Jump to content
Roman1874

Glenn Whelan signs one year deal with Hearts (title updated)

Recommended Posts

Marooned In Ireland
5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

****ing morons. 

 

5 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We wouldn't accept him at Hearts because we are 'staunch', apparently. 

 

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Sadly that's probably true of a handful of wee arseholes who pretend to support our club

 

 

Treasurer took the words from my mouth there. No doubt we have neanderthals in the ranks too, like every club.

 

I'm based in Ireland myself, and I do encounter the occasional ill-educated buffoon (rarely enough these days I should add). I'm not one to stereotype, but those whom I mention all seem to come from similar areas/backgrounds etc. Folk who sit in the pub all day spending their hard earned social welfare and whinging that everything in the world is wrong whilst contributing nothing to society apart from giving publicans a boost, as mentioned previously.

 

By and large, our signings of Irish lads like Stephen Elliott, Aidan Keena, and now Glenn Whelan in the last decade in particular have painted us in a more positive light after darker episodes like the Lennon punch for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin

My work mate has told me Glenn is decent and a bit of a hard barsteward. Just what we need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
siegementality
14 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Not really sure why you follow him all over the board getting upset.

That’s probably because I don’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Punks No Deid
3 hours ago, Marvin said:

My work mate has told me Glenn is decent and a bit of a hard barsteward. Just what we need.

Collum, Son of Dallas & Co will have their yellow & red  cards at the ready. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
His name is

Funny story involving Whealan 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
24 minutes ago, His name is said:

Funny story involving Whealan 

 

 

Well thats an excrutiating 3m 34 secs Im never going to get back.

 

#bantz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StevenNaismith

I managed to take in the reserve game against St Mirren and Whelan was excellent. Makes sure everyone around him knows their jobs whilst doing his own really well. I have a feeling he’s gonna be a great signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I managed to take in the reserve game against St Mirren and Whelan was excellent. Makes sure everyone around him knows their jobs whilst doing his own really well. I have a feeling he’s gonna be a great signing.

 

So like Naismith is on the pitch, which is what we need (two leaders on the pitch but if Naismith is not available we can still have someone coaching in midfield.)

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notts1874
10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

 

So like Naismith is on the pitch, which is what we need (two leaders on the pitch but if Naismith is not available we can still have someone coaching in midfield.)

Was seemingly giving Henderson pelters after he gave the ball away....along the lines of do that again and you can win it back yourself 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Was seemingly giving Henderson pelters after he gave the ball away....along the lines of do that again and you can win it back yourself 😁

😆

 

Similar to Naismith in a reserve friendly in pre-season saying "let's show some ****ing quality" after so many misplaced passes from teammates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StevenNaismith
47 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Was seemingly giving Henderson pelters after he gave the ball away....along the lines of do that again and you can win it back yourself 😁

Correct, with a few sweary words 🤐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dallas Green
9 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Was seemingly giving Henderson pelters after he gave the ball away....along the lines of do that again and you can win it back yourself 😁

 

9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

😆

 

Similar to Naismith in a reserve friendly in pre-season saying "let's show some ****ing quality" after so many misplaced passes from teammates

 

I can't wait to have these two playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer

Baptism of fire Sunday and expect he won't be fazed. Hope he snaps Broonaldo in half

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Baptism of fire Sunday and expect he won't be fazed. Hope he snaps Broonaldo in half

He's played in bigger games. So I'd say you're correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tartofmidlothian

Didn't see the match today, how did he look on his debut?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tartofmidlothian

I asked on his own thread but it got lost, how did he look on his debut?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay

Whelan looks a good player. He'll get stuck in and drive us forward. No problems there :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tartofmidlothian
6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Whelan looks a good player. He'll get stuck in and drive us forward. No problems there :thumbsup:

 

Glad to hear it. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack

Only took him all of about 20 minutes, to tell Brown to shut the **** up.

 

Bit disappointed. Would've preferred 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I.T.K

Had a great curved pass around a Celtic player in the first half. Not often I see that from Hearts player.  

 

Thought Irving did well with his passing too. Some nice dinks over the top and long switches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
6 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Had a great curved pass around a Celtic player in the first half. Not often I see that from Hearts player.  

 

Thought Irving did well with his passing too. Some nice dinks over the top and long switches.

Whelan was ok but the game missed him out for the most part. 

 

I mentioned it elsewhere but Irving had some moments of real quality and courage again, to be 19 and pick the plays he does under pressure takes nuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sid
On 07/08/2019 at 04:00, Inch Hearts said:

 

He isn’t coming. He will be Bullens first signing in England. 

He’s here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Spy Who Loved Me

Called up for international duty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cruzabic

Did very little, as did others...but did very little

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders

interesting to see the comments when he signed - some called it correctly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo
On 14/08/2019 at 16:08, iantjambo said:

:yas:

 

 

 


Ironically, this was my same reaction to the news he was getting punted :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...