Levein ‘not burying his head in the sand’

MattyK82

He’s been trying to turn it around since we got pumped 5-0 from Livingston last December, yet he doesn’t think he’s burying his head in the sand?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Boab

• The Real Maroonblood

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk can walk away if they want. 

No idea, 3/4 full that is. 

Well respect it rather than have a go at every opportunity.

I respect everyone’s view on how they react to the situation we’re in as long as it’s not something ridiculous.

I would argue that there has been very little evidence of his ability to turn things around since he returned to the dug out in 2017. The team has long had no obvious plan as to how to attack, doesn't create chances or work the opposition goalkeeper and now we have added the consistent concession of soft goals and inability to defend.

He has not 'earned' the next two games as it doesn't make him any less culpable for previous results.

Spoiler

It looks like he is now the club. Everything revolves around him and what he wants to do. Nothing else matters now and the fact that he says he is staying proves that.  

Levein was an uninspiring appointment even allowing for his sacked predecessor being the worst Hearts manager in living memory. Time.......ticking.......!

Pasquale for King

He said himself in the interview that he keeps saying the same things all the time, did the interviewer actually ask what they’re doing about it? Just the same training, tactics and hope that some of the new players will do something special and get him off the hook. 

When will this Groundhog Day madness ever end.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

One sentence paragraphs?

When you read a forum like this, simple one sentence paragraphs or bullet points should be favoured as easier to read.  If I come onto a thread and it is a massive post with few paragraphs I do not even take the time.  **** that, it is like a 6 page CV, you just skip to the next one.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

queen Ann's crown slipping 

if only the fans would just continue to hand over their cash and stop being so excitable

hope no-one forgets to order the statue or the weathers not too disagreeable

Michael Stewart has been proved right sadly.  The "Football" Club is Craig Levein and there is no disguising this fact now.  I fear for his sanity as well as his health.  The whole coaching staff need emptied, from top to bottom as they cannot change the rut we find ourselves in either.

It's time to go Craig, and I say that with a heavy heart as I, for one, really wanted you to succeed.  Your time has gone.  Better managers than you have failed and if you truly had any respect left for yourself and your stubborn, singular ways you would realise that too.

Go Now.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Well respect it rather than have a go at every opportunity.

I respect everyone’s view on how they react to the situation we’re in as long as it’s not something ridiculous.

Not going to the games to support HMFC because you disagree with the manager, don't like him or think we're shite is ridiculous imo. 

Not going because we're shite is the most ridiculous reason tbh, you're basically saying you only go when we are good. 

Nonesense imo. 

6 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Michael Stewart has been proved right sadly.  The "Football" Club is Craig Levein and there is no disguising this fact now.  I fear for his sanity as well as his health.  The whole coaching staff need emptied, from top to bottom as they cannot change the rut we find ourselves in either.

It's time to go Craig, and I say that with a heavy heart as I, for one, really wanted you to succeed.  Your time has gone.  Better managers than you have failed and if you truly had any respect left for yourself and your stubborn, singular ways you would realise that too.

Go Now.

Well put.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not going to the games to support HMFC because you disagree with the manager, don't like him or think we're shite is ridiculous imo. 

Not going because we're shite is the most ridiculous reason tbh, you're basically saying you only go when we are good. 

Nonesense imo. 

See if we were shite because we had no money, were concentrating on bringing through youth players or something along those lines I'd agree with you.

The reason we are shite is because of CL. Inexcusable that he's still at the club.

6 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

He’s not entirely wrong that 2 or 3 wins in a row starting with Hibs would launch us right up the table, he’s just not the person that’s going to achieve that.

Obviously, winning 2 or 3 games in a row would be a good start, but it might not launch us up the league as much as you think.

Other teams will also be collecting points in those two or three weeks.  It'll likely take a couple of months of good results to get us into the top six. And, imo, the chances of us now finishing in the top four are slim to nil.

Its painful to see a PHM and club legend be in the situation where the fans are pleading with him to step aside. Its tarnishing that reputation. 

I totally understand his mindset. He appears to truly believe he can turn it around so I understand him wanting to keep working at it.  I think he sees moving back to DoF as a step backward.

Would any of us quit our jobs if we weren't delivering results? Not a chance. Being stubborn and persisting at something you're failing at is a fairly human thing to do.

And yes, Football management has been a results delivering role for a long time but if he believes he can do it then it will have to be a decision taken out of his hands which so many other clubs have done with underperforming managers. Unfortunately it doesn't look likely from Ann she will do it anytime soon.

This sunday might be the first derby where both sets of fans are indifferent to the result.

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nonesense imo. 

If people think that he is taking the piss, they are more than within their right to decide which course of action to take.

Protest, don’t go, whatever.

The players are not idiots. They know exactly who is is directed against. I seen it on Saturday. Yes, I have been going when we are shite, Tosh.Not just now, but over many years. 

I respect others’ views, yours included. Please respect, not only mine, but others who won’t just keep turning up if they think they are getting their pants taken down.

His latest interview is ridiculous, not any action fans take.

4 hours ago, Coco said:

I was disappointed that he was brought back to the club and think he has done a poor job as Director of Football and a worse job as manager.  But I think he's right.  A couple of victories aren't far away.  And there will be a group of supporters who would swing back into line after that.  Look at how the mentality changed after we lost but the players tried hard in the cup final.

Not having a pop Coco but where are you seeing the evidence for this?

We seem to be getting worse and now we’ve lost Washington 

18 minutes ago, Boab said:

If people think that he is taking the piss, they are more than within their right to decide which course of action to take.

Protest, don’t go, whatever.

The players are not idiots. They know exactly who is is directed against. I seen it on Saturday. Yes, I have been going when we are shite, Tosh.Not just now, but over many years. 

I respect others’ views, yours included. Please respect, not only mine, but others who won’t just keep turning up if they think they are getting their pants taken down.

His latest interview is ridiculous, not any action fans take.

👏

He says his head isnt in the sand and that fans are over reacting after 5 games. It's not 5 games though. This is the third season he's been in charge and apart from the winning spell at the start of last season, weve been garbage to watch, with abysmal results. 

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it already but based on a league table from last october, we would be bottom! He doesn't seem to get that though. He's had plenty of chances to put things right and failed every time. 

Screenshot_20190917-135432_Facebook.jpg

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Its painful to see a PHM and club legend be in the situation where the fans are pleading with him to step aside. Its tarnishing that reputation. 

I totally understand his mindset. He appears to truly believe he can turn it around so I understand him wanting to keep working at it.  I think he sees moving back to DoF as a step backward.

Would any of us quit our jobs if we weren't delivering results? Not a chance. Being stubborn and persisting at something you're failing at is a fairly human thing to do.

And yes, Football management has been a results delivering role for a long time but if he believes he can do it then it will have to be a decision taken out of his hands which so many other clubs have done with underperforming managers. Unfortunately it doesn't look likely from Ann she will do it anytime soon.

This sunday might be the first derby where both sets of fans are indifferent to the result.

Regarding the last part, I think if we beat them they really could have a relegation battle,  apart from Maybe 2/3  players they scream bottom 6 side no matter who is managing them. 

Our side when fully fit has decent players to choose from. 

If we win I think hibs are in Terry butcher type danger. 

We will turn it around, even to a top 6 side imo under CL or not. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Regarding the last part, I think if we beat them they really could have a relegation battle,  apart from Maybe 2/3  players they scream bottom 6 side no matter who is managing them. 

Our side when fully fit has decent players to choose from. 

If we win I think hibs are in Terry butcher type danger. 

We will turn it around, even to a top 6 side imo under CL or not. 

You genuinely believe that even as things stand with CL, if he was given this full season, we would finish top 6?

Absolutely no chance i'm afraid.

All roads lead to Gorgie

It is starting to look like Craig thinks we are his last chance to get the silverware that has alluded him as a player and manager. I admire him for trying but it ain't going to happen as he has lost all the motivational skills required. 

Better to call it a day now Craig and leave with the fans gratitude for trying at least. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Mort said:

You genuinely believe that even as things stand with CL, if he was given this full season, we would finish top 6?

Absolutely no chance i'm afraid.

Given results yes. 

Aberdeen lost to St mirren and drew with saints. 

Hibs beat St mirren. 

With the players we have we'll be ok, but we need to do better than that. 

I have absolutely zero worries about relegation or being in the bottom 6.

Book Mark that. 

If we put in Smith, Damour, Meshino and Naismith In our team for Sunday, I think we'll win. 

Washington, Walker and Souttar to come back. 

No worries about bottom six or relegation 👍

We need to be in about third tho, I wouldn't bet on  that right now. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Given results yes. 

Hibs beat St mirren. 

Book Mark that. 

If we put in Smith, Damour, Meshino and Naismith In our team for Sunday, I think we'll win. 

Can’t see that comparing Hearts to other crap teams is a help. It never ceases to surprise me that fans that claim to go every week to watch Hearts think Levein is capable of turning things round. CL does believe that but anybody watching his interview on Saturday would have seen a broken man sadly gibbering nonsense.

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

He says his head isnt in the sand and that fans are over reacting after 5 games. It's not 5 games though. This is the third season he's been in charge and apart from the winning spell at the start of last season, weve been garbage to watch, with abysmal results. 

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it already but based on a league table from last october, we would be bottom! He doesn't seem to get that though. He's had plenty of chances to put things right and failed every time. 

Screenshot_20190917-135432_Facebook.jpg

****ing hell. 

Just ****ing hell. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Given results yes. 

Hibs beat St mirren. 

Book Mark that. 

Fair enough. Not having a go here, was just interested.

Personally, I can't see the results improving enough to get us into the top 6 with the current manager. 

This poor form isn't exactly just a recent issue. Will be great to get some of the players back from injury but really feels more of a downward spiral at the moment rather than the other way around.

24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Given results yes. 

Hibs beat St mirren. 

Book Mark that. 

Is that you craig? 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

A PHM and legend.

:rofl:

annushorribilis III

"I’m basically saying the same things over and over again" ...

because the same poor performances and results continue as per last season, he should have added.  But he can turn things around, he says. Incredible. 

This board doesn't have a clue and is not for for purpose.  I'm not reading anything into his "six week" schtick but how he can honestly believe he can do anything with a team which has struggled against the most modest opposition in the league cup and early league games is laughable. He's the ultimate in narcissism and he should be booted out. None of his mea culpa (such as it is - and that'snot much)  is rooted in the reality of the last 30 games. He's in total denial of what's in front of him. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nonesense imo. 

You ready to apologise yet?

5 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I’ve been in this situation before and I’m confident that things will turn round and in six weeks’ time we’ll be speaking about a different situation altogether”

I can’t see the situation being different in six weeks. It’s been largely the same for 3 seasons. The only way this could be changed is if we comfortably beat every team we play in the next six weeks. If he fails at any of these matches then he has failed his own target and will have to stand down. That starts on Sunday. 

We will get beat at the weekend then we will get some shit about the cup game being a good chance away from the stress of league games but after we lose that **** knows how he can dream up anymore excuses

5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

We will get beat at the weekend then we will get some shit about the cup game being a good chance away from the stress of league games but after we lose that **** knows how he can dream up anymore excuses

Next excuse will be that Washington is out for 3 months.

Why the **** did you put him on at the weekend when it was known his hamstring was tight, you bellend.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nonesense imo. 

I have never not watched Hearts because the team were ‘shite’ or because I thought the team were ‘shite’ or I disagreed with the manager decision making,  tactics, team selection etc Having watched them home and away and in Europe since 1961, trust me I have seen a lot of ‘shite’ in that time. Although I have never been a CL fan, had his ‘appointment’ been under different circumstances, I might (as I have always done) still be going.

I handed my season ticket back on the day he was appointed because the appointment was made for all the wrong reasons and AB took the piss with her ‘lightbulb’ moment comment! CL should never have been appointed after his failed vanity project with Ian Cathro! In terms of the “fantastic job” he has apparently done at the academy, where is the evidence as other than Hickey not one of the other ‘recent’ academy graduates i.e. Cochrane, Moore, Henderson, Morrison, McDonald etc will ever be first team regulars at this club. Little wonder if CL’s “principles of play” throughout the Academy reflect the rigid, laborious style of football the first team play!

1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

I have never not watched Hearts because the team were ‘shite’ or because I thought the team were ‘shite’ or I disagreed with the manager decision making,  tactics, team selection etc Having watched them home and away and in Europe since 1961, trust me I have seen a lot of ‘shite’ in that time. Although I have never been a CL fan, had his ‘appointment’ been under different circumstances, I might (as I have always done) still be going.

I handed my season ticket back on the day he was appointed because the appointment was made for all the wrong reasons and AB took the piss with her ‘lightbulb’ moment comment! CL should never have been appointed after his failed vanity project with Ian Cathro! In terms of the “fantastic job” he has apparently done at the academy, where is the evidence as other than Hickey not one of the other ‘recent’ academy graduates i.e. Cochrane, Moore, Henderson, Morrison, McDonald etc will ever be first team regulars at this club. Little wonder if CL’s “principles of play” throughout the Academy reflect the rigid, laborious style of football the first team play!

Surely no...

I hate to say this but Ann Budge is the problem now, Hero to Zero in one manager, no one in else in football would let this continue, she really should look in the mirror and the league table and his record over the last 10 months, if this is how its going to be then she is the problem.

17 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Why the **** did you put him on at the weekend when it was known his hamstring was tight, you bellend.

Is that true? Source?

18 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Is this correct ? Please tell me it’s not

2 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

If i wasn't getting the results at my work/doing my job well i wouldn't get a chance to step down. They would make the decision for me show me the door and not feel bad about it in the slightest, thats life, thats how id imagine that's most people work place. 

Edited by TheStig

7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The last paragraph is a scary parallel, except Levein is our Martin Bain! :eek:

Christ Geoff...like I'm not depressed enough...😔

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

"I’m basically saying the same things over and over again" ...

because the same poor performances and results continue as per last season, he should have added.  But he can turn things around, he says. Incredible. 

This board doesn't have a clue and is not for for purpose.  I'm not reading anything into his "six week" schtick but how he can honestly believe he can do anything with a team which has struggled against the most modest opposition in the league cup and early league games is laughable. He's the ultimate in narcissism and he should be booted out. None of his mea culpa (such as it is - and that'snot much)  is rooted in the reality of the last 30 games. He's in total denial of what's in front of him. 

Yip, excuse loop is on. Anytime the fans see through it and challenge him, they get smartarse trolling answer. GAME OVER

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Given results yes. 

Hibs beat St mirren. 

Book Mark that. 

No disrespect intended but I think you’ve lost you’re grip. Our form over a sustained period of time is quite simply horrendous. There is also some sort of mismanagement or poor treatment/fitness throughout the squad which leads to a steady one or two injuries a game. Anybody who thinks all these injuries are bad luck is barking mad. Anybody who doesn’t expect the pattern with injuries to continue is the same.