Gary Locke

dougal

2 minutes ago, 80bob said:

Nope nope nope shoehorning in past players and fans favourites is not forward thinking. It buys them probably an extra 12 months to think of some other past player we’ve not tried if it goes tits up

It's more to do with passion.

I agree with you its not my choice for the future I'm not a seer of coming events. Was regarding Gary and how to tap into him transfer it into the side I see that as forward thinking. Sometimes you have to move backward to mve forwards

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Coburg Hearts

• AJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not heard that but, I did hear that some folk think the earth is flat as well............but we know it isn’t 

Don't be so sure !  Don't you know that the Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe ?

1 hour ago, leginten said:

Won’t be happening.

Wonder if he could dig out the odd league win in a baker’s dozen, though.

Decide for yourself on the likelihood:

Club Appointed In charge until Days in charge Position Matches W D L Players used ø-Goals PPM
Heart of Midlothian FC Scotland Heart of Midl. 17/18 (Jul 1, 2017)  expected -  811 Days Club representative - - - - - - : - -
Cowdenbeath FC Scotland Cowdenbeath FC 16/17 (Mar 10, 2017)  17/18 (Jul 1, 2017)  113 Days Manager 3 1 2 0 16 2,33 : 1,67 1,67
Raith Rovers FC Scotland Raith Rovers 15/16 (May 20, 2016)  16/17 (Feb 7, 2017)  263 Days Manager 30 9 8 13 24 1,20 : 1,53 1,17
Kilmarnock FC Scotland Kilmarnock FC 14/15 (Apr 2, 2015)  15/16 (Jan 30, 2016)  303 Days Manager 35 9 6 20 36 1,29 : 1,97 0,94
Kilmarnock FC Scotland Kilmarnock FC 14/15 (Feb 6, 2015)  14/15 (Apr 2, 2015)  55 Days Caretaker Manager 6 2 3 1 21 1,33 : 1,17 1,50
Kilmarnock FC Scotland Kilmarnock FC 13/14 (Jun 20, 2014)  14/15 (Feb 6, 2015)  231 Days Assistant Manager - - - - - - : - -
Assistant Manager of: Allan Johnston (26 Games)
Heart of Midlothian FC Scotland Heart of Midl. 12/13 (Mar 16, 2013)  13/14 (May 12, 2014)  422 Days Manager 51 16 9 26 29 1,47 : 1,94 1,12
Heart of Midlothian FC Scotland Heart of Midl. 12/13 (Feb 28, 2013)  12/13 (Mar 16, 2013)  16 Days Caretaker Manager 2 1 1 0 16 1,00 : - 2,00
Heart of Midlothian FC Scotland Heart of Midl. 09/10 (Feb 9, 2010)  12/13 (Feb 28, 2013)  1115 Days Assistant Manager - - - - - - : - -

Just now, whodanny said:

Don't be so sure !  Don't you know that the Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe ?

No one even knows for 100% sure that the earth is round 

highlandjambo3

Off topic a bit and, just for a wee laugh, some flat earth golden nuggets below:

1.  The leading flat-earther theoryholds that Earth is a disc with the Arctic Circle in the center and Antarctica, a 150-foot-tall wall of ice, around the rim. NASA employees, they say, guard this ice wall to prevent people from climbing over and falling off the disc.

2.  Earth's gravity is an illusion, they say. Objects do not accelerate downward; instead, the disc of Earth accelerates upward at 32 feet per second.

3.  Flat-earthers believe photos of the globe are photoshopped; GPS devices are rigged to make airplane pilots think they are flying in straight lines around a sphere when they are actually flying in circles above a disc.

hours of endless reading fun with these trumpets actually believing this to be true (quite scary actually).

19 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Decide for yourself on the likelihood:

Club Appointed In charge until Days in charge Position Matches W D L Players used ø-Goals PPM
Heart of Midlothian FC Scotland Heart of Midl. 17/18 (Jul 1, 2017)  expected -  811 Days Club representative - - - - - - : - -
Cowdenbeath FC Scotland Cowdenbeath FC 16/17 (Mar 10, 2017)  17/18 (Jul 1, 2017)  113 Days Manager 3 1 2 0 16 2,33 : 1,67 1,67
Raith Rovers FC Scotland Raith Rovers 15/16 (May 20, 2016)  16/17 (Feb 7, 2017)  263 Days Manager 30 9 8 13 24 1,20 : 1,53 1,17
Kilmarnock FC Scotland Kilmarnock FC 14/15 (Apr 2, 2015)  15/16 (Jan 30, 2016)  303 Days Manager 35 9 6 20 36 1,29 : 1,97 0,94
Kilmarnock FC Scotland Kilmarnock FC 14/15 (Feb 6, 2015)  14/15 (Apr 2, 2015)  55 Days Caretaker Manager 6 2 3 1 21 1,33 : 1,17 1,50
Kilmarnock FC Scotland Kilmarnock FC 13/14 (Jun 20, 2014)  14/15 (Feb 6, 2015)  231 Days Assistant Manager - - - - - - : - -
Assistant Manager of: Allan Johnston (26 Games)
Heart of Midlothian FC Scotland Heart of Midl. 12/13 (Mar 16, 2013)  13/14 (May 12, 2014)  422 Days Manager 51 16 9 26 29 1,47 : 1,94 1,12
Heart of Midlothian FC Scotland Heart of Midl. 12/13 (Feb 28, 2013)  12/13 (Mar 16, 2013)  16 Days Caretaker Manager 2 1 1 0 16 1,00 : - 2,00
Heart of Midlothian FC Scotland Heart of Midl. 09/10 (Feb 9, 2010)  12/13 (Feb 28, 2013)  1115 Days Assistant Manager - - - - - - : - -

I’m trying to read that on an iPad and the info is all over the place, so I can’t make head nor tail of it. If I were a betting man, I’d guess it shows a run of thirteen games without a win?

9 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Where’s the evidence?

Cos if the earth was flat, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now. 

Fact. End of. 

8 minutes ago, leginten said:

I’m trying to read that on an iPad and the info is all over the place, so I can’t make head nor tail of it. If I were a betting man, I’d guess it shows a run of thirteen games without a win?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gary-locke/stationen/trainer/12951/plus/1

Cowdenbeath: P-03 W-01 D-02 L-00

Raith Rovers:   P-30 W-09 D-08 L-13

Kilmarnock:     P-41 W-11 D-09 L-21

Heart of Mid:   P-53 W-17 D-10 L-26

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

33 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

He sure was smartly dressed. (I think 😉)

He got off to a great start beating Aberdeen at home in the league cup. All downhill from there. 

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gary-locke/stationen/trainer/12951/plus/1

Cowdenbeath: P-01 W-01 D-02 L-00

Raith Rovers:   P-30 W-09 D-08 L-13

Kilmarnock:     P-41 W-11 D-09 L-21

Heart of Mid:   P-53 W-17 D-10 L-26

Yes, not the world’s greatest manager. I was just wondering how he’d have done compared to Levein in the period since Cathro was sacked. Idle speculation.

Just now, leginten said:

Yes, not the world’s greatest manager. I was just wondering how he’d have done compared to Levein in the period since Cathro was sacked. Idle speculation.

I don't see anything in his record to suggest he would have done any better... Who knows though, maybe. Certainly wouldn't make my shortlist for replacements if I had to draw one up.

18 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Off topic a bit and, just for a wee laugh, some flat earth golden nuggets below:

1.  The leading flat-earther theoryholds that Earth is a disc with the Arctic Circle in the center and Antarctica, a 150-foot-tall wall of ice, around the rim. NASA employees, they say, guard this ice wall to prevent people from climbing over and falling off the disc.

2.  Earth's gravity is an illusion, they say. Objects do not accelerate downward; instead, the disc of Earth accelerates upward at 32 feet per second.

3.  Flat-earthers believe photos of the globe are photoshopped; GPS devices are rigged to make airplane pilots think they are flying in straight lines around a sphere when they are actually flying in circles above a disc.

hours of endless reading fun with these trumpets actually believing this to be true (quite scary actually).

Do these halfwits think that in WWII, Japanese bombers flew tens of thousands of miles West, over Europe, right the way over the east coast of America to the West, in order to attack Pearl Harbour?  :lol: 

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Do these halfwits think that in WWII, Japanese bombers flew tens of thousands of miles West, over Europe, right the way over the east coast of America to the West, in order to attack Pearl Harbour?  :lol: 

They were obviously an early part of the plot of lies, along with NASA and our science teachers later on..

I think there is even a sect amongst these ridiculous simpletons who believe there is no such place as Australia. Now there are times when I'd like that to be true tbf... but... y'know... it's not.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I don't see anything in his record to suggest he would have done any better... Who knows though, maybe. Certainly wouldn't make my shortlist for replacements if I had to draw one up.

Mine neither. 

I won’t deny, though, that I’ve always had huge respect for him. He took a massive slagging the season we went down after starting on -15 points. I suppose another piece of idle speculation is wondering how Levein (or anyone else who has managed us recently) would have coped with -15 and a bunch of kids plus Jamie Mac, Hammill and Stevenson.

1 minute ago, leginten said:

Mine neither. 

I won’t deny, though, that I’ve always had huge respect for him. He took a massive slagging the season we went down after starting on -15 points. I suppose another piece of idle speculation is wondering how Levein (or anyone else who has managed us recently) would have coped with -15 and a bunch of kids plus Jamie Mac, Hammill and Stevenson.

I won't lie to you Leginten, that season was ****ing brutal and I was glad he never got the gig thereafter.

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They didn't ?  Sheeeesh !  Lazy Bassas.

I won't lie to you Leginten, that season was ****ing brutal and I was glad he never got the gig thereafter.

It was brutal. My son made me stay for the second half of the 7-0 Cup defeat against Celtic. And yet there was, for me, a sense that he wasn’t going to overcome that 15-point hurdle despite a promising first few games. Certainly not with the means at his disposal - and that obviously includes his managerial ability.

More brutal than the last couple of seasons? I honestly don’t think so.

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

very amusing...

if that happened, who on earth are we going to replace for GL's current  role tottering about hospitality on the pish?!

I heard Kevin Kyle has put his cv for that role

Just now, leginten said:

It was brutal. My son made me stay for the second half of the 7-0 Cup defeat against Celtic. And yet there was, for me, a sense that he wasn’t going to overcome that 15-point hurdle despite a promising first few games. Certainly not with the means at his disposal - and that obviously includes his managerial ability.

More brutal than the last couple of seasons? I honestly don’t think so.

For me? Yes. At least we had a long run of wins, and a 4-0 and a 1-0 v Celtic. It’s also never felt like we have just thrown in the towel. We have been utter horseshit a few times, granted. Always felt as though we were shite despite giving it our all though. To me at least.

29 minutes ago, leginten said:

I gave up reading it and decided to do a practice run  at jumping  the wall at easter road Sunday planting a maroon and white ribbon tied to a black rose on the  penalty spot. End of game

2 hours ago, dougal said:

Apologies if this has been posted already. 

Heard today from a guy at work who has some connections within Scottish football that Gary Locke has been sounded out to replace Levein as the next manager.  The guy at my work has been right about things more than he's been wrong and so if this is correct it would be in my opinion a very underwhelming decision and seems to point at Levein going back to just DoF. 

Just wondered if anyone else had heard this??

You mis-heard - it's actually John Locke that will be in the dugout. He was once lost, but now is found.

He also hates hibs :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

No one even knows for 100% sure that the earth is round 

Actually we know 100% that it isn't round. It is an oblate spheroid :D

48 minutes ago, londonjambo said:

Cos if the earth was flat, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now. 

Fact. End of. 

Ended 😂😂😂

58 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Where’s the evidence?

There is not words for this...maybe check over the top of the 150ft wall of ice around the rim if you don’t come back you’ll know you were right and everyone else was wrong.

My favourite is when they release stuff saying flat earth society we need to get the info out across the globe.

37 minutes ago, leginten said:

Mine neither. 

I think the passion GL has helped a lot that season and the fact tactics really weren’t a big thing (yes i know our tactics just now seem non existent😂) so you could just let the kids go and have fun on the pitch. That made that season at least tolerable if that makes sense. Whereas the last two have been a chore but a comparison of how each would of performed in the other circumstance is really difficult to even try to work out. 

12 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Its actually a bumpy Spheroid...

Thats too complex for some - go with round for that reason alone....

Is number 2 the reason why Lois Lane doesn’t get chopped into three pieces when she falls off the roof and helicopachooor in Superman the movie. She didn’t really fall down the world , sorry disc fell upward. 

Dearie me, they're as barmy as some on here. haha

2 hours ago, dougal said:

Apologies if this has been posted already. 

Heard today from a guy at work who has some connections within Scottish football that Gary Locke has been sounded out to replace Levein as the next manager.  The guy at my work has been right about things more than he's been wrong and so if this is correct it would be in my opinion a very underwhelming decision and seems to point at Levein going back to just DoF. 

Just wondered if anyone else had heard this??

If Gary Locke is in the dugout on Sunday, Hearts will win 4-0... 

53 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The battle of Midway must have been on the very edge. (fortunately the result wasn't)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
54 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Did they not

:wow:

3 minutes ago, jake said:

In theory could a flat planet exist?

Of course , it could be balanced on the back of 4elephants on top of a giant turtle 

Edited by sadj

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Why has Gary Locke been sounded out and not me.

I'm a good Hearts man too....honestly 

Exactly .

It's a good manager we need not a good Hearts man.

No offence to Locke.

50 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The game up at Ross County was the real sickener for me. One up with about a minute to go, I think, and we lost 2-1. 

Just now, sadj said:

Of course , we could be balanced on the back of 4elephants on top of a giant turtle 

That's possible if you believe the infinity theory.

Mathematically sound.

Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

The game up at Ross County was the real sickener for me. One up with about a minute to go, I think, and we lost 2-1. 

All fell apart after that, and the towel was tossed in. 

Giving this a bit more thought. Do emperor penguins live on top of a wall that circles the disc? 

Its mathematically possible.