Worst start to a league campaign for 45 years.

Getintaethem

The excuse culture we have created under Levein is our biggest problem. Excuses justify the bar being lowered. The bar has been lowered so much that we are now justifying back to back 6th place finishes. Some fans are now even trying to justify our worst start to a season in 4 decades, a run that includes the worst run in the clubs history and a run which now sees us sitting 9th in the top flight after almost a full run of fixtures. Excuses kill us and give everyone from the board, management and players to the fans reasons to not expect a certain standard. Call me arrogant but I certainly feel even a second string Hearts side should have enough about it pick up points at home to Hamilton, Motherwell, Killie and Ross County. I won’t ever lower my expectations of Hearts to justify losing two of those 4 games, no matter who is wearing the jersey. Our set up on Saturday was nothing short of shambolic and our approach to the game ie tempo and shape in and out of possession was also shambolic. I don’t believe for one minute had Uche been playing any of what we saw would’ve changed drastically. 

The simple truth is, this situation has been allowed to go on too long. Everyone knows it, I suspect even Levein and Budge know it. The problem Budge and Levein face is, they both want Levein to go back to DoF and know he can’t under the current cloud. They are giving him as many opportunities to turn this round so that if we say, win 4 or 5 on the bounce and even maybe win a cup, he can fire back upstairs and their relationship can stay as is. As it stands now, Levein will need to be removed fully from both his roles to satisfy the fans. We find ourselves now just waiting and hoping that he somehow pulls that run or cup out the bag. 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• annushorribilis III

• Ron Burgundy

• Getintaethem

I really don't have any interest in international football, in relation to Austin MacPhee and what he does with Hearts. How do Northern Ireland play? They seem to be successful. Is their style similar to ours? ie defensive.

Was reading elsewhere that CL takes the team from Thursday. Hopefully the "football review" will highlight that

A. This is not working and

B. A lot of the coaches are not able to produce a winning Hearts team

Injuries are horrendous but cannot hide our lack of urgency, desire and any form of Plan B or in game management. Strange team selections, strange substitutions and a never ending period of setting up to not lose, concedeing, chasing games and, in general losing.

Due to holidays etc the only decent performance I've seen from Hearts in my 5 games attended was Motherwell away in the League Cup. Obviously Walker, Washington and Halkett are now injured from that line up but we were pretty good that night. Maybe it was a one off, it's the hope that kills you. 

Not defending Levein he should have been gone after the cup final.

Auldreekie1874
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

you are a strange one, on here for 10 years but virtually all of your posts have been in the last few weeks vociferously defending our worst run in history at every turn, and Sean Clare bizarrely. 

And you do it in a particularly aggressive way. 

at first I thought hibs, but now i think there is more at stake for you now somehow, I’m convinced you are in some way connected to the club and this set of coaches / players in particular. 

Reminds me of badger posting during the CPR out era.  He was unmasked eventually......

jack D and coke
13 hours ago, Sarah O said:

We'll beat The Rangers.

I’d love to believe that. Personally I see them beating us fairly comfortably. 
The game at hampden is likely to be a cricket score the way things are going. 

10 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Are you determined to miss the point? It seems that you are.

The point is that WE DO NOT HAVE first choice players at our disposal. 

THEY ARE INJURED.

You are literally too stupid to insult.

46 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’d love to believe that. Personally I see them beating us fairly comfortably. 
The game at hampden is likely to be a cricket score the way things are going. 

they will pump us rotten, we’ll be camped in for 90 minutes with Berra’s wayward missiles being launched randomly up to whoever is standing on his own up top. They smashed 5 past Hamilton yesterday who were better than us when we played them at home. 

13 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Injuries aside you would think we would still have Ross County's number tho eh.

Ross County like shafting us, why spoil their fun?

Levein's fan boys and happy clappers, you have to laugh. I wonder if they should get together and form a cult, with the fake manager as their not so glorious leader. 

:gok:

Hackney Hearts
14 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

They smashed 5 past Hamilton yesterday who were better than us when we played them at home. 

Fortunately football doesn't work like that.

Hearts will comfortably dispose of league leaders Rangers, who will rarely have experienced such a humbling in domestic competition, as Mauricio Pochettino records an emphatic victory in his first outing in charge of the revitalised Gorgie outfit - ooh hang on, I've just woken up.

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I think we have been the last 4 games. That was not the case previously to the Motherwell game at home 

I agree. 

Our defence has improved but we are now scoring less. 

We had Washington, Uche, Naismith and Walker out from our attacking options. 

Our league record is now clearly a sackable record but if a new manager came in this week, with our injuries I'm not sure things would improve as many think. 

