• Boab

Just now, milky_26 said:

he has actually praised levein for the subbing of clare

But couldn't bring himself to say his name :rofl:

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he has actually praised levein for the subbing of clare

He said Clare was as good as a man down so he’s right there 

1 minute ago, jimbo99 said:

Not one second of footage of Meshino nor mention of him in the punditry.
Weird...I thought he looked the best player on the park.

they did show a couple of his bits of movement but there was a lack of real analysis apart from hibs being shite

John mcCartney
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He will be entitled to say it was a great victory, he probably won't, althought it was, but in terms of strategy and the quality at out disposal it changes nothing. We had 3 shots on target against a poor Hibs team and, yes, a great 3 points and , we've got the bragging rights, but what a s**t game. Watched it in the Diggers and, compared to 5 or 10 years ago it was empty and a bit muted. So, in short, a great short term boost for today and tomorrow, winding your mates up at work, but other than that, having big Uche as our focal point , in an attacking sense, shows how far we have fallen.

brutal stuff

Hmfc in control for most of the game,you must have felt that surely.
tbf that game today put a bit more love back in for the club.They ground it out and fair fecking play to em players.

Edited by John mcCartney

2 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

brutal stuff

Hmfc in control for most of the game,you must have felt that surely.
tbf that game today put a bit more love back in for the club.They ground it out and fair fecking play to em players.

Disagree John. I thought it was a turgid game but we got the breaks at the right time. 2 poor teams. We had only had 3 shots on target and less possession but I don't think either team were. in control.

1 hour ago, theshed said:

He said Clare was as good as a man down so he’s right there 

Every single pundit whether they like Hearts/Levein (ie McCann) or not (ie Stewart) say the same thing.  Sean Clare is as good as a man down.

Only CL doesn't see this.  We looked much better when Morrison came on and would expect Clare to make way for Naisy and Walker when they come back.

28 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

He was spot on tonight. Gave Levein credit for the result while echoing the thoughts of the majority on here. 

Give credit to Michael Stewart tonight come across as genuinely pleased with the result and I feel he just wants the best for hearts like us all.

His criticism of recent times has been justified 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Every single pundit whether they like Hearts/Levein (ie McCann) or not (ie Stewart) say the same thing.  Sean Clare is as good as a man down.

Only CL doesn't see this.  We looked much better when Morrison came on and would expect Clare to make way for Naisy and Walker when they come back.

If we want to play two more attack-minded midfielders though he's our only fit option along with Meshino right now. Walker and Naismith will be ahead of him when fit, so he'll be up against Damour, Haring and Irving for a centre midfield spot. I doubt we'll see him play as much when everyone's fit, unless he puts together a run of form.

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He will be entitled to say it was a great victory, he probably won't, althought it was, but in terms of strategy and the quality at out disposal it changes nothing. We had 3 shots on target against a poor Hibs team and, yes, a great 3 points and , we've got the bragging rights, but what a s**t game. Watched it in the Diggers and, compared to 5 or 10 years ago it was empty and a bit muted. So, in short, a great short term boost for today and tomorrow, winding your mates up at work, but other than that, having big Uche as our focal point , in an attacking sense, shows how far we have fallen.

:clyay:

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

The carrot topped cockwomble will not enjoy having to give the manager the credit he deserves. So he probably won't.

He will find negatives in the performance, or put our win down to Hibs being utterly gantin.

Always great to beat the tramps and full credit to the players, the manager, the policeman behind the goals and to our fantastic support at the game. 

Now let's kick on from here.

Well said Jonno 🤸‍♂️

He must have been gutted at our win. Backhanded praise for “the manager” and the substitutions. Still saying that Levein needs to go though. All so predictable from him.

1 hour ago, whodanny said:

But couldn't bring himself to say his name :rofl:

Just what I was going to say. He didn't have the decency to call him by his name, but only as "the manager". He takes bitterness to a whole new level.

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What a misreable individual you are.

We beat at Hibs at Easter Road.

Whatever the backdrop it's a Fecken good thing for a Hearts fan.

It's what it's all about.

Too wrapped up in your agenda .

Edited by HillmanHearts
Spelling

8 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

When was Sportscene on? I didnt see it on my planner and its not on iplayer? 

It's shown twice, on 2 different channels.

1st showing on the BBC Scotland Channel at 715pm

2nd showing on BBC 1 Scotland at 1150pm

37 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If we want to play two more attack-minded midfielders though he's our only fit option along with Meshino right now. Walker and Naismith will be ahead of him when fit, so he'll be up against Damour, Haring and Irving for a centre midfield spot. I doubt we'll see him play as much when everyone's fit, unless he puts together a run of form.

