Levein post match interiew

Sagan

BUT WHIT ABOOT THEY INJUREEEEEEZ :rofl:

Have a word with yourselves. He’s sticking strikers on the bench and playing 3-7-0 formations with half the team playing out of position. 

Signing crocks, risking hamstrings, telling fans to back players then publicly slating them...and have we forgotten the Vanacek farce?

Every single stat = failure over an extended period. 

But he isn’t going anywhere soon so let’s just enjoy the rest of the Levein Project for the next few months.

What times we are living in 😂

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Maroon Sailor

• pettigrewsstylist

• wavydavy

pettigrewsstylist
48 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Surely these guys will not be up to match fitness!

More spin to succour the vulnerable.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have a word with yourselves. He’s sticking strikers on the bench and playing 3-7-0 formations with half the team playing out of position. 

Signing crocks, risking hamstrings, telling fans to back players then publicly slating them...and have we forgotten the Vanacek farce?

But he isn’t going anywhere soon so let’s just enjoy the rest of the Levein Project for the next few months.

I think you must have missed the explanations by wiser posters which laid out precisely how and why the handling of Vanecek was in fact a masterstroke by Levein. Played it exactly right. Textbook. Absolutely nothing to see there.

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

After his 4-6-0 debacle as Scotland Manager was written off and buried by his fanboys on here - he reprised it with an updated 3-7-0 against Killie!!!

Adam_the_legend
59 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Of course they won’t be! And they’ll be rushed back so will no doubt break down shortly after...

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Even if Walker is on crutches Levein will probably play him.

45 minutes ago, leginten said:

I think you must have missed the explanations by wiser posters which laid out precisely how and why the handling of Vanecek was in fact a masterstroke by Levein. Played it exactly right. Textbook. Absolutely nothing to see there.

Some may have called Leveins treatment and handling of Vanacek as “pitiful” or “embarrassing”.

Me? I couldn’t possibly comment. 

1 hour ago, Coco said:

Who are the players who aren't going to be protected any more?

Pereira, Meshino and Whelan have just arrived.  I don't think anyone questions the effort of Smith, Berra or Dikamona.  Even Levein surely wouldn't lower himself to criticise young players like Irving or Hickey.  Damour played for a little while despite the hamstring injury Levein was not bothered about the previous week.

So that leaves Clare and Mulraney.  Both have played nearly every week.  Clare has been terrible but was yet again played out of position.  And a player Levein had said in the press just needed his confidence built!  Mulraney couldn't be more obviously not a wing back yet Levein and MacPhee play him there.

So they are the two players he's going to stop protecting?  What a cowardly inadequate he is. 

Likewise his regular comments about having "less of the ball" in away games compared to home games....absolute garbage. In Paisley we had 56% possession and on Saturday, at home, only 52%. I'm not convinced that he's particularly bright but even so, it really is garbage. 

Cut The Crap
4 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Took a couple of days to get round to it but here is the full Radio Scotland interview including reaction from Dick and Mick. You can still hear the unedited version on BBC Sounds by searching for Off The Ball Saturday Supplement.

Feel for him listening to that, especially the unedited version. I think he knows it’s over. Sad that it’s come to this.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I can actually empathise with Levein in that radio interview.

That group of players who stepped out on to that pitch in a maroon shirt on Saturday were an absolute disgrace.

Levein rightly takes the flack but some of those players are as weak as piss.

You'd think the fringe players would want to prove a point - make the most of their opportunity but they are bunch of pansies.

Who signed them?

GorgieRules22
44 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Feel for him listening to that, especially the unedited version. I think he knows it’s over. Sad that it’s come to this.

Ann Budge is to blame for it getting to a stage we’re a club legend is being hounded out  the club. She should have relieved him of his duties after the cup final.

49 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Yet he’s that angry at the players he shakes their hands as they come off the pitch!!