A team missing

Halkett

Souttar 

Haring 

Walker 

Naismith 

Uche 

Washingston 

Is a crippled team, not sure anyone would cope with that. 

It's a ****ing joke tbh. 

Not sure a new manager working with our fit players will suddenly get results. 

jack D and coke
50 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

they will pump us rotten, we’ll be camped in for 90 minutes with Berra’s wayward missiles being launched randomly up to whoever is standing on his own up top. They smashed 5 past Hamilton yesterday who were better than us when we played them at home. 

Aye MacLean up top on his tod getting balls launched at his face or something equally hopeless I’d imagine pal. I’d probably be happy with 1-0 to them tbh. Save us a riddy cos we’ve no chance the way we play. 

Steady on. 

You'll be accused of being a hibee, a troll, a tit, an employee of Hearts, being C .............. the list is endless.

Common sense is not allowed on this forum or the "real" fans will shout you down.

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree. 

Our defence has improved but we are now scoring less. 

We had Washington, Uche, Naismith and Walker out from our attacking options. 

Our league record is now clearly a sackable record but if a new manager came in this week, with our injuries I'm not sure things would improve as many think. 

A team missing

Halkett

Souttar 

Haring 

Walker 

Naismith 

Uche 

Washingston 

Is a crippled team, not sure anyone would cope with that. 

It's a ****ing joke tbh. 

Not sure a new manager working with our fit players will suddenly get results. 

Steady on. 

You'll be accused of being a hibee, a troll, a tit, an employee of Hearts, being C .............. the list is endless.

Common sense is not allowed on this forum or the "real" fans will shout you down.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Steady on. 

I might well be considered most of the things you say there by plenty folk on here :lol: but I don’t anybody thinks I’m a hibee. 

In our second season of no more excuses, we are running dry of them already.

Fans

Injuries

Fans

Fans

Players

Injuries

Players

Referees

Fans 

Fans.

Never the useless manager, never.

Haringshairband
7 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Steady on. 

Or a deluded nugget.

2 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Or a deluded nugget.

Keep them coming if it makes you feel better.

It doesn't alter the facts.

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Keep them coming if it makes you feel better.

It doesn't alter the facts.

Serious question for you, why wait 10 years to start posting? Did you have no opinion during admin or when we pumped the vermin in the final?

Was your Wi-Fi down?

14 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Levein's one win in 24 against them gives me great hope.

🤣

That is beyond embarrassing.

20 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Steady on. 

The common sense is in no way coming from you.

The way to fish out a Hibee on here used to be the subtle negativity.  Now you are branded a Hibee for being positive.  

What the **** have we become

:sob:

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

The way to fish out a Hibee on here used to be the subtle negativity.  Now you are branded a Hibee for being positive.  

What the **** have we become

:sob:

There's being positive and then there is defending the indefensible.

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Yup.  There is not one positive I could even muster nowadays.  I have no idea how people can do it.  I can't even look at a picture of Budge or Levein without getting angry.

I am almost at the stage of thinking it would have been better for us to have liquidated than watch the daily decline of the club.

Thank **** the JKB mods do not moderate my whatsapp group chat with my pals or personal conversations in the pub with fellow Jambos.

alwaysthereinspirit
15 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Stranger things have happened.

It would see Levein get another reprieve for Livi and St Johnstone away which we’ll probably lose and the cycle starts all over again. 

We’ll get pumped though by 3 or 4, our defence won’t be able to handle Defoe and Morelos unfortunately. 

This. If we cant defend a cross ball against Kilmarnock,  aimed at one of the smallest guys on the park then we have no chance against "real" footballers. 16 years ago Burke scored against Hearts too. 16 years?

We're like a charity right now. We help everyone.

alwaysthereinspirit
33 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye MacLean up top on his tod getting balls launched at his face or something equally hopeless I’d imagine pal. I’d probably be happy with 1-0 to them tbh. Save us a riddy cos we’ve no chance the way we play. 

McLean getting balls to feet so he can try one of his back heel flicks he seems to need to do every game will see us through. They must work wonders in the keep away circle at practice.

Ron Burgundy
10 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

It’s really quite simple.

everybidy I know that wants Craig Levein to remain as hearts manager are Hibs fans.

Correct, every single Hearts supporter I know wants him gone completely and a fair percentage of them have turned on Budge and want her gone as well.

It's just a complete mess on the  ( mens ) football side from top to bottom.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

Psychedelicropcircle
35 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Steady on. 

