Hearts eye Stephen Robinson to replace Levein

afanderson33

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Bottom of the ****in league. Lucky to have accumulated 2 points.

I couldn’t give a shiny shite about Robinson at Oldham, Levein at Leicester or Cathro at Hearts.

His race is run. Finished. He should be gone. I stated 8 hours ago that Robinson done nothing for me. That doesn’t mean Levein should spend another day in position.

So you're willing to sack a manager with a proven track record based on 5 league games. 

That's your prerogative.

You don\t mind if I don't join you in what I see as a knee jerk reaction (there you go, I've even set you up for a witty response).

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Boab

• Bull's-eye

• Sagan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Side issue but I really hate how tabloid papers speculate on a manager's replacements before the manager has even left. Happens down south all the time and just seems really disrespectful.

Totally agree.

Just now, Noah Claypole said:

The only name on your illustrious list that wasn't turned on is Burley. 

So, I'll stick with my original point, the cycle will remain.

Your post was about how long they got before they were turned on while initial poor results were being blamed on previous manager.

are you changing it to something else?

7 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

So you're willing to sack a manager with a proven track record based on 5 league games. 

That's your prerogative.

You don\t mind if I don't join you in what I see as a knee jerk reaction (there you go, I've even set you up for a witty response).

You can't be talking about Levein....

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

That's your prerogative.

I don’t think anyone is wanting levein sacked due to just the first 5 league games this season. We have been on a downward spiral since October last year and it’s culminated in us being bottom of the league after 5 games. 

Week after week he says he will fix it and get us moving up the table but he has failed to do this for 11 months and we are currently on the worst run in the history of our club. 

What makes you think he can turn this round as all available evidence say the exact opposite. 

🥴

Just got an e-mail from Hearts punting a hospitality with Tam Cowan.

£25+ VAT to get the pish ripped out of you by a Motherwell fan.

Masochists get your tickets now !

17 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Are you saying then that you want the next Hearts manager to be installed based on his record in 5 league games?

Did you read my post? SR has a substantially better record in the past year (give or take) than CL. It’s not rocket science. 

JJ and BB didn’t exactly have wonderful records before coming to Hearts and we all know what happened then. 

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Despite horrendous injuries he finished top 6 last year and took us to a semi and a SC Cup final which we were unlucky not to win.

:lol:

31 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Is he?

Where did Motherwell finish last season?

Who are Motherwell playing in the League Cup?

They're above us in the league and they just beat us at home. 

I can do this too. See how easy it is?

Are you saying that CL is doing a better job at Hearts than SR is at Motherwell or are you just playing devil's advocate?

16 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

That's your prerogative.

We’re on a run of results that equals anything as bad in 145 years. No wins in half a calendar year. We haven’t won a game since March. We’ve won about 4 league games in 12 months.

Now, had this seasons results (5 of them as you state) been in isolation and not a continuation of what was served last season, I’d be willing to give him longer.

It isn’t. Do you see?

3 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I don’t think anyone is wanting levein sacked due to just the first 5 league games this season. We have been on a downward spiral since October last year and it’s culminated in us being bottom of the league after 5 games. 

Week after week he says he will fix it and get us moving up the table but he has failed to do this for 11 months and we are currently on the worst run in the history of our club. 

What makes you think he can turn this round as all available evidence say the exact opposite. 

Thank you for asking. I'm disregarding last seasons final games. I've said before that due to injuries and trying to save players for the Cup Final I feel they are irrelevant. 

I was pleased with our efforts in the Cup final and though we were unlucky to lose it. 

This season has been patchy. I thought we were the better team away to Aberdeen and but for a stupid sending off we would have taken 3 points. I think some of our play this season has been quite exciting but individual errors and lack of form for key players like Berra have cost us dearly.

We are still in the League Cup.

Injuries continue to plague us, Levein seems to never have had a chance to play the same starting x1 two weeks in a row.  However I think when fit we have a good squad of players with a manager with a proven track record.

I'm not ready for throwing In the towel. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Thank you for asking. I'm disregarding last seasons final games. I've said before that due to injuries and trying to save players for the Cup Final I feel they are irrelevant. 

I was pleased with our efforts in the Cup final and though we were unlucky to lose it. 

This season has been patchy. I thought we were the better team away to Aberdeen and but for a stupid sending off we would have taken 3 points. I think some of our play this season has been quite exciting but individual errors and lack of form for key players like Berra have cost us dearly.

We are still in the League Cup.

Injuries continue to plague us, Levein seems to never have had a chance to play the same starting x1 two weeks in a row.  However I think when fit we have a good squad of players with a manager with a proven track record.

I'm not ready for throwing In the towel. 

A manager with a proven track record of having won absolutely nothing 

8 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Did you read my post? SR has a substantially better record in the past year (give or take) than CL. It’s not rocket science. 

JJ and BB didn’t exactly have wonderful records before coming to Hearts and we all know what happened then. 

And I'll say again ....... 

Where did Motherwell finish last year?

6 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Are you saying that CL is doing a better job at Hearts than SR is at Motherwell or are you just playing devil's advocate?

CL isn't doing better for Hearts than SR is currently doing for Motherwell, that said we are two very different clubs and managing at Motherwell where the only hint of expectation is that you beat and finish above Hamilton is in no way shape or form preparation for the Hearts job where the support (rightly or wrongly) expect you to beat 10 out of the 12 teams in the league and have a right good go at the two we can't get close to financially. 

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

??

"plummeting to new depths",  is what I taken you meant?

"plumbing new depths"?...…………..

