Levein post match interiew

Sagan

He's absolutely fuming and is done with being nice. 

Had to apologise for swearing. 

Welcome to our world Craig. 

I like what he had to say but it doesn't make up for his baffling team line ups, formations and tactics. 

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Maroon Sailor

• pettigrewsstylist

• wavydavy

Sounded like he was going to greet, i agree with him in regards to some players but the buck stops with him.

Italian Lambretta

For the benefit of the genuine hearts fans heading home after another abject performance whst exactly did the clown have to say for himself? 

Maroon Sailor

Oh aye so he waits for every player to leave the field to shake their hands

I can't even begin to describe how shit the players were today. An absolute abomination

He needs to be reading the absolute riot act. 

But the problem is he’s underperforming as much as the players. And even if you excuse the terrible formation, he is the one who didn’t sign a wide player in 2 off seasons leaving us with Mulraney and he is the one getting Zero out is Sean Clare. He is also the one that signed Damour on a 4yr contract and he is an utter waste of a jersey. Neither defensive nor attacking and slow. 

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

For the benefit of the genuine hearts fans heading home after another abject performance whst exactly did the clown have to say for himself? 

Said that once the guys who are injured come back, the guys on the pitch will be getting dropped... 

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Oh aye so he waits for every player to leave the field to shake their hands

I can't even begin to describe how shit the players were today. An absolute abomination

He is a two faced liar. 

Gtf, please do the right thing for once. 

Just read some of his comments. Interesting, he’s not gone down the road of turning on the players yet.

He’s also saying certain players won’t play soon when the injured players come back. But we only really have Naismith and Haring coming back. Not as if 6 players are back in the next month. 

Funny that he’s turned on the players today of all days. When we had the most players missing and he was responsible for a despicable first half. 

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Not the players who decided that stupid no striker formation which cost us the goal

They are not getting away with that today. A fecking disgrace.

He sounded very angry and also upset.

He basically said some players were simply not trying and with big players to come back they wouldn't be playing and shouldn't be knocking on his door to ask why.It wasn't f>>>>>ng good enough I think he said. He also said hed gone on too long defending certain players.

He did deflect questions about criticism on him though.

Edited by Der Kaiser

"i've gone on too long protecting players"

Sounds like he's went right through them as well. 

I think this could actually be the end of him. 

At about 80mins, Hickey was beaten to a ball in the corner by a Killie boy who won a throw in despite Hickey being much closer.

Not a dig at Hickey as such but it just summed up the lack of desire and fight in this Hearts team.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Sagan said:

"i've gone on too long protecting players"

Sounds like he's went right through them as well. 

I think this could actually be the end of him. 

I'm with Levein on this one. You can't defend that lack of effort today.

tartofmidlothian
11 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I had to suffer it too. He's angry, done protecting players, they aren't giving it their all, some of them won't get back in the team when guys are back for Rangers, these players are lucky to play in front of our fans.

Edit: that was him saying all that, I agree with it though.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Then don't sign chicken hearted footballers. He is accountable - or should be. 

Probably cause they ain’t playing for Levein, looks like they have downed tools and want him gone no matter what they come out with in the press 

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’m angry, doesn’t mean I can manage Hearts.  Need a change, need a freshness to lift everyone. 

another 9 signings?

If they're not putting the effort in, it's for a reason. 

I'm glad he's went through them, he should of done it many moons ago, but i think it could just push the players further away if they were already not playing for him. 

LarrysRightFoot

It’s not just today - it’s going on a year give or take a few games. HE HAS TO GO.

rudi must stay

Very few of them played with any urgency.

Some scared, some not caring (IMO). That's down to the manager, he has lost them with pathetic negative tactics. Back to the days of McGlynn and a shot on target being a wonderful achievement. 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I had to suffer it too. He's angry, done protecting players, they aren't giving it their all, some of them won't get back in the team when guys are back for Rangers, these players are lucky to play in front of our fans.

For once he's right..

Pretty much all our key players have had injuries however what is the point of having a squad of 35 if you are totally utterly pish when you get injuries surely you have a squad of 24 but better quality

Fort Vallance
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He works with them all week. He knows who's up and who isn't. And if he didn't know that Mulraney is a gutless, chicken hearted cheat before today he should sit in my seat instead of the dugout.

1 minute ago, jamboj said:

Then don't sign chicken hearted footballers. He is accountable - or should be. 

...but he has only had 3 years as our manager and countless windows to sort it out....so harsh on him 🙃

Archie White

This is 100% all about deflection. Move any portion of blame from me (CL) to the players. A cheap shot at players who are only trying to do the best they can. Sadly their best is not good enough. Why? Because they are not good enough for HMFC. Whose fault is that.....

9 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Said that once the guys who are injured come back, the guys on the pitch will be getting dropped... 

Here we go again. This was the same excuse last season. 

3fingersreid
7 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

He sounded very angry and also upset.

He basically said some players were simply not trying and with big players to come back they wouldn't be playing and shouldn't be knocking on his door to ask why.It wasn't f>>>>>ng good enough I think he said. He also said hed gone on too long defending certain players.

He did deflect questions about criticism on him though.

Angry and UPSET aw the wee diddums still when he sees his ample wage being deposited into his account I’m sure it’ll cheer him up a bit . 

The players will be closer together with each other than they are with levein, Leaving 2 strikers on the bench and starting with none would of made them all laugh. 

Seems he has now decided to put it on some of the players, interesting, given he picked them. Seems to be making out there are some with a lack of desire, if he had any concern about that at all, why even bother putting them in regardless of injuries. Once you go down this road, loosing the dressing room is not far behind. He needs to go. Its just not working.

3fingersreid
1 minute ago, stotty said:

Said some players don't have the balls to play for Hearts. Whilst I agree, his tactics lost us the game today. 

Who signed them then ? Simple as that , failed in his duty as either head coach or DOF 

14 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Sounded ****ing fuming, even a bit of swearing. It's about time, I hope the players are getting this.

Raging he was but stood there and shook every players hand at the end 😅😅

Two faced loser that man. 😒

Player effort and application in serious question undoubtedly. However Levein is presiding over this and we appear to be in deep deep trouble. 

I can see rangers ripping us apart. Then what? 

Clear deflection, avoiding responsibility. Interviewer should have questioned line up, formation and tactics. I'd question how Mr Motivator's cringy chat would go down with Budge.

He signed them. Why keep someone like Keena if you are not going to start him in a situation like today. What players will be dropped, everyone is ordinary every week. The only way this changes is getting rid of him. 

Lip service. Make it seem like it’s not his fault. I remember him being very angry in a few interviews after Scotland games.