If only Anne & Craig could clone you & smiths right testy 19998 times tynie would be happy clapper central.

now in Anne’s last statement she said we had accounted for injuries by having a bigger squad, so apparently it’s not that. 

3 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

If only Anne & Craig could clone you & smiths right testy 19998 times tynie would be happy clapper central.

now in Anne’s last statement she said we had accounted for injuries by having a bigger squad, so apparently it’s not that. 

You forgot Noah claypole in their wee club 

5 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Correct, every single Hearts supporter I know wants him gone completely and a fair percentage of them have turned on Budge and want her gone as well.

It's just a complete mess on the  ( mens ) football side from top to bottom.

I’m actually scratching my head as to how anybody that goes to the games can still defend the man!!! 

Ron Burgundy
Just now, 1874robbo said:

I’m actually scratching my head as to how anybody that goes to the games can still defend the man!!! 

No one does. Anyone who says they attend and still want him to continue are liars. 100%.

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

No one does. Anyone who says they attend and still want him to continue are liars. 100%.

Correct mate 

24 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Jeezo, calm down dear!

"defending the indefensible"?

Please behave yourself. God knows how you would behave if something really bad happened in your life.

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Jeezo, calm down dear!

"defending the indefensible"?

Please behave yourself. God knows how you would behave if something really bad happened in your life.

You are either a club sponsored troll or a vermin interloper.

I won't bother asking you again why you spent 10 years as a sleeper cell as you are a complete roaster.

11 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Fact

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You are either a club sponsored troll or a vermin interloper.

I won't bother asking you again why you spent 10 years as a sleeper cell as you are a complete roaster.

A "club sponsored troll"? 

Seriously? You're taking that paranoia to a new level.

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

A "club sponsored troll"? 

Seriously? You're taking that paranoia to a new level.

10 years a sleeper

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Steady on. 

I think it's best that CL goes tbh. 

Results are not good enough. 

I'm just not convinced that folks idea of the replacement are going to take us forward, particularly with our Injuries. 

It's just a shitey situation. 

Don't think there is a need for folk to be calling others out and slagging each other tho for having a difference of opinion. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

afanderson33

Here are the facts. We have a SQUAD of players. The manager signed the entire SQUAD of players. If the players that he is using due to injuries are not good enough, whose fault is that?

3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The excuse culture we have created under Levein is our biggest problem. Excuses justify the bar being lowered. The bar has been lowered so much that we are now justifying back to back 6th place finishes. Some fans are now even trying to justify our worst start to a season in 4 decades, a run that includes the worst run in the clubs history and a run which now sees us sitting 9th in the top flight after almost a full run of fixtures. Excuses kill us and give everyone from the board, management and players to the fans reasons to not expect a certain standard. Call me arrogant but I certainly feel even a second string Hearts side should have enough about it pick up points at home to Hamilton, Motherwell, Killie and Ross County. I won’t ever lower my expectations of Hearts to justify losing two of those 4 games, no matter who is wearing the jersey. Our set up on Saturday was nothing short of shambolic and our approach to the game ie tempo and shape in and out of possession was also shambolic. I don’t believe for one minute had Uche been playing any of what we saw would’ve changed drastically. 

The simple truth is, this situation has been allowed to go on too long. Everyone knows it, I suspect even Levein and Budge know it. The problem Budge and Levein face is, they both want Levein to go back to DoF and know he can’t under the current cloud. They are giving him as many opportunities to turn this round so that if we say, win 4 or 5 on the bounce and even maybe win a cup, he can fire back upstairs and their relationship can stay as is. As it stands now, Levein will need to be removed fully from both his roles to satisfy the fans. We find ourselves now just waiting and hoping that he somehow pulls that run or cup out the bag. 

The bar has been lowered so much we should be hosting the limbo dancing world championships for midgets.

22 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I'm a Russian spy. 

Please keep that to yourself though, it's a secret.

You’re just a knob.

16 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Here are the facts. We have a SQUAD of players. The manager signed the entire SQUAD of players. If the players that he is using due to injuries are not good enough, whose fault is that?

Excellent question 

Be interested to see the HC responses.

Injuries, injuries......................and ignore the question i suspect

Archie White
2 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Fortunately football doesn't work like that.

Hearts will comfortably dispose of league leaders Rangers, who will rarely have experienced such a humbling in domestic competition, as Mauricio Pochettino records an emphatic victory in his first outing in charge of the revitalised Gorgie outfit - ooh hang on, I've just woken up.

I never laugh out loud at posts but that one got me :)

The People's Chimp
16 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Probably ties in with the most injuries we've had since 1974 too.

Who'd have thought?

Club plant. KB has gone full circle.