HMFC think Big - many of our fans want to remain small time

Beast Boy

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Normally this wouldn't be the case, but in this instance, I want to thank you for posting. You have consistently represented the views of the most backward, regressive, anti-forward looking vanguard amongst the Hearts support. Though others have come to your defence to proclaim you are not one of the Dean Owens, Phoodle Out airplane-type neanderthals yourself--and I think we can all accept that--you openly put forward views and goals that align with theirs on a regular basis.

So I'm thanking you for posting because the angst you have expressed here can only mean that Dr Budge is marginalising people like that from having any association whatsoever with our great club, something that can only pay the highest of dividends in the future.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

BIG DICK ENERGY :sweeet:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• The Treasurer

• Nookie Bear

• Hercules

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Well I am an emotional man,. love romcoms, shave my back. file my nails, give myself pedicures, love cleaning, my favourite colour are the pastel ones and ****ing love the film Dirty Dancing.

What is my prize?

I am very masculine however and 100% feel men are being emasculated every second of the day.  If in some way we need to apologise for being a man.

Football today is a soft sport, played by pansies and supported by unicorns and fairies.  I’m a get hacked, get up, spit your teeth out and get on with it kinda guy.

but that's because again you've decided that spitting your teeth out is more manly than a Cruyff turn or a no look pass. You can be that kinda guy though, unapologetically. You can prefer football that way just like you can love Dirty Dancing. but what you can't do is decide that one of them is the right way to 'be a man' and the other is wrong. 

The support of football has changed for sure. You'd never get women or children at a game. You'd rarely get non white people at a game. Or unconfrontational people. And maybe you don't like that, for some reason. Maybe you preferred it when it had a nasty edge and a fight could break out. That's fine too, as long as it's not because you don't think these people have a place at football but do you need to be so vitriolic about it? I wouldn't consider myself a unicorn or a fairy but I don't sing at matches and I prefer a reverse pass to a two footed tackle. Why does it have to be your way?

3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Men are not being emasculated.

We are not being threatened.

we are however being asked to behave in a reasonable manner- not batter folk, respect women, take a role in our kids lives, help shape and participate in the future and NOT wallow in the past.

Not a massive ask.

All one big one way street do you not think?

4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Men are not being emasculated.

We are not being threatened.

we are however being asked to behave in a reasonable manner- not batter folk, respect women, take a role in our kids lives, help shape and participate in the future and NOT wallow in the past.

Not a massive ask.

You were way more succinct than me! but yes! 

The Treasurer
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Because (perish the thought) most people give every **** about the bottom line.

Winning!

And how do we achieve that without the finance to do it ?

1 minute ago, maroonshrew said:

but that's because again you've decided that spitting your teeth out is more manly than a Cruyff turn or a no look pass. You can be that kinda guy though, unapologetically. You can prefer football that way just like you can love Dirty Dancing. but what you can't do is decide that one of them is the right way to 'be a man' and the other is wrong. 

The support of football has changed for sure. You'd never get women or children at a game. You'd rarely get non white people at a game. Or unconfrontational people. And maybe you don't like that, for some reason. Maybe you preferred it when it had a nasty edge and a fight could break out. That's fine too, as long as it's not because you don't think these people have a place at football but do you need to be so vitriolic about it? I wouldn't consider myself a unicorn or a fairy but I don't sing at matches and I prefer a reverse pass to a two footed tackle. Why does it have to be your way?

No man, I do not like all men all white terraces with fights every second ok.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Do you mean going back to a time where it was 100% about the football? Footballers were real men, and winning was life and death?

It wasn't all rosey and I would take many things in the modern game but we have sky rocketed into the future at a speed so fast hardly anyone had a chance to get on board.

We as a fanbase and club are simply not quite ready for Ann Budge's 'modernising'. She is so out of touch to what football is at Hearts she is killing us.

She will not even compromise. It is her vision, her stadium, her club and her journey.

Speak for yourself, I’m all on board with the modernising. 

The sooner we make our football stadiums fully inclusive, free from sectarian hatred and remove the undertones of violence/aggression between fans the sooner the sport will be able to grow. I have two girls and the idea of taking them to football game makes me cringe and I’m sure the feeling would be the same for many parents with boys. I can’t think of many other sporting events where that would be the case.  Football is stuck in the past and is slowly dying because of it.

Just now, The Treasurer said:

And how do we achieve that without the finance to do it ?

You mean when all our finance is gained off the field and we earn nothing on it?  That is not a football team.

Just now, DalryJambo said:

Speak for yourself, I’m all on board with the modernising. 

The sooner we make our football stadiums fully inclusive, free from sectarian hatred and remove the undertones of violence/aggression between fans the sooner the sport will be able to grow. I have two girls and the idea of taking them to football game makes me cringe and I’m sure the feeling would be the same for many parents with boys. I can’t think of many other sporting events where that would be the case.  Football is stuck in the past and is slowly dying because of it.

sadly we are dealing with people who saw spending 150k on the women's game a waste because we could've signed a player. It's such short sighted thinking it's beyond belief. 

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You mean when all our finance is gained off the field and we earn nothing on it?  That is not a football team.

You never answered my question

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

You never answered my question

The finance will dry up the more we lose.

11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Still never answered my question

You need someone to tell you that you need finance to be a winning team in the modern game? Do you need someone to explain to you that we need bees for humans to survive also?

Hearts have finance. Instead of creating a winning team with it we are giving it away to good causes and virtue signalling vanity projects.Nothing Ann Budge is doing is making us win games.

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You need someone to tell you that you need finance to be a winning team in the modern game? Do you need someone to explain to you that we need bees for humans to survive also?

Hearts have finance. Instead of creating a winning team with it we are giving it away to good causes and virtue signalling vanity projects.Nothing Ann Budge is doing is making us win games.

First paragraph - I'm well aware of these  things.

Second paragraph - the reason we have finance is due, in no small way, to the way AB has run the club and dragged us into the modern business world.

Not sure what you mean by "giving it away to good causes and vanity projects", perhaps you could enlighten me.

I think most agree, we have a decent squad more than capable of winning matches, the reason we have that squad is down to the fact that we have the finance to pay for that squad,  due to the income generated under AB's watch

Generic Username
48 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

See when the font changes on your posts is that because you've copy and pasted it from elsewhere? 

Sat pretending to write emails/word docs then pasting them into here to create the illusion of working, I assume because office work is for bent shots and he'd prefer to be out on a battlefield getting his head caved in with an axe, spitting his brain matter out and getting on with it again...

52 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

See when the font changes on your posts is that because you've copy and pasted it from elsewhere? 

Yeah for the most part , but even if you cut something from one part of your post and put it in another it seems to do it. Editing doesn’t sort it either. I moved a sentence elsewhere in a post yesterday and it posted with a changed font 🤷🏻‍♂️

56 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Does modernising the club mean not singing about Catholics?

Why don't we , rather than not sing about Catholics, sing nice songs about them ? Would/could also help alleviate the loss of our much famed cauldron like atmosphere.

...a bit disco
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yeah for the most part , but even if you cut something from one part of your post and put it in another it seems to do it. Editing doesn’t sort it either. I moved a sentence elsewhere in a post yesterday and it posted with a changed font 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's because you're using an iPhone mate.

4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

This should be fun

Bang on.

All we need now is one of these to enter the debate

image.png.63fa2be7be7af5543c830ed44bb506e3.png

Let the chaos really start

Edited by 7628mm

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

That's because you're using an iPhone mate.

Samsung is for tvs and soundbars , apple is for phones , watches and ipads 😉

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

He would be much better being one of the Hertz boys. Overpriced questionable designer clothing (flash that stone island badge), cheap watered down lager, poorly cut drugs and go with your crew and shout racial abuse at your own players.

Bloody lads. And then go on twitter and post silly memes about AB and like all your rangers pals tweets.

That’s what I call a weekend. 

10 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That’s my opinion. I think a decent portion of our fans would rather be what we were in the 70s, instead of trying to keep up with the modern game, and grow as a club.

Where do JKB posters stand?

Do you mean thinking big like we should be expecting to beat Motherwell, Livingston/Dundee/Ross C/Hibs of our world?

...a bit disco
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Samsung is for tvs and soundbars , apple is for phones , watches and ipads 😉

You are not a modern man.

58 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

First paragraph - I'm well aware of these  things.

Second paragraph - the reason we have finance is due, in no small way, to the way AB has run the club and dragged us into the modern business world.

Not sure what you mean by "giving it away to good causes and vanity projects", perhaps you could enlighten me.

I think most agree, we have a decent squad more than capable of winning matches, the reason we have that squad is down to the fact that we have the finance to pay for that squad,  due to the income generated under AB's watch

Your wasting your time and energy! Ann Budge gave him a KB and he’s in the huff.... the childish nick names will start soon!

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Do you mean going back to a time where it was 100% about the football? Footballers were real men, and winning was life and death?

It wasn't all rosey and I would take many things in the modern game but we have sky rocketed into the future at a speed so fast hardly anyone had a chance to get on board.

We as a fanbase and club are simply not quite ready for Ann Budge's 'modernising'. She is so out of touch to what football is at Hearts she is killing us.

She will not even compromise. It is her vision, her stadium, her club and her journey.

Dear i8hearts

Do try to keep up

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, ollie2004 said:

Are you sure?

When did we last win a league game?

That is poor and a concern, the fact it is over a top six split in which ended up meaningless and we geared up for the final and only 3 games this season is not shocking.

