Jump to content
MattyK82

Levein ‘not burying his head in the sand’

Recommended Posts

GinRummy
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Given results yes. 

 

Aberdeen lost to St mirren and drew with saints. 

Hibs beat St mirren. 

 

With the players we have we'll be ok, but we need to do better than that. 

 

I have absolutely zero worries about relegation or being in the bottom 6.

 

Book Mark that. 

 

If we put in Smith, Damour, Meshino and Naismith In our team for Sunday, I think we'll win. 

 

Washington, Walker and Souttar to come back. 

 

No worries about bottom six or relegation 👍

 

We need to be in about third tho, I wouldn't bet on  that right now. 

 

 

No disrespect intended but I think you’ve lost you’re grip. Our form over a sustained period of time is quite simply horrendous. There is also some sort of mismanagement or poor treatment/fitness throughout the squad which leads to a steady one or two injuries a game. Anybody who thinks all these injuries are bad luck is barking mad. Anybody who doesn’t expect the pattern with injuries to continue is the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jock _turd
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:



Our side when fully fit has decent players to choose from. 

 

Can you please explain that statement? I know we made a good start last year but what makes you think that things can get back to that situation? Is it purely based on ... well that is what happened last time we had a fully fit best pick team? If so for get it, he has shown he cannot get the new players he found to go out and put on a good show.

There are too many who would cling to the hope that when we get for example Naismith back he is going to walk on water and our troubles be over.. what is the rational for that?? Simply it happened before? If it was just about having good players according to your rational we would be doing fine now because we have fit players who you say CL brought in because they are good... nothing much happening there is there? Oh wait they are all injured ... so CL is not the problem after all... great all we need is for him to get more of these great players in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
5 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

 

Can you please explain that statement? I know we made a good start last year but what makes you think that things can get back to that situation? Is it purely based on ... well that is what happened last time we had a fully fit best pick team? If so for get it, he has shown he cannot get the new players he found to go out and put on a good show.

There are too many who would cling to the hope that when we get for example Naismith back he is going to walk on water and our troubles be over.. what is the rational for that?? Simply it happened before? If it was just about having good players according to your rational we would be doing fine now because we have fit players who you say CL brought in because they are good... nothing much happening there is there? Oh wait they are all injured ... so CL is not the problem after all... great all we need is for him to get more of these great players in!

 

Pretty simple. 

Nah, I think 

Naismith, Smith, Washington, Walker, Damour, Whelan, Souttar and Meshino are/ will be decent at our level 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

 

No disrespect intended but I think you’ve lost you’re grip. Our form over a sustained period of time is quite simply horrendous. There is also some sort of mismanagement or poor treatment/fitness throughout the squad which leads to a steady one or two injuries a game. Anybody who thinks all these injuries are bad luck is barking mad. Anybody who doesn’t expect the pattern with injuries to continue is the same.

 

 

I was talking about going forward  with said players under CL or under a new man. 

 

I have zero worries about relegation. 

I am confident of a top 6.

Not so confident of top 4 atm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Something had to be.

 

Snide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

 

You ready to apologise yet?

 

 

For whit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glynnlondon
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

I was talking about going forward  with said players under CL or under a new man. 

 

I have zero worries about relegation. 

I am confident of a top 6.

Not so confident of top 4 atm. 

With our injury record I'm not so sure.

Something not right there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jock _turd
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Pretty simple. 

Nah, I think 

Naismith, Smith, Washington, Walker, Damour, Whelan, Souttar and Meshino are/ will be decent at our level 

 

But without them we are shite and should not bother turning up? CL appears to be totally unable to get what players he has playing decent football... who's fault is that? He brought in the players and yet ha has no plan whatsoever for for injuries occurring? You must be the happiest clapper out the bud!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brauhauser2012
45 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

 

No disrespect intended but I think you’ve lost you’re grip. Our form over a sustained period of time is quite simply horrendous. There is also some sort of mismanagement or poor treatment/fitness throughout the squad which leads to a steady one or two injuries a game. Anybody who thinks all these injuries are bad luck is barking mad. Anybody who doesn’t expect the pattern with injuries to continue is the same.

Agreed. Its a repeating pattern. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Pretty simple. 

Nah, I think 

Naismith, Smith, Washington, Walker, Damour, Whelan, Souttar and Meshino are/ will be decent at our level 


Yeah no doubt, but there’s no excuse for being the worst team in the league over the past year other than poor management.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Der Kaiser
4 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A PHM and legend.

:rofl:

 

20190917_192117.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lovecraft
49 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Pretty simple. 

Nah, I think 

Naismith, Smith, Washington, Walker, Damour, Whelan, Souttar and Meshino are/ will be decent at our level 

 And Halkett.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
13 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

 And Halkett.

 

 

 

 

Defo, I was concentrating on our newish players who were a off match fit or injured currently. 

 

Subtlety. 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
51 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

 

But without them we are shite and should not bother turning up? CL appears to be totally unable to get what players he has playing decent football... who's fault is that? He brought in the players and yet ha has no plan whatsoever for for injuries occurring? You must be the happiest clapper out the bud!!

 

 

Mate, your off on one. 

 

I have not backed CL at all. 

I just think we'll get better under him or someone else, somebody asked why. 

 

I answered. 

 

I think we need a change, but no matter what I think we'll get better. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lovecraft
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Defo, I was concentrating on our newish players who were a off match fit or injured currently. 

 

Subtlety. 😭

I thought it was just a list of our above average SPL players.

 

😉

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mitch41

If Levein is right he must be burying Hearts Premiership place in the sand. His record in the league is the worst I can remember. Why would Levein stay in a job he is useless at ?

Power, money or ego it's certainly not for the good of Hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
6 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

He says his head isnt in the sand and that fans are over reacting after 5 games. It's not 5 games though. This is the third season he's been in charge and apart from the winning spell at the start of last season, weve been garbage to watch, with abysmal results. 

 

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it already but based on a league table from last october, we would be bottom! He doesn't seem to get that though. He's had plenty of chances to put things right and failed every time. 

Screenshot_20190917-135432_Facebook.jpg

 

Just the 52 points behind Celtic then despite being 7 points clear of them at one stage iirc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

I wonder how many people on here would pack their job in, if someone who had never done that job, suggested that they were shit at it.

 

I know I wouldn't. 

 

So regardless of whether he is or not.

 

Why would he? Not certain that is arrogant,  but wanting to do better. 

 

If he doesn't then I'm sure someone else who doesn't know much about his job will relieve him of it. 

 

Are there any other professions outside of sport that operate this way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimosavi
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I wonder how many people on here would pack their job in, if someone who had never done that job, suggested that they were shit at it.

 

I know I wouldn't. 

 

So regardless of whether he is or not.

 

Why would he? Not certain that is arrogant,  but wanting to do better. 

 

If he doesn't then I'm sure someone else who doesn't know much about his job will relieve him of it. 

 

Are there any other professions outside of sport that operate this way?

Aye but if you were manager of the club you loved apparently and you looked at the form over the last 6 months would you still kid yourself on?????? 

 

Totally different to a normal job where most of us don't give a toss about the firm we work for 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambogaza
14 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

 

ITK?

 

Sadly not. He's here for Sunday's game that's for sure. Budge has gone all in. It's do or die now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
4 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Aye but if you were manager of the club you loved apparently and you looked at the form over the last 6 months would you still kid yourself on?????? 

 

Totally different to a normal job where most of us don't give a toss about the firm we work for 

I think you answered that yourself .

 

Surely harder to walk away from something you love. 

 

No?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

What makes me really sad , and mad, is that after everything us supporters have put into this club in the past 5-6 years both emotionally and financially we get to the stage now were we get this ! A terrible manager taking us down faster than any other in our history and an owner who’s legacy should be set in stone and risking it all by standing by and watching it. Car crash.

we do not deserve this.

Edited by 1971fozzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
11 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

 

For being a snide wee arsehole when I was calling for Levein to be punted last season. 

 

Since you you have completely changed your tune. 

 

 

Nah, I'll alway give a manager time. 

Always back the team. 

I'll give the new manager time as well. 

 

I'm not an emotional, irrational, lavering mess that gets jollies from calling folk wee arseholes and being right about our manager (and team) failing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Franksluckypants
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Nah, I'll alway give a manager time. 

Always back the team. 

I'll give the new manager time as well. 

 

I'm not an emotional, irrational, lavering mess that gets jollies from calling folk wee arseholes and being right about our manager (and team) failing. 

 

Agreed, particularly on your second, third and fourth points, though your initial point is for me is on a sliding scale - how much time do you give a manager, that has clearly been failing for a considerable while...I tend to be closer to Phil D on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOak88
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I wonder how many people on here would pack their job in, if someone who had never done that job, suggested that they were shit at it.

 

I know I wouldn't. 

 

:cornette:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I wonder how many people on here would pack their job in, if someone who had never done that job, suggested that they were shit at it.

 

I know I wouldn't. 

 

So regardless of whether he is or not.

 

Why would he? Not certain that is arrogant,  but wanting to do better. 

 

If he doesn't then I'm sure someone else who doesn't know much about his job will relieve him of it. 

 

Are there any other professions outside of sport that operate this way?

Pretty much what my wife was  paid to do on an annual  basis. They got called in , they got measured against their objectives and the poor performers left. Or got sacked. 

 

PS CL is being measured against his own failures as described by AB. It's not difficult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambothump

The only reason Cl is not burying his head in the sand, is that it is too far up his own erse! May have ben stated before, not read full thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimosavi
7 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I think you answered that yourself .

 

Surely harder to walk away from something you love. 

 

No?

 

Never, If i could see the hurt and suffering i was causing around me and I'd walk no question Giro 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug
4 hours ago, Jambothump said:

The only reason Cl is not burying his head in the sand, is that it is too far up his own erse! May have ben stated before, not read full thread.

Think we all thought that.  Alternatively, on Dr Budge's lap being stroked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab
9 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I wonder how many people on here would pack their job in, if someone who had never done that job, suggested that they were shit at it.

 

I know I wouldn't. 

 

So regardless of whether he is or not.

 

Why would he? Not certain that is arrogant,  but wanting to do better. 

 

If he doesn't then I'm sure someone else who doesn't know much about his job will relieve him of it. 

 

Are there any other professions outside of sport that operate this way?

 

Not his decision to make surely ?

He has a boss, we have a boss, you’re shit, you’re gone.

I don’t know another club that are operating like us now, never mind another sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Never, If i could see the hurt and suffering i was causing around me and I'd walk no question Giro 

 

In this particular situation at Hearts, surely Ann and Craig have to have that awkward conversation. At best they would agree that Craig would step down from Head Coach and remain as DoF - then appoint a new Head Coach and hope to **** it works!

 

The above would be hugely contentious but they may get away with it if they appoint a decent Head Coach and we start climbing the table. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

In this particular situation at Hearts, surely Ann and Craig have to have that awkward conversation. At best they would agree that Craig would step down from Head Coach and remain as DoF - then appoint a new Head Coach and hope to **** it works!

 

The above would be hugely contentious but they may get away with it if they appoint a decent Head Coach and we start climbing the table. 

Being a director certainly complicates matters and for all we know may already have saved him.

Not many people resign in football these days though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

He’ll never resign. Too stubborn and blind. I think he genuinely believes he can get this fixed and turn it around. That’s how deluded he has became. 

As for AB , she is in serious danger of getting it both barrels as well from the support should things continue as they are for the next few weeks.  Can only the supporters see this shambles ? Utterly baffling that we have had nothing from her after saturdays scenes.

 

the millions of pounds we have all poured into this club to see the 2 of them sit back and accept the slide back to the championship.

 

players look lost and bewildered , fans have turned and are desperately wanting him and his coaches to go while there’s a bit of dignity left.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NB GIN
13 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

I was talking about going forward  with said players under CL or under a new man. 

 

I have zero worries about relegation. 

I am confident of a top 6.

Not so confident of top 4 atm. 

I have massive fears about relegation under Levein 

our record over the last 12 months is bottom of the league 

Top 6 is simply a failure we should be 4th at worst 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Nah, I'll alway give a manager time. 

Always back the team. 

I'll give the new manager time as well. 

 

I'm not an emotional, irrational, lavering mess that gets jollies from calling folk wee arseholes and being right about our manager (and team) failing. 

 

Just as I thought. 

 

Always has to be right, can’t stomach the fact that he was wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
17 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Pretty simple. 

Nah, I think 

Naismith, Smith, Washington, Walker, Damour, Whelan, Souttar and Meshino are/ will be decent at our level 

When will we ever get these guys fit at the same time? 

 

The way our injuries happen and especially the way they are treated the answer to that is never. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swanny17

CL is not burying his head in the sand to be fair, it's too far up his own arse for that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FruitJuice

I don't think he'll resign because it would mean less money for him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We_are_the_Hearts
13 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I don't think he'll resign because it would mean less money for him.  

Spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
32 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I don't think he'll resign because it would mean less money for him.  

I doubt he’ll resign without a package. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FruitJuice
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt he’ll resign without a package. 

Off course he'll be due a package but it'll be less if he does the decent thing.  If it comes to the stage of he walks or he is pushed, it'll be up to him to show he loves the club as much some fans claim.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt he’ll resign without a package. 

He loves the club that much he'll go for nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He loves the club that much he'll go for nothing. 

He might but it would be unusual. I wonder how many of our previous managers left without a package, unless their contract was up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheBigO
15 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I wonder how many people on here would pack their job in, if someone who had never done that job, suggested that they were shit at it.

 

I know I wouldn't. 

 

So regardless of whether he is or not.

 

Why would he? Not certain that is arrogant,  but wanting to do better. 

 

If he doesn't then I'm sure someone else who doesn't know much about his job will relieve him of it. 

 

Are there any other professions outside of sport that operate this way?

Aye your GM will sack a chef despite never having boiled an egg in their life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GingaNinja

Apparently I'm the only Hearts fan in kickback land that would actually like to see the club handle this situation with some sort of class . The club are looking for the next manager , relax ! It won't happen before the derby but for me that's the right thing to happen I'd take Levein in any derby .... what do you want him to say in the press nah it's all ****ed and I'm shit and hearts will never win a game again ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
4 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

When will we ever get these guys fit at the same time? 

 

The way our injuries happen and especially the way they are treated the answer to that is never. 

 

 

Yip, it's ****ing brutal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...