Cut The Crap
9 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Ann Budge is to blame for it getting to a stage we’re a club legend is being hounded out  the club. She should have relieved him of his duties after the cup final.

Probably true.

Certainly, leaving it for him to decide the time and manner of his departure has proved disastrous.

Maroon Sailor
33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who signed them?

Been covered on this thread.

I think it makes it worse. Levein showed faith in them on the budget he was given and for them to down tools like they did is out of order by any footballer imo.

These pampered tossers have got it too easy now where they can earn a fortune and not even make the subs bench.

3 hours ago, leginten said:

What a load of absolute bollocks.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think it makes it worse. Levein showed faith in them on the budget he was given and for them to down tools like they did is out of order by any footballer imo.

These pampered tossers have got it too easy now where they can earn a fortune and not even make the subs bench.

I know it’s been covered but the post seemed to be giving Levein the benefit of the doubt as if he had nothing to do with it.

As much the players can be expected to do more  they need better coaching, training and tactics and that’s all at  Leveins door. A new manager would (will hopefully)  get much more out of this squad.

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Yet he’s that angry at the players he shakes their hands as they come off the pitch!!

Indeed, it’s as if he was just saying that in the press conference to cover his own short comings.

Cut The Crap
16 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I guess he will now know how Joe Jordan felt all those years ago.

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I know it’s been covered but the post seemed to be giving Levein the benefit of the doubt as if he had nothing to do with it.

As much the players can be expected to do more  they need better coaching, training and tactics and that’s all at  Leveins door. A new manager would (will hopefully)  get much more out of this squad.

There are more than enough threads giving Levein stick and the blame for everything so I thought I'd vent my frustration at that powder puff effort on Saturday.

Nobody stamped their authority on that match and nobody came close to controlling it.

Where's the fight and personal pride. If we were doing better than we are and Levein was flavour of the month there would have been a few irate posts at that performance. Could be apathy from the fans but the players are failing as much as Levein is right now.

Maroon Sailor
31 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Now he was thrown under the bus

The semi final loss after taking the lead against Rangers was  probably the beginning of the end for him 

Hearts never won another match that season.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

There are more than enough threads giving Levein stick and the blame for everything so I thought I'd vent my frustration at that powder puff effort on Saturday.

Nobody stamped their authority on that match and nobody came close to controlling it.

Where's the fight and personal pride. If we were doing better than we are and Levein was flavour of the month there would have been a few irate posts at that performance. Could be apathy from the fans but the players are failing as much as Levein is right now.

Maybe they want rid of him too, how would you feel if you’re boss kept ****ing up and blaming you? I accept the players are at fault but at least they have good reasons, they’re not being given the tools to do the job. As it’s been said, he signed every single one of them.

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, leginten said:

Maybe my :sarcasm: isn’t obvious enough.

Emojis are your friend 😜🤪.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Who was playing at the back in those days 🤔😱🙄🤬???? What goes around comes around.

Edited by Pasquale for King

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, Coco said:

Who are the players who aren't going to be protected any more?

Pereira, Meshino and Whelan have just arrived.  I don't think anyone questions the effort of Smith, Berra or Dikamona.  Even Levein surely wouldn't lower himself to criticise young players like Irving or Hickey.  Damour played for a little while despite the hamstring injury Levein was not bothered about the previous week.

So that leaves Clare and Mulraney.  Both have played nearly every week.  Clare has been terrible but was yet again played out of position.  And a player Levein had said in the press just needed his confidence built!  Mulraney couldn't be more obviously not a wing back yet Levein and MacPhee play him there.

So they are the two players he's going to stop protecting?  What a cowardly inadequate he is. 

Just giving the masses what they want to hear i reckon. Buying more time by turning on players for a few weeks .Recruitment of the squad in general is the failure. Less projects and more proven people.more grit and proven at this level. 

