LochendLockdown.net

CostaJambo

Jambo, Goodbye
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?342147-Where-is-the-player-that-would-not-dare-to-fight-for-Hibernian&p=5935890#post5935890

I quite enjoyed this thread and the fact they didn’t know what it was about either

They all think it looked great too. 

When in reality,  it looks like they went over budget 80% of the way through so then finished it off with some Tesco value bin liner.  

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Beast Boy

• Kiwidoug

• RobNox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The one route I hope we never go down is a loan player from a rival club. Surprised they came to an agreement with Sevco for Middleton. For one thing he out for at least 3 games against his parent club and whilst there is an incentive to impress on loan, going  cap in hand to either of the gruesome twosome just doesn,t seem right.

10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'll sum it up for the slavering gimp.

:leveinnaturalorder:

now away back to entertaining yer relatives ya root.

Ya root.  :rofl:

The other one about the “no vlad means level playing field” theory is they selectively forget we gave them it dry over the course of two undefeated runs in the 80s and 90s when there wasn’t money in the game.

aye, Vermin. It’s about substance, Hearts qualities, an ingrained “will to win” to come out on top in derbies more than you. 

Edited by Debut 4

13 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

The other one about the “no vlad means level playing field” theory is they selectively forget we gave them it dry over the course of two undefeated runs in the 80s and 90s when there wasn’t money in the game.

aye, Vermin. It’s about substance, Hearts qualities, an ingrained “will to win” to come out on top in derbies more than you. 

Oh they’ve long since revised that. I’m being perfectly serious here by the way... apparently we were financial doping during Mercer and Robinson’s tenures too. It’s quite incredible the mental gymnastics these fruitcakes engage in to feel better about their shockingly bad history against us.

I’m not quite sure when they’re going to wake up too the fact that they’re just shite! They lose the big games like derbies because they’ve no bottle and most of the time shite! This myth about the hibs way of playing is bolloks as well, one team played good football about 60 years ago and since then they have this deluded view that it’s a style all their teams play when the reality is 90% of their teams since then couldn’t pass water!

Heckingbottom - owned already

Lennon - spat the dummy and left

Stubbs - owned and left in the diddy league

Butcher - owned

Fenlon - owned

The list goes on and on! They are just shite... one wonder strike and a couple of efforts in the last 5 minutes was all they had yesterday, there was only one team trying to play football and it wasn’t the shite in green!

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I’m not quite sure when they’re going to wake up too the fact that they’re just shite! They lose the big games like derbies because they’ve no bottle and most of the time shite! This myth about the hibs way of playing is bolloks as well, one team played good football about 60 years ago and since then they have this deluded view that it’s a style all their teams play when the reality is 90% of their teams since then couldn’t pass water!

Butcher - owned

Fenlon - owned

The list goes on and on! They are just shite... one wonder strike and a couple of efforts in the last 5 minutes was all they had yesterday, there was only one team trying to play football and it wasn’t the shite in green!

Its not quite been updated to the most recent game yet, but the colour coded all time results graphic tells you everything you need to know about “dominance” in the fixture:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_derby

Periods in the 20s, 70s, and 00s they had reasonably long periods of success against us. Everything else is ours.

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Its not quite been updated to the most recent game yet, but the colour coded all time results graphic tells you everything you need to know about “dominance” in the fixture:

Periods in the 20s, 70s, and 00s they had reasonably long periods of success against us. Everything else is ours.

We own them! Yesterday was like a return to the old days when they scored but they knew and we all knew we would equalise and likely win! 

14 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Oh they’ve long since revised that. I’m being perfectly serious here by the way... apparently we were financial doping during Mercer and Robinson’s tenures too. It’s quite incredible the mental gymnastics these fruitcakes engage in to feel better about their shockingly bad history against us.

They go to great lengths to embarrass themselves. Not just by shan card/flag/bin bag displays....

been here before
33 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Butcher - owned

Fenlon - owned

Fenlon wasnt just owned he was shattered, irrevocably broken. Destroyed.

Edited by been here before

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

now away back to entertaining yer relatives ya root.

Bigger club ,simply because weve won more overall,,,and have a bigger support ,and they hate us for  that (edinas darlings)

58 minutes ago, been here before said:

Fenlon wasnt just owned he was shattered, irrevocably broken. Destroyed.

And it was a thing of beauty to watch! This latest joker is heading the same way!

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If I’m reading it right Hibs have only ever won more than 2 league derbies in a row twice 3 in the 20’s and 3 in the 1890’s

8 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

If I’m reading it right Hibs have only ever won more than 2 league derbies in a row twice 3 in the 20’s and 3 in the 1890’s

And only once have they managed 3 wins in a season, in 75-76 season..

been here before
Just now, Morgan said:

Aye, last night.

Bloody arsehole that he is!

The boy came back later in the thread with a right petted lip claiming that he was 'fishing'

:facepalm:

Dunfyhibee 05:55 PM Yesterday
🎣🎣 hope that cheered some of yous up

Which didnt really help his cause...

Jones28 05:56 PM Yesterday 
Originally Posted by Dunfyhibee:
Fishing? Aye right then 😂🍻🍻🍻

I'm Spartacus 06:57 PM Yesterday 
emoji476.pngemoji476.png hope that cheered some of yous up
Haha aye right Dunfy!!!

3 words- Hibs welt.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

The boy came back later in the thread with a right petted lip claiming that he was 'fishing'

:facepalm:

Dunfyhibee 05:55 PM Yesterday

Which didnt really help his cause...

Jones28 05:56 PM Yesterday 
Fishing? Aye right then 😂🍻🍻🍻

I'm Spartacus 06:57 PM Yesterday 
emoji476.pngemoji476.png hope that cheered some of yous up
Haha aye right Dunfy!!!

3 words- Hibs welt.

Two words:

Thanks for this.

Ooopppss!

(Hadn’t seen that, cheers). :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

The one route I hope we never go down is a loan player from a rival club. Surprised they came to an agreement with Sevco for Middleton. For one thing he out for at least 3 games against his parent club and whilst there is an incentive to impress on loan, going  cap in hand to either of the gruesome twosome just doesn,t seem right.

He was their best player too. A bit like most OF loanees they've had.

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Butcher - owned

Fenlon - owned

The ‘Hibs way’ is complete delusional shite. Apart from the jokers you quote how about the footballing visionaries that were Calderwood, Duffy, Williamson and Miller? Must be at least 15 years of garbage produced by that quartet.

Better call Saul
15 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

No disrespect to Makel and Murray, but should we not have Hibs men in their jobs? Like Hearts have Hearts men. Makel and Murray never played for us, therefore don’t know what it means to beat Hearts. They certainly know what it’s like to beat Hibs playing for Hearts.

Murray is a hibs supporter ain't he? 

Jambo, Goodbye

We          only         won         five          one

words

:smug:

Guest ToqueJambo
17 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Oh well. I take solice in the fact all his signings must have decent lengths on their contracts.

Their star striker and most expensive signing had an easy header to level it at the death and chose to punch it 😂

Goldstone Wonder
54 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Murray is a hibs supporter ain't he? 

I don’t think Grant Murray is a Hibs supporter. 

Guest ToqueJambo
11 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Butcher - owned

Fenlon - owned

Not even 60 years ago. In the 80s and 90s there was no such thing as "the Hibs way". They had a good team in the 70s for a while by all accounts when we were shite and they had the Famous Five, but they in no way define them as a club any more than our own Terrible Trio (who scored more goals I think) define us.

They cling on to that period - even though most fans never saw it - because they've literally had no golden period since then, maybe up until their cup win. Meanwhile we had over 30 years of complete derby dominance, nearly winning the league in the 80s, some 2nds and the SC in the 90s, a European QF, Europa League group stages, that crazy first Romanov season.... Even after the lowest point in our history we managed to pull an epic memorable season out of the hat in the Championship, that also included keeping them down..

The "Hibs way" chat really started with Mowbray after Romanov arrived and it looked like we would stretch away and make them completely irrelevant. The Hibs way - and "conveyor belt of talent" - was pushed by Petrie and Collins in particular after that 1 or 2 half decent seasons from Mowbray when they did have a good young side. Petrie would come out with it at their AGMs along with stuff about Hibs doing things "the right way". They used it to excuse multiple very poor seasons and a surprising number of Hibees (and journalists) bought into it. 

The funny thing is peak Hibs way chat coincided with them steadily declining over 10 years until they got relegated. Under Stubbs and Lennon they abandoned all pretence of being some sort of superior footballing side and did better because of that. Now they're just a shite team playing shite football.

Edited by ToqueJambo

That 70s side was quite good.  Good enough however to have Celtic taking 6 goals off them on a regular basis in cup finals.

We only managed 5 but it should have been 10.

A result they are unlikely to ever recover from.

Montgomery Brewster
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

That 70s side was quite good.  Good enough however to have Celtic taking 6 goals off them on a regular basis in cup finals.

We only managed 5 but it should have been 10.

A result they Will never recover from.

Fixed that 

Those stats from wiki are amazing.  From the late 70's to the late 90's we played each other in 64 league matches and Hibs only won 8.  That's a win rate of just 12.5% for that period.  No wonder they despise us.:glorious:

The Old Tolbooth

For all they gloat about their so called great side of the 70's, they only have one League Cup win to show for it, and another couple of Hampden humiliations thrown in, and for all their gloating about the famous 5 etc, they only ever beat Hearts terrible trio once I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Their star striker and most expensive signing had an easy header to level it at the death and chose to punch it 😂

What!!!Are you saying.......he hibsed it!!!!

10 hours ago, TheBigO said:

He was their best player too. A bit like most OF loanees they've had.

Spot on, he looked decent enough , caused a few problems at the back for us 

27 minutes ago, fila said:

Spot on, he looked decent enough , caused a few problems at the back for us 

Yep i was pretty happy he didnt start. Him and Horgan either side would have been a threat. When they've done well against us in recent years, its been their wingers.

That said, i look at our teams, especially strongest XIs, but even what we had out on Sun, and i wouldnt swap a single player. Not one.

14 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

now away back to entertaining yer relatives WITH YER root.

Ftfy

Better call Saul
3 hours ago, Goldstone Wonder said:

I don’t think Grant Murray is a Hibs supporter. 

Maybe not I just premused so as I remember seeing his wife's facebook cover with hibs stuff but she was a big hibby even back at school and I though I seen him in the green but it appears not. 

4 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Those stats from wiki are amazing.  From the late 70's to the late 90's we played each other in 64 league matches and Hibs only won 8.  That's a win rate of just 12.5% for that period.  No wonder they despise us.:glorious:

That’s 8 too many.

4 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

For all they gloat about their so called great side of the 70's, they only have one League Cup win to show for it, and another couple of Hampden humiliations thrown in, and for all their gloating about the famous 5 etc, they only ever beat Hearts terrible trio once I'm sure. 

I don't think the 5 ever beat the 3 with all 8 playing ?

5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not even 60 years ago. In the 80s and 90s there was no such thing as "the Hibs way". They had a good team in the 70s for a while by all accounts when we were shite and they had the Famous Five, but they in no way define them as a club any more than our own Terrible Trio (who scored more goals I think) define us.

They cling on to that period - even though most fans never saw it - because they've literally had no golden period since then, maybe up until their cup win. Meanwhile we had over 30 years of complete derby dominance, nearly winning the league in the 80s, some 2nds and the SC in the 90s, a European QF, Europa League group stages, that crazy first Romanov season.... Even after the lowest point in our history we managed to pull an epic memorable season out of the hat in the Championship, that also included keeping them down..

The "Hibs way" chat really started with Mowbray after Romanov arrived and it looked like we would stretch away and make them completely irrelevant. The Hibs way - and "conveyor belt of talent" - was pushed by Petrie and Collins in particular after that 1 or 2 half decent seasons from Mowbray when they did have a good young side. Petrie would come out with it at their AGMs along with stuff about Hibs doing things "the right way". They used it to excuse multiple very poor seasons and a surprising number of Hibees (and journalists) bought into it. 

The funny thing is peak Hibs way chat coincided with them steadily declining over 10 years until they got relegated. Under Stubbs and Lennon they abandoned all pretence of being some sort of superior footballing side and did better because of that. Now they're just a shite team playing shite football.

This is one of those rare posts that you wish you had written yourself. Brilliant.

18 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Well it looks like i've been found out :(

Have you been "launched by mutual consent" ?