He should never ever be considered for a central midfield spot!!! 

Imo he shouldn’t play at all but if he has to play it must be wide right of the midfield. Should be dropped from the starting 11 as we were better when he went off. 

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

It's shown twice, on 2 different channels.

1st showing on the BBC Scotland Channel at 715pm

2nd showing on BBC 1 Scotland at 1150pm

👍 I'll watch it on the way to work tomorrow. 

16 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

What a misreable individual you are.

We beat at Hibs at Easter Road.

Whatever the backdrop it's a Fecken good thing for a Hearts fan.

It's what it's all about.

Too wrapped up in your agenda .

You're easily pleased by the sound of  things. I've got far better memories of us winning down there while we were up challenging at the other end of the table. The whole club is enveloped in a cloud of apathy at the moment but as I said it was a good victory.  However, it doesn't change anything for the vast majority of fans though.

Guest ToqueJambo

Didn't watch but I take it Stewart laid into Heckingbottom?

Not just how bad his team were in pretty much every department, but his bench was made up of almost all his new signings, Ie they're not good enough, whereas all of Levein's fit new signings were playing and played big parts in the win. 

Bazzas right boot
On 22/09/2019 at 21:42, Enzo Chiefo said:

You're easily pleased by the sound of  things. I've got far better memories of us winning down there while we were up challenging at the other end of the table. The whole club is enveloped in a cloud of apathy at the moment but as I said it was a good victory.  However, it doesn't change anything for the vast majority of fans though.

You're wrong 

Results will change it for the majority. 

That's how it should be. 

On 22/09/2019 at 17:57, Enzo Chiefo said:

Wouldn't expect anything else from you TBH. Worth ignoring once again.

Wins will change people’s opinions. As it is now, I still think we are best without Levein. Happy for him and the side to keep winning and shutting me and Stewart up tho. 

Bazzas right boot

Tbf to Mikey, least he's gave a little credit, unlike some posters on here who have suddenly stopped posting after a win. 

It should have been ten
21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf to Mikey, least he's gave a little credit, unlike some posters on here who have suddenly stopped posting after a win. 

They’ll still be spewing 

Governor Tarkin
28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You'll be happy though, Tosh, eh. 

It's only cup finals you want Hibs to win. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You'll be happy though, Tosh, eh. 

It's only cup finals you want Hibs to win. 

Weirdo. 

You getting Hearts and rangers mixed up or treating them as the same? 

Says more about you than me, bud. 👍

Governor Tarkin

:

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Weirdo. 

You getting Hearts and rangers mixed up or treating them as the same? 

Says more about you than me, bud. 👍

:jj:

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're wrong 

Results will change it for the majority. 

That's how it should be. 

Yeh, results. Plural. Great win but it HAS to lead to more wins. No excuses. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Yeh, results. Plural. Great win but it HAS to lead to more wins. No excuses. 

Yip we need a few wins. 

1 minute ago, gjcc said:

What struck me on the sportscene chat. Mentioned PHeckingbottom several times by name, referred to Levein once (I think) as “the manager”. 

If Levein was a player, Stewart would refer to him by his number.

23 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

If Levein was a player, Stewart would refer to him by his number.

Levein was a player and some player at that! Stewart was actually ...just a number.

Frank Sidebottom

One of the flaws in Michael’s argument is that he uses the recruitment at the club as a stick to beat Levein with.  At the same time, he now says that the current squad is as strong as it’s been for some time. Well Michael, which is it?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I had to laugh at him saying Heckingbottom deserves more time as the core of his team is out injured at the moment. You have to laugh at the irony

Surely he never said that with a straight face!

In any case, even with supposed injuries, five of Heckingbottom's much-heralded signings were left on the bench. Very poor manager

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I had to laugh at him saying Heckingbottom deserves more time as the core of his team is out injured at the moment. You have to laugh at the irony

From what I know the Hibs players out injured are Boyle McGregor and Gray - in comparison we have Souttar Walker Naismith  Washington and Harring! 5 Hearts players who would walk into that Hibs team! We’d maybe take Boyle but he would be by no means a guaranteed starter.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Surely he never said that with a straight face!

In any case, even with supposed injuries, five of Heckingbottom's much-heralded signings were left on the bench. Very poor manager

Which is the the type of risk I think that Hearts are trying to avoid with Levein. A change of manager is a risk particularly if Levein leaves the club completely and the new manager demands “his own players in” and then they prove to be shit.