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, leginten said:

I think you must have missed the explanations by wiser posters which laid out precisely how and why the handling of Vanecek was in fact a masterstroke by Levein. Played it exactly right. Textbook. Absolutely nothing to see 

6 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Couldnt agree more. Its a real indictment of her naivety.

Everything from the dugout to on the pitch is a shambles. How many more games do we embarrass ourselves in before our own leader grows a pair. Personally I’d rather see him leave than be sacked. 

11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

He wasn’t wrong, that’s been the problem for the past ****ing year though.. also, changing shape every ****ing week, players out of position every week.. neither wonder we lost stupid goals .. neither wonder players don’t understand the runs to make

Totally he makes things far to complicated

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Legend my arse.

8 hours ago, leginten said:

Maybe my :sarcasm: isn’t obvious enough.

It wasn't. As you will realise I thought you were being serious.

There were a number of posters on here that were defending Levein in this sorry afair.

10 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

Why feel for him? By his own admission the players are not playing for him but it's not his fault.

The guy is an imposter and does he think that that interview is going to get the players playing for him. I very much doubt it.

Cut The Crap
39 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Why feel for him? By his own admission the players are not playing for him but it's not his fault.

The guy is an imposter and does he think that that interview is going to get the players playing for him. I very much doubt it.

His time at the club is drawing to a close and I guess I'm getting a little misty-eyed and sentimental about all the good times (and the tragedies) of his 36-year association with Hearts.

230391-hearts-v-hibs-3-1-tynecastle-edin

12 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I just need to point out - and this isn't a go at your post, but it touches on it....

We didn't play 3-7-0 or 5-5-0.  We played 3-5-2, or you could call it 3-4-1-1 or 5--3-2 maybe.  Or something like that.  Clare and Ryo were up front.  They shouldn't have been.  But they were.

Because we didn't pick any recognised strikers, doesn't mean no-one played up front.  Did no-one watch the game??

When Uche or whoever else has been playing (you know, someone the CF written next to them on Fifa), we still haven't got enough players in the box.  It was the same stuff as usual, but without that person to lead the attack and give us at least a fighting chance.

You know what, in typing this, it was actually very like the performances which started this time last year when we were subjected to a run of games with MacLean up top on his own.  Neither Clare nor Ryo did any worse than he did in that spell, to be honest!  But cos he's a "centre forward", much less was made of it as a selection or formation at the time.

Obviously this isn't excusing Levein, the team selection was disgraceful - just play Keena ffs - but it irks me when it is basically reported incorrectly.  The issue wasn't that we didn't play with anyone up top, it was that we played 3 at the back again (like we did and had to change against Aberdeen and Hibs), and we played two lads up front who didn't look comfy there.

I am of a mind that we will be a much better team and start winning games when we have Haring, Naismith, Walker, Uche and more all back, but I'm also of a mind that we've been let down massively.  Not sure Levein deserves the chance to reap the benefit of their return to be honest.

That said, I know what I, and most other fans, are like - if we get these lads back and put some form together, we'll prob all calm down.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I just need to point out - and this isn't a go at your post, but it touches on it....

We didn't play 3-7-0 or 5-5-0.  We played 3-5-2, or you could call it 3-4-1-1 or 5--3-2 maybe.  Or something like that.  Clare and Ryo were up front.  They shouldn't have been.  But they were.

Because we didn't pick any recognised strikers, doesn't mean no-one played up front.  Did no-one watch the game??

When Uche or whoever else has been playing (you know, someone the CF written next to them on Fifa), we still haven't got enough players in the box.  It was the same stuff as usual, but without that person to lead the attack and give us at least a fighting chance.

You know what, in typing this, it was actually very like the performances which started this time last year when we were subjected to a run of games with MacLean up top on his own.  Neither Clare nor Ryo did any worse than he did in that spell, to be honest!  But cos he's a "centre forward", much less was made of it as a selection or formation at the time.

Obviously this isn't excusing Levein, the team selection was disgraceful - just play Keena ffs - but it irks me when it is basically reported incorrectly.  The issue wasn't that we didn't play with anyone up top, it was that we played 3 at the back again (like we did and had to change against Aberdeen and Hibs), and we played two lads up front who didn't look comfy there.

I am of a mind that we will be a much better team and start winning games when we have Haring, Naismith, Walker, Uche and more all back, but I'm also of a mind that we've been let down massively.  Not sure Levein deserves the chance to reap the benefit of their return to be honest.

That said, I know what I, and most other fans, are like - if we get these lads back and put some form together, we'll prob all calm down.

Yeah, i am exaggerating with the 3-7-0 chat, i'll admit.

But what i noticed in the first half was that, when we had the ball in a wide position there was literally nobody in the box to aim for because Clare and Ryo were holding back on the edge of the box as if they were midfielders attacking the box late. What it needed was a guy like Keena to play ahead of them and make those runs - whilst Keena may not get on the end of anything, it at least opens up space for the midfield to run onto. That's why i called it 3-7-0, because we did not have a player making those runs to the near/far post runs or getting beyond the Killie defence.

I think Saturday showed Keena's days are numbered at Tynecastle. Hopefully the days of 3 at the back are numbered as well.

And i fully agree with your last sentence. We saw last week how a couple of decent results releases the pressure a lot and it's really the only way out of this for Levein - whether the injured players will return quick enough and whether he will settle on a team/formation is debatable.

42 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

His time at the club is drawing to a close and I guess I'm getting a little misty-eyed and sentimental about all the good times (and the tragedies) of his 36-year association with Hearts.

230391-hearts-v-hibs-3-1-tynecastle-edin

Being a good player for Hearts is totally different to what he is doing to the club he supposedly loves now.

He had long lay offs during his time as a player and the club stuck by him and he was well looked after when many clubs would have show not shown the same loyalty.

He is in his fifth year at the club as DOF, Board Member and Coach and will be earning a hefty salary for his efforts.

I agree it is a sad demise to his career but it seems to me that it is he who is to blame for this and nobody else despite him trying to now blame the players.

Cut The Crap
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Being a good player for Hearts is totally different to what he is doing to the club he supposedly loves now.

He had long lay offs during his time as a player and the club stuck by him and he was well looked after when many clubs would have show not shown the same loyalty.

He is in his fifth year at the club as DOF, Board Member and Coach and will be earning a hefty salary for his efforts.

I agree it is a sad demise to his career but it seems to me that it is he who is to blame for this and nobody else despite him trying to now blame the players.

As ever, I'm just giving my opinion. I'm not trying to persuade anyone else to agree.

He was more than a "good" player in my opinion though. He would have been the best Scottish defender of his generation had injury not snatched it away from him. He presided over a very successful first spell as manager, even if the playing style wasn't always to everyone's liking. He played an integral role in hauling us back to the top after administration. And we might yet see significant fruits from his efforts in rebuilding the academy, although that admittedly remains to be seen.

We won the cup in the 1998, the same season that he was finally forced into retirement through injury. Since then I think he's been totally driven by the desire to win the trophy he was denied as a player, preferably with Hearts. That was one of the reasons he was employed by CPR in the first place. I'm disappointed he hasn't been able to do that. Disappointed for him, but also for myself. I like it when Hearts win stuff.

48 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah, i am exaggerating with the 3-7-0 chat, i'll admit.

But what i noticed in the first half was that, when we had the ball in a wide position there was literally nobody in the box to aim for because Clare and Ryo were holding back on the edge of the box as if they were midfielders attacking the box late. What it needed was a guy like Keena to play ahead of them and make those runs - whilst Keena may not get on the end of anything, it at least opens up space for the midfield to run onto. That's why i called it 3-7-0, because we did not have a player making those runs to the near/far post runs or getting beyond the Killie defence.

I think Saturday showed Keena's days are numbered at Tynecastle. Hopefully the days of 3 at the back are numbered as well.

