• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Sagan

• Maroon Sailor

• Bridge of Djoum

Diadora Van Basten
42 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Let’s me honest none of us can make a prediction until the balls come out the team bingo machine! 

That’s one of the worst things about Hearts is that the team you expect to start can be five players different to the actual team. 

4 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

That’s one of the worst things about Hearts is that the team you expect to start can be five players different to the actual team. 

Except Sean Clare & Berra its a lottery! Ironically the two players who shouldn’t be guaranteed a start based on current form!

ming the merciless
6 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Check the Mon Craig thread. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Keenan will start tomorrow almost guaranteed.

Just in case we loose.

Injuries, you see.

1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

The link up play between Meshino and Uche is the key to success. 

The wee man looked feisty enough against Motherwell to put the Big man in his place. Hold up the ball and lay it off.

We're going to smash them, I can feel it in my Water.

Agree. May finally have found the man to play off Uche. His workrate is superb, he always wants the ball and is always on the move.  

Two players with styles completely opposite to each other but one understanding what the other needs.  

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Agree. May finally have found the man to play off Uche. His workrate is superb, he always wants the ball and is always on the move.  

Two players with styles completely opposite to each other but one understanding what the other needs.  

There was certainly a change in Uche's game v Motherwell, he also looked a lot fitter to me. He's definitely being coached to change his style and stayed on his feet a lot more. 

A little more intelligence in his play with a nippy wee ball player picking up the spaces he creates could be very good indeed, especially with Naismith on the pitch finding the gaps and playing that clever ball through. 

MaskedMarauder

While it’s nice to hear team selections in advance I think we should really be doing more to stop leaks coming out. This is the 3rd time this season already I’ve been told the team the day before a game. It also happened numerous times last year and also on the eve of the cup final. Hibs/Heckingbottom probably won’t be wise enough to do anything about it if they know, but other managers can easily use this info to their advantage. 

Please try keep it to yourselves 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Levein needs 3 points. A derby win will always buy time as long as he follows it up.

Wins this and wedensday, he'll have bought himself at least the first quarter of gamez and if we win them two, momentum and confidence should follow. 

Big if tho. 

41 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

What are you two on about?

Zlamal, then Pereira, he got injured, so Doyle.

Smith at RB, then he got injured.

Halkett/Souttar , Berra, then Souttar got injured

Hickey and White, then White got injured after Hickey got sent off

Haring has been out for a while, so we brought in Damour and Whelan, and Irving made a strong start, so Whelan and Irving.

We have pretty much decided on 4-2-3-1, and we used the LC group stage to try younger players.

Then settled on Naismith, Mulraney, Walker, Clare and looking at Morrison coming back from injury. But Naismith is still to recover from injury, Walker got injured, and we brought in Meshino. 

We brought in Washington to give us options. We have Uche, Washington with MacLean, with Keena. But Washington got injured.

What about White at left back and hickey at right back, Euan  Henderson? MacLean? Brandon? We played 4231 v Hamilton 442 v Motherwell so we’ve definitely not settled on any formation and throw in randoms every other game.

4 hours ago, Gambo said:

Even allowing for Levein, I can't see anything but a comfortable Hearts victory.

FTH

Comfortable victory !!

I applaud your positivity but no idea how you can feel this 

2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

You should be manager. Just name a season-long squad of 11. Shave their heads, tattoo numbers on their heads. 

So now you realise you’re wrong we do not stick to a formation and we change personnel every game, and that’s not this seasons problem it’s been going on for a year... even accounting for injuries we completely reshuffle every time what happened to the 2 players for every position?

Hickey to right back was the latest stroke of genius when we had two players on the bench who both play right back. Guess what happened... a right back came on as sub.

If you think there’s any sort of formation and/or selection consistency then you’ve not been watching.

An advantage we have, one of many, is that Hecky has to guess the line up and formation.  He won't have a clue about the line-up or formation whereas we will be pretty sure about theirs.

Prediction:

Heart and Head both say 3-2 to us. 

But, After listening to levein bang on about mistakes at the back... 

I'm slightly concerned that he's going to play with an 8 man defence. 

Pereria

Smith

Halkett

Berra

Hickey

Whelan

Damour

Morrison

Meshino

Naismith

Uche

That will be team tomorrow and is arguably our best starting line up in months. 3-1 Hearts. 

Four key elements for me :

Cut out the comic defending.

High tempo from the off.

Naismith plays.

Smith plays.

Get all four and we have a very good chance of victory.

We're due a good performance and I'm well confident we'll get it Tomorrow. I genuinely think we'll do them 3-0 at the very least. This will be the game that truly kicks off our season 👍

54 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Comfortable victory !!

I applaud your positivity but no idea how you can feel this 

I can't see us getting beat tomorrow. I think the players will see the fans are up for it tomorrow and respond. 

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I can't see us getting beat tomorrow. I think the players will see the fans are up for it tomorrow and respond. 

No danger are we getting beat tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Just in case we loose.

Injuries, you see.

Keenan and Kel up top. Decent shout.

3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Mulraney should be well ahead of Morrison. 

He should but Mulraney has been pish this season. Always has to skin the full back even if he’s got enough space to whip a cross in early, he’s infuriating.

Touch and cross, get it in early between the goalkeeper and defenders where it’s impossible to defend. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He should but Mulraney has been pish this season. Always has to skin the full back even if he’s got enough space to whip a cross in early, he’s infuriating.

Touch and cross, get it in early between the goalkeeper and defenders where it’s impossible to defend. 

Where as with Morrison it doesn’t matter if he puts it in early/late/deep/byeline it all ends up in the same place. The stand!

26 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Hope so mate 👍

14 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Pereira

Smith

Halkett

Berra

Hickey

Damour

Whelan

Naismith

Meshino

Mulraney

Uche

Good team to be fair I just hope he plays uche and not McLean 

8 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Where as with Morrison it doesn’t matter if he puts it in early/late/deep/byeline it all ends up in the same place. The stand!

They both need to work on that part of the game. Neither of them are particularly good. 

43 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

key elements for me :

Cut out the comedy of berras.

High tempo from the off.

Naismith plays.

Smith plays.

Meshino plays.

Claire doesn't play.

Gary Locke does the team talk. 

Get that done and we have a chance of victory.

Sorted it for you. 

24 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Pereira

Smith

Halkett

Berra

Hickey

Damour

Whelan

Naismith

Meshino

Mulraney

Uche

Hopefully probable team but would like to see a place for young Irving, this lad has composure and not scared to make passes, good quality for a frantic derby

There is 2 things that are consistent with our bad results

Sean Clare and Christophe Berra

I understand that we've not got many options since our training methods are so ****ed that our players are falling like flies. 

5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hopefully probable team but would like to see a place for young Irving, this lad has composure and not scared to make passes, good quality for a frantic derby

I was pretty much same team as SN posted but Irving for Mulraney. 

Mulraney isn’t doing enough. Time for the bench and come on as sub with his pace if required. 

Mentality is what it’s about tomorrow and I think that’s the strongest we’ve got in that respect. I also think those ten outfield players won’t hide and will always show for the ball or put themselves into the mix when we don’t have the ball. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

An advantage we have, one of many, is that Hecky has to guess the line up and formation.  He won't have a clue about the line-up or formation whereas we will be pretty sure about theirs.

That’s not been much of a disadvantage to the 5 managers we’ve played against so far!

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Why are so many people saying Morrison to start?

Hopefully nowhere near the starting 11.  Same for Clare.  

What’s the weather forecast?  

Last thing you want is low cloud over the Bridge of Doom incase the vermin use it for an ambush tactic.  Be careful out there fellow JTs.  

ming the merciless
2 hours ago, MaskedMarauder said:

While it’s nice to hear team selections in advance I think we should really be doing more to stop leaks coming out. This is the 3rd time this season already I’ve been told the team the day before a game. It also happened numerous times last year and also on the eve of the cup final. Hibs/Heckingbottom probably won’t be wise enough to do anything about it if they know, but other managers can easily use this info to their advantage. 

Please try keep it to yourselves 

You make a fair point. Apols for contributing. Usual “showing off after 2 beers” from me!

12 hours ago, Marvin said:

Sadly this game has 0-0 all over it.

between them hearts and hibs have conceded 24 goals in 10 games... 0-0 tomorrow would be a miraculous result for both teams lol

My wife completes the half marathon tomorrow.  Scotland beat Ireland.  Hearts beat Hibs.  Contentment.

The only one I am sure of is that my Mrs will complete the course.

1 hour ago, HillmanHearts said:

Four key elements for me :

Cut out the comic defending.

High tempo from the off.

Naismith plays.

Smith plays.

Get all four and we have a very good chance of victory.

Playing unfit players isn’t going to work out well.

So we potentially have a starting team 4 players stronger this week

Joel (although fury is out but he’s better than Doyle I think)

Smith

Naismith

Ryo (he has to start surely?)

Should make a difference 

4 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Just in case we loose.

Injuries, you see.

Definitely won’t. 

29 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Irving playing for me the lad has composure and is always looking forward.

Would probably prefer Damour for this one. It will probably be a bit of a battle tomorrow.