Worst start to a league campaign for 45 years.

Getintaethem

Could we not play the women's team, instead of the men's in this league. It's worth a shot, better players and a different manager, which would be the biggest benefit. 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• annushorribilis III

• Ron Burgundy

• Getintaethem

annushorribilis III
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Injuries aside you would think we would still have Ross County's number tho eh.

Boom. 

annushorribilis III

Boom. 

annushorribilis III

Boom. 

annushorribilis III

Boom. 

annushorribilis III

Boom. 

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Or Hamilton?

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ross County like shafting us, why spoil their fun?

2 points from 4 home games against Ross Co, Hamilton, Killie and Motherwell. I’m sorry but I don’t care who we’ve got out injured, I’m still expecting to pick up at least a couple of wins there.

40 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

And yet THOSE are the key players that we are missing. 

It's really not rocket science.

Levein could have Messi and Neymar at his disposal and wouldn't have a clue where to play them

7 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Levein could have Messi and Neymar at his disposal and wouldn't have a clue where to play them

Wing backs. 

Even with the players available we should be doing much better. 

To many players playing out of possession in a system that's been changed mid-game most of the time it's been used. 

What's wrong with 4 at back? Why not play McLean with Meshino getting a free role behind? Its Kilmarnock at home, a team we should be attacking from the off at Tynecastle. 

People say the players are shite but the Goalkeeper looks decent so far. Berra and Smith are good players and Clevid is decent back up. Hickey is a great talent who's excelled at left back. Glen Whealen is probably one of our best players, young Irving looks a talent, McLean is past his best but is still a useful and intelligent player, a good foil for Meshino at home against sides like Kilmarnock. 

50 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Fair enough.  What does she see that we are all missing ? 

Probably how well we did last season before Naismith’s injury and loads of other players too. 

I genuinely think that is the basis of her faith in Craig. And to be fair we were a class above. But that was a long time ago and managers who face bad luck - which he undeniably has faced and too often - need to show their worth in these situations too and he hasn’t done that enough. 

But would a new manager make a difference right now? Not sure. Maybe. But the way he started the team on the weekend was ridiculous. 

Jambo 4 Ever
59 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You don't think we should have signed 

Halkett 

Souttar 

Haring 

Washington 

Walker 

Naismith 

Ikpeazu 

Washington isn’t that good 

Nelly Terraces
46 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Try stamping your feet a little harder, that might work.

Guffaw. Talk about people in glass houses. Your post's are unintentional comedy gold - keep 'em coming mate, best laugh in a while reading your input.:laugh:

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Well I reckon 7 players not playing yesterday might make a difference. 

No excuse needed that is a reason. 

Another reason teams are remarkably well organized. Being without 4 of your primary attack,  2 of your best defensive players,  and your midfield enforcer,  you have to be really stupid to think we can carry on without effect

Well said. 

4 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Guffaw. Talk about people in glass houses. Your post's are unintentional comedy gold - keep 'em coming mate, best laugh in a while reading your input.:laugh:

I aim to please. And thanks for your quality input 🤣🤣🤣

32 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Are you determined to miss the point? It seems that you are.

The point is that WE DO NOT HAVE first choice players at our disposal. 

THEY ARE INJURED.

4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

THEY ARE INJURED.

We had the players available that were good enough against ross county, Hamilton  and kilmarnock to win all three games and didn't. 

We have a shell of a team, even with everyone available and the blame once again lies with the manager and the symbolic and panicky recruitment policy. Motherwell have a genuine strategy when it comes to signing players and they stick to it, whether it works or not. This season they have unearthed some gems, last season, they didnt but they stayed true to their policy. We wait until Manchester United loans department gets in touch before we do anything about the goalkeeper position. Shows manager didn't think it was a problem in summer. Lack of focus and awareness once again. It is simply not good enough and we are in the mire.

16 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

THEY ARE INJURED.

From where we are right now, how do you see this panning out? Where do you think Craig Levein's Hearts will be a year from today? 

