Levein post match interiew

Sagan

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I was at Easter road and saw a great team performance. Then THAT!!!!!!!!!!

fek off Hearts 

A great team performance at Easter Road - what year was that? The last derby there was played out by 2 pish teams.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Maroon Sailor

• pettigrewsstylist

• wavydavy

Pasquale for King

I love the way JKB twitter page retweeted five different accounts of how our manager is raging and used the “F Bomb”, like it will

somehow all fall into place because he said ****ing 🙈. The man is a joke as is anyone and everyone still defending him.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Mulraney is absolutely pony

He's not pony.

He's not a left wing back.

He's not a left back.

Levein has ruined him.

19 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I was at Easter road and saw a great team performance. Then THAT!!!!!!!!!!

fek off Hearts 

Great team performance in the last 20 minutes

Jambof3tornado

Levein claims we will be fine from the next game as we'll have players back. Which players, as only Naismith has been mentioned about being nearly ready?

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I love the way JKB twitter page retweeted five different accounts of how our manager is raging and used the “F Bomb”, like it will

somehow all fall into place because he said ****ing 🙈. The man is a joke as is anyone and everyone still defending him.

There's not many defending him after that interview on the radio today.

Whatever problems he has with the effort and application of certain players should have been kept in house. 

I don't think it was lack of effort on the players part today it's just that there is no organisation,  players seem unclear about what's expected of them.

I honestly think Mrs Budge will be asking him to stand down due to health reasons. That interview today was sad to listen to. 

The dressing room is indeed lost.

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Levein claims we will be fine from the next game as we'll have players back. Which players, as only Naismith has been mentioned about being nearly ready?

One excuse after another,they have a plan,well fm the plan needs changed quickly!

afanderson33

I see Levein said MacLean was rested and that Dikamona was struggling because they've "played three games in a week".

First of all, they haven't played for a week. Secondly, MacLean didn't play against Hibs, played 69 minutes against Aberdeen and 90 at St Mirren and Dikamona played a total of two minutes in those three games. He wasn't even a sub at St Mirren!

The guy is a ****ing idiot and he's now just telling barefaced lies to try and excuse his utter failings as a manager. He is a cancer to our football club progressing and he needs removed before the rot gets any worse.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, ford donald said:

One excuse after another,they have a plan,well fm the plan needs changed quickly!

The injuries are a decent excuse. They are very damaging to us. But this game was all on Levein. We had the players to play a pretty tight if unexciting game vs not a great side and we went with completely the wrong formation and selection. What happened to the pragmatic Levein who prioritized picking up points and was very good at it? This was a game to play safe - with the excuse of injuries picking his team for him if we lost - and try to keep the somewhat better run of form going, not to do what he did with Meshino and Clare up front.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Whatever problems he has with the effort and application of certain players should have been kept in house. 

I don't think it was lack of effort on the players part today it's just that there is no organisation,  players seem unclear about what's expected of them.

I honestly think Mrs Budge will be asking him to stand down due to health reasons. That interview today was sad to listen to. 

And the fans are lost. Time to act Ann.

Luscious Laryea

The model as a whole isn't working. I regularly watch academy games and the tactics and lack of any footballing intelligence is striking.

Coaches encouraging lumping the ball from one end of the park to the other and "show some heart" type nonsense that's a relic of the 60s. The 5 year plan is a nonsense. It's time for Levein to go.

Guest ToqueJambo
34 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Sad to say that interview was a low point. He has lost whatever it was that made him a good manager not all that long ago. He's done a great job behind the scenes but I think it's even time for him to nominate a long-term successor as DoF, (maybe McPhee or what about Takis Fyssis?) and let everyone get on with finding a new manager while he takes a break and maybe returns in some capacity if Budge wants him to oversee the Academy for example, which I think would be a good idea.

If JJ hadn't had his illness, he'd be perfect as caretaker until we find someone. What's Peter Houston doing? Or if Caley are in real trouble Robbo as caretaker with an option for longer would do me.

CL is the Boris Johnston of football managers.

Spits the dummy out, refuses to accept criticism, talks a good game but can’t deliver and conveniently forgets facts.

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Mulraney is absolutely pony

Leave the ponies out of this, they havent done anyhting wrong 

8 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

He’s lost it. He signed all the dross we have. He signed all the injury prone crocks. He can’t get the dross motivated and he can’t keep the crocks from getting injured. There is only one person to blame 

Can't argue with any of that.

Dirty Weeker

Can't understand Levein shaking players hands as they come of at full time and then berate them to the media. Not smart psychology imho. Managers like Ferguson & Mourinho would be straight down tunnel to await players in dressing room with any comments behind closed doors. Also which players from starting lineup are under threat. Pereira, smith, hickey, whelan, meshino & Berra are likely starters most matches and have all received plaudits recently. Of others unfair on Irving (best passer) & Dikamona (gives his all) which only leaves Damour, Mulraney, & Clare + subs and would agree they need dropped. That said they are all CL purchases so what did he see in them that they're not doing now? CL said recently that players confidence low well his comments won't improve matters. Tactics, formation, players played out of natural position time & time again when there are more obvious choices all goes to contribute to players not knowing what the **** they should be doing. All down to coaching 

So has a go at the players yet starts us at home to killie with no recognised striker on the pitch. Keena must just be scratching his head.  Yet again Clare moved to ANOTHER position just to shatter any last remining confidence he had. 

A complete welt of a man that needs to go urgently. Budge must have genuine concerns after today. 

pettigrewsstylist
13 minutes ago, Dirty Weeker said:

Can't understand Levein shaking players hands as they come of at full time and then berate them to the media. Not smart psychology imho. Managers like Ferguson & Mourinho would be straight down tunnel to await players in dressing room with any comments behind closed doors. Also which players from starting lineup are under threat. Pereira, smith, hickey, whelan, meshino & Berra are likely starters most matches and have all received plaudits recently. Of others unfair on Irving (best passer) & Dikamona (gives his all) which only leaves Damour, Mulraney, & Clare + subs and would agree they need dropped. That said they are all CL purchases so what did he see in them that they're not doing now? CL said recently that players confidence low well his comments won't improve matters. Tactics, formation, players played out of natural position time & time again when there are more obvious choices all goes to contribute to players not knowing what the **** they should be doing. All down to coaching 

Nail on head. His midfield signings have had any football completley coached out of them and confused by overly elaborate nonsense.

Demi Mitchell  esque 

Unlikely as it seems it is possible that the Plan Believing Board might put a little pressure on Levein.  Perhaps someone on the Board will take the nonsense to Budge's office door.

He's had a go at his players - all of whom were signed by him.  So the options to save his skin might be to sack his first class coaches of MacPhee, Daly and Foxy.  Might be that he thinks we need 'more experienced coaches' and he brings in Peter Houston.  Or he thinks that he can play the long game and go back to being the svengali DoF.

I'd like all of the Board, Levein, MacPhee, Daly, Foxy, Gallacher to go asap.  All of the others including the people in charge of the underperforming £4m 'academy' and the scouting and fitness staff should be scrutinised thereafter.

8 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He's not pony.

He's not a left wing back.

He's not a left back.

Levein has ruined him.

Exactly. He is a winger and not a bad one at that if he’s allowed to play. It’s been obvious for weeks that he just does not fit the wingback role. Little wonder that Killie played to that yesterday. 

I have been supportive of the manager but yesterday just finished it for me.  An inexplicable line up,  players played out of position and some who have absolutely no appetite for rolling their sleeves up and getting stuck in when it’s needed.  We need fresh ideas urgently. Time to step aside Craig.

“Ryo’s played up front before. The position isn’t alien to him. Steven MacLean has played a lot recently. He can help us when he’s fresh but he’s played three games in a week. Aidan is untried and untested at this level but we brought him on to try and get us a goal.”

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/angry-craig-levein-raps-timid-hearts-players-and-explains-why-ryo-meshino-started-as-main-striker-1-5018496?fbclid=IwAR1bN09vsG5dHEkH8Jkm9soZi8-rDn45RgMTcDqnnjy6iUd4a99ATBTqHH0

Says it all.  In what way has MacLean played a lot recently?  And why have we got someone in the squad like him who when fit can't play one game a week?  And why is Keena in the squad if he can't be tested in a home game against Kilmarnock?

7 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

CL is the Boris Johnston of football managers.

Spits the dummy out, refuses to accept criticism, talks a good game but can’t deliver and conveniently forgets facts.

Your Boris analogy fails here!

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Exactly. He is a winger and not a bad one at that if he’s allowed to play. It’s been obvious for weeks that he just does not fit the wingback role. Little wonder that Killie played to that yesterday. 

I have been supportive of the manager but yesterday just finished it for me.  An inexplicable line up,  players played out of position and some who have absolutely no appetite for rolling their sleeves up and getting stuck in when it’s needed.  We need fresh ideas urgently. Time to step aside Craig.

Not a bad one? He's terrible. Not even a Championship player. One trick pony. Daft wee shuffle on to the left peg then hit the defender or goalie with the cross. The fact he is a regular starter tells you why we are ij the position we are. Hopeless and gutless

pettigrewsstylist
6 minutes ago, Coco said:

“Ryo’s played up front before. The position isn’t alien to him. Steven MacLean has played a lot recently. He can help us when he’s fresh but he’s played three games in a week. Aidan is untried and untested at this level but we brought him on to try and get us a goal.”

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/angry-craig-levein-raps-timid-hearts-players-and-explains-why-ryo-meshino-started-as-main-striker-1-5018496?fbclid=IwAR1bN09vsG5dHEkH8Jkm9soZi8-rDn45RgMTcDqnnjy6iUd4a99ATBTqHH0

Says it all.  In what way has MacLean played a lot recently?  And why have we got someone in the squad like him who when fit can't play one game a week?  And why is Keena in the squad if he can't be tested in a home game against Kilmarnock?

Boom...nothing further reqd!

2 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Not a bad one? He's terrible. Not even a Championship player. One trick pony. Daft wee shuffle on to the left peg then hit the defender or goalie with the cross. The fact he is a regular starter tells you why we are ij the position we are. Hopeless and gutless

One thing is certain and that is that he is not a wing back. Playing him there when it’s been obvious that he is worse than a man short has been ludicrous. Only one person responsible for that.

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Deevers said:

One thing is certain and that is that he is not a wing back. Playing him there when it’s been obvious that he is worse than a man short has been ludicrous. Only one person responsible for that.

Agreed on that mate

pettigrewsstylist
28 minutes ago, Coco said:

Unlikely as it seems it is possible that the Plan Believing Board might put a little pressure on Levein.  Perhaps someone on the Board will take the nonsense to Budge's office door.

He's had a go at his players - all of whom were signed by him.  So the options to save his skin might be to sack his first class coaches of MacPhee, Daly and Foxy.  Might be that he thinks we need 'more experienced coaches' and he brings in Peter Houston.  Or he thinks that he can play the long game and go back to being the svengali DoF.

I'd like all of the Board, Levein, MacPhee, Daly, Foxy, Gallacher to go asap.  All of the others including the people in charge of the underperforming £4m 'academy' and the scouting and fitness staff should be scrutinised thereafter.

Ammo....bring me more ammo  😂

1 hour ago, Dirty Weeker said:

Can't understand Levein shaking players hands as they come of at full time 

I was hoping he was saying a public goodbye tbh.

15 minutes ago, Coco said:

MacLean played just over an hour in the Motherwell and Aberdeen games and 90 against St Mirren.  He didn’t play in the Hibs game.  If 2.5 games out of 4 is too much for an experienced pro, then he’s no good for us.  Davie Weir was playing 90 minutes week in week out for Rangers when he was 40.  Defoe is playing twice a week at 37.

Levein is prioritising the protection of guys like Morrison and Keena from our moans and groans over playing players in their natural positions.

Holyrood_Hearts
23 minutes ago, Deevers said:

It’s not just weeks. He played JM as left wing back v Raith at the start of last season’s Betfred Cup game & he was horrendous. Levein’s obsession with a back 3 & wingbacks when it’s never worked is a massive concern. 

On the few occasions we’ve won with this shape was at ER (Olly Lee’s goal) when we were awful to watch & 2-1 at Rugby Park (Clare & Naismith) when again we weren’t great & Killie continually attacked our left hand side cos Mulraney was too far up the park & Berra was having to cover him all night.  

11 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

It’s not just weeks. He played JM as left wing back v Raith at the start of last season’s Betfred Cup game & he was horrendous. Levein’s obsession with a back 3 & wingbacks when it’s never worked is a massive concern. 

On the few occasions we’ve won with this shape was at ER (Olly Lee’s goal) when we were awful to watch & 2-1 at Rugby Park (Clare & Naismith) when again we weren’t great & Killie continually attacked our left hand side cos Mulraney was too far up the park & Berra was having to cover him all night.  

As you say it’s an obsession with him. Three at the back only works if you have two athletic and competent wing backs. While Hickey is fine in that role. Jake is a complete bombscare. It seems that everyone including  other  managers can see this but Levein can’t and that’s the big worry. We need fresh ideas now before we slip into a bun fight at the bottom of the table.

A_A wehatethehibs

Smith Dikamona Berra Hickey 

The easiest back line a manager could ever pick, honestly the easiest ever team selection, the only 4 fit defenders available. Whelan sitting deep to screen them. Put a couple of hard working wingers Morrison and Mulraney in front to screen the full backs 

honestly it was the easiest team selection you could ever think of

But lets be smarter than that, let’s pick

Hickey Dikamona Smith Berra Mulraney 

Confused play “is it a back 3 or a back 5 ?” With exposes left wing backs who can’t defend.

Then he has a cheek to blame the players 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The easiest back line a manager could ever pick, honestly the easiest ever team selection, the only 4 fit defenders available. Whelan sitting deep to screen them. Put a couple of hard working wingers Morrison and Mulraney in front to screen the full backs 

Confused play “is it a back 3 or a back 5 ?” With exposes left wing backs who can’t defend.

100% this.

Yesterday surely has to be the tipping point for him. He needs replaced now.

14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Spot on. 

The back four should easily have picked itself yesterday with the players available all in their correct positions. 

Holyrood_Hearts
21 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Spot on 

Holyrood_Hearts
27 minutes ago, Deevers said:

As you say it’s an obsession with him. Three at the back only works if you have two athletic and competent wing backs. While Hickey is fine in that role. Jake is a complete bombscare. It seems that everyone including  other  managers can see this but Levein can’t and that’s the big worry. We need fresh ideas now before we slip into a bun fight at the bottom of the table.

Jake has the pace to cover back & track runners but positionally he’s all over the place. He’s not great in the air either (as demonstrated by the goal) & was another example first half when he completely misjudges the ball under no pressure. 

35 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Spot f******* on. 

When you are struggling, go back to basics. Pick players in their natural positions and in a formation they can trust. 

One minute he is saying the fans are damaging Clare’s confidence, then he sticks him up front with a midfielder and then shoves him out to the right wing. Why not play Morrison? He did well at Easter Road and then drops out again. Same as Connor Smith who played well at hibs, never to be seen a again - he is a better option than Bozanic, for a start. 

If if you’re going to put Clare or Ryo up front, at least put McLean in as a striker who knows the role. 

10 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Jake has the pace to cover back & track runners but positionally he’s all over the place. He’s not great in the air either (as demonstrated by the goal) & was another example first half when he completely misjudges the ball under no pressure. 

If he was going down that route yesterday he would have been better playing Hickey on the left and Brandon on the right. While I am not totally convinced by Brandon he is at least far more comfortable in the wingback role than Jake is.

grumpyespana

Just watched Craigs interview on Hearts tv and its the first time he sounded like a broken man I think he needs to sit back and enjoy life or his health is going to get worse again.

Nelly Terraces
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

What else is there to say, just get him to **** out of our club.

This all day long. After yet another shambolic display followed by that interview his position - at EVERY level of the club is completely untenable.

It's hard to think of anyone who's more arrogant, & who accepts no responsibility whatsoever, while being so utterly useless. Ann Budges' inaction here is amounting to willful mismanagement.

grumpyespana
6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Is his post match interview available anywhere?

Its on Hearts tv.

Tokyo Drifter
17 hours ago, Sagan said:

He's absolutely fuming and is done with being nice. 

Had to apologise for swearing. 

Welcome to our world Craig. 

I like what he had to say but it doesn't make up for his baffling team line ups, formations and tactics. 

Found this bit interesting: "With everything else that's happened with injuries with Washington and Naismith being out, if we lose Uche for a period of time then it leaves us with next to nothing".

Admission that Wighton + McLean + Keena = next to nothing (or near zero in mathematical terms)

Mid Calder Jambo
17 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

His team is an image of him , dour, boring and not going anywhere , sadly 

We are going somewhere.  The Championship.

22 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Just watched Craigs interview on Hearts tv and its the first time he sounded like a broken man I think he needs to sit back and enjoy life or his health is going to get worse again.

Yip, the way he went through the players wasn't great either. Fair enough, have a go at them if you're actually doing your job and properly preparing them the best you can, etc, but playing players out of position and playing so defensively at home is bound to get a reaction from the players after his criticism.

No danger will they be happy with him. Could get a whole lot worse.

Mid Calder Jambo
20 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

This all day long. After yet another shambolic display followed by that interview his position - at EVERY level of the club is completely untenable.

It's hard to think of anyone who's more arrogant, & who accepts no responsibility whatsoever, while being so utterly useless. Ann Budges' inaction here is amounting to willful mismanagement.

Been saying it for a while now.  Her management of the club is now negligent.  If we were regulated she would have been up before the beaks long before now.

Edited by Mid Calder Jambo

I know its been said a million times but why hasn't he been binned. Its embarrassing on all fronts for the club, the fans have made it clear for quite some time now that they are not happy with him at the club, feels like the club are just taking the piss out the fans for the banter now. No other club would let there fans get this restless and angry. The only words i care for him to say are "im stepping down, im clearly not fit for purpose".