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

🤦🏼‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

CL isn't doing better for Hearts than SR is currently doing for Motherwell, that said we are two very different clubs and managing at Motherwell where the only hint of expectation is that you beat and finish above Hamilton is in no way shape or form preparation for the Hearts job where the support (rightly or wrongly) expect you to beat 10 out of the 12 teams in the league and have a right good go at the two we can't get close to financially. 

Agree with all of that.

I just don't think the guy would do any worse than CL. Not exactly a glowing endorsement but it's all i have for SR.

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Have you seriously never heard the phrase plumbing new depths... Really?

34 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I'm saying that I judge a manager over a season - not 5 games.

SuperstarSteve

Very good points back and forth on this thread. 

Shame our fanbase is so split and unless a highly successful manager arrives shortly I can’t see that changing anytime soon. 

I’ve no idea who is the answer, my pick would be Michael O’Neill although it’s never gonna happen. 

Robinson and McCann would be hounded out this job and we would be back to square one. 

The never ending cycle of replacing managers and rebuilding the squad.

It’s hard to see any manager being here longer than 2/3 years unless they are meeting fans expectations. 

When a 60% win ratio manager and a manger who has us possibly heading to Hampden for a 3rd time in less than a year couldn’t keep the fans off their back. I genuinely don’t see who will. 

Ive always stuck by levein but personally can’t see how he turns things around at this point purely based off the pressure from fans.

I also always assumed he would see out this season.

I think a commented as much last week, without sounding ITK because I’m not.

We all hear things from people, some you believe and some you don’t. 

I’ve been told that isn’t the case and he will be replaced. Wether that’s as just manager or aswell as DOF or who’s coming in, I’ve no idea. Budge recent comments and statements say otherwise but time will tell, I believe as with neilson, the fans are getting what they want. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Every day is a school day!

Sorry if I was a bit grumpy...Ann's statement has me in a very bad mood.

25 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I'm saying that I judge a manager over a season - not 5 games.

After the 5-0 defeat at Livingston, the defeat at St Mirren and defeat at home to Dundee he should have gone. Add to that the poor goal scoring record and rank rotten football Levein should be emptied. I could also mention the poor transfer business wasting money that could have been spent on better options. The list is endless the man is a loser and is now dragging the club in the direction of the Championship. 

Edited by Class of 75

5 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

After the 5-0 defeat at Livingston, the defeat at St Mirren and defeat at home to Dundee he should have gone. Add to that the poor goal scoring record and rank rotten football Levein should be emptied. I could also mention the poor transfer business wasting money that could have been spent on better options. The list is endless the man is a loser and is now dragging the club in the direction of the Championship. 

Hearts Scotland 2017 present 99 41 24 34 41.41

18 minutes ago, jb102 said:

Unusual, but it seems that in light of a recent statement directly from Ann Budge that this is absolute pish.

Suggests Robinson is interested in the job and his agent could be the source of The Sun story. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

:rofl: 

What an utter simpleton. 

43 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Hearts Scotland 2017 present 99 41 24 34 41.41

Mate you can throw all the stats you want the team under him is rank rotten. 4 league wins in 2019 is not a platform for success and would see any other manager emptied a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

An excellent statement from Ann Budge. 

Time for all supporters to get behind the team

Your timing today was/is impeccable, sir !

34 minutes ago, Sagan said:

That's Motherwell lost at home again, 

Anyone still wanting Robinson as manager?

Yes, absolutely. The issue is what he could do with greater resources and better players. Don't forget they are still 8 points above us and horsed us lsst week. Alessio at Killie was also getting stick on here from the Levein fan boys before getting over what he, Levein, would describe as a "mini hurdle" and now sits 5 above us after 5. So in short YES, absolutely. If CL loses tomorrow he is finished. No way he will have the cojones to front up at Tynecastle on Wed if that happens. 

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, absolutely. The issue is what he could do with greater resources and better players. Don't forget they are still 8 points above us and horsed us lsst week. Alessio at Killie was also getting stick on here from the Levein fan boys before getting over what he, Levein, would describe as a "mini hurdle" and now sits 5 above us after 5. So in short YES, absolutely. If CL loses tomorrow he is finished. No way he will have the cojones to front up at Tynecastle on Wed if that happens. 

Similar if not better resources than Ross County i would imagine. 

I'm not sure he's the answer.

Though if that's the sort of level we're looking at, i would be weighing up Gary Holt as a possibility as well. 

They lost today at home to Aberdeen but he's still got Livi banging above their weight and he seemed pretty angry after defeat, not something you see with levein very often. 

5 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Similar if not better resources than Ross County i would imagine. 

I'm not sure he's the answer.

Though if that's the sort of level we're looking at, i would be weighing up Gary Holt as a possibility as well. 

They lost today at home to Aberdeen but he's still got Livi banging above their weight and he seemed pretty angry after defeat, not something you see with levein very often. 

Yes, fair enough Sagan . Holt may be a good option too. I would prefer either to Neil Mccann tbh. Not sure what market we will be looking in though.  I think Moyes or Warnock would be outwith our budget. 

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Nah, if we replace CL it needs to be someone bigger and better than Robinson. 

Even we've managed to beat them at home during our worst run ever. 

He should be ruled out on that alone. 😂

I am for replacing CL but not just for the flavour of the month. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, fair enough Sagan . Holt may be a good option too. I would prefer either to Neil Mccann tbh. Not sure what market we will be looking in though.  I think Moyes or Warnock would be outwith our budget. 

Yeah, At least those 2 have shown something, McCann was a bit of a failure. 

Moyes and Warnock are above our pay packet, agreed. 

1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Next manager to win 2 games on the trot is next in the frame Sags and Terry Mac, Paulo and Lockey of course.