Michael Stewart tonight

Whatever

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Boab said:

This has been well covered.

The chat about sevco suffering if they lost that Final was rubbished even before the game and has been proven to be pish, as most people knew it would be. 

There was no scenario on the planet that agreed with Hibs winning it. None !!

Don't know what the chat was but they finished 3rd twice in a row after promotion that season and I don't think have got to a cup final since. If we hadn't had all the manager upheaval I think we'd have been challenging them for 3rd or even Aberdeen for 2nd both those seasons. Given our situation, that was way more important to me than what a championship side did in the cup one year. Who knows if winning the cup would have given them more confidence etc. Maybe they'd have done well in the Europa League and got better players earlier. Who knows. There was certainly no danger of Hibs doing anything in Europe.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Sagan

• Dallas Green

• Boab

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Don't know what the chat was but they finished 3rd twice in a row after promotion that season and I don't think have got to a cup final since. If we hadn't had all the manager upheaval I think we'd have been challenging them for 3rd or even Aberdeen for 2nd both those seasons. Given our situation, that was way more important to me than what a championship side did in the cup one year. Who knows if winning the cup would have given them more confidence etc. Maybe they'd have done well in the Europa League and got better players earlier. Who knows. There was certainly no danger of Hibs doing anything in Europe.

Hibs lose every Cup Final.

Every one ! It’s the law !

This really shouldn’t have to be debated.

The fact there’s now two of you is concerning !

Bed time. Night !

27 minutes ago, smiler said:

Nice words mate, but you don't get it either, it should have been incidental who Hibs played, shouldn't even have come into the equation. 

I honestly didn't think there could be another with Tosh's line of 'thinking'. Astonishing. 

If they thought rangers losing the cup final would slow their progress then they know nothing about football. 

If they thought hibs winning was the preferable outcome then they know nothing about Hearts. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If they thought rangers losing the cup final would slow their progress then they know nothing about football. 

If they thought hibs winning was the preferable outcome then they know nothing about Hearts. 

Correct mate.

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not what you said at the time, Tosh.

Your reasoning for the, frankly, batshit mental reason of Hibs winning the big cup was that it would be detrimental to sevco’s progression back to the top of Scottish football.

Over three years ago and you’re still getting grief. Think about that for a minute.

I still believe that us keeping them down and them getting into Europe a year later did hurt them, and along with them not winning  a bean,  and going forward  celtic getting Tiar  and them not winning anything for the next few seasons will all add up to them going pop again.

Long game tho……..

In terms of grief, I many don't agree but don't feel the need to continue bringing it up.

Some do, maybe it makes them feel better, maybe it makes them feel like PHM, maybe they just like arguing, maybe they think everyone should think the same.....I dunno.

It's boring tho and my position hasn't and won't change on it.

Ann kens I'm a genuine fan, so I'm happy. 😁

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Pretty logical, although it was distasteful, I didn't break stride when hibs won it.

It ruined many a Hearts fan tho.

Hibs generally haven't been an obstacle to any possible success for us, the Old frim are, anything that delays them or keeps them down, even for a bit is good in my book.

I also really, really dislike the OF and hate rangers for a decade of cheating us and Scottish football.

In short , rangers being shite is better for Hearts  (and imo Scottish football) and I also hate the horrible cheating  *******s. Hibs are always shite and are a plaything.

Rangers still haven't won a thing and haven't even made a final since then. Long may it continue.

Folk don't need to agree but the need to push their beliefs and belittle a fellow Hearts fan for having the nerve to hate our "Glasgow cousins" more than hibs is baffling.

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, smiler said:

Nice words mate, but you don't get it either, it should have been incidental who Hibs played, shouldn't even have come into the equation. 

I honestly didn't think there could be another with Tosh's line of 'thinking'. Astonishing. 

What is astonishing that a grown up adult cannot get over the fact that some think different.

It is also astonishing that on a Hearts forum, hibs winning the cup comes up a lot. It's almost like there is a hibs plant on here that just brings it up, then sits back and laughs at Hearts fans arguing amongst each other about hibs, this time  days after a derby win...

**** rangers and **** hibs too.

You can either slag and argue with me or just accept that I dislike Rangers more and want rangers to win nothing ever again.

It's a shame that we haven't been at the races to take advantage, that is the biggest issue in my book.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

You know it's possible to be happy Rangers lost the cup while not being happy Hibs won the cup.

giphy.gif

Nah mate, I scored the winner.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, smiler said:

You uttered words that a Hearts fan shouldn't utter, and the worst is, you still don't get it. 

Incidentally, I don't have anyone on ignore, but carry on with your slavering ramblings then I could easily reassess that 👍

You don't get it, tho.

I've explained it perfectly.

You don't have to agree, but if you don't get it then you must be hard of thinking.

A threat of ignore.... Here was me thinking you were an adult as well.

Anyway, Mikey Stewart.

1 hour ago, smiler said:

You uttered words that a Hearts fan shouldn't utter, and the worst is, you still don't get it. 

Incidentally, I don't have anyone on ignore, but carry on with your slavering ramblings then I could easily reassess that 👍

I never want to see the huns win a trophy. If that means hibs beating them then tough. 

32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You don't get it, tho.

I've explained it perfectly.

You don't have to agree, but if you don't get it then you must be hard of thinking.

A threat of ignore.... Here was me thinking you were an adult as well.

Anyway, Mikey Stewart.

I admire your patience. Every other thread, no matter the subject, someone brings up you not wanting the huns to win the cup. On this thread you are getting slagged by someone who doesn't even go to Hearts games anymore so just laugh at them

2 hours ago, smiler said:

So what? Some people think differently to you, get over it ffs. 

He isn't trying to turn you hibs, he isn't sympathising with them, never defends them, he just thought they were the lesser of two evils one day.

You don't agree. We get it. Get over it. 

8 minutes ago, smiler said:

Unbelievable.

Why??? I have family and close friends that are hibs fans. Love beating them but they are harmless as a club. Unlike the sectarian cesspit that is rangers

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So what? Some people think differently to you, get over it ffs. 

He isn't trying to turn you hibs, he isn't sympathising with them, never defends them, he just thought they were the lesser of two evils one day.

You don't agree. We get it. Get over it. 

You staunchly defended him at the time I recall, and got all upset when folk were rightly ripping into him.

Dont be such a condescending *****, cheers.

Just now, XB52 said:

Why??? I have family and close friends that are hibs fans. Love beating them but they are harmless as a club. Unlike the sectarian cesspit that is rangers

Unbelievable #2

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, smiler said:

You staunchly defended him at the time I recall, and got all upset when folk were rightly ripping into him.

You're acting very petulant. 

Smithee actually disagreed with me, but was adult enough to accept a different opinion and not go on about it years after. 

The only person getting upset is you. 

Clearly folk not thinking the same as you gets you upset, maybe a forum isn't for you. 

You need to accept everyone doesn't think like you and some folk may not dislike or hate hibs as much as others. 

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're acting very petulant. 

Smithee actually disagreed with me, but was adult enough to accept a different opinion and not go on about it years after. 

The only person getting upset is you. 

Clearly folk not thinking the same as you gets you upset, maybe a forum isn't for you. 

You need to accept everyone doesn't think like you and some folk may not dislike or hate hibs as much as others. 

I couldn’t care who accepts your opinion. You’re upset ‘cos you’re, quite rightly, still getting jip about it. The bottom line is you wanted Hibs to win something, that’s wrong, period. Doesn’t matter how much convoluted spraffing and spin you put on it to back up your reasoning.

If you are a Hearts fan, then you’re a type of Hearts fan I’ve never met, thankfully.

Edited by smiler

19 minutes ago, smiler said:

The guy had a different opinion to you three years ago ffs :laugh:

13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The guy had a different opinion to you three years ago ffs :laugh:

Just because you feel sorry for him doesn’t mean I’m not going to bring it up when I choose.

4 minutes ago, smiler said:

Just because you feel sorry for him doesn’t mean I’m not going to bring it up when I choose.

You do what you like, I'll likely point out how shan it is to use it as an ad hominem years later and suggest you get over it. You'll respond angrily with a wee personal dig, I won't really care and will reiterate how ****ing stupid it is to bring up something you disagreed with years ago and that we all see the world with different eyes.

It's a dance, life's eternal ballet, beautiful really eh?

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You do what you like, I'll likely point out how shan it is to use it as an ad hominem years later and suggest you get over it. You'll respond angrily with a wee personal dig, I won't really care and will reiterate how ****ing stupid it is to bring up something you disagreed with years ago and that we all see the world with different eyes.

It's a dance, life's eternal ballet, beautiful really eh?

I will do what I like, you’re bang on there. Personally, I’ll remind him about it for ever more, you don’t like it so don’t read.

Make sure you contact the many others with a similar viewpoint to mine though, you know, the one where we want Hibs to win **** all, and tell them how shan it is to keep reminding the guy about it. Thanks for popping by, it’s been lovely.

1 minute ago, smiler said:

I will do what I like, you’re bang on there. Personally, I’ll remind him about it for ever more, you don’t like it so don’t read.

Make sure you contact the many others with a similar viewpoint to mine though, you know, the one where we want Hibs to win **** all, and tell them how shan it is to keep reminding the guy about it. Thanks for popping by, it’s been lovely.

ace-ventura-dance.gif

5 minutes ago, smiler said:

I get the feeling it’s a while since you last got your hole :lol:

I was hoping for a better chat up line but it'll do I suppose

5 hours ago, smiler said:

I couldn’t care who accepts your opinion. You’re upset ‘cos you’re, quite rightly, still getting jip about it. The bottom line is you wanted Hibs to win something, that’s wrong, period. Doesn’t matter how much convoluted spraffing and spin you put on it to back up your reasoning.

If you are a Hearts fan, then you’re a type of Hearts fan I’ve never met, thankfully.

You don't have the right to tell anyone how they should feel about football results.

Edited by dsk1210

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, smiler said:

It's like reminding me how handsome I am tbh. 

You don't need to remind me, I actually still feel the same. My opinion won't change. 

What you get from it is beyond me, you've clogged up this thread. 

Maybe it makes you feel more Hearts to rip me, maybe you like a mob culture, maybe you feel the need to be correct. 

I dunno, but reminding me of something that I am happy to admit is a strange one. 

Maybe you're hibs and it's a rouse to keep talking about hibs and their cup win?

You talk about hibs winning the cup more than hibs. Wtf is that about? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So did Stewart say anything last night? 

Talked about hibs Cup win. 

Oh wait, he never. That was Hearts fans. 

7 hours ago, smiler said:

You wanted Sevco to win something. Not sure that makes you any better. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, smiler said:

Aww naw, you mean we we won't be friends. 

I'm actually a hoot as well. 

Talk about dashing a girls dreams, tho. 

😘

Take it easy, enjoy the night if you're going. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

If it meant Hibs winning **** all then, by default, abso****inlutely. 

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aww naw, you mean we we won't be friends. 

I'm actually a hoot as well. 

Talk about dashing a girls dreams, tho. 

😘

Take it easy, enjoy the night if you're going. 

Have to say, the support you have received on this thread is admirable, unbelievable, but admirable. 

I suppose with the amount of time that you spend on here you're bound to make some pals, eventually. 

31 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

So you're another one happy with Hibs winning it, that's five on here now, this is batshit mental. 

38 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

This has been discussed ad nauseum !

I’ll bow out after this.....it didn’t matter who Hibs were playing...sevco, demons, sheep, Motherwell, St Mirren.....immaterial !

The point is, they ended a 114 year drought by winning it. No Hearts supporters I know would have accepted that. Not one !

Now, Mickey Stewart.....!

Edited by Boab

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Boab said:

This has been discussed as nauseum !

I’ll bow out after this.....it didn’t matter who Hibs were playing...sevco, demons, sheep, Motherwell, St Mirren.....immaterial !

The point is, they ended a 114 year drought by winning it. No Hearts supporters I know would have accepted that. Not one !

I find Mickey Stewart okay.

That’ll be us back on topic now that school is about to start.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I find Mickey Stewart okay.

That’ll be us back on topic now that school is about to start.

Been a while since Boab was at school tbf. 

15 minutes ago, smiler said:

So you're another one happy with Hibs winning it, that's five on here now, this is batshit mental. 

No. I thought there was no preferable outcome. I'm not going to berate someone for finding one slightly more palatable than the other. 

8 minutes ago, Boab said:

Every day’s a school day on here. See the above page.

🙄

I played a part in that admittedly Boab, but I remain defiant in my stance! 

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

No. I thought there was no preferable outcome. I'm not going to berate someone for finding one slightly more palatable than the other. 

I would have preferred no winner either, but I can't believe Hearts fans would find a Hibs win more palatable. 

The Old Tolbooth
26 minutes ago, Boab said:

This has been discussed ad nauseum !

That's nailed it for me, if this new breed of Hearts fan would rather see Hibs win something (anything at all), then I find that just weird!