Independence March Edinburgh 5th Oct

North Berwick Jambo

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No, it's the "division" part pushed by the media and politicians that is nonsense.

There has probably never been a more civil and non-violent independence movement in history. The fact that the very worse example anyone can come up with is one egg thrown at Jim Murphy (when egging has a long and proud history in politics) kind of proves that. 

Nor has any independence movement enjoyed such an open door as Scotland Iin recent years. Compare the Catalans as just the more recent example. Most nations have had a harder and bloodier struggle for independence.  All we had  to do is vote.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Hearts

• Justin Z

• Roxy Hearts

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Nor has any independence movement enjoyed such an open door as Scotland Iin recent years. Compare the Catalans as just the more recent example. Most nations have had a harder and bloodier struggle for independence.  All we had  to do is vote.

Are you suggesting we should be thanking the British State for not sending in the troops to beat up grannies?

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Are you suggesting we should be thanking the British State for not sending in the troops to beat up grannies?

Unionists love a bit aggression. Not the clearest of thinkers. 

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No. Obviously enough.

Edited by Francis Albert

9 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Wish the weather were looking better, but it ought to be a cracking time regardless!

Fanatical nationalists are a strange bunch, but at least have a point. A fanatical nationalist, fanatical about another countries nationalism. Just plain weird.

You should've chose Hibs. They're a mad cult.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, jake said:

Flag waving is a beamer tbh.

Unless they're UF's with Gorgie Rules embroidered across them, Jakey boy.

:jjyay:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

250, 000 

31 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

All under one bampot 

Brigadoon 2  - are the auld nawbags deid yet ?

Grab yer Jimmy hat and join the fun

You should go and tell them. They might grab yer Jimmy Hat, just for fun. 

7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

The idea that a division on  unionism is made up nonsense is about as delusionalist as you can get. 

I mean it is blidingly obvious that about half or maybe  more of Scotland is unionist. 

A majority of Scots voted Yes. But unlike the EUref, foreigners were allowed the voted. Not the next time tho.

Edited by ri Alban

7 hours ago, jake said:

Flag waving is a beamer tbh.

What are conspiracy theorists? Other than tragic, gormless, thick, weird, insane, manic, Jakeys, Junkies, suspect, suspicious, easily led and outright embarrassing. 

Where's ma flag?

Edited by ri Alban

6 hours ago, JyTees said:

Fanatical nationalists are a strange bunch, but at least have a point. A fanatical nationalist, fanatical about another countries nationalism. Just plain weird.

You should've chose Hibs. They're a mad cult.

Says the Fanatic of English Nationalism. I'd bet good money you voted leave.

18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Says the Fanatic of English Nationalism. I'd bet good money you voted leave.

Supporting Scottish Nationalism is, of course, your absolute right, but why do you (and many like-minded folk like you) feel the need to be so constantly antagonistic all the time to those who don't share your opinions? 

Respecting others opinions and views with slightly less anger would perhaps make your views more palatable.

Ron Burgundy
4 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Supporting Scottish Nationalism is, of course, your absolute right, but why do you (and many like-minded folk like you) feel the need to be so constantly antagonistic all the time to those who don't share your opinions? 

Respecting others opinions and views with slightly less anger would perhaps make your views more palatable.

Because Nationalism requires fear, anger and self loathing in order for the infection to spread.

9 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Could you repeat that in something like coherent sentences. If so I will reply.

So sorry if basic English is beyond you...

11 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Because Nationalism requires fear, anger and self loathing in order for the infection to spread.

British Nationalism right there. Very aggressive and a real cringe. 

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

All under one bampot 

Brigadoon 2  - are the auld nawbags deid yet ?

Grab yer Jimmy hat and join the fun

And there's the "Scottish cringe" right there...

Ron Burgundy
6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

British Nationalism right there. Very aggressive and a real cringe. 

All nationalism.

50 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Supporting Scottish Nationalism is, of course, your absolute right, but why do you (and m̶a̶n̶y̶   a very small minority of like-minded folk like you) feel the need to be so constantly antagonistic all the time to those who don't share your opinions? 

Don't even pull that.

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

Please don't doctor my posts to suit your agenda.

:lol: Die mad about it. That's a truly silly response and word choice.

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Please don't doctor my posts to suit your agenda.

This. Extremely weird behaviour. Not unsurprising though. 

Ron Burgundy
Just now, Justin Z said:

:lol: Die mad about it. That's a truly silly response and word choice.

Not mad at all, just think you're  a tit.

Not mad at all, just think you're  a tit.

