Levein ‘not burying his head in the sand’

MattyK82

56 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Well looks like he’s been given the next two games to me. Certainly hope he wins them both. 

As I have said a few times since Saturday, last weekend was the watershed moment for me. I can’t see him turning this around now. However, I’m damned if I’m not backing the whole team against Hibs and then Aberdeen in League Cup. That would be the same whoever was managing them.

As for “hating” him... Jesus. Some folk need to actually think about what they post. 

Agreed, social media/forums are the ideal place for people to say things about others that they wouldn’t have guts to say to their face. Some of the vitriol on here has been way over the top, offensive and in some case vile. Sad times amongst what used to be a very decent supporter base. Hopefully it’s only the minority of the fan base on here that are lowering their standards. 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Boab

• The Real Maroonblood

• The Treasurer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's lost it, I backed him as long as I could but I can't see how anyone would now. 

He's no idea how to turn it around, the longer he hangs on the more damage he is doing. Has all the right intentions I still believe but he's not the man for it anymore. 

Saying **** You to all who support the club.

well WE don’t believe you can fix it. The last 12 months show us that. Your football and selections show us you can’t fix it.

utterly depressing reading that. Deluded absolutely deluded. Journalist should ask him if the shoe was on the other foot would he watch and believe in that shite he serves us

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Said it over the past few days that she has now reached her sell by date.  We all have one and hers is now well past.

Mate it’s an absolute joke what we’re tolerating now. 

I won’t be mean, she’s done so much good but **** me she needs to wake up. 

57 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Obviously the team will be backed in the games it would be stupid not to. 

But saying what he says he is just showing utter contempt to the fans. He does realise this form has been going on for over a year and he hasn’t been able to fix it. How the hell will he fix it in the next 2 games FFS!!! 

Just get him to **** now while we can still save the season. Should never have came to this. 

How do you get the period from end of October 2018 to middle of September 2019  to be ‘going on for over a year’?   When you make stuff up to support your point you kind of lose all credibility. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, jack D and coke said:

I honestly want to know the real story behind this unwavering commitment to Levein. The idea that she simply thinks he’s the right man for the job doesn’t add up or make sense. Is it a financial thing? Is there a gentleman’s agreement in place? Is she scared of ploughing on without him? What’s the deal?

13 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Agree  you here.

I can even see a situation that if (and it's a big if) we win on Sunday, I can see the fans still turning on him at the end of the game.

I don’t see it happening myself, as I think there is a fundamental flaw somewhere (maybe more than one) in the management and coaching set up, but... if he does somehow get us on a long run of good results, then that’s good enough for me. This isn’t about being proven right or wrong for me. It’s not personal either, I don’t hate the guy and never will. It’s all about results for me, nothing else. I was willing to accept poor results if they were temporary, and we were going to benefit further down the line. The way we set up on Saturday rang alarm bells for me though. I’ve no problem with getting things wrong though, and if I have, and he turns the ship around, then that’s me happy again. I’d assume that’s the same for any rational and emotionally stable supporter.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

1 minute ago, Hercules said:

I honestly thought, and heard, today was the day he ****ed off. I’m still living in hope it might be. 

If he turns up at Meggetland this afty that will confirm he isn't going anywhere until at least the 26th September.

Mid Calder Jambo
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Can't agree more.  I am not disputing for one moment what she has done for hearts and i think we are all grateful for that.  If you have been in business as long as I have we have all seen it, people reach the end of their shelflife and make decisions we all question as being irrational or at worst irresponsible.  AB is now being negilent with the effective, efficient and profitable running of the club and for those reasons she has to go as well.

He has been given plenty of games to turn it around.

We may win the next two games, and I hope we do, but that will inky paper over huge cracks, he must go, preferably before these 2 games.

As someone said above, it is clear who runs this club.

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Said a few times but Budge’s credibility is on the line here. Making herself look spineless and incompetent. Very concerning.

Very much agree. Things are gonna get very nasty soon. I don't think she appreciates that.

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I don’t see it happening myself, as I think there is a fundamental flaw somewhere (maybe more than one) in the management and coaching set up somewhere, but... if he does somehow get us on a long run of good results, then that’s good enough for me. This isn’t about being proven right or wrong for me. It’s not personal either, I don’t hate the guy and never will. It’s all about results for me, nothing else. I was willing to accept poor results if they were temporary, and we were going benefit further down the line. The way we set up on Saturday rang alarm bells for me though. I’ve no problem with getting things wrong though, and if I have, and he turns the ship around, then that’s me happy again. I’d assume that’s the same for any rational and emotionally stable supporter.

That's kind of where I  am, but I think some people have now made it so personal against Levein that even winning the league would not get them to back him.

But there's nothing more fickle than a football fan, a few good results can change the mood completely, especially if one of those games is a derby

Mid Calder Jambo
Just now, The Treasurer said:

That's kind of where I  am, but I think some people have now made it so personal against Levein that even winning the league would not get them to back him.

But there's nothing more fickle than a football fan, a few good results can change the mood completely, especially if one of those games is a derby

The way I feel at the moment is that I would buy a defeat in the Derby if CL leaves.

You could well be right there. If that is the case, then those people are far more worthy of contempt than Levein will ever be.

At this point he’s very clearly the wrong man for the job. Even if we win the next few it will change nothing for me. 

We’ll be delaying the inevitable and the first bad result will see us back here again.

5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

If he turns up at Meggetland this afty that will confirm he isn't going anywhere until at least the 26th September.

I honestly think it’s going to get to the stage where supporters are going to start to turn up at the Oriam, reserve games etc. to have a go at him. He’s playing the supporters for idiots. 

Captain Canada

If he can fix it, why hasn't he done just that in the past 11 months? 

We were told before the first Motherwell game that one win would get us back on track and we've gone massively downhill since. 

If he seriously thinks there's any way back for him now, he's completely delusional. It's not just about this season and how we've started. 

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I don’t see it happening myself, as I think there is a fundamental flaw somewhere (maybe more than one) in the management and coaching set up, but... if he does somehow get us on a long run of good results, then that’s good enough for me. This isn’t about being proven right or wrong for me. It’s not personal either, I don’t hate the guy and never will. It’s all about results for me, nothing else. I was willing to accept poor results if they were temporary, and we were going benefit further down the line. The way we set up on Saturday rang alarm bells for me though. I’ve no problem with getting things wrong though, and if I have, and he turns the ship around, then that’s me happy again. I’d assume that’s the same for any rational and emotionally stable supporter.

Let’s not let the personal stuff deflect from the shambles that is happening right now.

I had a fear that he would come out with this kind of interview after Saturday. It was probably wishful thinking that change was afoot. Alas, it will rumble on and there is now a serious risk that we might sink even further. By that I mean being put out one of the only two competitions we have any hope of doing well in. Shocking interview.

6 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

The way I feel at the moment is that I would buy a defeat in the Derby if CL leaves.

I can't think of a situation where I would ever want us to lose any game, let alone a derby

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How do you get the period from end of October 2018 to middle of September 2019  to be ‘going on for over a year’?   When you make stuff up to support your point you kind of lose all credibility. 

I meant a year in terms of playing football matches ie a league season. 

You knew what I meant even though I didn’t word it properly though didn’t you. My point still stands get him out ASAP 

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You could well be right there. If that is the case, then those people are far more worthy of contempt than Levein will ever be.

Some people are allowing their hatred of one person to overtake their love of the club

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Let’s not let the personal stuff deflect from the shambles that is happening right now.

I’m not. I’ve given my thoughts on both, mate.

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

I can't think of a situation where I would ever want us to lose any game, let alone a derby

Thats what we are being driven to at the moment.  You know it and I know it that this boil should have been lanced a long time ago.  If that is what it takes to move on then so be it.  I am sure that I am not the only one thinking this way at the moment.

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

I’m not. I’ve given my thoughts on both, mate.

Of course, I hear that. It doesn’t help things, i’m 100% in agreement there. There is a lot of anger though. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

On and on it goes. It is like we are not fixing a leaky boat hoping it will fix itself. If we don't go down we will be perennial strugglers if he keeps his job. 

Mid Calder Jambo
Just now, Boab said:

Of course, I hear that. It doesn’t help things, i’m 100% in agreement there. There is a lot of anger though. 

Yes and anger driven by the fact that two people are now killing something that we all love and care for passionately.

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Regardless of what sane people think, the personal abuse is going to get worse. It'll also be increasingly directed at Budge. It will also eventually lead to violence and in fighting in the stands and stuff thrown at CL and the players.

Can be resolved easily by Mrs B listening and acting on the feelings of the support.

1 minute ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Yes and anger driven by the fact that two people are now killing something that we all love and care for passionately.

In a nutshell mate. 

One through ignorance, one through arrogance. 

Just now, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Well, there is a risk now that tough love will take over. People will not be taken for fools.

He said he would fix the defence during the international break then we lose three goals at home to Motherwell, do these questions not get asked from boardroom level to him ?

He says some supporters are unhappy, no we all are.

5 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Thats what we are being driven to at the moment.  You know it and I know it that this boil should have been lanced a long time ago.  If that is what it takes to move on then so be it.  I am sure that I am not the only one thinking this way at the moment.

We both want the same outcome, but we're going to have to disagree on this route of achieving it

12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Utter garbage.

Why are some people still peddling the "it's personal " bollox.

He's a shit arrogant football manager.

If he was a successful arrogant football manager every single Hearts fan would back him.

Some people are allowing their hatred of one person to overtake their love of the club

Possibly two camps

If you seen him play for Hearts then those fans will never hate him.

He's not thinking straight now, seems to be at a loss as to what he can do about it but says the total opposite and has the hierarchy eating out of his hand.

He's been backed to the hilt by them and he is not rewarding them with their faith in him.

Sacking him would be ruthless as he has been with them from the start and it's a strong relationship. That's fine but this can't go on indefinitely, there has to be a breaking point. Trouble is we've already had a few breaking points.

15 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

People are angry. No doubt most people don't really mean everything they say.

One persons love of himself is overtaking his love of the club.

Edited by GinRummy

The Real Maroonblood
51 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Budge has now become the bigger problem.

If she can't see that this is unacceptable then we are truly fecked in the football department.

Very frightening.

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Some people have very short memories. 

Budge saved Hearts singlehandedly.

Now carry on throwing your toys out the pram children.

She didn't do it single handedly. She has a job to do. She isn't doing that job by continuing to back Levein. 

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Shit, and to think we were all involved in it.

Every day’s a school day !

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

People are angry. No doubt most people don't really mean everything they say.

One persons lobe of himself is overtaking his love of the club.

I think it's the exact opposite, his love of the club is clouding his judgement as to admit he's not the man for the job would mean him having to walk away from the club that he clearly loves

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

:phface:

I think it's the exact opposite, his love of the club is clouding his judgement as to admit he's not the man for the job would mean him having to walk away from the club that he clearly loves

Fair enough. It's definitely nothing either of us can prove. I think his arrogance and belief in himself is driving him and not his love of hearts.

I really don't want to go back to Tynecastle with him still in charge... it is a place of misery and shite tactics where the opposition outplay us.

It is beyond a joke now, he's coming out with the same lines as he has done all year. He's just on the cusp of greatness, he'll turn it around, he believes in the players etc etc etc.

Ann Budge's silence not helping - her relationship with Levein is far too cosy given he gets away with the first team being in relegation form for nearly a year.

14 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I’m not wishing that, I’m going on Sunday and I’ll back the team. However, my worry is that we go there, he sets us up badly again, we lose an early goal, they go at us with their support roaring them on and we fall apart and lose heavily. The way we are playing just now it’s perfectly possible. Apart from the obvious fall out from such a defeat he would be forever tarnished and hated for that, I don’t hate him but a lot of folk would after that. Craig, do the right thing today, please.

I want a win on Sunday and we have to score first, this team don’t have the bottle to come back if we go behind. I’m going there with thousands of other jambo’s and win lose or draw we will back the team but the manager has lost any backing now, unfortunately. No one else’s fault.