PROTEST FOR RANGERS GAME 20th October

dellboy1971

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

What is the point in protesting? AB is not going to be swayed by a protest nor will it influence whether CL feels as though he can continue as manager. Things will take their natural course. This protest will only be counterproductive and is the last thing we need now. Ann Budge is fully aware of how the fans feel and she has stated her position. If we get everyone back from injury and continue to perform poorly then I think she will act.

This will never happen, and the other squad players we have are too weak to cover effectively for most of the long term injuries we have. Coupled with the never ending saga of selecting Sean Clare for every game, haring & naismith being out for what seems like an eternity with a hernia & 'tight hamstring' - it's a joke. 

Blame lies with the manager & staff for assembling such a limp group of underachievers.. 

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Bazzas right boot

• 1874robbo

• davemclaren

38 minutes ago, communist said:

This will never happen, and the other squad players we have are too weak to cover effectively for most of the long term injuries we have. Coupled with the never ending saga of selecting Sean Clare for every game, haring & naismith being out for what seems like an eternity with a hernia & 'tight hamstring' - it's a joke. 

Blame lies with the manager & staff for assembling such a limp group of underachievers.. 

Inevitably there will always be some players injured, but when we have the bulk of our quality players back then more of a judgement can be made. I don't think there's much disagreement amongst the support about the quality of the squad though i.e. I think most fans think we have a good squad. But, yes, they are definitely underachieving.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Makes sense. I wonder how much confidence the players have in the formation and tactics they are asked to play at times. Could also be a factor. It just looks like they’ve not bought into what is being asked of them at times. I also think individual performances are being harmed by being moved position.

I think this is one of the biggest problems. We chop and change formation so regularly how are the players meant to build up an understanding with each other. 

1 hour ago, communist said:

Difficult to see when we will have the majority of our best players fit. 

Walker - probably November

Washington - probably December

Souttar - probably January

So we would have to make it to January with no more significant injuries. 

And even then, you just know the excuse will be the good players need a couple of months playing together before they can be judged. Before you know it, it’s March 2020 and the season is nearly over. 

3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I think this is one of the biggest problems. We chop and change formation so regularly how are the players meant to build up an understanding with each other. 

Definitely. 

5 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Looking forward to the game and confident that the vast majority of Hearts fans will get fully behind the team.

What will the reaction be from the “vast majority of Hearts fans” to Levein if Rangers give us a right doing???

A quick chorus of “we’ll support you ever more” or “one Craig Levein there’s only one Craig Levein”????

Or will it be a solo performance from your good self?? 🤔

20 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Okay, I apologise in that case.  

Theres supporting the good and the bad and theres sitting back and watching a single single person come the ***** with the football club and is too pig headed to do what’s in the best interests of the club.  That person needs removed before it can become good again and it doesn’t look like anything is going to remove him so it’s time for protest.  I’m sure pieman thought the fans knew sod all either and he was doing his best for the club and again, too pig headed to do the right thing. 

This is NOTHING like the Pieman era at the club.

5 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

What is the point in protesting? AB is not going to be swayed by a protest nor will it influence whether CL feels as though he can continue as manager. Things will take their natural course. This protest will only be counterproductive and is the last thing we need now. Ann Budge is fully aware of how the fans feel and she has stated her position. If we get everyone back from injury and continue to perform poorly then I think she will act.

“Natural course”??? With respect Budge not taking action to replace a failed Manager is anything but natural.

I wonder if Budge is fully aware of the simmering anger and frustration of her paying customers!

You are right about one thing - Levein does not give a flying **** about any bodies opinion as he thinks he is Mr Football.

I hope the intention of the protesters is just to have a quick protest ( it will need to be, 12.15 ko)

I hope there isn't going to be any attempt to block the turnstiles and turn this 'protest' into a picket line.

I'm intending to enter as soon as the gates are open just in case.

Nothing against them having a protest as long as they support the team at the match. 

3 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

And even then, you just know the excuse will be the good players need a couple of months playing together before they can be judged. Before you know it, it’s March 2020 and the season is nearly over. 

Absolutely, its dire. 

The players need to step up. I don't think they have it in them, but I'll be there all the same tomorrow. 

Mon the Hearts. 

23 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Even if you were right, what’s wrong with fighting for better anyway? It’s exactly what’s wrong with quite a few Hearts fans.  “Ah well, we’re shite now and again anyway”. It’s a poison. 

Put demands on the team and club when justified. Fans CAN influence the attitude in a club, we have done before just like other clubs supporters.  

We slag the old firm, particularly Rangers fans , for their apparent delusions and entitlement but at least their attitude drips into the psyche of their club and you better believe they fight for it. In the end they always come good.  They don’t accept pish.  

What a load of pish. You were almost onto something initially but you are away down the wrong road. Our first team is mince just now and I for one am keen to see us revert to the original DOF/progressive Head Coach (which I don't think we have on our books) but to even fleetingly think that rangers are anything to aspire to is so so wrong. The question you should ask yourself is 'how have rangers got to the top of the league' and look at the journey of overpaying players in div 2, developing absolutely nothing sustainable and ethical, playing shite football (until Gerard arrived - I think this generation i.e. Southgate, Lampard, Solskjaer, there are probably others have a positive philosophy), all in the name of their obsession with celtic. Hopefully they will disappear forever in due course. Am I happy with not winning? No. Do i want to win at all costs (as rangers are doing)? No. I am confident that we will come again and I will be delighted to remind you of your slavering when we do. Though some say the rangers and celtic are grand, but the boys in maroon are the best in the land. And don't forget it.

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t disagree though I think the lack of spirit, in the team,  is down to a lack of confidence. 

Why did we lack confidence after beating Hibs, then Aberdeen and getting a draw at St Mirren.

after 3 without loss you’d have thought confidence would be high V Killie.

Absolutely honking that day!!

My first team analysis is:

Berra cannot be a first pick now. I love him but he should just be filling in.

We are sorely missing (and have done for ages) a midfield leader.

We should attack all the time as a matter of course.

We miss John Robertson.

On 18/10/2019 at 17:07, Bridge of Djoum said:

Need a poll. 

1. Are you protesting the boycott?

2. Are you boycotting the protest?

3. ST Johnstone?

How about a poll to discover which previously banned poster Last Laff is?

20 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Then they need to be match fit! long road ahead.

To be honest! With the game been live, a protest is probably only going to give more creditability to what’s been going on the pitch. 

change is needed, maybe force the arm of AB seen as the whole nation will see it! 

16 minutes ago, farin said:

Pitchforks on the plaza after the game. 

63A8E342-D104-4F55-B92F-AA261560D9D2.jpeg.62894d585cf845ae5fd44cbeb59d0188.jpeg

Hope thats not flares :D  Don't want anyone getting banned :P 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Hope thats not flares :D  Don't want anyone getting banned :P 

getting made to stay the full 90 would be more of a punishment.

Bridge of Djoum

So we opted for boycotting the protest it seems.

Some posters here really need to find hobbies, employment, love. 

3 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

But, but what about that embarrassing flag that the roasters made. :facepalm:

That was a beamer .

I'm in the Levein out camp(still am)

But Budge didnt steal the club.

Decent banner apart from the writing though

Was there around 12 but just looked like the normal amount of people hanging about before going in. 

Defo no protest banners or chants!

Edited by Morph

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Too busy drinking with their rangers pals.

Was coming on to post this. 

😂😂😂

Too early for many as well I reckon. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Too much apathy even for a protest?

Too much Intelligence I reckon. 

24 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:
  • Most of the people trying to arrange the protest never go anywhere near Tynecastle.

One person didnt even live in UK

WheatfieldWarrior

I don't think there was appetite for a protest after the Hibs and Aberdeen results among most fans.

Even with the protest a few weeks ago, the estimated 300 figure vs the 15,000 hearts fans that were at the game means that 98% of fans at the game gave that protest a body swerve.