Seeing as you're too simple-minded to even grasp the gist of the completely non-doctored, very obviously modified post, I'm not sure why you think that would bother me.

Not mad at the tit though. :Aye::seething: :lol:

5 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Seeing as you're too simple-minded to even grasp the gist of the completely non-doctored, very obviously modified post, I'm not sure why you think that would bother me.

Not mad at the tit though. :Aye::seething: :lol:

Your posts have proven my earlier point about Scottish Nationalism tho....

Antagonistic - tick

Aggresive - tick

Angry - tick

Being blind to differing opinions - tick

Making no coherent points - tick

Making it more likely for people to side with Nationalism - no tick

1 minute ago, Old Hearts said:

Your posts have proven my earlier point about Scottish Nationalism tho....

Antagonistic - tick

Aggresive - tick

Angry - tick

Being blind to differing opinions - tick

Making no coherent points - tick

Making it more likely for people to side with Nationalism - no tick

Ah huh. So for one, I'm not Scottish. For two, the poster in question said I doctored his post, which is both blatantly false, and chicken littlish. For three, he then called me a tit. For four, I lolled at him, because to get "angry" at that would be silly. For five, he didn't offer a differing opinion at all, and when faced with a disagreement, he went ad hom and made a false claim.

You have taken the sum of all that and come up with that conclusion? You have proven a point, but it's not the one you think you have.

9 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Ah huh. So for one, I'm not Scottish. For two, the poster in question said I doctored his post, which is both blatantly false, and chicken littlish. For three, he then called me a tit. For four, I lolled at him, because to get "angry" at that would be silly. For five, he didn't offer a differing opinion at all, and when faced with a disagreement, he went ad hom and made a false claim.

You have taken the sum of all that and come up with that conclusion? You have proven a point, but it's not the one you think you have.

The antagonism, aggresion and anger is free-flowing this morning......

2 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

The antagonism, aggresion and anger is free-flowing this morning......

Indeed it is mate. Relax, book a spa day, have a piña colada :thumbsup: You'll feel much better.

Ron Burgundy
12 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I used the word doctor instead of modify.

I will take that shame to my grave.

Do you get out much?

12 hours ago, Marriott said:

If you read the media or listen to the Tories there is no appetite, I suppose this is a way of showing that there is.

Or if you listen to Labour or the Lib Dems. 

Basically anyone apart from the SNP then? I think that's what you meant to say.

I used the word doctor instead of modify.

I will take that shame to my grave.

Do you get out much?

Your genuine contrition is appreciated. ❤️

I do, yeah, thanks for asking! I live in a foreign country 5,000 miles from my original home. I'm going to an independence rally tomorrow with several friends, a truly international group--Scottish, Georgian, Finnish, Latvian, Canadian, and me, American. Gonna be a great time. You?

18 hours ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

It looks like being a record turnout on Saturday in Edinburgh for the AUOB march for independence with some reports suggesting that up to 250,000 folk could turn up. Anyone on here heading along to join in the fun? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

250,000? That would be impressive.

I hope they're handing out free soap and rabies shots?

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Your genuine contrition is appreciated. ❤️

I do, yeah, thanks for asking! I live in a foreign country 5,000 miles from my original home. I'm going to an independence rally tomorrow with several friends, a truly international group--Scottish, Georgian, Finnish, Latvian, Canadian, and me, American. Gonna be a great time. You?

You are so Che Guevara.

I will be watching my son play at Saughton for Tynecastle U17's then will race to the game to watch Hearts.

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You are so Che Guevara.

I will be watching my son play at Saughton for Tynecastle U17's then will race to the game to watch Hearts.

While I appreciate the sentiment, that's probably a bit much. I don't have the stomach to be a tankie, and I'm too selfish to be a revolutionary. I'd just like to live a quiet life in which I contribute in some way to the society in which I live, something I'd be able to do here with ease had the vote gone the other way in 2014, but c'est la vie, and I'm doing my best to work under current constraints to get there.

Brilliant about your son! Best of luck to him. I used to referee football at that age group and lower in the States--it was always nice to see the ones who truly enjoyed being out there and getting to play, and I hope that applies to him.

1 minute ago, JyTees said:

That explains a lot 😂

Enjoy your cosmopolitan weekend. 👍🏻

:lol: I got out while the going was . . . bad? Or maybe I've missed a trick and I could've taken my mediocre skill and been promoted to the top flight of Scottish refereeing straight away if I just walked in and asked. :24_shocked: Or maybe not, since I'm not Weegia by birth 🤔

Cheers!

The Old Tolbooth
12 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Once in a generation aye? Did big Eck say that?

