Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

2 hours ago, Whatever said:

My conclusion in terms of why offence has been taken by so many is  quite simply that there is currently a desire/need to find fault with everything I say or do.

:cornette_dog:

That bit stood out for me too. She’s well off the mark with those comments. The vast majority of us are hugely supportive and thankful for what she has done. But the issue over Levein has caused a rift. That’s one issue though, and doesn’t mean we are looking to pick fault with everything she says or does. Far from it.

Smacks of paranoia, and as has been commented on a few posts ago, makes me wonder if the pressure is getting to her.

Ann’s decision to stick by Levein could be viewed as crazy, stupid, or even brave. Let’s hope Sunday goes well, as getting horsed in a Derby will be the final straw for most, and Ann will be blamed for not acting sooner.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

3 hours ago, leginten said:

Just to clarify: she didn’t call me a *****

Bet she was tempted though 😉

To be fair whether you agree or not it does clarify its a case of not wanting to engage or give time to the bellends and it also clearly says that people are free to disagree and she will respect that. Still not what people want to hear and in terms of the alleged paranoia again its fair to say there is a desire from many to question everything and find fault. With performances on the field thats understandable. I thought it was a reasonable response but until people get what they want and Levein gone even winning every game til June won’t see that feeling leave many fans.

11 hours ago, jambogaza said:

So we need another statement, to clarify the statement?

How about winning football matches?

She pretty much ruled that out by backing the current regime

Toxteth O'Grady
8 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

to be fair to queen Ann she has pretty much united the fans

:clap:

Aye - will we all sing Burn the witch, Burn the witch, burn the witch, to the tune of Here we Go? 

Only kidding btw. Just in case she thinks I’m not a genuine fan 

Captain Canada

I wanted some kind of statement this week, but I think some of the wording was ill-advised and has had the opposite impact of what was trying to be achieved. 

It's good she's given some clarification but it might have been best to give a bit more thought to the original statement before releasing it. 

Sorry Ann, just read your latest statement. No more......please...!!

I'm happy to pay my pledge money in advance to  bring fan ownership closer and sooner. Our future's bright.

2 hours ago, amadjambo said:

That bit stood out for me too. She’s well off the mark with those comments. The vast majority of us are hugely supportive and thankful for what she has done. But the issue over Levein has caused a rift. That’s one issue though, and doesn’t mean we are looking to pick fault with everything she says or does. Far from it.

Smacks of paranoia, and as has been commented on a few posts ago, makes me wonder if the pressure is getting to her.

Ann’s decision to stick by Levein could be viewed as crazy, stupid, or even brave. Let’s hope Sunday goes well, as getting horsed in a Derby will be the final straw for most, and Ann will be blamed for not acting sooner.

Pretty much this. She goes with Levein it seems. Great while it lasted, time to move on.

3 hours ago, farin said:

No paranoia there, absolutely none. :vrface:

The truth seems to hurt for some

Everything she said in that latest statement is true

Well said  Ann...too many 'precious' poor souls who lash out over anything and everything 

4 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Whilst I don’t condone any mistreatment of anyone, especially not AB, surely she needs to rise above such things in her position and certainly not let it affect her when communicating with the broader support. There are rockets rockets in every walk of life, even our support, I’m surprised she lets them get to her like that. 

Shows a lack of experience at chairperson level.

There's nothing I can really add to this that hasn't already been said. 

Ann Budge has done an amazing job for us. Saved us in the beginning, got us on a sound financial footing and delivered an amazing new stand which we could have only dreamed of a few years ago. We stormed the Championship leaving Hibs and Rangers in our wake. 

The major problem is her loyalty to Craig Levein. He should have done the decent thing and walked by now, thus not putting her in such a difficult position. The fact he hasn't speaks volumes that he hasn't the same loyalty to her that she has for him. Two wins in the next two games could improve things but who really believes we are capable of that under him? The football department needs an overhaul and he needs to go ASAP. 

Edited by Silvery_Moon

7 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Maybe someone needs to read over her club statements in future prior to her punching the send button in that case because her wording gave an altogether different position.

I trust she’s learned to not alienate fans in future and will think about how she addresses genuine fans.

She did address the genuine fans ....

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Davie Weir issues defiant Ann Budge Hearts defence as owner comes under fire

Gavin Berry
7-9 minutes

We will use your email address only for the purpose of sending you newsletters. Please see ourPrivacy Noticefor details of your data protection rights

Could not subscribe, try again laterInvalid Email

Davie Weir insists Hearts fans can protest as loudly as they want against Craig Levein.

But he insists it will fall on deaf ears if the club’s most powerful supporter Ann Budge continues to back him.

Budge might be the Jambos owner charged with making key decisions but she is a dyed-in-the-wool supporter first and foremost.

And the same can be said of her fellow board members who are hurting as much as those who laid siege to Tynecastle after last week’s defeat to Motherwell.

That 3-2 loss saw Hearts slump to rock bottom in the Scottish Premiership and they have won just one league game in 12 in a wretched run stretching back to last season.

The heat is now on Levein ahead of Sunday’s trip across Edinburgh where they face bitter rivals Hibs who only have one victory in their last 11 in the league.

But Weir - a 1998 Scottish Cup winner with Hearts - believes former Scotland boss Levein should be judged after 20 games with the chance to book a Betfred Cup semi-final place just days after the derby when they host Aberdeen.

He concedes it is a unique situation with Levein having moved into the dug-out from his director of football role and the ex-stopper can’t see him returning to that position if the axe does fall.

Budge was willing to pull the trigger to end the disastrous Ian Cathro spell and fed-up fans have accused of her of blind loyalty where Levein is concerned after releasing a statement insisting there will be no knee-jerk reaction to the current run.

Weir praised her for being strong amid supporter unrest and said: “Obviously the fans can protest and show what they think but ultimately it’s the board or the owner that will make the decision.

1_19281896.jpg

(Image: SNS Group)

“You live by the nature of your relationship with the owner. If the owner trusts you and wants you to remain the manager then that’s the key relationship.

“She obviously holds him in high regard and is going to support him in what is a difficult time because she values him and that’s the most important thing.

“Obviously the fans are the lifeblood of the club and they are very vocal and passionate at Hearts so Ann Budge will be in no doubt what they think.

“She’s from a family of Hearts fans and the board are Hearts fans. There’s emotion involved in it but they are making a business decision, there’s no doubt about that.

“I thought her statement was great. Look at what Ann has done for the club. For her to say they weren’t going to react like other football clubs usually do, starting just to change manager every time there’s a problem, was great.

0_19281892.jpg

(Image: SNS Group)

“She’s made it clear they have a longer term plan and they’re going to see it through. Time will tell if that’s the case. We’ve heard all these things before.

“But the way she works is very different. And it was good to hear. If you bring a manager in, you have to support him and back him, give him time to carry out the plan.

“She’s not the typical owner. it’s refreshing. At Hearts, it’s quite complicated because of the fans contributing. If the fans are protesting, then they start withdrawing their money, that obviously changes things for the ownership.

“That’s what makes it more interesting, the fact that she’s aware of it, that she wants the fans to have an involvement and input in how the club’s run.

“But, on this occasion, she’s putting her head above the parapet. And that takes guts. There are a lot of fans contributing a lot of money to the club every month through the foundation.

0_JS192675433.jpg

(Image: SNS)

“If a thousand of them are protesting outside, there are going to be ramifications from that. But she obviously believes in Craig and what he’s doing.

“Of course, it can’t go on like this forever with fans protesting and nobody wants that - the fans don’t want to be doing that and Craig certainly doesn’t want it.

“But you’d imagine Hearts form will turn round because they’ve got better players than what they’ve shown so far after five league games.

“It’s a real small sample size in terms of where they are. The points total isn’t good enough but judge him after 10 or 20 games - which seems a long way away - which is a fairer time to judge him.

“They’ve got the derby on Sunday and then Aberdeen in the cup and if they win those two games then it’s forgotten because all of a sudden they’re back in a relatively healthy position in the league and 90 minutes from a cup final.

“The dynamic suddenly changes and that’s how football works. It’s wrong it can change so quickly and you can go from being close to the sack to close to winning a trophy.

“The best clubs have had stability and success built on that. Within that stability there will always be bad times and struggles but that’s when you need your owner and the backing.

“That’s when the relationship becomes really important and there’s obviously a really strong relationship at Hearts but Craig will know the reality of being a manager.

“You can never say never but I couldn’t see him going back to the director of football role. It’s a complicated situation and very unusual in terms of the sporting director becoming the manager.”

Levein had Hearts flying high in the league last season before horrendous luck with injuries to key players took its toll. But despite dropping like a stone in the table, they still reached the Scottish Cup final where they lost to Celtic.

0_Scottish-Cup-Final-Heart-of-Midlothian

(Image: Action Images via Reuters)

The Tynecastle treatment room has been a busy place again but Weir believes having the experienced Steven Naismith available again for the trip to Easter Road could be crucial.

Weir played alongside the 33-year-old at Rangers, and he had to withdraw from Scotland duty with a hamstring problem, but could be back in action for the Hibs showdown.

And Weir said: “Steven will relish Sunday. He is perfect for it. The players, the fans, the management will all get a big boost from him being available.

“Steven is a big-game player. He enjoys them and will rise to the challenge. He might not be the best player in the game but you know you will get something from him.

“You always know that Steven will do something in the game for you. When we were going into an Old Firm game, if Steven was in the team we were happy.

0_JS189834671.jpg

(Image: SNS)

“It will be the same with a Hearts-Hibs game. The players will look around the dressing-room and think about who will help get something from the game.

“They will see Steven and it will give them a lift. It is mentality, he has got a hunger, a desire to win, he doesn’t like losing, it is something that he and the better players in these games have always had.

“When your better players - like Steven Naismith, John Souttar and now Conor Washington - are out right down the spine of your team then you’re going to find it difficult.

“But being a manager is about finding a way to get results and Hearts can’t plead poverty because they’ve got a big squad and good players, but they’re certainly missing some of the best ones.”

Davie Weir were speaking at the William Hill Ayr Gold Cup draw. The Gold Cup takes place on Saturday 21st September at 3:50pm.

Irrelevant bluenose

pettigrewsstylist
On 18/09/2019 at 18:25, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I said on here when Levein was appointed he would be a hugely divisive character and look at us now!!!

Fans at each other’s throats, everybody totally losing faith in Ann Budge after all the great work she has done, talk of boycotts and stopping FoH money - and all because of one arrogant man!!!

Sad days!

The internal suply of "indocrinated" coaches conveyor belt failure is enough in it itself. 

Is that plan now abandoned? Shelved indefinitley? Still on?

Has it been discussed or explained since Robbies runner??

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, Whatever said:

My conclusion in terms of why offence has been taken by so many is  quite simply that there is currently a desire/need to find fault with everything I say or do.

:cornette_dog:

For a club with our record over last 12 mths on the pitch, and with our current table position, that comment, from our chair, is an absolute nonsense. I am now not sure of my desire for Ann to stay on post share transfer 2020. Speechless.

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

As if the use of the word "genuine" was the only problem of that poor statement.

It’s all about opinions Gambo. None of us can be seen to be the oracle and that includes you and Mrs Budge. 

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Irrelevant bluenose

Indeed.  Hun prick spouting shite after the drinks trolley has done too many wheelies in hospitality.

4 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

There are genuine fans of the club that can be anti-social, near sociopaths with a completely voluntary absence of any moral compass. it's how to accommodate them rather than beat them with a stick

Sorry but if they are anti-social, racist, bigoted etc then I’m not sure why we have to, or would even want to, accommodate them. 

20 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Irrelevant bluenose

Excuse me .... he was a key contributor to the greatest day in my life ..... Cup Final 1998 - perhaps you missed that ....

1 hour ago, ford donald said:

Shows a lack of experience at chairperson level.

Yes, she has only been running businesses for 25+ years!! I think it was a blowout from her because of lots of personal, vile, ungrateful abuse. 

22 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Irrelevant bluenose

Scottish cup winner with Hearts. Part of the best footballing day of my life. Comments like yours are one of our problems. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Excuse me .... he was a key contributor to the greatest day in my life ..... Cup Final 1998 - perhaps you missed that ....

Young boys on here tonight maybe? 

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, she has only been running businesses for 25+ years!! I think it was a blowout from her because of lots of personal, vile, ungrateful abuse. 

As far as I am aware she only ran one business,which was relatively small.Correct me if I am misinformed.

33 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

The internal suply of "indocrinated" coaches conveyor belt failure is enough in it itself. 

I don't know. Ann kept referring to “the plan” but nobody seems to know what the plan is.

19 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Well said. 

21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Scottish cup winner with Hearts. Part of the best footballing day of my life. 

Absolutely spot on with that bit - but Weir did turn into a right pain in the arse when he returned to Tynecastle with Rangers TBH.

44 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Irrelevant bluenose

Hard to disagree.

Showed his true colours many a time v us whilst wearing a deadco shirt, well after 98.

Look at Paul Hartley’s behaviour when he returned in another shirt.

**** David Weir.

28 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

So was Billy Brown but he appears to be fair game on here.

Guest ToqueJambo
11 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Explain how a bigot takes it further. What do they do that doesn’t make them a genuine fan. Sing a few bars of a song that while it should be consigned to history and our chairperson doesn’t like, does that make them a non genuine fan. No it doesn’t. 

Unfortunately these songs have been sung at Tynecastle for as long as I’ve been going. Some worse than the current offering. However until Scottish Society and Social Politics change songs on both sides of the fence will be sung. The only way to stop it is to ban every person from singing it. The last Celtic game I was at would have meant a few thousand bans. It still doesn’t make these people not genuine fans

Your other point is just total shite. You’ve highlighted Andy Robertson. He was told on social media to paraphrase “learn how to tackle”. How many of the people who trolled him online are genuine Liverpool fans????? As far as I know Mrs B doesn’t have much of a social media presence neither does CL, so who are these social media arseholes you describe. The ones on Twitter, Facebook, JKB and other social media forums complaining about the management of the club being weak and the mis-management of the footballing side of the club. I’ve never wanted CL in charge as I feel he should have gone when Cathro went. His plan, in business if a managing director makes a bad call about employing someone way beyond their capabilities then they should also pay. So because I’ve wanted him out for a while, does that make me a Social Media arsehole. The recent polls online show little support for CL, so If that’s the case, over 90% of JKB must be arseholes because they want CL removed from the managers chair. They want him gone because we have had the best part of a year where outlets results have been crap and the style of play is terrible. That’s not being a social media arsehole, that’s fans got to the point where they’ve had enough. A lot of these fans were prepared to give him time but even they have got to a point

now where he can’t continue. 

Sorry Toque but your points are selective and moot. 

The argument over CL is done. All AB has done worh this statement is back a 3 legged horse. The issue is now how much of her reputation is being tarnished as a result of it.

Well, exactly.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
29 minutes ago, Whatever said:

So was Billy Brown but he appears to be fair game on here.

That's the passion we need back in the dugout.

"Uv been places and done hings."

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Indeed

59 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I don't know. Ann kept referring to “the plan” but nobody seems to know what the plan is.

The plan seems to be to stick with Levein. Wipe every season clean, ignore the 6th place finishes behind Killie and Hibs and, to paraphrase Levein "we go again". According to him " had we not conceded 5 goals, we would have been sitting 3rd". What an absolute, arrogant clown.

3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

The truth seems to hurt for some

Everything she said in that latest statement is true

Well said  Ann...too many 'precious' poor souls who lash out over anything and everything 

She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. 

1 hour ago, ford donald said:

As far as I am aware she only ran one business,which was relatively small.Correct me if I am misinformed.

Just out of interest, how many £30m businesses have you created and sold so far? I suspect I know the answer. 

8 hours ago, Paris 84 said:

Just out of interest, how many £30m businesses have you created and sold so far? I suspect I know the answer. 

Her second statement proves my reasoning.

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Nope, i was there

9 hours ago, ford donald said:

That small that it was sold for over £40m. 

What I get from both the statements is she is doing the best she can for this club, you can  agree with her or not but it's hard to argue her actions are not  coming from the right place with the best intentions it's clear  that she wants Hearts to succeed whether you agree with her choice of manager or not. So do you want a CEO that has the courage of their convictions or one that will roll over if you abuse them enough ? Levien doesn't have long left but  I feel the vitriol and abuse will not make the exit  any quicker 

Edited by JamboNation

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That small that it was sold for over £40m. 

Great deal for her and the company,lots. Of small companies are bought out by large companies,fact.