Genuine question. 

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We finished 8th that season. So aye, looks about right, I reckon if this keeps going, we’ll finish 8th this season. 

We will get horsed by Rangers and hopefully that’s enough for the board to sack him, make the right change and save our season from being the 4th miserable shitefest on the bounce. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Well put

In summary, despite missing many of our better players, we can still field a decent side which should be doing much better than it is.

That is down to Craig Levein.  My view remains that he should have either walked or been shown the door after 0-5.

7 hours ago, Spoleto said:

THEY ARE INJURED.

I am not missing the point. Even with the injuries the team is rank containing players that are either not good enough or unable to be utilised correctly by a poor management team. Even if Levein had a full squad to choose from he has shown consistently  that he is incapable of putting a team onto the park that would hurt the opposition. I watched them in the early season against Cowdenbeath before the injuries took place and they were hopeless. They were set up not to lose against a part time outfit with the signs already there that this clown has no clue. 

The warning signs were there during pre season and the league cup. Didn’t play well but consistently went with 442. First game of the league season then go with 352. He can’t help himself and not tinker. I think mcphee could be more of a problem too if he stays on after levein goes whenever that is

Macphee really is a mystery. A complete footballing unknown where his previous work experience was putting out the cones and handing the bibs out to primary kids. He then writes to Craig'l' fix it and hey presto he is asst manager at Scotland's third biggest club. 3 years later he is still there. Doing what exactly? The only thing improved under him is that the lassies team get better hair straighteners when he lends his oot.

As for Fox, Daly and Gallacher. **** me. They are a remote control without batteries. So pointless you have to get up of the sofa and change the channel yourself.  What an absolute cluster****.

8 hours ago, Spoleto said:

And yet THOSE are the key players that we are missing. 

It's really not rocket science.

Yep.  It's obvious we are just unlucky and the manager isn't actually shite.  Hopefully we let him sign another 10 players in January and I'm sure this time we will get it right.  We don't have the quality in the squad to beat teams like Hamilton, Ross county, killie etc.  Can't blame the manager for that! 

Having a season like this with injurys and a manager who is a poor tactician Ann Budge pay attention to CL she needs to stop and look at the results home and away this season. 

Having a season like this with injurys and a manager who is a poor tactician Ann Budge pay attention to CL she needs to stop and look at the results home and away this season. 

Haringshairband
8 hours ago, martoon said:

From where we are right now, how do you see this panning out? Where do you think Craig Levein's Hearts will be a year from today? 

Genuine question. 

He doesn't respond to genuine points or questions. Just repeats "injuries but injuries" while rocking back and forth.

kingantti1874
10 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Probably ties in with the most injuries we've had since 1974 too.

Who'd have thought?

livingstons wage bill is less than £1m. 1/6th of ours.. no excuse 

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, Spoleto said:

THEY ARE INJURED.

you are a strange one, on here for 10 years but virtually all of your posts have been in the last few weeks vociferously defending our worst run in history at every turn, and Sean Clare bizarrely. 

And you do it in a particularly aggressive way. 

at first I thought hibs, but now i think there is more at stake for you now somehow, I’m convinced you are in some way connected to the club and this set of coaches / players in particular. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Macphee really is a mystery. A complete footballing unknown where his previous work experience was putting out the cones and handing the bibs out to primary kids. He then writes to Craig'l' fix it and hey presto he is asst manager at Scotland's third biggest club. 3 years later he is still there. Doing what exactly? The only thing improved under him is that the lassies team get better hair straighteners when he lends his oot.

As for Fox, Daly and Gallacher. **** me. They are a remote control without batteries. So pointless you have to get up of the sofa and change the channel yourself.  What an absolute cluster****.

Was there not chat\hope the MacPhee would take over from Levein, with Levein moving back up stairs? 

Sure there were a few posters hoping this would happen.. 

Wheres that glowing interview of his....