Cant ever imagine a politicians “post truth” statement being regurgitated!

Better together. 

Almost like federalism. 

Dont leave, lead. 

A nation of equals.

Pooling & sharing. 

The Vow. 

Vote No & stay in the EU. 

Etc. 

Now there's proper “post truth” for ye! That’s how its done. 

Mon the AUOB marchers!!!

I understood your post perfectly mate, and you're 100% bang on the money!

This "Once in a generation" myth, seems to have grown arms and legs, I don't recall anyone even saying it back in 2014, and in any case, we were "PROMISED" among other things, that if we were dragged out of the EU against our will, then we would have the right to hold another Indy referendum, there was also a mandate passed in the Scottish Parliament for it as well, and if we're such a drain on English society (like they claim we are), then why are they so desperate to keep us? It's really not difficult. 

I can't make the march tomorrow but I hope they all turn out in huge numbers and have yet another peaceful day out of protesting for Indy, good luck to all going and let's hope we can increase the numbers from the 100,000 ish that turned up last time (despite Police Scotland stating that only 20k turned up, wtaf :rofl: :rofl: ) 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, Old Hearts said:

Imo it’s the other way round.
Any thread on this board that has any independence theme gets trolled back to the Stone Age by unionists with literally nothing to say other that antagonise or use childish names for people and they get away with repeatedly. If you react in any way you get a warning and thread banned yet they are allowed to continue trolling. I’ve been reported to mods by a couple of big girls blouses on the indy threads because I called them a fud or something equally trivial. 
The palpable smell of fear amongst union supporters is....well....smelly imo. 

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

This "Once in a generation" myth, seems to have grown arms and legs, I don't recall anyone even saying it back in 2014, and in any case, we were "PROMISED" among other things, that if we were dragged out of the EU against our will, then we would have the right to hold another Indy referendum, there was also a mandate passed in the Scottish Parliament for it as well, and if we're such a drain on English society (like they claim we are), then why are they so desperate to keep us? It's really not difficult. 

I can't make the march tomorrow but I hope they all turn out in huge numbers and have yet another peaceful day out of protesting for Indy, good luck to all going and let's hope we can increase the numbers from the 100,000 ish that turned up last time (despite Police Scotland stating that only 20k turned up, wtaf :rofl: :rofl: ) 

The 'myth' that nobody said 'Once in a generation' seems to be becoming a bit of a myth itself, I suppose the more you say it to yourself the more you become convinced that it's true.

Not that it really matters, as we all know that the majority of politicians are lying shysters, if we haven't learnt that over the last 5-6 years, then there is no hope for us.

been here before
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Both once in a generation and a lifetime...

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/snp/alex-salmond/news/84391/alex-salmond-i-never-said-independence

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Adam Murray said:

The 'myth' that nobody said 'Once in a generation' seems to be becoming a bit of a myth itself, I suppose the more you say it to yourself the more you become convinced that it's true.

Not that it really matters, as we all know that the majority of politicians are lying shysters, if we haven't learnt that over the last 5-6 years, then there is no hope for us.

Conveniently missing out the fact that it was subject to no material change, and that material change is being dragged out of the EU against our democratic will, and that these were the rules set out at the time by the liars from Westminster, you keep swallowing unionist propaganda videos though :thumbsup: 

If I want to vote Indy, i’ll do it in the ballot box. 

No one needs these shitty marches, it’s a waste of time, a waste of public resources and a great inconvenience.

4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Conveniently missing out the fact that it was subject to no material change, and that material change is being dragged out of the EU against our democratic will, and that these were the rules set out at the time by the liars from Westminster, you keep swallowing unionist propaganda videos though :thumbsup: 

Typed in 'Once in a generation' into youtube, this appears...…..but apparently nobody said it.

2 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

Typed in 'Once in a generation' into youtube, this appears...…..but apparently nobody said it.

According to one poster you quoted, who actually said they didn't recall it.

Do you have an opinion on the actual relevance of the "once in a lifetime" statement, in relation to where we are now?

been here before
8 minutes ago, Boris said:

According to one poster you quoted, who actually said they didn't recall it.

Do you have an opinion on the actual relevance of the "once in a lifetime" statement, in relation to where we are now?

What he also said was it's a "myth... which has grown arms and legs".

18 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If I want to vote Indy, i’ll do it in the ballot box. 

No one needs these shitty marches, it’s a waste of time, a waste of public resources and a great inconvenience.

Maybe not.

"The 3.5% rule" says this proportion of the population, doing non-violent direct action, generally win their causes. True?

27 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

:yas:  :pleasing: