Levein ‘not burying his head in the sand’

MattyK82

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The only person to blame here is Ann Budge.

Absolutely. 

Levein is going nowhere.

Just like our club under him & the dithering old granny in charge. 

An utter shambles.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Boab

• The Real Maroonblood

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stephen Muddie
2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

How can he believe in what he's doing ?

It's a total shambles. Can't find a goalscorer or more to the point does not set up to create chances for the strikers, strange starting line-ups, players out of position, defensive frailties, goalkeepers that couldn't save stamps. All this on the back of no league win since March.

Never mind all that valid stuff you said, but he seems to sign strikers who can't score, or whose confidence is rock bottom when we sign them. Then, we play a formation & style that doesn't create chances for said strikers, affecting their confidence further and making them a target of the boo doom malcontents (the perennial ones - not the guys/girls who are fed up ATM). If we sign strikers who have decent records, they flop here. Time and again. Had enough.

It's a thoroughly predictable and depressing situation. I like Washington but look at his previous goalscoring record... I'd be surprised if, under CL especially, Conor were to go on a prolific spell of form. Uche? Typical Levein signing. Again, I like him but he's no Mark de Vries on evidence so far. I don't even think he's as good in the air as Kevin McKenna was up front. :unsure: We've got defenders who can't pass, half a team who can't run for 90mins consistently, got physically weak midfielders playing at RB in so-called Must Win games (who can't tackle, mark or hold position well). 

Logic seems to have went out the window with him, I don't understand. He's always so "safe" with his gameplan, yet so utterly reckless with team selection/position selection.

Levein is an arrogant erse and his comments always talk about players; lacking confidence, recovering from injury, lack of fitness, making basic mistakes etc. He never talks about poor team selections, tactics, in-game management....putting Sean Clare to RB, for example.  It's clear he's not going to resign and he will have to be sacked. AB will have to be told to take that decision because she won't do it voluntarily.  Fan power and more criticism from an ever growing number of pundits etc will hopefully force her hand.

He is pretty much doing exactly what he said he is not.As has been said many times this is not a bad start to the season this is at least 6 months of absolute shite.

So basically, I’m staying until its totally screwed, and who is deciding that point ? I can see him telling us next season, he is the man to take us out of the Championship !

2 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Never mind all that valid stuff you said, but he seems to sign strikers who can't score, or whose confidence is rock bottom when we sign them. Then, we play a formation & style that doesn't create chances for said strikers, affecting their confidence further and making them a target of the boo doom malcontents (the perennial ones - not the guys/girls who are fed up ATM). If we sign strikers who have decent records, they flop here. Time and again. Had enough.

It's a thoroughly predictable and depressing situation. I like Washington but look at his previous goalscoring record... I'd be surprised if, under CL especially, Conor were to go on a prolific spell of form. Uche? Typical Levein signing. Again, I like him but he's no Mark de Vries on evidence so far. I don't even think he's as good in the air as Kevin McKenna was up front. :unsure: We've got defenders who can't pass, half a team who can't run for 90mins consistently, got physically weak midfielders playing at RB in so-called Must Win games (who can't tackle, mark or hold position well). 

Logic seems to have went out the window with him, I don't understand. He's always so "safe" with his gameplan, yet so utterly reckless with team selection/position selection.

I don’t agree with you much but that’s an honest appraisal of our situation. 

The Shed Floodlight

To be fair to him, he has been hampered by injuries and such, and we do have a good squad of players,  as others have said the problem  now is Budge,  I never liked her comments regarding the vermin, and then calling us the supporters 'clients' ffs... she needs to live in the real world.   

Stephen Muddie
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I don’t agree with you much but that’s an honest appraisal of our situation. 

I only ever post honestly from my perspective, never claim to be correct unless I'm relaying verified facts. I'm not bothered by who agrees with me or hates my shit - stood alone most of my life on many issues by being an independent thinker/lover of information... but thanks. We are all Hearts and all humans. I prefer to focus on similarities with others rather than the easier option of pointing out obvious differences. Cheers :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

It's went that way. 

The only hope is that on Sunday we line up with Damour, Meshino, Naismith and Smith. 

Clare, Irving, Brandon and ofc Washingston drop out. 

Play the players correctly and we get a result. 

Playing Maclean from the start doesn't make sense. 

With walker, Souttar and Washington to come back, with a little confidence we might go on a run. 

It's all hope tho, can't see how this is turned around, although a win on Sunday to see if he can is most welcome and given that hibs are also shite, more possible than it would normally be, maybe. 🤔

The realism here is if he was to be sacked there won't be much of a case to say he has been harshly treated from the wider football community.

That tells it's own story on how things have went under his tenure.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Re Ann Budge I’m of the view which I would think is the majority view that she’s overall doing a good job. She could be more in tune with the football side of things though.

However at this stage- if Levein isn’t fully removed from the club then that view will swiftly change. If he is told to go back upstairs and remain as DOF the simmering toxic atmosphere that pervades tynecastle now will continue and it will all be her fault. 

She has on the surface a very simple decision to make-remove Levein=fans back onside. The fact this shrewd businesswomen isn’t making such an obvious move here indicates there are other reasons and factors as to why she can’t or won’t dispense with the business relationship.

What those reasons are? We don’t know but the longer this continues you can bet your bottom dollar hearts fans will be doing everything in their power to find out what those reasons are.

Remove Levein as manager, remove his coaching staff, remove him from the DOF and remove him from the board. This club will not be beholden to a man hellbent on entrenchment even at the risk of relegating a club he claims to love (a so called provincial one at that).

Geoff Kilpatrick
26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It is possible, but not what I'm reading on here tbh. 

Folk saying they're not going back until he goes, cancelling FOH subs is clearly supporting the team. 

Talking about walk outs and boycotts is pretty much the definition of support. 

Some clearly hate CL more than they love the club. 

It's not personal tho, in anyway. 🙄

They just love Hearts that much they don't go to the games when they're in the huff. 

We'll need to scrap "walking away is the rangers way" as a song soon. 

Snide as usual. Some people feel they are being ignored by the club's lack of action and are responding accordingly. I don't agree with it but I understand it.

Stephen Muddie
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's went that way. 

The only hope is that on Sunday we line up with Damour, Meshino, Naismith and Smith. 

Clare, Irving, Brandon and ofc Washingston drop out. 

Play the players correctly and we get a result. 

Playing Maclean from the start doesn't make sense. 

With walker, Souttar and Washington to come back, with a little confidence we might go on a run. 

It's all hope tho, can't see how this is turned around, although a win on Sunday to see if he can is most welcome and given that hibs are also shite, more possible than it would normally be, maybe. 🤔

Totally agree there. He's one who needs a partner anyway IMO. A 36 year old fairly wee, fairly skinny guy up front on his own? Bonkers.

I agree. Problem is we have no time, or leeway pts/league position wise I guess, to wait for that now. The players we have, even without the returning injured, should be good enough to go on such a run. I believe they are...

My hope is almost gone generally, but I'm never shit-feart of playing Hibs. They're pap and I'm just as confident for ER as usual, despite everything else.

Ken what else actually? I'm becoming increasingly irked by daily media chat from CL/players/staff/former players. It's unnecessary. Cliche time but do the talking on the park on a Saturday - otherwise STFU.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It is possible, but not what I'm reading on here tbh. 

Folk saying they're not going back until he goes, cancelling FOH subs is clearly supporting the team. 

Talking about walk outs and boycotts is pretty much the definition of support. 

Some clearly hate CL more than they love the club. 

It's not personal tho, in anyway. 🙄

They just love Hearts that much they don't go to the games when they're in the huff. 

We'll need to scrap "walking away is the rangers way" as a song soon. 

Another wee dig at the fans. Very well done. I don’t know what age you are, Tosh, but when we were really shite and getting relegated..regularly...there was a whole lot of walking away going on.

Who could blame a lot of people then, being asked to turn up and watch us struggle against the likes of Dumbarton and Stirling Albion.

Different times of course, before the ST culture of modern football but it still stands. We are shite, crowds will drop, no matter what the attendance is given by the club.

Here’s a question, do you think there was 15,800 there on Saturday ?

MarkDevriesScores4

I’ve been in this situation before and I’m confident that things will turn round and in six weeks’ time we’ll be speaking about a different situation altogether”

I can’t see the situation being different in six weeks. It’s been largely the same for 3 seasons. The only way this could be changed is if we comfortably beat every team we play in the next six weeks. If he fails at any of these matches then he has failed his own target and will have to stand down. That starts on Sunday. 

26 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Team selection is just baffling.

Tactics, Defend, defend, defend.....hoof up the park, n hope for the second ball

.. it's been brutal to watch, for far too long now.

Just go Craig, do us all a favour.

Looks like he isn’t going to do the honourable thing and walk away. Protests are now the best and only way to get him out. We’ve been on a downward spiral for 11 months and Budge clearly isn’t going to act so the fans have to. We are headed for relegation under Levein. 

The easy ride that Ann Budge is getting is staggering. One can only conclude that this is purely down to her age and sex and I ask why is this fair?

I want our club back. It is breaking my heart. Tynecastle is a library and we are a community centre. I have seen passion, voice and noise once at Tynie in 3 years and that was when fans thought Tommy Robinson was going to turn up. We have nothing to sing about and her ladyship simply does not want the noise. Treating everyone who enters as a child as she tries to police your behaviour and control your thoughts. Banning fans based on social media posts. Selling us down the river at every opportunity to show the world how nice a person she is.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Looks like he isn’t going to do the honourable thing and walk away. Protests are now the best and only way to get him out. We’ve been on a downward spiral for 11 months and Budge clearly isn’t going to act so the fans have to. We are headed for relegation under Levein. 

IT'S WAR!!

:laugh:

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Boab said:

Another wee dig at the fans. Very well done. I don’t know what age you are, Tosh, but when we were really shite and getting relegated..regularly...there was a whole lot of walking away going on.

Who could blame a lot of people then, being asked to turn up and watch us struggle against the likes of Dumbarton and Stirling Albion.

Different times of course, before the ST culture of modern football but it still stands. We are shite, crowds will drop, no matter what the attendance is given by the club.

Here’s a question, do you think there was 15,800 there on Saturday ?

Folk can walk away if they want. 

No idea, 3/4 full that is. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The easy ride that Ann Budge is getting is staggering. One can only conclude that this is purely down to her age and sex and I ask why is this fair?

I want our club back. It is breaking my heart. Tynecastle is a library and we are a community centre. I have seen passion, voice and noise once at Tynie in 3 years and that was when fans thought Tommy Robinson was going to turn up. We have nothing to sing about and her ladyship simply does not want the noise. Treating everyone who enters as a child as she tries to police your behaviour and control your thoughts. Banning fans based on social media posts. Selling us down the river at every opportunity to show the world how nice a person she is.

Once in 3 years. 

You lose all credibility with that. 

Top of my head. 

Sc hibs 1-0

Celtic 4-0,1-0 and 1-2

Aberdeen both wins last season 

Hibs 0-0

Hamilton 1-1

Pretty much the big games, as it's always been

Cut and paste interview and insert the next game at the end. The hubris is just on another level when you consider how little he has actually achieved in the game. 

Really saddens me that the club is such a shambles and so lacking in leadership. Budge looks utterly clueless here and frankly out of her depth. I was always sceptical of the opinion that Levein was in charge completely but this endorses it. Desperate times. 

After all the snide remarks from SRB from last season regarding our manager, I’ll expect he’ll be keen to apologise to those of us who wanted the manger removed earlier in the year. 

Otherwise he’d be a frightful hypocrite for trying to stick the boot in, only to change his tune after finally seeing what the rest of us saw back then. 

I feel nothing but apathy for Craig Levein and the team he puts out on the park. Going to the football was the highlight of my week, I meet with my uncle we have a good catch up and then get behind the team. For the last 4-5 months I have to force myself to go as you know what's coming now. I can't kid myself on anymore, yes the players should take some responsibility but their confidence is at rock bottom and Craigy can't get them up for it. He shows loyalty to players like Sean Clare that imo is not warranted. The whole mess is mental and until he's gone I'll find it very difficult to put my feelings to one side and "get behind the team" Craig is at the helm of that team and he hasn't got my backing any longer. 

4 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Please feel free to merge with one of the other many Levein threads. 

Lost for words after reading this tbh.

looks like he’s going nowhere. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-manager-craig-levein-i-m-not-burying-my-head-in-sand-and-i-believe-i-can-turn-club-around-1-5005308

Deluded and arrogant as normal. 

He bores the **** out of me with his repetitive ramblings. 

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

After all the snide remarks from SRB from last season regarding our manager, I’ll expect he’ll be keen to apologise to those of us who wanted the manger removed earlier in the year. 

Otherwise he’d be a frightful hypocrite for trying to stick the boot in, only to change his tune after finally seeing what the rest of us saw back then. 

He is a troll addicted to kickback Phil. I suspect he is somewhere on the spectrum so to reply is to indulge him. I would advise anyone to ignore him, not reply and just sit back and laugh at his ridiculous views.

Two things strike me from that statement.

1. He misses the point totally that the fans are sick not only of the results but the style of non football we are playing,and have been playing for 18 months.His complete failure to recognize that it is not just from the start of this season  that fans are unhappy, ,is an insult to the fan base.

2. The implication that if and when he goes it will be his decision. I wonder what AB thinks of that?

A couple of good results changes nothing IMO, it just delays the inevitable,and that is in no ones best interest.(apart from CL)

Just now, Jodami said:

He is a troll addicted to kickback Phil. I suspect he is somewhere on the spectrum so to reply is to indulge him. I would advise anyone to ignore him, not reply and just sit back and laugh at his ridiculous views.

Hard to disagree with any of that. 

Since I've just finished a 30 day suspension for “trolling”, I’m interested to see if similar actions are taken against certain individuals going forward. 

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

I know and thats my feeling too, but they're wo tough games to judge on is the thing. We could totally batter Hibs but a derby being as it is, it ends 1-1.

I'm sure he's been told Hibs, Aberdeen to save your job, i just wonder what the criterea is. Performance? Result? Both?

He's just had 3 easy home games and luckily took 2 points. He looks unbelievably to be getting a shot at those tough games. 

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Hard to disagree with any of that. 

Since I've just finished a 30 day suspension for “trolling”, I’m interested to see if similar actions are taken against certain individuals going forward. 

Their is another one in particular.

I won’t name him/her as I don’t know if has posted on this thread.

He has changed his usernames a few times but generally spouts the same pish.

14 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

If we make a hash of the next 2 games I'd like to think he would do that.

He had a tough time last season with injuries to key players which derailed our Euro hopes.

This season he has been deprived of Walker, Souttar, Haring and Naismith, all of whom would almost certainly be in the starting  eleven most games, as well as bench options like Morrison , Garuccio. Pereira etc

BUT

ultimately it's scores on the doors that matter and our league position is unacceptable.

If by chance we were to beat the wee team with a bit of style and follow that up with a win against the Sheep then maybe confidence will return to the team and we can go on a run.  Here's hoping.

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Thats what we are being driven to at the moment.  You know it and I know it that this boil should have been lanced a long time ago.  If that is what it takes to move on then so be it.  I am sure that I am not the only one thinking this way at the moment.

Yep. 

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Their is another one in particular.

I won’t name him/her as I don’t know if has posted on this thread.

He has changed his usernames a few times but generally spouts the same pish.

Sadly I can’t say what I want to say, otherwise I’d be canned again. 

Free speech and all that. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Sadly I can’t say what I want to say, otherwise I’d be canned again. 

Free speech and all that. 

You know who I mean?

21 minutes ago, Jodami said:

This. Its difficult though because you can still read his drivel despite being on ignore due to others quoting.

20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If we make a hash of the next 2 games I'd like to think he would do that.

He had a tough time last season with injuries to key players which derailed our Euro hopes.

This season he has been deprived of Walker, Souttar, Haring and Naismith, all of whom would almost certainly be in the starting  eleven most games, as well as bench options like Morrison , Garuccio. Pereira etc

BUT

ultimately it's scores on the doors that matter and our league position is unacceptable.

If by chance we were to beat the wee team with a bit of style and follow that up with a win against the Sheep then maybe confidence will return to the team and we can go on a run.  Here's hoping.

I think everyone wants what you’ve said. The problem is, we’ve been saying the “if we beat such and such hopefully that kick starts us”

for 11 months now. No other manager in our history would survive that. The saddest thing about all of this is it seems Budge isn’t going to act. Levein clearly pulled the trigger on Cathro, it’s also becoming very clear that the line about challenging for 4th might not be good enough to Neilson, was also Levein. 

The injuries can’t be bad luck, it’s impossible. It’s a trend now and something has to be looked at. 

Slightly off topic but any one know how many tickets we've sold for Sunday? If like the last derby at easter road and we leave a large area unsold, surely him looking at that is enough to say my time here is done. When your fans aren't turning up for a derby match you know you've ****ed it.

11 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Slightly off topic but any one know how many tickets we've sold for Sunday? If like the last derby at easter road and we leave a large area unsold, surely him looking at that is enough to say my time here is done. When your fans aren't turning up for a derby match you know you've ****ed it.

200 tickets left