HMFC think Big - many of our fans want to remain small time

Beast Boy

That’s my opinion. I think a decent portion of our fans would rather be what we were in the 70s, instead of trying to keep up with the modern game, and grow as a club.

Where do JKB posters stand?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• The Treasurer

• Nookie Bear

• maroonshrew

4 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That’s my opinion. I think a decent portion of our fans would rather be what we were in the 70s, instead of trying to keep up with the modern game, and grow as a club.

Any examples? other than my own two feet.

Edited by ri Alban

Do you mean going back to a time where it was 100% about the football? Footballers were real men, and winning was life and death?

It wasn't all rosey and I would take many things in the modern game but we have sky rocketed into the future at a speed so fast hardly anyone had a chance to get on board.

We as a fanbase and club are simply not quite ready for Ann Budge's 'modernising'. She is so out of touch to what football is at Hearts she is killing us.

She will not even compromise. It is her vision, her stadium, her club and her journey.

CloustonHMFC
17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Do you mean going back to a time where it was 100% about the football? Footballers were real men, and winning was life and death?

It wasn't all rosey and I would take many things in the modern game but we have sky rocketed into the future at a speed so fast hardly anyone had a chance to get on board.

We as a fanbase and club are simply not quite ready for Ann Budge's 'modernising'. She is so out of touch to what football is at Hearts she is killing us.

She will not even compromise. It is her vision, her stadium, her club and her journey.

The first part highlighted says a lot about you. As for the second part, a *small* section of our support are not ready. The level headed among us are entirely ready and looking forward to what is to come.

2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

The first part highlighted says a lot about you. As for the second part, a *small* section of our support are not ready. The level headed among us are entirely ready and looking forward to what is to come.

I would say 99% of all fans not on JKB are not. Aka the majority.

4 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

The first part highlighted says a lot about you.

Does masculinity offend you?

Stephane Grappelli
6 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

In what way are we thinking big?

Is it the overpaid, over inflated squad?  Is it having a manager who is also a director and appears to be untouchable?  Is it the massive overhaul of the first team pool every transfer window?  The whole fiasco over the new stand?  Spending a fortune on a new pitch then hosting a festival event on the eve of the new campaign and damaging half the playing surface in the process?

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Do you have any actual evidence to back that up? Because pretty much every Hearts fan I know thinks the same way I do in regards to Ann Budge. I reckon you just associate with absolute roasters on the daily, not surprising really.

3 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Do you have any actual evidence to back that up? Because pretty much every Hearts fan I know thinks the same way I do in regards to Ann Budge. I reckon you just associate with absolute roasters on the daily, not surprising really.

Only masculine ones though.

Couldn't agree more , the only downside is we haven't got the first team performance right , probably the most important thing for most supporters . 

I would hope this will be addressed as a matter of urgency should Craig fail to deliver again this year re the final league position. 

We have come so far in the past few years of the park it's nothing short of incredible, long may it continue. 

What's a fanbase?  Didn't know we had one.  Is it American?  I thought we had supporters.  400,000 of them according to our great friends.

Anyway, the good times are just round the corner.

Keeping up with the modern game? If you want to keep up with the modern game you'll not find it in Scotland. We can't afford goal line technology or VAR for starters, which im actually glad we can't.

Bazzas right boot

31 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

For as painfull as the last few years have been I still believe good times are not far away.

23 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What's a fanbase?  Didn't know we had one.  Is it American?  I thought we had supporters.  400,000 of them according to our great friends.

Anyway, the good times are just round the corner.

4 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Keeping up with the modern game? If you want to keep up with the modern game you'll not find it in Scotland. We can't afford goal line technology or VAR for starters, which im actually glad we can't.

3 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Everything would be fine if we actually started winning football matches.

I agree with all.....

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Couldn't agree more , the only downside is we haven't got the first team performance right , probably the most important thing for most supporters . 

I would hope this will be addressed as a matter of urgency should Craig fail to deliver again this year re the final league position. 

We have come so far in the past few years of the park it's nothing short of incredible, long may it continue. 

Agree, if the team was winning everything would look rosy. I don't think she is going too fast. Our sport has to adapt.

Go on...

7 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Everything would be fine if we actually started winning football matches.

In a nutshell, that is correct.  No one would care a jot about investing in women's football or hosting concerts.  Can't wait to hear the outrage when some find that we're spending money developing part of the website in Japanese.

27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I8 = the voice of the voiceless.  

Finlay James

I agree with your opinion.  I don't think that it's just Hearts fans though, I would suggest that a large proportion of Scottish football in general doesn't want to move forward and as such, we're being rapidly left behind other countries.

I could write a tonne on this subject but I won't bore you so will only say that thankfully we have forward thinkers such as Ann Budge and Craig Levein at our club as we will soon be leaving the rest behind.

The only thing "big" at the moment is certain egos. Once that is gone we'll start playing attractive football once again and go from strength to strength. 

I thought every fan wants Hearts to become bigger and win stuff?

Is that not what the OP is asking?

We all have our ideas on how we get there, but success is our goal. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

Have to agree with you.

What is the modern game though? To be honest we could have had the same discussion about change at any time of our history. I suppose it is all more visible now. 

been here before
37 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

This should be fun

By fun do you mean dominated by one particular "look at me" poster who voluntary chooses not to attend games, "doesnt care", offers the club no tangible support and has become "bored" but hangs around here spouting the same old tedious shite about something he cant possibly have formed any personally informed opinions about but occasionally throws in made up statistics culled from nowhere?

7 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Bit early in the day for a fishing expedition eh ?

Typic bored housewife. 

11 Heart of Midlothian 34 13 7 14 41 40 +1 33

6 Heart of Midlothian 34 13 13 8 53 49 +4 39

10 Heart of Midlothian 34 12 6 16 39 50 −11 30

6 Heart of Midlothian 34 14 10 10 54 43 +11 38

8 Hearts 34 11 13 10 47 52 −5

5 Heart of Midlothian 36 13 9 14 39 45 −6 35

9 Heart of Midlothian (R) 36 7 13 16 49 66 −17 27

Ah yes, the halcyon days of the 70s, culminating in relegation. Was great to watch those men's men nashin around the mudbath though. It was all about winning in those days, well losing mostly but winning was the aim. A great time for Derbys as well, well not really but that's not the point.

Yes the 70s as a Hearts supporter where a truly memorable experience and it's time we returned to those days of unadulterated masculinity.

7 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The 1970's were shocking both on and off the park!

The past couple of years have been shocking on the park but the business side has improved on a financial basis.

Has the matchday experience improved?

Not in my opinion as the major issue affecting that still remains namely the bigot brothers and the failure of the football authorities and police to deal with them and their so called supporters.

AB is trying to eliminate that from our support but perhaps needs to think again on how to achieve that.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

You'll need to explain the part I've highlighted

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

The past couple of years have been shocking on the park but the business side has improved on a financial basis.

Not in my opinion as the major issue affecting that still remains namely the bigot brothers and the failure of the football authorities and police to deal with them and their so called supporters.

AB is trying to eliminate that from our support but perhaps needs to think again on how to achieve that.

6th place and getting to a final isn't shocking.

It needs improved bit is notv"shockubg" Ffs. 

She does not need to think about how to achieve it (bigotry) , she is doing it. 

That is why certain folk are annoyed with her. 

The Treasurer
39 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I'd be very surprised if i8 actually knows what football was like in the 70s. 

Anyone who suffered through that period in our history would not want to go back there.

Women's Cup final to be held at Tyncastle in November.

That's it, we've sold our soul to the Devil.

:rofl:

12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

You'll need to explain the part I've highlighted

Dont make him do that.

The club is a bawhair away from being in prime position to kick on, i believe certain people will never appreciate that AB has set us up for long term success.

The first team results are poor and they are the most important to supporters but they are transient and can be addressed quickly.

What couldnt be addressed quickly was the entire infrastructure upgrade, new stand (self funded), the Academy and the partnerships and relationships we have made as a result of AB.

i’ve lived with alot worse than a couple of 6th place finishes and im confident we are setup for future success.

Edited by Jamboelite

16 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

Matchday experience has improved in terms of the experience for my kids yeah, if you mean the football on the park not recently but its not horrific just not where the rest of the club is in its vision.

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Dont make him do that.

The club is a bawhair away from being in prime position to kick on i believe certain people will never appreciate that AB has set us up for long term success.

The first team results are poor and they are the most important to supporters but they are transient and can be addressed quickly.

What couldnt be addressed quickly was the entire infrastructure upgrade, new stand (self funded), the Academy and the partnerships and relationships we have made as a result of AB.

i’ve lived with alot worse than a couple of 6th place finishes.

Can't argue with any of this

IMO: HMFC think long term - many of our fans want instant success. 

(Although we should be having better results then we're currently having.) 

sandylejambo

The football going forward? That would be good, everything else seems to be on track, I don't think it will get better this season, maybe next, when the business levels are through the roof, she'll get onto team matters.

The White Cockade

the 70's

when we got crowds of as low as 3 or 4 thousand

we hardly won a game

we were skint

any decent players were sold on for peanuts

bigotry and sectarianism were rife

the Board were hated

one of the main songs on the terraces was "what a load of rubbish"

those 70's?

Some people wanting rid of Levein in favour of a “modern forward thinking manager” or words to that effect yet also do not wish the same for the club as a whole.

Awesome thinking guys 👍

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Normally this wouldn't be the case, but in this instance, I want to thank you for posting. You have consistently represented the views of the most backward, regressive, anti-forward looking vanguard amongst the Hearts support. Though others have come to your defence to proclaim you are not one of the Dean Owens, Phoodle Out airplane-type neanderthals yourself--and I think we can all accept that--you openly put forward views and goals that align with theirs on a regular basis.

So I'm thanking you for posting because the angst you have expressed here can only mean that Dr Budge is marginalising people like that from having any association whatsoever with our great club, something that can only pay the highest of dividends in the future.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Edited by Justin Z

Don’t miss wading through puddles of pish that occasionally ran down the terracing steps(especially at Hampden) & feel blessed with the facilities we now have, but even an auld fart like me would prefer an area for standing for a bit carnage & a sway where you jumped about mental in the middle but ended up down the front. Ah the memories.

2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Normally this wouldn't be the case, but in this instance, I want to thank you for posting. You have consistently represented the views of the most backward, regressive, anti-forward looking vanguard amongst the Hearts support. Though others have come to your defence to proclaim you are not one of the Dean Owens, Phoodle Out airplane-type neanderthals yourself--and I think we can all accept that--you openly put forward views and goals that align with theirs on a regular basis.

So I'm thanking you for posting because the angst you have expressed here can only mean that Dr Budge is marginalising people like that from having any association whatsoever with our great club, something that can only pay the highest of dividends in the future.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51aedf684f846f22e7330

Harry Potter
9 minutes ago, sac said:

Don’t miss wading through puddles of pish that occasionally ran down the terracing steps(especially at Hampden) & feel blessed with the facilities we now have, but even an auld fart like me would prefer an area for standing for a bit carnage & a sway where you jumped about mental in the middle but ended up down the front. Ah the memories.

Aye but the smell stayed in the nostrils for weeks, deffo an unforgetable expearience with the superb singing.:)

1 hour ago, Haken said:

In the same way that feminism threatens you?

I'm not threatened by feminism, I just despise it 

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Aye but the smell stayed in the nostrils for weeks, deffo an unforgetable expearience with the superb singing.:)

Dinosaur alert!!!