Worst start to a league campaign for 45 years.

Getintaethem

Getintaethem

Our worst start in the league since 1974 according to the sportscene pundits.  Any of our stattos confirm this?

Can't see it getting better anytime soon, with the next game being an on form Rangers team.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• annushorribilis III

• Ron Burgundy

• Getintaethem

3 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Our worst start in the league since 1974 according to the sportscene pundits.  Any of our stattos confirm this?

Can't see it getting better anytime soon, with the next game being an on form Rangers team.

This could be rough. Mcinnes has the dons fans gunning for him after the doing they handed out. Anything similar will probably create a similar level of seethe among our own fans. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Probably ties in with the most injuries we've had since 1974 too.

Who'd have thought?

No excise

we are rubbish 

We finished 8th that season. So aye, looks about right, I reckon if this keeps going, we’ll finish 8th this season. 

We will get horsed by Rangers and hopefully that’s enough for the board to sack him, make the right change and save our season from being the 4th miserable shitefest on the bounce. 🤷🏼‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

We'll beat The Rangers.

There's always an outside chance we'll pluck an occasional win this season. Why would you expect that to happen  in our toughest home match so far?

Edited by stan

3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

We'll beat The Rangers.

Stranger things have happened.

It would see Levein get another reprieve for Livi and St Johnstone away which we’ll probably lose and the cycle starts all over again. 

We’ll get pumped though by 3 or 4, our defence won’t be able to handle Defoe and Morelos unfortunately. 

13 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Who'd have thought?

We have a far bigger squad than in 1974.

No excuses at all are being made now apart from your good self. 😏

Knowing our luck we'll beat rangers that buys him more time then we resort back to dug shit and get turned over by livi, again, and st johnstone. 

29 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Who'd have thought?

Ffs!!!

29 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No excise

we are rubbish 

You can't  really say it's no excuse.  At the very least  it's a plausible reason but it's not the only factor 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No excise

we are rubbish 

Well I reckon 7 players not playing yesterday might make a difference. 

No excuse needed that is a reason. 

Another reason teams are remarkably well organized. Being without 4 of your primary attack,  2 of your best defensive players,  and your midfield enforcer,  you have to be really stupid to think we can carry on without effect

Hearts are a bit like the Scotland team at the moment - with the injuries we have a new manager would have limited choice to change things. He wouldn’t have any budget for new players as when our players are all fit we have a strong first team.

The last time we had all our players fit we went top of the league and unbeaten in whatever under Levein.

Dont deny we can do better - Levein has proven it with last season’s squad - fully fit and stocked.

Another achievement for the Budge and Levein trophy cabinet. Park it besude the non alcoholic Heineken and speak n spell machines.

Edited by i8hibsh

17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Another reason teams are remarkably well organized. Being without 4 of your primary attack,  2 of your best defensive players,  and your midfield enforcer,  you have to be really stupid to think we can carry on without effect

It appears that we have quite a few stupid supporters. 

I get the fact that people are upset, who wouldn't be, but the fact is that we are missing key players throughout the team and it DOES have a major impact on us.

57 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Who'd have thought?

:rofl:

Wow.

Still have the players to be beating Hamilton and County at home. 

Worst effort shown since 1874 is more what you were looking for.

pettigrewsstylist
48 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Stranger things have happened.

It would see Levein get another reprieve for Livi and St Johnstone away which we’ll probably lose and the cycle starts all over again. 

We’ll get pumped though by 3 or 4, our defence won’t be able to handle Defoe and Morelos unfortunately. 

Hope we dont bring players back from injury before Livi. Let the rangers game go and focus on available pts only.

Looks like this season is about finishing 10th or above.

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I get the fact that people are upset, who wouldn't be, but the fact is that we are missing key players throughout the team and it DOES have a major impact on us.

We have signed 80 players in 5 years and we still can't play a regular XI or have strength in depth.

annushorribilis III
21 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Hearts are a bit like the Scotland team at the moment - with the injuries we have a new manager would have limited choice to change things. He wouldn’t have any budget for new players as when our players are all fit we have a strong first team.

The last time we had all our players fit we went top of the league and unbeaten in whatever under Levein.

Dont deny we can do better - Levein has proven it with last season’s squad - fully fit and stocked.

I've seen some bad posts on here but I think you win. You won the internet. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, i8hibsh said:

We have signed 80 players in 5 years and we still can't play a regular XI or have strength in depth.

You don't think we should have signed 

Halkett 

Souttar 

Haring 

Washington 

Walker 

Naismith 

Ikpeazu 

Haringshairband
6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

You're either a troll or Craig Levein himself. It's not just the injuries it's how he sets up the team with bizarre tactics and players being played in wrong positions, not to mention the eyebleeding style of football.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

You don't think we should have signed 

Halkett 

Souttar 

Haring 

Washington 

Walker 

Naismith 

Ikpeazu 

Course we should have. I just don't think we should have signed the other 73.

annushorribilis III
29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

But not in our case. Hearts can't get organised enough to not get beat. 

25 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I agree with you.

