who has not been available on any given week..

man for man - most weeks we are stronger than the opposition on paper and can still put a level of player on the pitch that motherwell, killie, Hamilton, Ross county etc can’t match.. look at the 10 man Livingston side we played yesterday - Scott Robinson up front.. 😂

this version of Craig levein is a bad football manager, he cannot get a time from this squad.. it’s that simple.. 

50 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yes, that’s why I added “imo”. I often disagree with the poster who typed it, but on this occasion it reflects my own opinion quite closely.

Fairy nuff

34 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You don't believe that 1 win in 17 is a good reason for fans to call for managers head?

Hibs and Rangers performances, whilst not great performances  showed that injuries IS just an excuse in the second season of no more excuses.

Fire_At_The_Disco

Voted yes, we are first and foremost a football club and under this model we are a shite football club. Time for a knowledgeable ceo to take the reins. 

So many times I‘ve read, “Ann Budge is not a proper football person”! What are the qualifications needed to be a proper football person?

Did;

Hearts:- Bill Lindsay, Wallace Mercer, Chris Robinson, Vladimir Romanov have the qualifications??

Third Lanark:- Bill Hiddleston .... qualify?

Rangers Sevco:- David Murray, Charles Green, Craig Whyte, Dave King .... qualified?

Gretna:- Brooks Mileson.... qualify?

‘Proper football person’, give me a break ..

..... Ann Budge is 100% ‘fit and proper’!!

Geoff Kilpatrick

@CJGJ I started this poll because when FoH takes control, it is a step change.

Ann Budge is on record as saying she knows nothing about football. I don't buy that now she has been in the industry for 5 years. Equally, she seems extremely reluctant to make football decisions. So, given that her financial interest ends in February aside from her shareholding, the question is asked because of her football decision making.

Big Slim Stylee

I voted emphatically no. She’s earned the right to go whenever she chooses. I trust her judgement a damn sight more than what looks like half the people n this board.

Some of the abuse she gets on here is an utter disgrace. 

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

2 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I voted emphatically no. She’s earned the right to go whenever she chooses.

Indeed, my friend. 👍

Just now, Big Slim Stylee said:

I was momentarily so annoyed I edited it 😀

Agree even more after the edit. 

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I voted emphatically no. She’s earned the right to go whenever she chooses. I trust her judgement a damn sight more than what looks like half the people n this board.

you think she can go in 10 years with hearts winning 1 in 17 on average? 

11 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

So you you think her judgement in not sacking Levein is correct???

Voted yes, but reluctantly. 

Based purely on her Craig Levein blind spot and nothing else. 

Otherwise I'd have voted no. Great lady who stepped forward with the £2m+ to do the deal that lead to us all being able to save our beloved club. 

portobellojambo1
18 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There is sentiment on here that Ann Budge is being tarnished and indecisive over her handling of Craig Levein. Given that in a few months time the ownership of HMFC will change, do you think there should be change at all levels of the club?

I've not voted at all Geoff, but while I think a while back she would probably have been willing to stay on I now think that at the end of this season she will leave the club totally. I think she has probably learned more during the course of this season than in all of the other years of her involvement combined. People are standing up and voicing their opinions now and I genuinely don't think it was something expected.

scott herbertson

No from me

she's been great for us

doubt if she will want to stay on anyway - I wouldn't in her shoes

Nelly Terraces

Hopefully she goes as soon as possible. She is an utter disaster & spends more time sucking up to the other lot across the city than she does doing anything to benefit Heart of Midlothian. A completely arrogant ego maniac who listens to nobody.

Good riddance.

Levein can't win back the fans now, he has to go, I voted for her to stay, but only because she saved us and in the hope she fires him soon, if she doesn't, I will change my vote.

23 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Hopefully she goes as soon as possible. She is an utter disaster & spends more time sucking up to the other lot across the city than she does doing anything to benefit Heart of Midlothian. A completely arrogant ego maniac who listens to nobody.

Good riddance.

jesus 😮

37 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Good riddance.

There's opinions and opinions and then their is hateful bile.

Ridiculous amount of trust in Levein

‘Genuine fans’ comment along with other ridiculous statements

Creating a love in with Hibernian

Employs her Hibee brother and nephew

Doesn’t want to win football games

Victimises own fans - fails to call out Old Firm

In denial about how many people want her and Levein out

Ruining her legacy

Overseeing relegation to the championship - pending 

Done some good for the club but it’s time to go along with the rest of the spineless board, imposter management team + physios and scouts. Get them all out. 

46 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Ridiculous amount of trust in Levein

‘Genuine fans’ comment along with other ridiculous statements

Creating a love in with Hibernian

Employs her Hibee brother and nephew

Doesn’t want to win football games

Victimises own fans - fails to call out Old Firm

In denial about how many people want her and Levein out

Ruining her legacy

Overseeing relegation to the championship - pending 

Done some good for the club but it’s time to go along with the rest of the spineless board, imposter management team + physios and scouts. Get them all out. 

Can’t argue stupid I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

19 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Am a no. The bigger picture planning and the impact she has made is sensational, in my

opinion. I totally understand and feel the frustrations but I think she will have learned loads from this and her next appointment etc won’t be as difficult to manage when under performing. She still has my trust. 

This is where I am.

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Good riddance.

Utter bollocks. ☹️

2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

No from me

she's been great for us

doubt if she will want to stay on anyway - I wouldn't in her shoes

Sadly, that is also my view.  It is however based on some of the stuff I read on here from a tiny minority of literally tens of thousands of Hearts supporters who don't post on here.

I just hope that sanity will prevail but the 5-0 loss to Livingston makes me wonder why levein is still with us.  It was hardly a one-off.

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So you you think her judgement in not sacking Levein is correct???

On the fence. She's earned the right to get it wrong. It won't change my mind about her or the utter toe rags - and they are absolute dregs -  that spew bile. 

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I'm in agreement with this. 

9 hours ago, Uilleam said:

I voted yes she is loyal to CL and would take it personal when he does get removed she might want to leave at the point. Ann has been really good for the club and do wish her well.

She probably thinks the fans are over reacting. She is so out of touch she will have no idea why there is so much apathy and discontent.

Ernie Eskilsson

Voted no as imo Ann has earned the right to stay on. She has transformed the club. She is though being too loyal to Levein, I believe he is the problem. It may be that she knows that changing a manager is no guarantee of improvement (just look at Man U or Arsenal) and she’s taking time to try to make the right choice. I certainly hope so but she needs to get a move on as relegation would have a huge impact on both revenue and FOH contributions. And relegation is a real possibility with Levein in charge.

She needs to go for many of the reasons outlined on this thread including

allowing CL to give a 4 year contract to a guy (Damour) who can't get into the

current team (or any Hearts team for that matter) regularly. Beggars belief!

The reason she she hasn't got rid of Levein seems to be key.

If it's loyalty to Levein then I hope she swallows a bitter pill and does the right thing so we can move forward as a club and hopefully she can protect her legacy.

If it's arrogance that she's hired the right manager and that he must therefore come good then I'm afraid it's all over and hubris will ensure there is no coming back for her.

I'm not 100% certain which of the two it is.

Edited by Taffin

25 minutes ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

Voted no as imo Ann has earned the right to stay on. She has transformed the club. She is though being too loyal to Levein, I believe he is the problem. It may be that she knows that changing a manager is no guarantee of improvement (just look at Man U or Arsenal) and she’s taking time to try to make the right choice. I certainly hope so but she needs to get a move on as relegation would have a huge impact on both revenue and FOH contributions. And relegation is a real possibility with Levein in charge.

Although I voted yes, I would vote no if Levein was gone, I fully agree with everything else in this post.

44 minutes ago, Barack said:

What other teams do you suggest for a recovering injured player? The reserves? Women's? 2013 team?

