***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

CL should have said

"**** the defence, it's fine. None of the good teams defend, defending is for arseholes, hopefully we continue to chuck goals in" 

Keep a certain group of fans happy. 

Constantly having a pop at people. You are actually in some ways worse than those you are referring to. 

Not interested in debating the matter, just my irrelevant opinion. You bash on. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Sagan

• Maroon Sailor

• Bridge of Djoum

All roads lead to Gorgie

Putting aside the managerial turmoil for the time being just get stuck right into the wee team Hearts and put a smile back on everyone’s face's. Cmon the Jambos! 

6 hours ago, AJAMBO said:

What caused the rift between your love of Hearts to bitter sweet struggle with owner coach amongst the HMFC officials ? I read your posts your sarcastic dry humour is pretty good. We're here for and with you always together as Jambos

Are you that lunatic from Blackpool?

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, dazinho88 said:

Constantly having a pop at people. You are actually in some ways worse than those you are referring to. 

Not interested in debating the matter, just my irrelevant opinion. You bash on. 

I probably am worse in some ways. 

But amongst my sarcasm, the point remains. 

Our defence does need to tighten up, pretty obvious thing for a manager to comment on given the context of conceding 5 goals at home over 2 games, 3 at Aberdeen and 3 at celtic 

We've also scored twice on 3 occasions and got one point. 

Defence clearly an issue. 

Our manager mentions it and folk go into meltdown. 

Perfectly sensible thing to say and if folk can't acknowledge that the problem is with them imo. 

21 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Are you that lunatic from Blackpool?

No psycho far from that shitehole. I didn't mean to quote you or use your use name sorry

12 hours ago, D4nny_ said:

Call me insane, but I think we will win rather comfortably.

Me too. I honestly think we are looking at a three or four nil. 

However... Dare we lose... I've promised myself that I will not log on to kickback after the full time whistle.

made an arse of myself enough when angry... 

Beer time soon.  Followed by chardonnay time.  Followed by dinner time.  Followed by outlandish prediction.  Followed by bedtime.

I know about plans and I execute them with admirable precision.

8 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Doyle

Brandon Halkett Berra Hickey

Whelan Damour

Meshino MacLean Mulraney

Uche

Smith for Brandon, Naismith for MacLean, and that's the team for me,

but Levein will throw Clare in,  just to piss us all off.

portobellojambo1
19 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

""So the focus for us is not to assist the opponents, to do everything we can to stop them from scoring and I think that will then put us in a position where we've got a chance of winning."

Defensive line-up on Sunday then. 

It is a strange manner in which to to be approaching a derby match. It is effectively saying if they don't score we might win, and  follows on from his comments saying he thinks we have a squad who can avoid relegation. Is this what quantifies as "I'm the man to fix things".

I desperately want us to win tomorrow, but it would be wrong to say anything other than I've not seen anything recently to create a feeling that we will do so. And the situation both managers find themselves in makes me think there is a fair chance this could end up 0-0.

21 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

Get at them right from the start, get the crowd behind the team and let's give them a doing (or 1-0 will do)!

Always look forward to an Easter Road away day. Think we will score 2 or 3, wee Meshino with at least 1 goal.

No idea where my optimism is coming from, but I'm going with it. Can wait to get there on Sunday! 

Ryo is sensational. Probably going to be the greatest football artist to wear Maroon and White. Promised he'd score one of his wonder free kicks on Sunday from what ive seen he is capable of 4 . Class

53 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It is a strange manner in which to to be approaching a derby match. It is effectively saying if they don't score we might win, and  follows on from his comments saying he thinks we have a squad who can avoid relegation. Is this what quantifies as "I'm the man to fix things".

I desperately want us to win tomorrow, but it would be wrong to say anything other than I've not seen anything recently to create a feeling that we will do so. And the situation both managers find themselves in makes me think there is a fair chance this could end up 0-0.

Song moment

Fix you - Coldplay

Absolutely 0 confidence in this team or manager.

I predict we will have a defensive formation hoofing it long to Uche, feeding off scraps with little chances. We’ll as usual make that lot look way better than the are and they will get their confidence boosting win.  1-0 them

**** im depressing myself.

Edited by Jamboelite

John mcCartney
34 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Players should shut out anything Levein says and go out and play for themselves and the fans.

bloke is excruciatingly negative,hopefuly the players do as you say and have Meschino pulling the strings up top.
That was a superb goal last week and can see him causing utmost carnage tomorrow afternoon...........

Edited by John mcCartney

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The trouble with Levein is that he has a knack of coming out with these weird comments which are often intended as tongue in cheek however it can be hard to know when he is being serious or otherwise.

Hopefully he is not saying this sort of nonsense to the players and has them fired up to have a real go but somehow I have my doubts.

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, rmreido said:

Smith for Brandon, Naismith for MacLean, and that's the team for me,

but Levein will throw Clare in,  just to piss us all off.

Hope not he cost us two goals v Motherwell and one v Hamilton. I would go with your changes if Naismith and Smith were fully fit but not convinced they are. I would also change keeper if he is fit.

I read on Kickback that it’s in Clare’s contract that he starts. I hope that’s nonsense but sometimes you wonder.

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

I've been the biggest defender of Clare but he does need taken out of the team for now, preferably until a new manager arrives and PLAYS HIM AS A ****ING ATTACKING MID.

28 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Hope not he cost us two goals v Motherwell and one v Hamilton. I would go with your changes if Naismith and Smith were fully fit but not convinced they are. I would also change keeper if he is fit.

I read on Kickback that it’s in Clare’s contract that he starts. I hope that’s nonsense but sometimes you wonder.

I'm sure Clare has started on the bench before so that puts that nonsense to bed.

I’ve seen the leaked team for tomorrow and it’s a very strong 11. Sean Clare dropped and a decent midfield for a change. I’m now quite buoyed for this game. I’m predicting a 4-1 and 5-1 scoreline. FTH 🇱🇻

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Still wotrried about where the goals will come from.  Availability of key players crucial.

0-4 though.

2 v Aberdeen, Hamilton, well (twice), even scored at Parkhead. 

It's the defence that is giving me the fear atm tbh. 

2 goals down there wins you the game probably 3/4 of the time, nah good if you chuck goals in tho. 

3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ve seen the leaked team for tomorrow and it’s a very strong 11. Sean Clare dropped and a decent midfield for a change. I’m now quite buoyed for this game. I’m predicting a 4-1 and 5-1 scoreline. FTH 🇱🇻

So Naismith and Smith have passed fitness tests? 4231 with Naismith behind Uche and Smith back in at Right back. Whelan and Damour in the two. 

Doyle 

Smith 

Berra 

Halkett 

Hickey 

Damour 

Whelan 

Meshino 

Naismith 

Mulraney 

Uche 

Weakened Offender
22 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

3-1 Hibs. Similar to the Cathro cup game. 

I think this will be the score too. I think they will score early and half a dozen of our players will just disappear.

2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

I think this will be the score too. I think they will score early and half a dozen of our players will just disappear.

I think you should lighten up.

I am buzzing and will stay buzzing until I see what starting XI Levein has selected.  I hate his defender's mentality of "we start with 1 point, let's defend it".  

A defeat, especially with a poor performance,  must impact his position as Head Honcho.

Clearly, Souttar and Haring (and Naisy) are irreplaceable. 

BonningtonJambo
3 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

5-1 Hearts is 100/1. I’ve has a wee nibble at this 🇱🇻HHGH

You’ve been done 175/1 in ladbrokes

45 minutes ago, BonningtonJambo said:

You’ve been done 175/1 in ladbrokes

Done it on William Hill online.  I’d be happy with 3 points regardless of the goals margin tbh. HHGH 

4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

So Naismith and Smith have passed fitness tests? 4231 with Naismith behind Uche and Smith back in at Right back. Whelan and Damour in the two. 

Doyle 

Smith 

Berra 

Halkett 

Hickey 

Damour 

Whelan 

Meshino 

Naismith 

Mulraney 

Uche 

That's a decent side, but I can't see Levein's starting line up without Clare.

12 hours ago, Jambotommy said:

I predict that we win 0-8...

15 minutes after the full time whistle, Budge sacks Levein for disrespecting H1b5... 

Everybody's happy 👍

:D Make it so.

ming the merciless
7 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Doyle

Brandon Halkett Berra Hickey

Whelan Damour

Meshino MacLean Mulraney

Uche

4 changes to that:

Man U goalie back, Smith for Brandon, Naismith and Morrison for MacLean and Mulraney. 

Diadora Van Basten
7 minutes ago, ming the merciless said:

4 changes to that:

Man U goalie back, Smith for Brandon, Naismith and Morrison for MacLean and Mulraney. 

I don’t see the point of bringing Morrison back into the team given the amount of time he has been out. Surely you bring him in gradually as a sub then if he does well and earns a start you do so then.

The others I agree with.

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

The link up play between Meshino and Uche is the key to success. 

The wee man looked feisty enough against Motherwell to put the Big man in his place. Hold up the ball and lay it off.

We're going to smash them, I can feel it in my Water.