I don't think he is the man for the job but if we had a fully-fit squad we would be in the top 3. But then wouldn't that make him the man for the job?

At the end of the day, Budge won't sack him becaues of the injuries. If we were playing this badly without the injuries she would have canned him ages ago. She sees real value in him as a coach/manager and thus won't can him becuase he can't achieve what he otherwise has done/could do with a fully-fit team.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Course we should have. I just don't think we should have signed the other 73.

And yet THOSE are the key players that we are missing. 

It's really not rocket science.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

I think we have been the last 4 games. That was not the case previously to the Motherwell game at home 

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, JJ93 said:

I agree with you.

I don't think he is the man for the job but if we had a fully-fit squad we would be in the top 3. But then wouldn't that make him the man for the job?

At the end of the day, Budge won't sack him becaues of the injuries. If we were playing this badly without the injuries she would have canned him ages ago. She sees real value in him as a coach/manager and thus won't can him becuase he can't achieve what he otherwise has done/could do with a fully-fit team.

Fair enough.  What does she see that we are all missing ? 

And yet THOSE are the key players that we are missing. 

It's really not rocket science.

I don't think anyone has ever said it is not going to have an impact but it does not give you an excuse for losing every week. We need to deal with it and we are not.

1 hour ago, Getintaethem said:

We were bottom of the 18 team first division with two points after six Games. We didn't have an injury crisis and several of the so-called reserves were decent enough players if need be. We had a manager who allegedly had 'lost the dressing room' and Seith was sacked after a 4-1 home defeat to Aberdeen, followed by a 5-0 thrashing from Dundee United at Tannadice. We aren't getting a hammering like those days back in 1974 but we are a very hard watch and displaying relegation form.

2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Jeezo. 

Do you think two players going off injured  in the first half might disrupt the best laid plans? Or in yesterdays case having to deal with losing Ikpeazu and then have Damour going off injured in the first half might cause a problem? 

The truth is it would cause a problem at ANY TIME, but much worse when we are already short of 7 of our first choice of players.

annushorribilis III
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think we have been the last 4 games. That was not the case previously to the Motherwell game at home 

Quote me the results. You're deliberately trolling. 

7 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Fair enough.  What does she see that we are all missing ? 

Not ALL of us. Just the noisy minority.

Do you think your opinion is any more important or valued than the rest of us?

Edited by Spoleto
spelling

pettigrewsstylist

Maybe just play whole reserve team. At least they have balanced squad to select from and established fmns and tactics???

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I don't think anyone has ever said it is not going to have an impact but it does not give you an excuse for losing every week. We need to deal with it and we are not.

As Gio pointed out it's NOT an excuse, it's a reason.

We can only DEAL WITH IT when we get some of those players back.

In the meantime WE can stop getting on the players backs and try supporting them. 

WE are part of the problem.

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, Spoleto said:

In the meantime WE can stop getting on the players backs and try supporting them. 

You certainly are. 

19 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I honestly don't think they have. 

We humped Celtic at home when they hadn’t lost in about a year. 🤷🏼‍♂️

annushorribilis III

Jeezo. 

Do you think two players going off injured  in the first half might disrupt the best laid plans? Or in yesterdays case having to deal with losing Ikpeazu and then have Damour going off injured in the first half might cause a problem? 

The truth is it would cause a problem at ANY TIME, but much worse when we are already short of 7 of our first choice of players.

Jeezo, indeed,

CL sets out not to get beat - always.

Ikpeazu - is at Hearts for a reason : he's hopeless. To be fair , he's not alone. 

The truth is - CL and his hopeless bunch of coaches are not able to set out  a team that EVER looks likely of winning a football game.

Oh yeah, injuries. **** me. and so it goes. Ad infinitum. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

Quote me the results. You're deliberately trolling. 

Beat Hibs,  one of only 2 teams to do so this year at Easter Road,  only conceded from a wonder goal,  through to the cup semi,  no goal from open play,  didn't look like conceding against St Mirren and under very little pressure against a smart enough Kilmarnock team. 

Trolling. 

What because someone doesn't agree with the endless tripe that includes the square root of zero analysis?

And for the record,  I'm no ****ing happy Clapper either. 

Doesn't mean I have to agree with shit from the club or shit from fans. 

Its a view point 

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Injuries aside you would think we would still have Ross County's number tho eh.

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Beat Hibs,  one of only 2 teams to do so this year at Easter Road,  only conceded from a wonder goal,  through to the cup semi,  no goal from open play,  didn't look like conceding against St Mirren and under very little pressure against a smart enough Kilmarnock team. 

Trolling. 

What because someone doesn't agree with the endless tripe that includes the square root of zero analysis?

And for the record,  I'm no ****ing happy Clapper either. 

Doesn't mean I have to agree with shit from the club or shit from fans. 

Its a view point 

You're trolling. 

View point ? Whatever : miles away from reality. 

2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

You're trolling. 

View point ? Whatever : miles away from reality. 

I think you're the one that is trolling here.

Try stamping your feet a little harder, that might work.

annushorribilis III

Boom. 

annushorribilis III

Boom.