He has not been selected for games prior to his injury! To me, awarding a 4 year contract to someone of his age

suggests that the manger thinks he will be a 'starter'. 

Fxxx the SPFL

i voted No, what would worry me is that when she does go we will possibly lose the goodwill of 'The Benefactors' who have ploughed millions into the club AS WE THE FANS HAVE.  She will obviously relinquish her role as CEO at some point and i think personally that she will not stay on even if we offer her the position.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

i voted No, what would worry me is that when she does go we will possibly lose the goodwill of 'The Benefactors' who have ploughed millions into the club AS WE THE FANS HAVE.  She will obviously relinquish her role as CEO at some point and i think personally that she will not stay on even if we offer her the position.

what good are benefactors if we give the money to a manager who will piss it up a wall

I wonder what she would do if CL were to knock on her door this morning and tell her it was time for him to leave?

Would she refuse or accept?

13 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

There’s no point benefactors pouring millions into the club to watch that shite on the park. 

10 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I agree with you regards the abuse, much of which is unwarranted, however once FoH take over, it isn't up to Budge to simply decide when she wants to go.

The decision rests with the board (majority shareholder?) to make that choice.  If they wish Budge to stay on and she accepts, then I'm cool with that, but in reality it isn't her decision to make, other than to accept or decline any future role offered.  As I understand it anyway.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

If it's loyalty to Levein then I hope she swallows a bitter pill and does the right thing so we can move forward as a club and hopefully she can protect her legacy.

If it's arrogance that she's hired the right manager and that he must therefore come good then I'm afraid it's all over and hubris will ensure there is no coming back for her.

This.

1 hour ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

I think she will leave after the shares have been handed over.

Why would she stay on to be abused by the lunatic fringe.

She doesn't have to put up with that hassle .

You are right we will likely lose the benefit of benefactors. 

Fan ownership gives me the fear ,the last few months are an indication of the future .

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I think she will leave after the shares have been handed over.

Why would she stay on to be abused by the lunatic fringe.

She doesn't have to put up with that hassle .

You are right we will likely lose the benefit of benefactors. 

Fan ownership gives me the fear ,the last few months are an indication of the future .

I actually look forward to having a shirt sponsor again.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I think it is this options because he has told her that the current problem is all down to just bad luck and a lot of injuries. She is so niave on the footballing front that she believes him.

Trouble is that by the time we get those injured players back it could be too late to recover from our lowly league position and we could be in a dogfight to stave off relegation.

Wednesday is a big big game for Levein and he will be trying not to lose rather than win. If St Johnstone win then we are in big trouble. 

7 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

On the fence. She's earned the right to get it wrong. It won't change my mind about her or the utter toe rags - and they are absolute dregs -  that spew bile. 

You’re on the fence - what a cop out!

As for your “toe rags” and “absolute dregs” comment there are very many decent Hearts fans who have now lost faith in Budge due to her blind acceptance of the crap being served up by Levein!

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You’re on the fence - what a cop out!

As for your “toe rags” and “absolute dregs” comment there are very many decent Hearts fans who have now lost faith in Budge due to her blind acceptance of the crap being served up by Levein!

To the point of spewing bile?  

Budge can, rightly, be criticised for her inaction over a manager who is in decline, but using that situation to reference other stuff is a bit off, in my book.

jack D and coke
On 27/10/2019 at 09:38, Haringshairband said:

I voted yes but I would change my vote should Levein be punted before Christmas.

First post I’ve agreed with on here. 
Really stuck in two minds but she could redeem herself and regain a huge amount of support if she seemed to say right enough is enough here and remove Levein in all capacities. 
I go into every weekend expecting us to lose. For it to be the same weekend i read that the fans have put £9m into the club just isn’t on at all. 

8 minutes ago, Boris said:

To the point of spewing bile?  

Budge can, rightly, be criticised for her inaction over a manager who is in decline, but using that situation to reference other stuff is a bit off, in my book.

Not only off but actually detracts from the real issue. Which is getting rid of CL.