And i fully agree with your last sentence. We saw last week how a couple of decent results releases the pressure a lot and it's really the only way out of this for Levein - whether the injured players will return quick enough and whether he will settle on a team/formation is debatable.

Absolutely agree buddy. I guess my point is even with Uche on the pitch we often have no one in the box! Baffling. Play wide men with obvious instructions to get crosses in but dont ever loadtge box. Week after week after week. Saturday just didn't look that different to me, except no Uche to create something from nothing on his own.

57 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

As ever, I'm just giving my opinion. I'm not trying to persuade anyone else to agree.

He was more than a "good" player in my opinion though. He would have been the best Scottish defender of his generation had injury not snatched it away from him. He presided over a very successful first spell as manager, even if the playing style wasn't always to everyone's liking. He played an integral role in hauling us back to the top after administration. And we might yet see significant fruits from his efforts in rebuilding the academy, although that admittedly remains to be seen.

We won the cup in the 1998, the same season that he was finally forced into retirement through injury. Since then I think he's been totally driven by the desire to win the trophy he was denied as a player, preferably with Hearts. That was one of the reasons he was employed by CPR in the first place. I'm disappointed he hasn't been able to do that. Disappointed for him, but also for myself. I like it when Hearts win stuff.

Is that not what all posters do.

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Do you think the players gave everything on Saturday ?

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think the whole team looks rudderless, and not for the first time this season. I think a different coach would get more out of them. CL can be as angry as he likes in post-match interviews. It’s his team, his system, and it’s not working.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think the whole team looks rudderless, and not for the first time this season. I think a different coach would get more out of them. CL can be as angry as he likes in post-match interviews. It’s his team, his system, and it’s not working.

I'm with you on that but the players have to take some responsibility as well.

They were flat from the kick off unlike the Aberdeen match when we could have been 3 up after 15 minutes

1 hour ago, Cut The Crap said:

Decent post but he was forced to retire in 1995. We got to the final in 1995/96 to be fair and who knows what the outcome would have been if he’d been playing. 

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I'm with you on that but the players have to take some responsibility as well.

They were flat from the kick off unlike the Aberdeen match when we could have been 3 up after 15 minutes

I hear that as well.

Something’s not right. Something’s very wrong and newspaper interviews like MacLean’s do nothing to instill any confidence. This all comes from the coach.

37 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think the players played to the formation and plan that they were given by their Manager/Coach and that is where the problem lies.

The players are unsure what they are supposed to be doing as they are moved around so much and are bound to be lacking in confidence which is different to giving everything.

Players get their confidence from their Manager and he certainly won't be giving much of that out based on his latest interview.

Only they will know if they are giving everything. Craig Levein seems to think he is giving everything but it is blatantly not working so he should be out the door and maybe he could takle a few of his non performing signings that he trusted so much with him.

How much does Levein actually do cause by the looks of things Austin has a lot to do with transfer targets and coaching and tactical analysis.We then have the other coaches.So Craig left with on the game day decisions and finalising transfers ?

It almost feels like Levein is a front for another failed experiment ( his own failed experiment I may add )

Cut The Crap
35 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Decent post but he was forced to retire in 1995. We got to the final in 1995/96 to be fair and who knows what the outcome would have been if he’d been playing. 

He played his last game in 1995 but didn't announce his retirement until the autumn of 1997.

2 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

He played his last game in 1995 but didn't announce his retirement until the autumn of 1997.

Really? I don’t recall it taking so long to announce. I thought he knew pretty soon after the Dunfermline game. 

Cut The Crap
6 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Really? I don’t recall it taking so long to announce. I thought he knew pretty soon after the Dunfermline game. 

I don't remember the detailed timeline, but i think he had another op, another rehab, and was attempting to come back before realising the game was up.

It's confirmed in various subsequent articles you can find online and (most compellingly) by londonhearts.com.