Worst start to a league campaign for 45 years.

Getintaethem

Getintaethem

So the remaining "excuse", injuries...

Fair enough, we've lost some big players.  We did however start the season with a huge squad.  We had two fit strikers on Saturday, both of which were deemed good enough to be first team squad players by the management team at the start of the campaign.  Yet, both weren't considered good enough to start the game on Saturday, instead we played with no recognised strikers!

It's possible Haring will return after the break.  It'll probably take him a few games to get up to speed.  But in reality what major impact will he have?  Whelan has arguably been our best player over the last few games, so we're pretty well covered in the defensive midfield area which is Harings best position.  Wait, let me guess... We'll play with two defensive midfielders, just like we have been!  Against Kilmarnock on Saturday we played two defensive midfielders and three centre halves.  Kilmarnock played with one upfront.  Don't get me wrong the five players who we used to snuff Brophy out and deny him service did their job, Brophy didn't score!  Wonderful!  Unfortunately that left our other five outfield players to try to break down their well organised team.  Our "wing backs" spent most of their time tracking back as Kilmarnock had the foresight to sign an experienced winger (something we should have done in the past two seasons) in Burke.  That left Clare, Meshino and Irving (who is in reality ANOTHER defensive midfielder) as our attacking threat.  Would it be unfair of me to suggest that our set up is slightly over defensive?

We may also see Naismith return, he'll need games to get his sharpness back, but will undoubtedly provide some leadership and drive on the pitch.  How much support will he get though, the majority of his teammates will be sitting in their own half as one of three centre backs or one of a multitude of defensive midfielders.

You would think our large squad and much vaunted youth system would have helped us through this difficult period.  In reality, although Irving has got some game time, Hickey is the only youngster who has played regularly, and if we're honest with ourselves he isn't really a product of our academy.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• annushorribilis III

• Ron Burgundy

• Getintaethem

The injury crisis is crippling us, there can be no doubt about it. Last season we pretty much had the whole back 4 out, this season almost all of the attacking players we brought in have been injured, with big Uche too.

However, when you have limited resources you play the best players available in their natural positions, you play to the strengths of the resources at your disposal, 4 games in a row we have tried to play the back 3 and it does not suit our players. 

Injury crisis or not,6 months without a league win at home, worst start in over 40 years, time has come and gone, change  must happen 

The Real Maroonblood
58 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You are either a club sponsored troll or a vermin interloper.

I won't bother asking you again why you spent 10 years as a sleeper cell as you are a complete roaster.

Maybe a prison cell.

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Maybe a prison cell.

Possibly.

His brain is single cell of that there is no doubt.

6 hours ago, Haringshairband said:

He doesn't respond to genuine points or questions. Just repeats "injuries but injuries" while rocking back and forth.

Aye. Didn't really expect a response, tbh. I'm just baffled by the bizarre logic that many beleveiner's come up with for keeping him in position. 

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Aye. Didn't really expect a response, tbh. I'm just baffled by the bizarre logic that many beleveiner's come up with for keeping him in position. 

Its injuries don't you know!!!!:whistling:

4 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Possibly.

His brain is single cell of that there is no doubt.

What are you guys like with the personal abuse?

It's simple really, you know you've lost the argument and have nothing else to fall back on. Not to worry, you can always boo the players at the next game, that'll make you feel better.

HMFC deserve better supporters.

afanderson33
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

What are you guys like with the personal abuse?

It's simple really, you know you've lost the argument and have nothing else to fall back on. Not to worry, you can always boo the players at the next game, that'll make you feel better.

HMFC deserve better supporters.

Care to answer my earlier question? 

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Its injuries don't you know!!!!:whistling:

Ahh! That explains the terrible tactics, the lack of urgency, the awful performance, the baffling substitutions... 

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Ahh! That explains the terrible tactics, the lack of urgency, the awful performance, the baffling substitutions... 

No no your not getting this :rofl:

Its all about the injuries nothing else end of.

Please keep to the authorized script, you are raising questions that cant be answered.

7 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

I will answer on his behalf.

Its the injuries.

What was the question?:unsure2:

9 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Did you ask me a question, I must have missed it?

What was the question?

Haringshairband

What was the question?

Craig, you should really be working on tactics and a decent formation rather than trolling kickback.

Governor Tarkin
38 minutes ago, The People's Chimp said:

Club plant. KB has gone full circle. 

I thought spoleto might be one of the chaps from over your side of the road having a spot of fun.

9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

What was the question?

It does'nt matter what the question was.

You know the answer !! Its always the same. 

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I thought spoleto might be one of the chaps from over your side of the road having a spot of fun.

I initially thought that but now I really do think he's something far weirder.

Also when you check his profile his recent visitors list is hidden. Didn't know you could do that but I bet there has been a fair few folk checking him out.

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I initially thought that but now I really do think he's something far weirder.

Also when you check his profile his recent visitors list is hidden. Didn't know you could do that but I bet there has been a fair few folk checking him out.

That's odd behaviour. 

I'm a Hearts fan, pure and simple. It's just that I have a brain and like to think for myself, I'm not one of the sheep. 

You can disagree with me, you clearly do, that's your prerogative, that doesn't make your opinion any more valid than mine.

7 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Those are SOME of the facts, not ALL of the facts.

You are making a rather simplistic statement, but I suspect you already know that. 

Ron Burgundy

That's odd behaviour. 

I'm a Hearts fan, pure and simple. It's just that I have a brain and like to think for myself, I'm not one of the sheep. 

You can disagree with me, you clearly do, that's your prerogative, that doesn't make your opinion any more valid than mine.

Explain your 10 years of silence prior to this latest crisis.

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

I  don't feel the need to explain anything to you. Stamp your feet and shout a bit louder, see if that helps. If not, try resorting to more name calling and personal abuse and see where that gets you.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Those are SOME of the facts, not ALL of the facts.

You are making a rather simplistic statement, but I suspect you already know that. 

You are avoiding the question, but I suspect you already know that

51 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

So the remaining "excuse", injuries...

Fair enough, we've lost some big players.  We did however start the season with a huge squad.  We had two fit strikers on Saturday, both of which were deemed good enough to be first team squad players by the management team at the start of the campaign.  Yet, both weren't considered good enough to start the game on Saturday, instead we played with no recognised strikers!

It's possible Haring will return after the break.  It'll probably take him a few games to get up to speed.  But in reality what major impact will he have?  Whelan has arguably been our best player over the last few games, so we're pretty well covered in the defensive midfield area which is Harings best position.  Wait, let me guess... We'll play with two defensive midfielders, just like we have been!  Against Kilmarnock on Saturday we played two defensive midfielders and three centre halves.  Kilmarnock played with one upfront.  Don't get me wrong the five players who we used to snuff Brophy out and deny him service did their job, Brophy didn't score!  Wonderful!  Unfortunately that left our other five outfield players to try to break down their well organised team.  Our "wing backs" spent most of their time tracking back as Kilmarnock had the foresight to sign an experienced winger (something we should have done in the past two seasons) in Burke.  That left Clare, Meshino and Irving (who is in reality ANOTHER defensive midfielder) as our attacking threat.  Would it be unfair of me to suggest that our set up is slightly over defensive?

We may also see Naismith return, he'll need games to get his sharpness back, but will undoubtedly provide some leadership and drive on the pitch.  How much support will he get though, the majority of his teammates will be sitting in their own half as one of three centre backs or one of a multitude of defensive midfielders.

You would think our large squad and much vaunted youth system would have helped us through this difficult period.  In reality, although Irving has got some game time, Hickey is the only youngster who has played regularly, and if we're honest with ourselves he isn't really a product of our academy.

McLean barely fit. Hardly trained last week. So your first point is incorrect.

Didn’t read anymore of it. 

Getintaethem
2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

He was down in Leicester for a bit, then moved to Kirkaldy for a wee while before taking a job in Dundee.  Worked in Glasgow for a bit after that, job involved a lot of travelling so didn't get time to post much.

Getintaethem
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

McLean barely fit. Hardly trained last week. So your first point is incorrect.

Didn’t read anymore of it. 

Yet he came on at halftime?  Maybe you should have read more, might give you a different perspective.

2 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

He was down in Leicester for a bit, then moved to Kirkaldy for a wee while before taking a job in Dundee.  Worked in Glasgow for a bit after that, job involved a lot of travelling so didn't get time to post much.

Ha ha, very funny. 

You forgot to mention that I'm also holding down two jobs at the moment.

Just now, Getintaethem said:

Yet he came on at halftime?  Maybe you should have read more, might give you a different perspective.

Only fit for a 45 min input to game. Only used if  absolutely needed. 

I did, Hickey is clearly a product of our academy. Was with us then was tempted (£££’s) to go to Parkhead. Realised pretty quickly he had made a mistake and after a year asked us to take him back. We did, at a price, but certainly a product of the Hearts academy. 

3 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

He did come on at HT but didn't touch the ball until around the 70th minute - posted missing.

Getintaethem

Ha ha, very funny. 

You forgot to mention that I'm also holding down two jobs at the moment.

Fair point!  Appreciate you finding time to post, I know you're a busy man!

1 minute ago, Getintaethem said:

Fair point!  Appreciate you finding time to post, I know you're a busy man!

Now we know why the tactics are crap, spends all his time on JKB

afanderson33
2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

He did come on at HT but didn't touch the ball until around the 70th minute - posted missing.

Given a two year deal by your hero, the infallible Craig Levein, though.

Getintaethem
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Only fit for a 45 min input to game. Only used if  absolutely needed. 

I did, Hickey is clearly a product of our academy. Was with us then was tempted (£££’s) to go to Parkhead. Realised pretty quickly he had made a mistake and after a year asked us to take him back. We did, at a price, but certainly a product of the Hearts academy. 

Only a year at Celtic?  You sure about that?

Imagine these BBC arseholes were around in the 1985/6 season when we were only 1 point better off after 8 games and were already knocked out the league cup. I hate folk that love it when we struggle. 

5 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Given a two year deal by your hero, the infallible Craig Levein, though.

You guys need to make your mind up. 

CL is an idiot because he didn't play Maclean from the start.

CL is an idiot because have signed Maclean in the first place. 

Which is it to be?

I actually thought it was a terrible signing and still do. I don't expect CL signed him with a view to him playing every week though, and certainly not to be a solo striker.

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Imagine these BBC arseholes were around in the 1985/6 season when we were only 1 point better off after 8 games and were already knocked out the league cup. I hate folk that love it when we struggle. 

This.

9 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Only a year at Celtic?  You sure about that?

Pretty sure. Certainly been with us longer than them in total. 

Edited by soonbe110

afanderson33
4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

You guys need to make your mind up. 

CL is an idiot because he didn't play Maclean from the start.

CL is an idiot because have signed Maclean in the first place. 

Which is it to be?

I actually thought it was a terrible signing and still do. I don't expect CL signed him with a view to him playing every week though, and certainly not to be a solo striker.

He can be a dreadful signing, and still be the best choice we have given what's available. Your points are not mutually exclusive. 

Getintaethem
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Lets hope we can go on a run that even begins to get close to the run we had that season.  Think Doddie was a much more attack minded manager though, and I think that's why so many have serious concerns.

3 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Lets hope we can go on a run that even begins to get close to the run we had that season.  Think Doddie was a much more attack minded manager though, and I think that's why so many have serious concerns.

He was that attack minded we managed to score 2 away to St Mirren, you know the rest.

Getintaethem
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Pretty sure. Certainly been with us longer than them in total. 

You may be right.  I was under the impression that he went through there at 12 and spent most of his formative years playing 11's through there.  Hence the reason for the 30% sell on clause.  No doubt there are posters on here that know the right of it.

4 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

You may be right.  I was under the impression that he went through there at 12 and spent most of his formative years playing 11's through there.  Hence the reason for the 30% sell on clause.  No doubt there are posters on here that know the right of it.

No, I think the sell-on was comp for breaking his contract to return to us. 

Getintaethem
10 minutes ago, graygo said:

He was that attack minded we managed to score 2 away to St Mirren, you know the rest.

😆 I was at that game, we took a tanking that day!  We did go on to hump them four times that season to get our revenge.

21 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

He can be a dreadful signing, and still be the best choice we have given what's available. Your points are not mutually exclusive. 

True, but as another poster has already pointed out it seems Maclean wasn't fully match fit so perhaps CL simply had to play the cards he had been dealt as best he could.

I know that doesn't fit the anti Levein agenda but hey ho!

afanderson33

True, but as another poster has already pointed out it seems Maclean wasn't fully match fit so perhaps CL simply had to play the cards he had been dealt as best he could.

I know that doesn't fit the anti Levein agenda but hey ho!

Why not come out and explain this? Why not play Aidan Keena? 

8 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

😆 I was at that game, we took a tanking that day!  We did go on to hump them four times that season to get our revenge.

Likewise. No clue whatsoever what was on the horizon. 

1 minute ago, Getintaethem said:

Stewart Brown mentioned our May '85 defeat at Love Street in his Evening News preview of the August game. "Hearts certainly won't lose 5-2 tomorrow". He wrote.

I suppose, technically, he was spot on.

13 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Me too and while I would say that while it's unlikely we will do anything even remotely similar this time, nobody saw it coming then either.