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

you are a strange one, on here for 10 years but virtually all of your posts have been in the last few weeks vociferously defending our worst run in history at every turn, and Sean Clare bizarrely. 

at first I thought hibs, but now i think there is more at stake for you now somehow, I’m convinced you are in some way connected to the club and this set of coaches / players in particular. 

:spoton:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It’s amazing - Budge and Levein have managed to condition our support to accept that regular defeats at home to Kilmarnock and the like are just the natural run of things and nothing to fret about.

We’ve had two years of garbage under Levein and folk are still acting as if this is all down to players not being fit. Incredible.

SectionDJambo

“Seith must go!”

The good old days, before the internet was a twinkle in our eyes.

We had started the previous season brilliantly then too. Until we lost heavily to Celtic and Burnley.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s amazing - Budge and Levein have managed to condition our support to accept that regular defeats at home to Kilmarnock and the like are just the natural run of things and nothing to fret about.

We’ve had two years of garbage under Levein and folk are still acting as if this is all down to players not being fit. Incredible.

You can fool some of the people all of time.

The apathy amongst a good number of the fans(myself included) on the way out of the ground and walking along Dalry afterwards was strange.

i spoke to a guy at the game who had mentioned about some quiz night that Stuart Wallace was at?

he mentioned that Wallace wants Levein our but he’s there for this season as there’s nothing that can be done to remove him!!

the fans just feel at a crossroads here, you don’t really want to protest against your team as you feel your board should be switched on enough to make the call but if they won’t make it what do you do?.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

The apathy amongst a good number of the fans(myself included) on the way out of the ground and walking along Dalry afterwards was strange.

i spoke to a guy at the game who had mentioned about some quiz night that Stuart Wallace was at?

he mentioned that Wallace wants Levein our but he’s there for this season as there’s nothing that can be done to remove him!!

the fans just feel at a crossroads here, you don’t really want to protest against your team as you feel your board should be switched on enough to make the call but if they won’t make it what do you do?.

Here for the season.

I hate Mondays.

Shooter McGavin

And yet we’re investing in a woman's team which garners absolutely no interest whatsoever.

First team football has fallen so far down in the pecking order it’s terrifying. 

27 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

And yet we’re investing in a woman's team which garners absolutely no interest whatsoever.

First team football has fallen so far down in the pecking order it’s terrifying. 

The way things are going there will be more interest in our womens team than the our first team soon , I wish I was joking.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

He was gushing over us being 4th top scorers two weeks ago after a handful of matches, now we’re 7th. Last two seasons under current management we’ve been 10th and 7th.  

Still, we’re about to turn the corner, ken.  

Shooter McGavin
19 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

The way things are going there will be more interest in our womens team than the our first team soon , I wish I was joking.

You’re probably right, they can probably pass a ball forward which would already make them superior to our first team. 

Ron Burgundy

100%.

He has an agenda.

12 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Probably ties in with the most injuries we've had since 1974 too.

Who'd have thought?

Also ties in with the biggest and according to Craig Levein best squad of players we have ever had certainly during his tenure.

So if this is correrct then with the size of squad at his disposal does that not mean he is still doing a bad job?

Could be Hibs. After all, the only people who would like the current stinking malaise to continue at Tynie are the vermin.

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

She has been totally brainwashed by Levein into believing his sob stories.

The man is the master of excuses. It's never his fault always something else, bad luck, injuries, poor referee's his lists are endless.

11 hours ago, Spoleto said:

As Gio pointed out it's NOT an excuse, it's a reason.

We can only DEAL WITH IT when we get some of those players back.

In the meantime WE can stop getting on the players backs and try supporting them. 

WE are part of the problem.

:rofl:Keep on happy clapping you absolute tit.

12 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Well I reckon 7 players not playing yesterday might make a difference. 

No excuse needed that is a reason. 

Another reason teams are remarkably well organized. Being without 4 of your primary attack,  2 of your best defensive players,  and your midfield enforcer,  you have to be really stupid to think we can carry on without effect

We were playing pretty crap long before the injury list was this big