It needs fixed pronto tho

I'm still not shocked tho.

33 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Bang on.

All we need now is one of these to enter the debate

image.png.63fa2be7be7af5543c830ed44bb506e3.png

Let the chaos really start

Pay slips oot! 

Shanks said no
30 minutes ago, mre said:

🤣Not heard "bent shots" since about 83! Magic!!

I don’t remember ever seeing it in type😂

I think looking at what happened to Bury and not to Hearts is down to Ann Budge alone. She is a successful business woman who probably learned a long time ago that you can't please everyone and every journey is a roller coaster of ups and downs but having watched hearts for nearly 60 years we are firmly on the up in my opinion. 

Independence
2 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I think looking at what happened to Bury and not to Hearts is down to Ann Budge alone. She is a successful business woman who probably learned a long time ago that you can't please everyone and every journey is a roller coaster of ups and downs but having watched hearts for nearly 60 years we are firmly on the up in my opinion. 

This!

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

We as a fanbase and club are simply not quite ready for Ann Budge's 'modernising'.

Do you have anything to back this up other than lots of noise from the usual suspects and their like?

Shooter McGavin

Right now, the business side of the club is streets away from the on-the-park side of the club.

I’m excited for the time when the footballing side of things catches up but I’ve been waiting for that moment for a while now and it’s that waiting that is driving all Hearts fans crazy as we’ve had years where we were run as a total basket case yet still competed very well, now it’s the polar opposite. 

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

If that's the case why has no-one done it before, and why are so few (if any) others doing anything

Because it generally does not have any discernible effect.

Teams like Kilmarnock have been giving away tickets on the cheap for years, butit was only when they struck lucky with Clarke that attendances grew and the team did well.

There is nothing wrong with initiatives in theory, but let's not start thinking they will have any effect on attendances or our overall income.

Edited by Nookie Bear

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Do you mean thinking big like we should be expecting to beat Motherwell, Livingston/Dundee/Ross C/Hibs of our world?

Yeah thats exactly what he meant !!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That’s my opinion. I think a decent portion of our fans would rather be what we were in the 70s, instead of trying to keep up with the modern game, and grow as a club.

Not being happy with shite football and zero progress on the pitch over the past two years = longing for the 70s.

12 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Not near you that's for sure.

What a load of bollocks.

I'm more concerned with the ongoing first team shitshow.

We're not turning corners were on a ****ing roundabout.

Some more concerned with face painting.

How modern.

The Treasurer
18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Because it generally does not have any discernible effect.

Teams like Kilmarnock have been giving away tickets on the cheap for years, butit was only when they struck lucky with Clarke that attendances grew and the team did well.

There is nothing wrong with initiatives in theory, but let's not start thinking they will have any effect on attendances or our overall income.

Giving a few tickets to Big Hearts (which I assume is what you're referring to) won't directly affect income or attendances, but I get the impression that i8 wasn't thinking about that when he criticised the initiatives/ideas created under AB's regime

oh ah grantona

Football club has little ambition from the top all the way down to fans. If we get a few cup runs and Europe then most would be happy. 

Football on a whole is changing in terms of watching stadiums are boring and Budge loves that idea 

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Giving a few tickets to Big Hearts (which I assume is what you're referring to) won't directly affect income or attendances, but I get the impression that i8 wasn't thinking about that when he criticised the initiatives/ideas created under AB's regime

Seeing as the OP never actually explained his theory, we can take it any way we like.

alwaysthereinspirit
6 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

In what way are we thinking big?

Is it the overpaid, over inflated squad?  Is it having a manager who is also a director and appears to be untouchable?  Is it the massive overhaul of the first team pool every transfer window?  The whole fiasco over the new stand?  Spending a fortune on a new pitch then hosting a festival event on the eve of the new campaign and damaging half the playing surface in the process?

Oh please not the grass thing again. It'll grow back if it hasnt already.

21 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Not near you that's for sure.

What a load of bollocks.

I'm more concerned with the ongoing first team shitshow.

We're not turning corners were on a ****ing roundabout.

Some more concerned with face painting.

How modern.

Yup face painting is high on my expectations and a bouncy castle...

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

A modern progressive club leading Scottish Football out of the dark ages, can only help us grow and win more trophies. Surely that’s the ultimate aim?

7 hours ago, TheStig said:

Keeping up with the modern game? If you want to keep up with the modern game you'll not find it in Scotland. We can't afford goal line technology or VAR for starters, which im actually glad we can't.

I would certainly like goal line technology,  win win situation with that the balls either over the line or it isn't. 

VAR still leaves a lot open to interpretation.

rudi must stay
13 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Ultimately it's down to the players, but I will say that at times over the years some fans haven't been ambitious enough yes, that has changed in recent months IMO due to the cup final which showed the teams potential. I think this is a good thing :thumbsup: